Post Reply 55 posts
Hotel at Fort Lauderdale or hotel at Miami
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

Hotel at Fort Lauderdale or hotel at Miami

by lampropelma » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:36 am

I want just to know if you will reserve the same hotel than usual or if you will reserve a hotel at Fort Lauderdale?

Is there also a meeting same place than before or at Fort Laderdale?

To my opinion, better to stay at Miami and take taxi the 22 to go to the port of Fort Lauderdale, what do you think?
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

Re: Hotel at Fort Lauderdale or hotel at Miami

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:02 am

Dorothy has put lots of work into securing a good place at FT. Lauderdale and I support her. I've done Miami enough and want something new as well as presumably cheaper.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:41 am

I have a nice room at the Hyatt in FLL close to port for my cabin mates & I but I also fully support Dorothy. I will wait to see what she comes up with before I pay for my room.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:32 am

I've always stayed in FLL and just rented a car and drove down to Miami for the beach party. Since Dorothy has been planning so hard for us to have the beach party in FLL, I will join in on those shenanigans! I want to be where all the action is \m/

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:44 am

Fort Lauderdale has a pirate bar. Case closed.
    http://www.piraterepublicbar.com/
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:47 am

Speedy wrote:Fort Lauderdale has a pirate bar. Case closed.

I need to get a costume for next year!!!!!!!!!!

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:40 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Dorothy has put lots of work into securing a good place at FT. Lauderdale and I support her. I've done Miami enough and want something new as well as presumably cheaper.

Yeah, I'm pretty much going where Dorothy goes.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:12 am

Stained Class wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Dorothy has put lots of work into securing a good place at FT. Lauderdale and I support her. I've done Miami enough and want something new as well as presumably cheaper.

Yeah, I'm pretty much going where Dorothy goes.

I'm intrigued by the details of a post from Dorothy (not a forumite I'm guessing?) on facebook. Sounds like a fairly elaborate plan.

What days are ppl thinking of hitting town? With the new Thursday departure day, it sort of screws up the old, logical pre-weekend time for arriving. So far, I'd just planned to fly in Wednesday night, hit the hotel then head to the ship Thursday morning but will wait to confirm any plans until more developments are made clear.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    dws515
    Oiler

by dws515 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:16 am

My cabinmate and I stayed in Ft. Lauderdale this past year to be closer to the Amon Amarth show. We booked a room in this group of hotels called "North Beach Village". The room price was very reasonable ($115 a night or so) and we were within walking distance to all of the oceanfront restaurants, bars, and public beach. I would totally recommend it! A taxi from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale can run you up to $100 or more.
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:49 pm

I'll be going on this trip with the gf and she wants to visit Miami.

Therefore I'll be staying in Miami before and after the cruise. If anyone wants to share a cab to the port and then back to Miami after, let me know!
    I'll be attempting to book somewhere in South Beach, since I really enjoyed that area last time.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:22 pm

I might be in school the week of the cruise, so I'd try to skip as little classes as possible. That means I'd arrive the day before the cruise and leave the day the cruise is over. Will try and stay where everyone stays.

If I'm not in grad school, I'll just follow Dorothy and everyone else. :cool:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • FreeToLive
    Oiler

by FreeToLive » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:16 am

HI! This is Dorothy! So funny to see so many people posting about me lol!!

Join the 70,000 Tons of Metal at Hollywood Beach Facebook group to keep up with group rates on hotels, events and parties in Hollywood Beach!

I just got us a group rate at Riptide Hotel. We're going to take 20 of their 21 rooms. Obviously we'll need more hotels, but it's a good start!

No, I'm not on the Forum much, so keep in touch on FB!!!
    - Doro
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Booked at Riptide, thank Dorothy!
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:21 am

I'll make sure to stop by the Ripside, where a lot of my friends will be staying. I'll be staying at Ocean Drive, just a couple of blocks away.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:36 am

the plans of the six dutchpeople are also to go FT Slaughterdale.
    we've seen Miami, time for something new
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:47 am

I'll go wherever the party is! Likely won't book hotels until later in the year though and just see where everyone ends up :)
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Samhain wrote:I'll go wherever the party is! Likely won't book hotels until later in the year though and just see where everyone ends up :)

We are a bunch of ppl already booked at the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort. Looks kind of crappy, but it's on the beach, very cheap and you can cancel until Jan 17 with no fee. I'll see if I find anything better later on, but I like to have secured room, just in case!
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:18 pm

Any rooms left?
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:54 am

biertroll wrote:Booked at Riptide, thank Dorothy!

Also booked at Riptide.
    Dorothy is making an amazing work with hotel recommendations and special offers, looking for places for beach/bar/restaurants parties.
    Hollywood will be the place to be as pre-cruise events next year without any doubt.
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:39 pm

I booked at the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort, Tue - Thu.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    surfslamdive
    Oiler

by surfslamdive » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Sounds like the Riptide will be the place to stay. Just made a request to join the FB group so hopefully I can get a room there too. I met a lot of cool people on the cruise but seem to have missed out on meeting people prior to the cruise!
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:34 pm

Sounds like we've overtaken the historic hollywood resort! Guess we couldnt argue with the dirt cheap rooms :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    AlexvH76
    Oiler

by AlexvH76 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:46 am

With my friends we booked at the Tropics :heavydrink:
    Wishlist 70k : Testament, Kreator, Morbid Angel, Nocturnus, Exhorder, Paradox, Vendetta, Asphyx, Hail Of Bullets, Dead Head, Winter, Destruction,

http://www.youtube.com/adaptornl
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:24 am

I have booked at the tropics hotel in Miami beach, so I will stay at Miami
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:49 am

klons wrote:Sounds like we've overtaken the historic hollywood resort! Guess we couldnt argue with the dirt cheap rooms :lol:

We're all metalheads. I wouldn't have expected any different from any of us lol.
    We will make it a 5 star party hotel though.
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:15 am

Personally, I will book at Fort Lauderdale, but don't know where yet. I have to book my holiday in Finland first, then will come the trip to Fort Lauderdale :headbanger:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:11 am

are there any cheapo hostels in Ft Lauderdale? A nice thing about Miami is the cheap Hostels in abundance...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:42 pm

This time SoBe again. :3drunks: Planning to come over to Ft. Lauderdale in case there is a beach party, check it out and book for 2016. :viking:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    magicgrl111
    Oiler

by magicgrl111 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:49 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

Ahh why have I not worn a pirate costume on board yet??
    Absu-Behemoth-Cryptopsy-DevinTownsend-Dillinger Escape Plan-Dying Fetus-Enslaved-Gojira-Gorguts-Gwar-High on Fire-Machine Head-Mastodon-Municipal Waste-Napalm Death-Neurosis-Nile-PigDestroyer-Red Fang-Revocation-Vader

2015: Room 9682
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:02 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:are there any cheapo hostels in Ft Lauderdale? A nice thing about Miami is the cheap Hostels in abundance...

Yeah there are. I tried hostelworld and hostelbookers, but the dates I entered leading up to the cruise came back with nothing, but I don't know if that's because they're all booked out or it's too far in advance for the on-line booking system. Maybe you could try calling them.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:08 pm

magicgrl111 wrote:
    LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

Ahh why have I not worn a pirate costume on board yet??

You've got plenty of time to plan for next year! There's been some talks of a pirate cosplay night while we take over the Pirate Republic. :mrgreen:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • FreeToLive
    Oiler

by FreeToLive » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Historic Hollywood Beach Resort still has rooms on booking.com for $94/night incl taxes, fees etc; FREE cancellation. It's still the best deal on the beach, and it's going to be full of Metalheads!!! Book now! Cancel later if you find something better - and tell the rest of us!

Join the FB group: 70,000 Tons of Metal at Hollywood Beach to keep up with the plans :)

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/hollywo ... 7b3f35b4X2
    - Doro
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:51 pm

Like Joey, I usually end up booking where Dorothy books, so I'll be at the Riptide Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale from Sunday night to Thursday morning. Gonna be a blast and am looking forward to getting wasted with you guys for a fourth time. :viking:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:58 am

What days is everyone going to Florida? I do not like the cruise is not a Mon-Fri, that always made it easier to stay the weekend before and weekend after.

Is everyone going for a bunch of days before the cruise and leaving right after or what?

MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:09 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:What days is everyone going to Florida? I do not like the cruise is not a Mon-Fri, that always made it easier to stay the weekend before and weekend after.

Is everyone going for a bunch of days before the cruise and leaving right after or what?

I'm arriving the 21 and leaving the 26. I haven't bought the plane tickets yet so it may change, but that's what I'll likely do.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:54 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:What days is everyone going to Florida? I do not like the cruise is not a Mon-Fri, that always made it easier to stay the weekend before and weekend after.

We arrive on the 17th and leave on the 26th, so we have plenty of time to explore Miami and parts of Florida before the cruise
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:56 pm

may make more sense to spend more time beforehand... it used to be same amount before and after, but its such weird days now...

• Thanos
    Wiper

by Thanos » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:05 am

No direct flight from Switzerland to Ft-Lauderdale so we'll be landing in Miami.
    I only did the 2013 cruise and the friend coming with me in 2015 never saw Miami. We'll probably stay there.
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:46 pm

I managed to book a hotel room at Historic Hollywood Beach Resort from Travelocity at $89/night. Booking.com didn't have anything left there last I checked. So, yeah, people who want to stay there might check that out. They had the cancellation thing, too.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:29 pm

SaraMarie wrote:I managed to book a hotel room at Historic Hollywood Beach Resort from Travelocity at $89/night. Booking.com didn't have anything left there last I checked. So, yeah, people who want to stay there might check that out. They had the cancellation thing, too.

I'm pretty sure we've taken over this hotel. I can't wait for all the shenanigans we're going to get ourselves into at this place lol.
Post Reply 55 posts