Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 300 Days To Departure!

by Azazel101 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:04 am

It is my birthday weekend.
    Last year I got Carcass
    I am hoping for anything besides silence this year.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:59 am

it will all work out in the end :viking:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:40 am

NuuX wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:If I go next year, I will once again have the time of my life but for me the build up to the cruise has pretty much lost all its 'fun'. I'm not sure which is worse - the complete silence we had last year, or the lame-ass non-announcements we've been getting on facebook this year :P

At least you facebookers get something.

Dude... I'm ON facebook and I don't get anything. Maybe I have to actually GO to the related page for these nonupdateannouncementnonannouncement things but I get more spam from individuals promoting their plans, hopes or dreams than I do from anything actually coming out of UMC. What are these non-announcments you ppl speak of? Can you not copy and paste them over here for us who don't spend more than 10 minutes/week on that godsforsaken site? Please?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:02 am

I truly think its time for UMC to up their game. The Motorboat adding Testament really has me wanting to jump ship. I'm hoping UMC is working on something to convince me otherwise. They need to add some more heavy hitting thrashers like Dark Angel and Sodom to help me feel like I've made the right choice in booking with them once again.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:31 pm

There are 44 bands left to be announced. 44 ... bands.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Monsters of Rock cruise 2015 are making their big band announcement today.

It will probably be the usual crop of bands that used to be big 20 years ago and are still living off those past glories, but there is usually one or two diamonds in the rough.

And, at least its an announcement.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Actually, its a pretty awesome lineup!

Extreme, Y & T, Krokus, Queensryche, Europe, Stryper, Tesla, Lita Ford, Night Ranger. Just to name a few!

Its not funny anymore this announcement biz. I think its fair to say that 70k will lose a few cruisers to this one and the Motorboat.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:14 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Yeah... back when I was just a young metal cruiser, we'd slap down our money and be led on a year-long adventure of exciting anticipation and speculation based on humorously creative clues and community conjecture. We'd spend hours and hours just making up goofy threads to pass the time between updates and sharing reactions to the most recent announcements, talking about who'd seen which bands and where and what we could expect in their onbroad performances. Not a month would pass when ya wouldn't either be given another reason to get even more excited about the slow but steady reductions in days to sail or something to bitch about as the weenies and the elitists went toe-to-toe in battles of friendly jibes and growing camaraderie. Yep, thems was the good ol' days I tell ya.

Now ya basically make yer payments, book yer flights and hope for the best while kinda wondering what the hell's going on or even forgetting that there's something to look forward to. Oh well... days will turn to weeks and months, xmas will come n' go and we'll get what we paid for, no more, no less.

these forums were SO much fun back in 2011 building up for the 2012 cruise... I REALLY wish that was still part of the experience I was paying for
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:29 am

(winds)

:?

A tumbleweed just rolled across this website........

(winds)

Wish list 2020: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond, Churchburn, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Fortunately, I was able to see most of the MOR lineup, at this year's M3 Festival... http://m3rock.webs.com/
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:39 am

Well, maybe we should start planning some things to get excited over?

Dinners, stripper buses, beach parties, random flash mobs, shipwide scavenger hunt?

Man... they should really do a scavenger hunt onbroad.

Find ALL of the following:

-A star shaped piece of aluminum.
    -A feather (any color)
    -Three silly hats
    -A slice of your choice of fruit with a band logo carved into it or out of it.
    -A green sweater
    -Something rainbow
    -Beard hairs.
    -A photo of your scavenger hunt 'team' lifting up someone suited as a banana ....but bar mitzvah style on a chair.
    -A good novel
    -A photo of any cruiser sleeping in an unusual place.
    -One caper.
    -A cactus.
    -At least one inflatable instrument.
    -Something glowing.
    -Vegemite
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:21 pm

Krys wrote:Well, maybe we should start planning some things to get excited over?

Dinners, stripper buses, beach parties, random flash mobs, shipwide scavenger hunt?

Man... they should really do a scavenger hunt onbroad.

Find ALL of the following:

-A star shaped piece of aluminum.
    -A feather (any color)
    -Three silly hats
    -A slice of your choice of fruit with a band logo carved into it or out of it.
    -A green sweater
    -Something rainbow
    -Beard hairs.
    -A photo of your scavenger hunt 'team' lifting up someone suited as a banana ....but bar mitzvah style on a chair.
    -A good novel
    -A photo of any cruiser sleeping in an unusual place.
    -One caper.
    -A cactus.
    -At least one inflatable instrument.
    -Something glowing.
    -Vegemite

I was under the impression that we would be something of a "flash mob" just by our mere blackness and numbers. However, a more organized thing would be both hilarious and closing in on the epitome of awkward. We should do it, and make the hipsters cry. Also, jazz hands.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:18 pm

I am so torn this year .... Andy's silence (again), MOTORBOAT (Mototerhead, Anthrax, High on Fire, Down, Testament) .... it is just so hard to get excited this year.
    We do get a whole new ship, new port, Ft Lauderdale .... just don't feel the magic as from 2011 or Barge ( by far my most enjoyable of the UMC cruises), more people, more bands, same time frame ... really not feeling it for 2015.

C'Mon Andy we need something special announced NOW! .... no joking this time, I'm losing faith in the original cruise .......... Don't make me look else where .

there are too many other cruises knocking on your door to play games anymore ......... even your forum is dying from any previous year ............................................ bring us a spark of life.

I loved every year you have brought us, but things have changed. I beg you step up your game and give us a reason to continue to believe in 70K :cheers: :beerhorns:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:48 am

DragonLordJones wrote:I am so torn this year .... Andy's silence (again), MOTORBOAT (Mototerhead, Anthrax, High on Fire, Down, Testament) .... it is just so hard to get excited this year.
    We do get a whole new ship, new port, Ft Lauderdale .... just don't feel the magic as from 2011 or Barge ( by far my most enjoyable of the UMC cruises), more people, more bands, same time frame ... really not feeling it for 2015.

C'Mon Andy we need something special announced NOW! .... no joking this time, I'm losing faith in the original cruise .......... Don't make me look else where .

there are too many other cruises knocking on your door to play games anymore ......... even your forum is dying from any previous year ............................................ bring us a spark of life.

I loved every year you have brought us, but things have changed. I beg you step up your game and give us a reason to continue to believe in 70K :cheers: :beerhorns:

Andy has already sold enough tickets to make a profit. He's taking time off now, and doesn't give a shit what we think. He'll make announcements when he's good and ready.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:18 am

I think Testament being announced for a rival cruise makes things much more drastic. Fuck, if I hadn't given so money to UMC in the recent months, I'd jump ship because...yknow...TESTAMENT!! Still wanna go on that other cruise. Still hoping Andy will convince me not to go.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:12 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    Andy has already sold enough tickets to make a profit.

Dunno about that.

You look at the categories that are not sold out. Every single one of the most expensive categories. And there are quite a lot of cabins in those categories.

Certainly sold WELL, but enough to make a profit? Not so sure.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:41 pm

Another point is that I like to prepare to a festival. Listen to the known bands, check the bands out that I don't know, maybe get some cds of those bands and so on. But I can't get tons of cds and listen to all those bands within one or two months so it would be nice to get more announcments before x-mas. In my opinion this is also kind of respect for people who pay a lot of money for this curise.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:15 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    Andy has already sold enough tickets to make a profit. He's taking time off now, and doesn't give a shit what we think. He'll make announcements when he's good and ready.

That is my whole point ...... Andy has come straight out and said he would not leave us hanging this year (2015) .... that the silence would not happen again. With 20 extra bands to announce we are no further ahead than when we had 40 bands and this is what our 3rd longest stint of silence from UMC ? This is getting down right disrespectful to his loyal paying costumers .

I'm not expecting for top name bands ( to a point) ...... but I would love to get to know the bands music before the cruise (that I already don't know).

Most of the other cruises have most of there line-up already announced, minus a few special guest and some of them I would of loved to seen on 70K ........ Just saying ANDY give us something more.

I LOVE 70K but the magic of the cruise has been getting worse every year ..... to the point that this may be my last. And I know my ticket doesn't mean much as I'm sure someone else would love to grab a spot ......... but I don't wanna give up my spot ! I WANT THE MAGIC TO RETURN :cheers: :beerhorns: :3drunks: :givebeer: :viking: :stagger:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:34 am

Dundee wrote:Another point is that I like to prepare to a festival. Listen to the known bands, check the bands out that I don't know, maybe get some cds of those bands and so on. But I can't get tons of cds and listen to all those bands within one or two months so it would be nice to get more announcments before x-mas. In my opinion this is also kind of respect for people who pay a lot of money for this curise.

DUDE! I've been saying this since the first freaking cruise!!

Shits me to tears that there are bands announced AFTER I've left Australia. EVERY year (and its got worse every year, not better!) Cannot get a good chance to listen to the bands, BUY their cds, take stuff with me to get signed, etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:39 am

Dude, if I knew Terrorizer were going to play last year, I certainly would've put World Downfall on my playlist. Love Terrorizer, but haven't listened to them for years. They were awesome and I had a great time seeing them, but if I would have known even a week in advance I could have prepared myself a bit more. They didn't get announced til less than 24 hours of the boat fucking leaving and all of us were in Miami at that time!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:

Dunno about that.

You look at the categories that are not sold out. Every single one of the most expensive categories. And there are quite a lot of cabins in those categories.

It makes no profit difference to Andy if 4 people are in an inside quad or if 4 people are in the best suite on the ship.Royal Carribean gets 100% of the booking price per person.Andy gets most of the extra fee (which is the same for every cruiser no matter what they paid for a cabin) and parts of sales abroad ship bigger cut for his our mech and some of alcohol sales.What Andy has to do is meet a goal of sales of cabins,which he did the last week of March (I have this from a RC source 100% confirmed).So in a way spending too much money to get a band that books the most expensive cabins is a bad business move by UMC now.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:57 pm

Another metal cruise!

Just a smaller one that sails New Year's Eve.

But, seeing Freedom Call and Cripper on a ship on a new year's eve for 79 Euro? NICE!

http://www.aqua-ruction.com/
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:42 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Actually, its a pretty awesome lineup!

Extreme, Y & T, Krokus, Queensryche, Europe, Stryper, Tesla, Lita Ford, Night Ranger. Just to name a few!

Its not funny anymore this announcement biz. I think its fair to say that 70k will lose a few cruisers to this one and the Motorboat.

I think Motorboat would take more cruisers away than Monsters of Rock genre-wise, plus Motorboat is getting TONS of mention on the Sirius/XM satellite radio metal channels. And it's not as if switching over from 70K (or just cancelling) is the end of the world; the ticket contract says a cancel penalty of $100 per pax...for now, anyway.
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:57 pm

Do you think we'll see a 70k DVD release anytime soon?

A highlights package, full sets, 3 discs or so...I'd like that.

Nothing is happening here, so might as well get exicted over something. haha

:boobs:

Wish list 2020: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond, Churchburn, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:21 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:

Dunno about that.

I think a lot of the best cabins are saved for bands.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Not this time. Have fun!

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg
  • drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:59 pm

Each and every morning > Checking www.70000tons.com

Each and every morning > Disappointment

They are making the same mistake(s) like last year and I am afraid they will end up with the same disappointing line up (for me personally!) like last year.
    I thought they have learned at least something but it is as so many times before in history: TALK IS CHEAP!
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:05 am

As a newcomer who will be sailing for the first time in 2015, I feel exempt from the frustration that many of you are feeling. I'm too excited that I'm finally going to be upset over the lack of announcements. I count myself lucky for that. That said, I am checking the site every day as well.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:25 am

EpidemicReign wrote:As a newcomer who will be sailing for the first time in 2015, I feel exempt from the frustration that many of you are feeling. I'm too excited that I'm finally going to be upset over the lack of announcements. I count myself lucky for that. That said, I am checking the site every day as well.

I just clicked on the "get notifications" option in the 70K facebook page. That way, I get announcements as they come.

Absolutely not worried about notifications. And I won't even pay attention to that until the World Cup is over. :P
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:50 am

Cardest wrote:Do you think we'll see a 70k DVD release anytime soon?

:lol: You crazy dreamer
    I should get around to updating my signature
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:59 am

Last year, my wife and I were hoping to go (it would have been our first 70K), but we got too worried about the lack of announcements to book in the summer and fall. I can't imagine we were the only ones. By the time the announcements started coming, the time and money were already allocated to other things, and we could no longer book. That said, I'm super stoked about this year's cruise already, and we have our cabin and flight tickets in hand.

But there are 50% more tickets to sell this year, and that means a lot of first-timers!

Andy, you need to start selling tickets early, or else first-time people will make other plans like we did last winter, and you will be undersold. Frequent, high-quality band announcements, starting now, are needed if you really want to grow this business by 50%.
    Skoden. Stoodis.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:23 pm

acidbasement wrote:Last year, my wife and I were hoping to go (it would have been our first 70K), but we got too worried about the lack of announcements to book in the summer and fall. I can't imagine we were the only ones. By the time the announcements started coming, the time and money were already allocated to other things, and we could no longer book. That said, I'm super stoked about this year's cruise already, and we have our cabin and flight tickets in hand.

But there are 50% more tickets to sell this year, and that means a lot of first-timers!

Andy, you need to start selling tickets early, or else first-time people will make other plans like we did last winter, and you will be undersold. Frequent, high-quality band announcements, starting now, are needed if you really want to grow this business by 50%.

I had the same problem with a buddy of mine. He was following the site everyday disappointed at the long period of silence and allocated his money to other responsibilities. I tried coaxing him into but the announcements were too little too late for him to throw serious money at the venture. Anyway, this year is starting out the same. He was about to book, then this period of no announcements came. It's tough to talk cruise virgins into attending when they have no idea what's going on. Even if you tell them this is fairly normal by now, that does not halt their skepticism. Hopefully UMC can dissuade the newcomers of their fears.
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:50 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    EpidemicReign wrote:As a newcomer who will be sailing for the first time in 2015, I feel exempt from the frustration that many of you are feeling. I'm too excited that I'm finally going to be upset over the lack of announcements. I count myself lucky for that. That said, I am checking the site every day as well.

I just clicked on the "get notifications" option in the 70K facebook page. That way, I get announcements as they come.

Absolutely not worried about notifications. And I won't even pay attention to that until the World Cup is over. :P

I prefer to go straight to the web site. That way I can look at the countdown and reassure myself that it's getting closer :P
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 pm

Cardest wrote:Do you think we'll see a 70k DVD release anytime soon?

They can't even release a 'statement' on a band. And you want A DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grab a 6 pack of Jim Beam and coke, a carton of Heineken and a goon box of wine, slap on some Slayer and when you wake up you will have totally forgotten about this OUTRAGEOUS question.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:22 am

Any chance Andy might give us a Christmas calendar this year? So many bands left to announce... If we were back to the 40 band format it would be like having -4 announcements so far, and it's almost summer.

Whatever it is in the end, this long silence is being very uprofessional. Again.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:34 am

No Halloween announcements, no Yule announcements, no New Year's announcements. Most likely more than half of the remaining bands will be announced in January.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:39 am

Memnoch wrote:No Halloween announcements, no Yule announcements, no New Year's announcements. Most likely more than half of the remaining bands will be announced in January.

I hope Andy learnt the lesson and proves you wrong. Some of us want, or rather, NEED time to discover some of the bands that will be onbroad. For instance, I am lately enjoying Threshold so much, and I had never heard of them before. Now I can't wait to see them live, but if they had been announced one week before departing I would have totally missed the chance to enjoy them. I don't want that to happen.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:41 am

I hope so too, but, sadly, have no reason to believe anything will be different this time.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:07 am

just 19 days till an announcement
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Memnoch wrote:I hope so too, but, sadly, have no reason to believe anything will be different this time.

Just noticed its over 2 months now since the skipper logged into the forum.

Doesn't mean he isn't looking of course - he could hypothetically be checking in and just not logging in (unlikely though).
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:03 pm

Just made my final payment :|

Doesn't feel one bit like money well spent :roll:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
Post Reply 3601 posts