Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Are You Ready To Let Your SOULFLY?

by Jotunheimr » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Andy wrote:Are you ready for 70000TONS OF METAL 2015? Enjoy the ride and let your SOULFLY all the way to Jamaica and back onbroad The World's Biggest Heavy MetalCruise: 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original!

Meh.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    ironhorse
    Petty Officer

by ironhorse » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Horns way up!! Haven't seen these guys in over 10 years
    Revenge is a meal best served cold

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:
    Andy wrote:Are you ready for 70000TONS OF METAL 2015? Enjoy the ride and let your SOULFLY all the way to Jamaica and back onbroad The World's Biggest Heavy MetalCruise: 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original!

Meh.

Yep.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Demons_&_Wizards--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Gloryhammer--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Iced_Earth--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:32 pm

I take soulfly with great pleasure !!
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Man there is one hell of a lot of loud distorted guitars sailing the Caribbean this winter!!

Minimum one setter for sure. Nice add! Keep 'em comin' Ando!

:shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:45 pm

Soulfly? Really?
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:46 pm

terrible
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Well Andy certainly seems intent on having nu-metal on the cruise.
    Can't see many people being excited about watching Max play air guitar on stage while holding a real guitar in his hands during his sets :lol:
  • mushoomhead666
    Oiler

by mushoomhead666 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:53 pm

I am actually stoked to see SOULFLY, hope there is more like this soon :shred:
    2015 CABIN 6563
    2016 CABIN 7629
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Metalwrath wrote:... Max play air guitar on stage while holding a real guitar in his hands during his sets :lol:

Wait. What?

I've never seen them but had always heard they put on a great show and played some old Sepultura that were big crowd pleasers.

Are you saying Max's guitar parts are pre-recorded Peter? :shock:

Lordmarioh
    Oiler

by Lordmarioh » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:00 pm

I'm still hoping for some weenie... :ugeek:
    ironhorse
    Petty Officer

by ironhorse » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Andy is heading in the right direction. Soulfly will be terrific. I think Bolt Thrower and Hypocrisy would make my scheduling insane. Just add bands like Exodus, ATG, and Hate And Vader, and a few of the collaboration bands like Conquering Dystopia, Panzer, and I may not sleep barely at all. I bet Max will be a great add the Jamming with Waters
    Revenge is a meal best served cold

BOLT THROWER FOR 2015
    renato
    Wiper

by renato » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:55 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:... Max play air guitar on stage while holding a real guitar in his hands during his sets :lol:

Wait. What?

I've never seen them but had always heard they put on a great show and played some old Sepultura that were big crowd pleasers.

Are you saying Max's guitar parts are pre-recorded Peter? :shock:

I think there are almost no "Max's guitar parts", most of the time he just holds the guitar and doesn't play it. :lol:
    But ok, I'm still excited to see Soulfly :D
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:02 pm

Psyched for this one! Glad Dread Pirate will get to see them!!!!!

Great announcement!
    KeepTheDogsAway
    Oiler

by KeepTheDogsAway » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Lordmarioh wrote:I'm still hoping for some weenie... :ugeek:

What exactly is "Weenie"?
    ACCEPT-/-ARMORED-SAINT-/-AVATAR-/-BROKEN-TEETH-/-CORROSION-OF-CONFORMITY-/-DILLINGER-ESCAPE-PLAN-/-DOWN-/-DRI-/-FASTWAY-/-GHOST-/-GOJIRA-/-GRAVEYARD-/-HATEBREED-/-HIGH-ON-FIRE-/-IN-FLAMES-/-JORN-/-KADAVAR-/-KATATONIA-/-KILLER-BE-KILLED-/-KILLSWITCH-ENGAGE-/-KINGS-X-/-KROKUS-/-KVELERTAK-/-KYNG-/-LIKE-OF-AGONY-/-LUCIFER-/-MACHINE-HEAD-/-MASTODON-/-MOONSPELL-/-MONSTER-MAGNET-/-NIGHT-FLIGHT-ORCHESTRA-/-ORANGE-GOBLIN-/-OVERKILL-/-PRONG-/-SAXON-/-SILVERTOMB-/-SLO-BURN-/-SOILWORK-/-SOULFLY-/-SUICIDAL-TENDENCIES-/-THE-HAUNTED-/-THE-SWORD-/-TRIVIUM-/-UFO-/-VOLBEAT-/-WASP-/-WITCHKILLER
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:24 pm

That's what she said!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:30 pm

LOL! He actually announces the band everyone was just having a discussion about hating. Nice, payback from Andy.. besides the -taking forever to announce bands. :givebeer:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Not really a fan but I'm keen to see Soulfly play some old Sepultura!!
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    Jöhn&Melönius
    Crewman

by Jöhn&Melönius » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:38 pm

What I want to hear above all else is Max sing Exodus by Bob Marley on a trip to Jamaica.
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:51 pm

TearsAreFalling wrote:

Anything that's not TRVE KVLT BRVTAL.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:13 pm

It is like he is slowly ripping off a blood soaked bandage for some people,yikes.At least these last few band announcements involved spending some money ,if that gives people any hope.
    Last edited by deathmetalpat on Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Speedy wrote:
    TearsAreFalling wrote:

Anything that's not TRVE KVLT BRVTAL.

No. That will just confuse him as it suggests, for instance, that Priest/Maiden/Scorps, someone like Michael Schenker or Uli or even prog, folk or other sub genres are weenie.

From my understanding and what I've learned here, weenie metal is most bands that lean towards higher pitched, clean vocals with fantasy based lyrical content and usually including keyboards and a more symphonic, and epic feel to their songs.

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:18 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:It is like he is slowly ripping off a blood soaked bandage for some people,yikes.At least these last few band announcements involved spending some money ,if that gives people any hope.

I'm just enjoying how very UN-filler like so many if these late announcements have been despite ppl saying 15 bands out that the rest would be unknown Floridian bands :lol:

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Very filler to me, the last band announced that I'll even try to see is Melechesh.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:34 pm

*cries* :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Having TROUBLE with Online Check-In?

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:40 pm

This is getting so ridiculous I've gone from hopeful and thinking "there's got to be something power/girlie soon" to "you've got to be kidding me" to "this is so stupid its now hilarious".

The last 20 announcements:

Nu-Metal, Thrash, Speed/Thrash, Metalcore, Thrash, Thrash, Melodeath/Folk, Death, Doom, Black, Black, Death, Death, Prog, Alternative, Black, Traditional, Folk, Black, Thrash
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:42 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:It is like he is slowly ripping off a blood soaked bandage for some people,yikes.At least these last few band announcements involved spending some money ,if that gives people any hope.

I'm just enjoying how very UN-filler like so many if these late announcements have been despite ppl saying 15 bands out that the rest would be unknown Floridian bands :lol:

I surprised by the lack of repeats also, that would have been my guess.I not sure if anybody buys tickets now but people who live near the cruise or could drive.I think some of these bands joining are doing the cruise now because so many of their similar types are doing it.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:42 pm

Sweet! I got sick last time they came to town and had to miss it, figured it wasn't gonna be a big deal, but a buddy of mine was saying to me a few weeks ago how they're actually really good live.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:47 pm

Jöhn&Melönius wrote:What I want to hear above all else is Max sing Exodus by Bob Marley on a trip to Jamaica.

Yup.

Awesome announcement right here. So looking forward to this one!!!!
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:48 pm

I saw them many years ago in Australia (if I remember correctly they were part of the Australian leg of Mustaine's Gigantour).

They actually were not that bad live - just not a band I'm a fan of.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:57 pm

I really enjoy them live.
    Did not really think Max would do something like this.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    soundcurve
    Chief Petty Officer

by soundcurve » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Not my thing but it would be killer to hear them play some old Sepultura songs. Hell, even a track or two off their black metal album followed by "Jumpduhfuckup". :lol:

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Ready To Get A Neck Injury In The Caribbean?

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:06 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:So no North American scouting parties where ever out but 4 of the last 8 bands have hailed from North America.Looking like the "calling out to fill the card "rumors could be true ,time will tell.
    So now it is 5 of the last 9, with only Anvil not form United States of America.Also Thy Antichirst is from Texas now (as noted on here) so that makes it 6 out of 11.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:22 pm

What is with all this THRASH.

Though there are a lot of decent bands coming out these days! I'll check out Whiplash and I just listened to some Soulfly and I like them a lot. I REALLY have to agree with Dallas though. I like balance, and there's been a LOT of heavy shit. Am I complaining? Not really, THRASH TILL DEATH as they say, but I like power metal as well, and girlie metal will make people happy.

And no, no I would not really call Grave Digger pure power metal. Whatever they are they're very good though :shred:

Also I only have two more days of work and them I'm off to the airport, cannot wait to meet everyone! See most of you at the beach party, will try to say hi if I stop a fellow forumite :heavydrink:
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:This is getting so ridiculous I've gone from hopeful and thinking "there's got to be something power/girlie soon" to "you've got to be kidding me" to "this is so stupid its now hilarious".

Nu-Metal, Thrash, Speed/Thrash, Metalcore, Thrash, Thrash, Melodeath/Folk, Death, Doom, Black, Black, Death, Death, Prog, Alternative, Black, Traditional, Folk, Black, Thrash

Yeah... The only thing worse than this for me is the infuriating "4 Days Left" non-announcements.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:47 pm

Though i'm giggling at Dallas, coz that's just what friends down here do, i do feel a bit sorry for him and the weenies.

I love my thrash, but i also like a balance. 2013 Line-up had something for everyone.

Happy weenies mean a happy boat.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote:This is getting so ridiculous I've gone from hopeful and thinking "there's got to be something power/girlie soon" to "you've got to be kidding me" to "this is so stupid its now hilarious".

i am sorry you are so disappointed. someone from way across the world and paid a lot of money.... hope you get a band you like. i am sure your pretty let down Dallas :/
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:46 pm

Meh. Next!
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:42 am

Definitely not the right cruise for weenie fans this year.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:56 am

bodomdragon wrote:Definitely not the right cruise for weenie fans this year.

What time are you plan arriving to the port? Lets meet up to get inside same time, to head to the bball court and meet up with the other forum peeps.
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
Post Reply 3601 posts