Post Reply 3600 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Survivor Feedback Survey

by cowboy71 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:17 pm

LOL.

Dunno about you, but in the top 60 most requested bands so far in the 2016 wishlist thread, there are over 15 bands that are wishlist bands of mine!!

SO its not like my wishes are fucking obscure or anything. It defies logic how out of 60 bands on this year's lineup I didn't get a single true 'bucketlist' band :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote:LOL.

Dunno about you, but in the top 60 most requested bands so far in the 2016 wishlist thread, there are over 15 bands that are wishlist bands of mine!!

SO its not like my wishes are fucking obscure or anything. It defies logic how out of 60 bands on this year's lineup I didn't get a single true 'bucketlist' band :P

Sabaton and Scar Symmetry are up there, and the facebook group has included Chthonic and Metsatoll. Those are the ones that would make me happiest, and that's good enough for me.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:38 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:
    mikijonas wrote:Give me the Oasis with 100 bands!

:headbanger:

And probably still no bands off Razor's wishlist. :|

lol :party:

Give me Nuclear Assault's final performance and I will be happy :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:54 am

mikijonas wrote:I cannot imagine how 40 bands would be better than 60. Clashes? So be it.

Jeez, thanks, I thought I was the only one who thought that way. Bring 200 bands. I will always be watching something great. I don't understand why people focus more on what they cannot see because of overlappings rather than on the fact that more bands means more options.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:15 am

Damn, what's the secret to have a looong signature? Now I have this:

Wishlist:
    Insomnium--Avantasia--Omnium.Gatherum--Mercenary--Kalmah--Equilibrium--Accept--Sabaton--Dragonforce--Volbeat--In.Mourning--Powerwolf--Wintersun--Scar.Symmetry--Stratovarius--Ghost.Brigade--Be'lakor--Shadow.Gallery--Teramaze--Dream.Theater--Testament--Symphony.X--Haken--Words.Of.Farewell--Wovenwar--Voyager--Shade.Empire--Gamma.Ray--Mors.Principium.Est--Dimmu.Borgir--Devin.Townsend.Project--Seventh.Wonder--Pathfinder

And funny enough, when I try to delete Equilibrium, or the color from Symphony X, I get the too-long-error. Any clues? Thanks!
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:22 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    mikijonas wrote:I cannot imagine how 40 bands would be better than 60. Clashes? So be it.

Jeez, thanks, I thought I was the only one who thought that way. Bring 200 bands. I will always be watching something great. I don't understand why people focus more on what they cannot see because of overlappings rather than on the fact that more bands means more options.

I understand both sides. And honestly, i don't know which side i would pick
    The big problem is: most people want to hug more than the lenght of their arms, and 60 bands don't allow to see some bands that they would like to see.

Specially if the running order changes... damn you amorphis/arch enemy/annihilator gap :cry:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:31 am

45 / 50 bands are more then enough....i preferred the majesty plannings with 40 bands and better organisation

:belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Yeah with more bands I don't really see any downfalls. You can either watch more bands or choose to not watch some bands for the sake of socializing. If there were less bands you don't even get the choice to watch more bands than "normal". There were a few bands this year I skipped because I was having too much fun somewhere else, I really don't see how there being more bands is the issue. Also, if you're a picky type of metalhead (no issue with that) it's more likely that you'll have bands you like.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:37 pm

Yeah, lets hope for only 2 bands next year so people can sit around with their friends more.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:57 pm

If the additional bands are just going to be 'filler' then I would prefer quality over quantity definitely.

This year I had 0/60 'ten out of ten' bands, last year I had 7/40.

So yeah for me its not so much the number, more about the quality and even spread of genres which for me was lacking this year.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Slayer13
    Oiler

by Slayer13 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:54 pm

Overall, I'm good with 60 bands. The problem I had was not the number of bands but the number that I wanted to see. I did make it to 20 shows with no repeats and that worked out fine as the other 5 or so that I wanted to see are bands I have seen before.
    70K 2014 - Survivor - Deck 4
    70K 2015 - Survivor - Deck 8
    70K 2016 - Survivor - Deck 7
    70K 2018 - Survivor - Deck 8

Wishlist for 2019 (work in progress): Abbath, Arkona, Avantasia, Brainstorm, Flotsam & Jetsam, Savatage, Voyager.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:37 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Damn, what's the secret to have a looong signature?

Yeah, I'd like to know this, too.
    I need to update mine for 2016, and I've never quite gotten the hang of putting in a long signature. I know that it had to be without spaces (or something like that), but my attempts last year always failed.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Pellaz wrote:

I need to update mine for 2016, and I've never quite gotten the hang of putting in a long signature. I know that it had to be without spaces (or something like that), but my attempts last year always failed.

Just copy one from someone else and change the bands.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:10 am

Pellaz wrote:

It's a tricky thing, especially if you want to add newlines, but it's all a matter of playing with tags. Generally whatever you put between tags won't be considered in the character count. Give it a try and start putting all your signature without newlines between colour tags. From that point on, keep investigating :)

Here's what my signature looks like, in case it helps (parentheses must be replaced by the appropriate brackets).

(color=#FFFFBF)(b)Shit-on-my-pants-Wishlist:
    (/b)(/color)(color=#FFFFBF)Accept--Avantasia--Children.Of.Bodom--Ghost.Brigade--Insomnium--Omnium.Gatherum--Sabaton--Scar.Symmetry--Symphony.X--Voyager

(/color)(color=#FFFFBF)(b)Rest of the Wishlist:
    [/b)(/color)(color=#FFFFBF)Angra--Be'lakor--Bloodshot.Dawn--Death.Angel--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Dream.Theater--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Gotthard--Haken--In.Mourning--Kalmah--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Lacuna.Coil--Mercenary--Mors.Principium.Est--Pathfinder--Powerwolf--Stratovarius--Seventh.Wonder--Shadow.Gallery--Teramaze--Soilwork--Symphony.X--Shade.Empire--Testament--Twilight.Force--Words.Of.Farewell--Wovenwar--(/color)

(color=#00FFFF)(b)2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: ???(/b)(/color)
    Wishlist:

Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:58 am

2 days without new posts? can't remember last time this thread was so crowded :lol:

kinda like the announcements, right? :lol: :lol:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:18 am

Survey submitted.
    This time around I did have more complains than before because after being to all six I have something to compare to :beerwink:
    Having said that, seeing all of my extended family once again was totally worth it and, overall, it was another successful trip.

I stay away from plain bitching, so I provided what I feel is constructive criticism.
    W/o going into details here were my major points given to UMC:

1. Pool deck stage,
    2. Karaoke setup,
    3. 60 bands (need less, not more) Speaking of more need more genres, too!
    4. No booze deals (beer buckets, etc.)
    5. Food: worse than the Majesty's, total bummer
    6. Smoking: casino in the middle of the boat was an odd choice,
    7. Merch store: *sign*

Like Dallas I'm hopeful that my points would be taken into consideration so the next cruise in '016 is more enjoyable than the last one.

Cheers! :3drunks:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Re: A Big Thank You To All Survivors For The Feedback!

by Andy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:45 pm

The Survivor Feedback Survey is now closed. A big Thank You to everyone that took the time to participate! I truly appreciate your feedback as it allows us to make 70000TONS OF METAL even better in the future.

My team and I will be reviewing all your input over the next weeks as we prepare for 70000TONS OF METAL 2016, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise.

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Word up, skip. Don't forget to book Draconian for me :beerwink:
    70000 Tons 2019
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:06 pm

LOL yeah - and Magnum and/or Within Temptation would confirm my attendance.

Forgot to mention about the alcohol packages! Yeah unlikely we'll ever see them as they get so much out of us through alcohol sales, but damn it would be a massive nod of appreciation towards us if they did see fit to offer them to us.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:30 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Word up, skip. Don't forget to book Draconian for me :beerwink:

+ 1 and Saturnus!
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:15 am

Lately, this forum:

Andy, give us something to talk about :D

Sam, what happened with the Alestorm interview and the cocktail thingie?
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:07 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Lately, this forum:

Yeah... Trying to stave off the PCD is harder when you keep posting on the ghost town forums xD

It would be nice to get an official date and place announcement, at least.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:17 pm

At least there has been a bit of activity on the website.

They've recently added links to press coverage of 2015:

http://70000tons.com/history/press-features-2015/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:51 am

bodomdragon wrote:Lately, this forum:

In fairness, that looks like an awesome place to film a band's video or something. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:33 am

It looks like the reverse view from Carnal Forge's "Testify for my Victims" album cover.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:02 am

*crickets
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:28 am

70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:57 am

Madkill wrote:It looks like the reverse view from Carnal Forge's "Testify for my Victims" album cover.

it does
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:55 am

Enjoy while it lasts, it won't be long before you all start complaining about the lack of announcements :P
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:03 am

NuuX wrote:Enjoy while it lasts, it won't be long before you all start complaining about the lack of announcements :P

We should be seeing a band announcement every 5.82 days by now, he's just an irresponsible troll that doesn't care about his audience :bitch:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:47 am

Phoenix wrote:
    NuuX wrote:Enjoy while it lasts, it won't be long before you all start complaining about the lack of announcements :P

We should be seeing a band announcement every 5.82 days by now, he's just an irresponsible troll that doesn't care about his audience :bitch:

Nice warm up :beerwink:

In a few weeks most of us are going to be like this anyway :lol:
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 am

I just came across THIS; a review from someone who took the cruise after us. Apparently they weren't satisfied with the lack of waiter service neither. ;)

It seemed as though the service staff was understaffed. We have become used to bar staff coming by regularly on the pool deck during as sea days; however, it was scarce on this cruise. We are fine with getting up and going to get stuff ourselves but when you have become spoiled with that service it is disappointing when not present.
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:36 pm

THIS...

cowboy71 wrote:If the additional bands are just going to be 'filler' then I would prefer quality over quantity definitely.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:37 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:I just came across THIS; a review from someone who took the cruise after us. Apparently they weren't satisfied with the lack of waiter service neither. ;)

They also complain about announcements, must be a RCCL thing :-)
    RCCL has changed their policy on announcements and they do not make any ship board announcements about things happening around the ship (as limited as it was). We think this is a bad policy change and RCCL should return to announcing the various things that are going on.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:54 am

Godflesh wrote:
    D.T. Metal wrote:I just came across THIS; a review from someone who took the cruise after us. Apparently they weren't satisfied with the lack of waiter service neither. ;)

They also complain about announcements, must be a RCCL thing :-)
    RCCL has changed their policy on announcements and they do not make any ship board announcements about things happening around the ship (as limited as it was). We think this is a bad policy change and RCCL should return to announcing the various things that are going on.

They should be careful what they wish for. I was on a Carnival cruise once where the announcements from the Cruise Director were frequent enough that we got annoyed by them by the second day...and this was a 7-day cruise. They were incessant...pretty much an hourly thing. "Buy a shore excursion!" "Spend some money in the spa!" "Make your reservations at the steakhouse Right Now!"

Blech.
    2025 Wishlist:
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:02 am

Here is part 2 of our video review of the cruise. It's still in that dead French language, but you don't need to know French to watch the images! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPBQYot-P7Q

And here is part 1 again, in case you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJQYHd_-Fs8
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:08 am

AmelieM wrote:Here is part 2 of our video review of the cruise. It's still in that dead French language, but you don't need to know French to watch the images! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPBQYot-P7Q

And here is part 1 again, in case you missed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJQYHd_-Fs8

Awesome vids Amelie!
    There I am at Primal Fear drinking WATER!! damn! I have a reputation to uphold here

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

Re: The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread

by AmelieM » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Wasn't it vodka in a bottle of water? ;)
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

Re: The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread

by Jaimie38 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:28 pm

AmelieM wrote:Wasn't it vodka in a bottle of water? ;)

I like the way you think!

:headbanger:
    :beerwink:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by jeyrow » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:01 am

cowboy71 wrote: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:18 pm Interesting statistics.

Percentage of lineup known, with 16 days to go:

2011 - 92.85%
    2012 - 83.33%
    2013 - 82.92%
    2014 - 70.73%
    2015 - 62.29%

I think, that is what you call a trend.
    hey @cowboy71, Can you make some new statistics about the bands that have announced today versus those of previous years?
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
  • Post Reply 3600 posts