Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: More Global Representation

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Weenie quotient low once again. Fucking pissed.

Last announcement before I leave too.

Will be almost as pissed if a band off my Wishlist gets announced after I fly out :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:34 pm

Gama Bomb! Great add! Ill consider checking out Monstrosity if time allows it, Anvil is nice add but not stoked since they have US Dates including my hometown so Ill probally catch them here! Still though 6 band annoucement, preety awesome! Cant wait to be there! :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:39 pm

THE HATE COLONY

Looks like Andy finally booked a true spiritual successor to Chimaira :lol:
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:40 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:Just saw on Facebook that Claim the Throne "got the call a few hours ago" meaning that UMC is scrambling to book bands at the last minute. :?

Maybe the rest of the pre show will get on too..

9 more, trying to be optimistic but I took a gamble when I booked this, and only one thing happens when I gamble, I lose. :evil:
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:41 pm

ironic that Razor Ramon thinks Andy is the "bad guy"
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Where are the girly bands? Arch Enemy and Crucified Barbara don't count :bitch:
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I like some of the bands playing but I could miss every band onboard so far and not even be bothered by it.

I totally agree with you. I will have plenty of time to find other entertainment.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Never heard of SUBORNED before but I like what I heard. I'll catch a set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB3B3U81cg0
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:43 pm

alex_canada wrote:ironic that Razor Ramon thinks Andy is the "bad guy"

Someone might need to get the Razor's Edge on this boat.
    Last edited by Razor Ramon on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:45 pm

Wait a minute....Corpsegrinder will be with Cannibal Corpse since they're announced and he did vocals on Monstrosity
    s Imperial Doom & Millennium, can this possibily mean he MIGHT join them on stage?! :headbanger:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:46 pm

Jimbo2392 wrote:Wait a minute....Corpsegrinder will be with Cannibal Corpse since they're announced and he did vocals on Monstrosity
    s Imperial Doom & Millennium, can this possibily mean he MIGHT join them on stage?! :headbanger:

Ceremonial Void with Corpsegrinder on vocals would be amazing :deathhorns:
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:55 pm

A few more solid announcements there.
    I'm really hoping for one more high profile power or girlie act that isn't Sonata Arctica.
    Gamma Ray, ideally.

But seriously, 7 days to go and they're still confirming bands?
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:06 pm

I'm really hope for at least one fucking band off my list. With The Sirens playing Mexico a few days after the cruise and being on Dragon Productions it will be some serious bullshit if they aren't playing.
    70000 Tons 2019
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Okay, so there's a rumor saying that bands are still being asked to play... that doesn't mean it's 100% true. For all we know, maybe that , means that there are a few surprises but also a few slots to fill for perhaps many hopeful bands? Just attempting to stay positive. Some more USA bands won't bug me, but I am certain that there are still a variety of acts left who would love to get onbroad even at this stage. I hope Anvil are nice to their current bassist though... heard some nasty things over the years.... :shock:
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Pretty happy with ANVIL. This means we'll have the whole Edguy / Unisonic tour, riiiiight?

Also, for US bands, can we get Iced Earth / Demons & Wizards?
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Krys wrote:Okay, so there's a rumor saying that bands are still being asked to play... that doesn't mean it's 100% true. For all we know, maybe that , means that there are a few surprises but also a few slots to fill for perhaps many hopeful bands? Just attempting to stay positive. Some more USA bands won't bug me, but I am certain that there are still a variety of acts left who would love to get onbroad even at this stage. I hope Anvil are nice to their current bassist though... heard some nasty things over the years.... :shock:

Based on what I read on the last page, it sure sounds like they are still trying to find bands. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they're still missing 9 bands. Some of those slots are booked, I would hope.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:36 pm

So these 6 bands represent:

Speed/thrash, metalcore, thrash, thrash, melodeath/folk, death

Weenies are getting royally screwed.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:42 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So these 6 bands represent:

Speed/thrash, metalcore, thrash, thrash, melodeath/folk, death

Weenies are getting royally screwed.

Well I guess I'm trying them, these are all things I like.

FUCKING POWER METAL. If Sonata fell through, give us SOMETHING to replace them, at least.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:48 pm

The last five announcements must be amazing, or the 60-band concept won't live up to the hype. Speaking of hype, I've never understood people's fascination with Anvil, pre or post documentary.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:51 pm

Madkill wrote:The last five announcements must be amazing, or the 60-band concept won't live up to the hype. Speaking of hype, I've never understood people's fascination with Anvil, pre or post documentary.

Yeah I tend to agree.

While SLIGHTLY closer to the style of music I like, I have zero interest in them
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:54 pm

I expect ZERO "well known" bands from now on!!!

I am working my set list with bands announced months ago
    metal4ever
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:01 pm

Anvil has history! For us older than 40 , they were part of growing up.

Btw, I don't like them but I may attend a set for history sake!!!!
    metal4ever
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Madkill wrote:The last five announcements must be amazing, or the 60-band concept won't live up to the hype. Speaking of hype, I've never understood people's fascination with Anvil, pre or post documentary.

Yeah I tend to agree.

While SLIGHTLY closer to the style of music I like, I have zero interest in them

Nothing to do with hype for me as far as Anvil is concerned. Been a fan since I first discovered them after graduating high school in '84 and have always thought Lips was not only a great riff writer but had a very unique voice (if certainly not pretty haha). Always wondered how they'd be live as he has to execute those vocals and leads and intricate riffs all at once vs. the studio luxury of performing individual tracks independently. I enjoyed the documentary a lot as it showed a personal depth to a band unlike any we normally see in band docs and since it was a band I'd long appreciated, it was extra interesting to me.

I'm surprised to hear you say they're even close to the styles you enjoy Dallas as I'd have pegged them as an instant 0 setter for you based on the bands you prefer. Not as familiar with your tastes Madkill but, if you're into thrashy speedy metal, with a sense of humour and a penchant for the perverted, I suggest you check these clowns out if no one else you prefer is performing at the same time. When I finally got to see them live, it was entertaining as all hell. Tight, loud, heavy, fun and incredibly memorable.

As an added bonus, I've LONG felt that it would kick major ass to see them and Annihilator on the same bill. 2 Canadian shredders that just can't seem to stop grinning while on stage. Call it the Canadian Metal Grade Eh Tour!!

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:09 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:6 new bands...

So sorry man but this is becoming comical. You really need to try n' sell yer spot to an Anvil fan and just chalk this year up to bad timing.

I mean, I want everyone to be happy but I am quite enjoying the constant disappointment :lol: :twisted:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:17 pm

All right I've caught up on these new announcements, Anvil, Claim the Throne, Suborned, sign me up. No thanks on Gama Bomb, Monstrosity and Hate Colony, but I feel like 3/6 is pretty good. Up to 27 bands I'd catch a set of... might start getting tough from here.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Andy, if you need a band that should be easy to book... Why not Unleash The Archers... They'd easily win the Cripper Award, and I know they'd love to play
    Last edited by DrinkMoxie on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:27 pm

I will listen to all styles - I guess I'm just a bit selective when I get outside my 'zone' (hard rock and power metal and girlie bands).

anvil though, just not a fan lyrically or musically.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:33 pm

WOW. Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Unless of course Anvil were only just booked recently.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Dimma wrote:WOW. Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Unless of course Anvil were only just booked recently.

Offered a suite and a shitload of money at the last minute would be my guess.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

7 Days To Departure!

by Andy » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:36 pm

In exactly 7 days you and 2999 other Metalheads from around the World will be onbroad 70000tons OF METAL 2015, sailing with 60 Metal Bands on a 154,000ton Cruise Ship to JAMAICA!

Do you have your cabin booked yet? Don't miss your chance... book NOW!

1 week to 70000TONS OF METAL 2015, Round 5 of The Original! The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:36 pm

well, for me the lineup was killer from the first batch of announcements, no idea how I am going to catch everyone I want to see once, let alone 2 sets for many... I anticipate a lot of wife-over -the-shoulder running between sets for me. (and if she misbehaves I'll just drag her by the ankle).

:cheers:

a solid lineup is still no excuse for stupid ass late-in-the-game announcements Andy...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 7 Days To Departure!

by SaraMarie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:44 pm

I hope he's not holding onto these for so long out of embarrassment. What a "meh" last few announcements. I have to research almost all of these bands just to know if they're good or not. I was pleasantly surprised with Jungle Rot and Masacre, but... Band with the DevilDriver shirt doesn't look too promising, and I don't give a fuck about Anvil. Hopefully the thrash bands will turn out better than expected.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:53 pm

7 days to decide what rip off prices to fork out for the on shore activities.

$61 for a bobsled ride? Yeah right....

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Not going to lie, I think I may try and catch a Claim The Throne set. I can dig it.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Ok...what the hell.
    http://www.rainforestadventure.com/tickets/?catID=124
    Tickets are sky high at this place.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:17 pm

book now! coz making plans in advance for flights, visas and accommodation is for suckers.......
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • Ric Flair
    Wiper

by Ric Flair » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:38 pm

ANVIL!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Cardest wrote:Ok...what the hell.
    http://www.rainforestadventure.com/tickets/?catID=124
    Tickets are sky high at this place.

Stay near the boat and try to find some cheap drinks with me. I can't afford any of that shit :cheers:
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:08 pm

I'm the only one that likes all these bands? Well more room for me, I don't complain much about bands I don't like I just don't watch them, I don't have much in this world but I do have 700000 tons of metal every year and I thank everyone for that even the skipper, I cherish every moment on this ship as it was my last , I have had 2 friends that wanted to be on this boat from the start and they are both gone, so I leave ya with this....
    ( not every flower can show love but a rose can . Not every plant survives a thirst, but a cactus can. Not every retard can read, but look at you fucking cruisers go, my metal family! Today, you should take a moment and send an encouraging message to a fucked up friend, just as I have done. I don't care if you lick windows, or screw farm animals, like Weenie bands, unicorns, black metal, death metal or thrash, you hang in there cupcakes, because your fucking special to me and so is this cruise and your my friends.. Look at you smiling at your screen, you crayon eating metal heads...... Soooooooooon
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6