Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

Re: Ready To Get A Neck Injury In The Caribbean?

by Nocturnalbunny » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Will totally enjoy Whiplash!! Excellent!!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Down to 8 bands and some of the scouts have gone AWOL, ,disappeared or came back with bad news.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:06 pm

I have no idea. Will listen later, I guess.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

by Nocturnalbunny » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:10 pm

know the forum gets a bad rep, but on the whole I've really enjoyed the couple of months I've spent on here. There's been some hilarious conversations and I can tell that I want to have drinks with a lot of the people on here. Shoot the shit, talk metal, talk video games, talk all things nerdy... it'll be a good trip :heavydrink:

You are right, and I've read some fun stuff on this forum too. This will be my first time and many of my friends who have gone to this have told me that this is the best way to see a festival and nothing beats it, so I am really looking forward to it.

Always glad to talk metal, video games and all things nerdy as well!!
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Whiplash..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: 7 Days To Departure!

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:26 pm

Warphine wrote:It would be amazing if Sylosis got announced tonight or tomorrow. One because Sylosis is fucking incredible. Two because tomorrow is my birthday!

:boobs: :deathhorns: :givebeer: :belly: :smash: :headbanger:

Since we're doing birthday wishes, mine is Monday. Misery Index, please :dreams:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Touches down in Sydney, to another thrash band.

Maybe I'll touch down in my namesake city in the US to better news.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Having TROUBLE with Online Check-In?

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:00 pm

So that makes the last 19 ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Thrash, Speed/Thrash, Metalcore, Thrash, Thrash, Melodeath/Folk, Death, Doom, Black, Black, Death, Death, Prog, Alternative, Black, Traditional, Folk, Black, Thrash
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Are we doing birthday wishes? Mine's in August, can I wish for Sabaton in 2016?

I would like Sonata now. Or At the Gates. Or any power/melodeath you'd like to throw my way. SOMETHING.

All this thrash is ok by me though. I just want a little bit of everything, and we're light on both those and girlie bands.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:09 pm

.... well. at least I'll get two-setters from the bands I'm interested in, without too much conflicts. Fillers galore. Still hopeful for the last five.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:21 pm

Fuck yes Whiplash. Doesn't seem like there is many thrashers around here.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:21 pm

So no North American scouting parties where ever out but 4 of the last 8 bands have hailed from North America.Looking like the "calling out to fill the card "rumors could be true ,time will tell.
    Last edited by deathmetalpat on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:33 pm

What other bands that no one is looking for with nothing else to do are out there? That's the next announcement.

This still beats a lame ass regular cruise, at least there's that..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:07 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:While it's easy to grumble on here , or on the FaceBook groups--as soon as you that sea of black -- it becomes a good day!!

It's an amazing trip/event, in the end it's YOU PEOPLE that make it great! The bands that are booked are the most "fan friendly" types--=that's who they book-not arrogant a-holes. We have made very special friends from all over the world--and , in your future travels, chances are you will have a new friend to contact to hang out,go to festivals, etc.

So, I thank UMC and all the people that are doing to preparty events-- Donn ( Captain Metal) for the best get togethers, Dorothy(not sure if she's a forumite) for the Pirate Cruise, and Beach party--they don't HAVE to do these events, but they do because we're all awesome ;)

Have fun, relax,be social, look out for each other, have a drink, sit in the sun and enjoy THE best festival ...............in the world!.

Will miss you this year dude.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:16 am

Love thrash. Love Whiplash, allso part of my young metal years in mid to late 90s... :shred:
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:06 am

Meh. Next!
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:33 am

There is an old legend in Western Canada that states, on certain winter nights, if you listen really hard, you can hear Andy shitting on the hopes and dreams of 70,000 Tons weenie-fans all across the globe.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    2017#9531
    2018#9847
    2019#8113
    2020#8113
    2024#9483
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:44 am

This line up rules. Love whiplash ever since I heard power and pain in 86. And am stoked. I have loved tank since I first heard their " this means war " LP in 83. Anvil heard in 82. Venom in 82. Saw Michael schenker open for cheap trick in 81. I can't believe people are still complaining they are getting no bands they like. Metal wrath Peter tried debunking my the line up is great comment on my Facebook. He said: "no it is not and you know it". :lol: We're going to fucking Jaimaica. I started packing. Going on a metal cruise with 31 (so far) must sees :viking:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:50 am

Andy knows that thrash rules. But ween seems to sell tickets. If i wanna see unicorns and rainbows, i'll take drugs.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

Re: ORIGIN Onbroad The Original!

by Mr.Kito » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:28 am

Andy wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:
    Andy wrote:Please welcome ORIGIN onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! 12 down, 49 to go...

Is this a confirmation that there will be 61 bands? Or bad math?

Haha, nope, not an official confirmation, just me not getting enough sleep.

On the other hand, count the number of bands onbroad in previous years. That's all I'm saying.

:heavydrink:

I saw people asking about the chance we get more than 60 bands... here's the answer :beerwink:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:02 am

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:44 am

This line up rules. Love whiplash ever since I heard power and pain in 86. And am stoked. I have loved tank since I first heard their " this means war " LP in 83. Anvil heard in 82. Venom in 82. Saw Michael schenker open for cheap trick in 81. I can't believe people are still complaining they are getting no bands they like. Metal wrath Peter tried debunking my the line up is great comment on my Facebook. He said: "no it is not and you know it". :lol: We're going to fucking Jaimaica. I started packing. Going on a metal cruise with 31 (so far) must sees :viking:

Could not agree more...
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:07 am

I'm not a thrash fan, but there are some good thrash bands out there. This is not one of them.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:09 am

big perken wrote:Fuck yes Whiplash. Doesn't seem like there is many thrashers around here.

I'm into thrash. It's just that there's already a lot of thrash, I also like other genres, and there's not a lot of "young blood" in this line-up. I'm gonna have an awful lot to see and enjoy, so it doesn't matter much. I'm just not excited for these last announcements. Probably a bunch of others feel the same.

Tom Cruise wrote:Anvil heard in 82. Venom in 82. Saw Michael schenker open for cheap trick in 81. I can't believe people are still complaining they are getting no bands they like.

Dude, I hear you, but some of us were born in '82 (okay, me, I was) or otherwise not even alive yet. Venom is a legend that I can't miss seeing at least once, but we don't all have that experience of growing up with it.

Dimma wrote:Andy knows that thrash rules. But ween seems to sell tickets. If i wanna see unicorns and rainbows, i'll take drugs.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:11 am

Razor Ramon wrote:What other bands that no one is looking for with nothing else to do are out there? That's the next announcement.

This still beats a lame ass regular cruise, at least there's that..
    My thoughts, EXACTLY.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:20 am

Dimma wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:While it's easy to grumble on here , or on the FaceBook groups--as soon as you that sea of black -- it becomes a good day!!

It's an amazing trip/event, in the end it's YOU PEOPLE that make it great! The bands that are booked are the most "fan friendly" types--=that's who they book-not arrogant a-holes. We have made very special friends from all over the world--and , in your future travels, chances are you will have a new friend to contact to hang out,go to festivals, etc.

So, I thank UMC and all the people that are doing to preparty events-- Donn ( Captain Metal) for the best get togethers, Dorothy(not sure if she's a forumite) for the Pirate Cruise, and Beach party--they don't HAVE to do these events, but they do because we're all awesome ;)

Have fun, relax,be social, look out for each other, have a drink, sit in the sun and enjoy THE best festival ...............in the world!.

Will miss you this year dude.

Thanks Richard--you too! I'll raise one for you on Australia Day! Oi!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:28 am

Fuck yes been really wanting to see Gamma Bomb. Citizen Brain is awesome.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:52 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:This line up rules. Love whiplash ever since I heard power and pain in 86. And am stoked. I have loved tank since I first heard their " this means war " LP in 83. Anvil heard in 82. Venom in 82. Saw Michael schenker open for cheap trick in 81. I can't believe people are still complaining they are getting no bands they like. Metal wrath Peter tried debunking my the line up is great comment on my Facebook. He said: "no it is not and you know it". :lol: We're going to fucking Jaimaica. I started packing. Going on a metal cruise with 31 (so far) must sees :viking:

Well, I think we are all aware it's a pretty decent line up. However it does tend to leave some of the spectrum neglected. If you pay attention, most of the complaints now come from people demanding Power, Symphonic, or Girly. Since you are probably not interested in those you just don't see what they're complaining about, but imagine if this was an 80% weenie bands cruise, how would that make you feel?
    I don't know if Andy just loves torturing weenie fans and is holding out those announcements for last. For his persona it would probably make sense, but I really doubt the bands would aprove being use in that manner, so I'm not even sure if that's the case, or he just didn't really focus on booking for the weens (I'm a half-ween btw.)
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:07 am

If it was 80% ween it wouldn't really be a metal cruise now would it?

That's why they have Shiprocked and Disney cruises! ;)
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:10 am

So on the Whiplash website is says Nuclear Assault is playing? YES!!!!!!!!!!!

2015 SHOWS
    70000 Tons of Metal

with: Destruction, Artillery,

Trouble, Anvil,

Nuclear Assault, Napalm Death
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:14 am

Dimma wrote:If it was 80% ween it wouldn't really be a metal cruise now would it?

That's why they have Shiprocked and Disney cruises! ;)

So you actually want this to turn into a "this is not real metal" kinda topic?
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:22 am

Lighten up.

Enjoy the boat first timer. It will blow your mind.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:27 am

I'm not worried, I love the lineup so far, 7 wishlist bands, a lot of bands I wasn't expecting but were good surprises, a few I've never heard of before but will definitely give a listen to, and only a couple I couldn't care less for. Having said that, I hope there's some Power Metal coming on the next announcements.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:30 am

If I were Andy and wanted to be petty, I'd save all the announcements from Razor Ramon's wishlist till the day we sail.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:39 am

acidbasement wrote:If I were Andy and wanted to be petty, I'd save all the announcements from Razor Ramon's wishlist till the day we sail.

Seriously, if he had Nightwish the boat would have sold out months ago.

They're not my bag, but i have seen them live a couple of times and it was entertaining enough.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:06 am

Speaking of thrash... Solstice are actively trying to get onbroad... That'd be pretty rad!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:08 am

erik13 wrote:So on the Whiplash website is says Nuclear Assault is playing? YES!!!!!!!!!!!

2015 SHOWS
    70000 Tons of Metal

with: Destruction, Artillery,

Trouble, Anvil,

Nuclear Assault, Napalm Death

Nuclear Assault would be an awesome add. :beerhorns: :cheers: :givebeer:
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:10 am

big perken wrote:Fuck yes Whiplash. Doesn't seem like there is many thrashers around here.

Trash :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:12 am

SaraMarie wrote:I'm into thrash. It's just that there's already a lot of thrash, I also like other genres, and there's not a lot of "young blood" in this line-up. I'm gonna have an awful lot to see and enjoy, so it doesn't matter much. I'm just not excited for these last announcements. Probably a bunch of others feel the same.

Dude, I hear you, but some of us were born in '82 (okay, me, I was) or otherwise not even alive yet. Venom is a legend that I can't miss seeing at least once, but we don't all have that experience of growing up with it.

Yeah. I think you hit it on the head. Seems Andy's really catering to us old folks with this lineup. Not that there are zero old weenies but it does tend to be more of a younger Metalhead's sub genre overall while the metal graybeards tend towards classic, thrash and death (lots of exceptions of course).

Case in point, if Nuclear Assault ARE booked, I will once again lose my proverbial shit while many of those here in their 20's will be, simply, 'meh'
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:13 am

Can't believe I may get yet ANOTHER wish list band so late in the game :shock:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:13 am

Ok and one more trash from Finland. Lost Society
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • Post Reply 3600 posts