Post Reply 3638 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

Re: 7 Days To Departure!

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:28 am

While it's easy to grumble on here , or on the FaceBook groups--as soon as you that sea of black -- it becomes a good day!!

It's an amazing trip/event, in the end it's YOU PEOPLE that make it great! The bands that are booked are the most "fan friendly" types--=that's who they book-not arrogant a-holes. We have made very special friends from all over the world--and , in your future travels, chances are you will have a new friend to contact to hang out,go to festivals, etc.

So, I thank UMC and all the people that are doing to preparty events-- Donn ( Captain Metal) for the best get togethers, Dorothy(not sure if she's a forumite) for the Pirate Cruise, and Beach party--they don't HAVE to do these events, but they do because we're all awesome ;)

Have fun, relax,be social, look out for each other, have a drink, sit in the sun and enjoy THE best festival ...............in the world!.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:51 am

Perhaps Abysmal Dawn and Wolvhammer are incoming?

http://www.theprp.com/2015/01/15/news/m ... r-us-tour/
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:24 am

soundcurve wrote:Perhaps Abysmal Dawn and Wolvhammer are incoming?

I'd love to see Abysmal Dawn, so, no, they're out. :lol: :cry: :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:34 am

Wolvhammer? I love Wolvhammer. Saw them this fall but could see them again.

I spent some time this morning listening to Gama Bomb and now know I at least like that band.

Meanwhile, one of my favorite things ever, Devin Townsend Project, just got announced yesterday for a festival I'm unsure of being able to attend. Would've loved that on the ship.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:48 pm

Hell yes, Anvil!! :headbanger: :headbanger: Another wishlist band!. I will also be checking out Monstrosity.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:06 pm

Leaving for the airport in 90 minutes.

Is it tooooooo much to ask Skipper, to have one of the bands from my signature added before I leave?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:12 pm

It seems too much ! Have a good trip though !!! I'll fly on monday.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Leaving for the airport in 90 minutes.

Is it tooooooo much to ask Skipper, to have one of the bands from my signature added before I leave?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

He will wait until you are in the air before announcing one of your wishlist bands.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:13 pm

Suborned has a song on YouTube with Schmier doing guest vocals. Be cool to see him join them on stage.
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:13 pm

Sgt. B wrote:He will wait until you are in the air before announcing one of your wishlist bands.
    LOL !
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:17 pm

ANVIL!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:46 pm

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

I second this. I like your wishlist.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
  • gnoff_the_creep
    Lieutenant

by gnoff_the_creep » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:30 pm

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

Safe flights and a great trip!!
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:36 pm

It would be amazing if Sylosis got announced tonight or tomorrow. One because Sylosis is fucking incredible. Two because tomorrow is my birthday!

:boobs: :deathhorns: :givebeer: :belly: :smash: :headbanger:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:43 pm

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

Sorry man but you know the drill,we are at the 15% ,of line-up left ,leftover/dollar bin section of announcements.We get them at the 3 days to sail point now,this based on announcements getting closer to cruise date every year.On the plus side,very unlikely you didn't bring any stuff to sign that you left home because they where not announced yet.Wait that might be a bad thing because you won't see those bands.
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:03 pm

Nocturnalbunny wrote:Is it wrong of me to still dream that Hell will be announced.
    It would be a great announcement: 70000 tons of Metal will take you AT THE GATES of Hell.

Ok I can dream can't I?

Either way, I'm happy with the announcements. I know I'll have an excellent time, and I hope the bad energy from the forum
    doesn't make it's way to the boat.

I really hope they get announced.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:36 pm

Warphine wrote:It would be amazing if Sylosis got announced tonight or tomorrow. One because Sylosis is fucking incredible. Two because tomorrow is my birthday!

So,lets save that for your Birthday
    anyways, Happy Birthday My Metal Brother
    sorry, kinda drunk :stagger: Prepairing for our trip :heavydrink: :3drunks: :chug: :belly: :smash: :shots:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Leaving for the airport in two hours. Here's hoping for some spectacular announcements. Specifically, Gamma Ray and/or Helloween and/or Unisonic and/or Edguy and/or Avantasia and/or Hell. :D
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:01 pm

NuuX wrote:Leaving for the airport in two hours. Here's hoping for some spectacular announcements. Specifically, Gamma Ray and/or Helloween and/or Unisonic and/or Edguy and/or Avantasia and/or Hell. :D

YES. I've been mostly hoping that Avantasia is the big surprise, because it could mean they come with some other awesome power acts, like Kiske and Kai Hansen. And then we basically have Unisonic.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Ready To Get A Neck Injury In The Caribbean?

by Andy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Headbangers from around the world: Are you ready to get WHIPLASH on your way to Jamaica and back? Where else would a neck injury feel sweeter than on 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise?

ironhorse
    Petty Officer

Re: Ready To Get A Neck Injury In The Caribbean?

by ironhorse » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Hells yeah I`ll take it! Thanks skip
    :shred: :shred: :shred:
    Revenge is a meal best served cold

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:45 pm

Awesome add!!

"Ship has set sail, sea will prevail
    Swallow the slaughter, drink the salt water
    Pawn of the power, sea will devour
    Infinite day, awaiting the hour Walk The Plaaaank! Walk The Plaaank!"

:headbanger:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:48 pm

Every time there's a new announcement, I'm so pumped that there's been nothing to make me regret not booking =P

Glad people are happy about this one. Caught part of a set in 2012(?) and they were atrociously bad, but I guess it's not really my type of music.

I'm still going to be living vicariously through everyone. I want to see tons of photos.
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

by Nocturnalbunny » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:52 pm

Will totally enjoy Whiplash!! Excellent!!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:03 pm

Down to 8 bands and some of the scouts have gone AWOL, ,disappeared or came back with bad news.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:06 pm

I have no idea. Will listen later, I guess.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

by Nocturnalbunny » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:10 pm

know the forum gets a bad rep, but on the whole I've really enjoyed the couple of months I've spent on here. There's been some hilarious conversations and I can tell that I want to have drinks with a lot of the people on here. Shoot the shit, talk metal, talk video games, talk all things nerdy... it'll be a good trip :heavydrink:

You are right, and I've read some fun stuff on this forum too. This will be my first time and many of my friends who have gone to this have told me that this is the best way to see a festival and nothing beats it, so I am really looking forward to it.

Always glad to talk metal, video games and all things nerdy as well!!
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Whiplash..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:26 pm

Warphine wrote:It would be amazing if Sylosis got announced tonight or tomorrow. One because Sylosis is fucking incredible. Two because tomorrow is my birthday!

Since we're doing birthday wishes, mine is Monday. Misery Index, please :dreams:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Touches down in Sydney, to another thrash band.

Maybe I'll touch down in my namesake city in the US to better news.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Having TROUBLE with Online Check-In?

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:00 pm

So that makes the last 19 ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Thrash, Speed/Thrash, Metalcore, Thrash, Thrash, Melodeath/Folk, Death, Doom, Black, Black, Death, Death, Prog, Alternative, Black, Traditional, Folk, Black, Thrash
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Are we doing birthday wishes? Mine's in August, can I wish for Sabaton in 2016?

I would like Sonata now. Or At the Gates. Or any power/melodeath you'd like to throw my way. SOMETHING.

All this thrash is ok by me though. I just want a little bit of everything, and we're light on both those and girlie bands.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:09 pm

.... well. at least I'll get two-setters from the bands I'm interested in, without too much conflicts. Fillers galore. Still hopeful for the last five.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:21 pm

Fuck yes Whiplash. Doesn't seem like there is many thrashers around here.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:21 pm

So no North American scouting parties where ever out but 4 of the last 8 bands have hailed from North America.Looking like the "calling out to fill the card "rumors could be true ,time will tell.
    Last edited by deathmetalpat on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:33 pm

What other bands that no one is looking for with nothing else to do are out there? That's the next announcement.

This still beats a lame ass regular cruise, at least there's that..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:07 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:While it's easy to grumble on here , or on the FaceBook groups--as soon as you that sea of black -- it becomes a good day!!

It's an amazing trip/event, in the end it's YOU PEOPLE that make it great! The bands that are booked are the most "fan friendly" types--=that's who they book-not arrogant a-holes. We have made very special friends from all over the world--and , in your future travels, chances are you will have a new friend to contact to hang out,go to festivals, etc.

So, I thank UMC and all the people that are doing to preparty events-- Donn ( Captain Metal) for the best get togethers, Dorothy(not sure if she's a forumite) for the Pirate Cruise, and Beach party--they don't HAVE to do these events, but they do because we're all awesome ;)

Have fun, relax,be social, look out for each other, have a drink, sit in the sun and enjoy THE best festival ...............in the world!.

Will miss you this year dude.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:16 am

Love thrash. Love Whiplash, allso part of my young metal years in mid to late 90s... :shred:
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:06 am

Meh. Next!
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:33 am

There is an old legend in Western Canada that states, on certain winter nights, if you listen really hard, you can hear Andy shitting on the hopes and dreams of 70,000 Tons weenie-fans all across the globe.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
  • Post Reply 3638 posts