Post Reply 55 posts
Hotel at Fort Lauderdale or hotel at Miami
    Dundee
    Crewman

Re: Hotel at Fort Lauderdale or hotel at Miami

by Dundee » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Max_Rockwell wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:I managed to book a hotel room at Historic Hollywood Beach Resort from Travelocity at $89/night. Booking.com didn't have anything left there last I checked. So, yeah, people who want to stay there might check that out. They had the cancellation thing, too.

I'm pretty sure we've taken over this hotel. I can't wait for all the shenanigans we're going to get ourselves into at this place lol.

Also booked at the Historic. It will be a hell of a party :chug: :shred: :bangers:
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:53 am

Dundee wrote:
    Max_Rockwell wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:I managed to book a hotel room at Historic Hollywood Beach Resort from Travelocity at $89/night. Booking.com didn't have anything left there last I checked. So, yeah, people who want to stay there might check that out. They had the cancellation thing, too.

I'm pretty sure we've taken over this hotel. I can't wait for all the shenanigans we're going to get ourselves into at this place lol.

Also booked at the Historic. It will be a hell of a party :chug: :shred: :bangers:

The place has crappy reviews, but hell, we will be painting that beach BLACK. :headbanger:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:02 pm

SaraMarie wrote:
    Dundee wrote:Also booked at the Historic. It will be a hell of a party :chug: :shred: :bangers:

The place has crappy reviews, but hell, we will be painting that beach BLACK. :headbanger:

A friend of me told me the same thing. But who cares. Just drink enough and you won't realize where you sleep :mrgreen:
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:11 am

Whew, looking into booking a pre-cruise hotel in FLL now that days off work are finalized.
    With the Riptide apparently sold out, I was looking at the Historic Hollywood Resort, but most of the reviews (on Tripadvisor, etc.) are truly DIRE.
    I don't think the HHR offers free parking during the cruise as part of their stay-and-cruise package, either. :evil:
    Has anyone booked there using that "special deal" on their website?
    I'm sure most people are flying in -- 70k is a truly inernational event :headbanger: -- but we'd be the rare exception and driving down.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • AllisonC1978
    Oiler

by AllisonC1978 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:09 pm

I am staying in Fort Lauderdale....may wander to Miami..may not have not decided
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:40 am

I booked at the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort for the two nights before the cruise. And no, I'm not going on 70k. :mrgreen:

Since I'll be in Florida anyway in January, I thought I'd drive down to Fort Lauderdale for the pre-cruise parties.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:52 am

Dundee wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:
    Dundee wrote:Also booked at the Historic. It will be a hell of a party :chug: :shred: :bangers:

A friend of me told me the same thing. But who cares. Just drink enough and you won't realize where you sleep :mrgreen:

We're also the type of crowd that doesn't care for much of anything other than drinking, metal, and more metal!
    This is why the Majesty of the Seas loved us (at least from the first two 70k's i went on), we're not overly picky. As long as we have a bed to pass the fuck out on, we'll be good.
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:05 pm

Max_Rockwell wrote:
    Dundee wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:

We're also the type of crowd that doesn't care for much of anything other than drinking, metal, and more metal!
    This is why the Majesty of the Seas loved us (at least from the first two 70k's i went on), we're not overly picky. As long as we have a bed to pass the fuck out on, we'll be good.

Too true. I sincerely was left with an impression that the booze sales well exceeded any damage costs. What is the value of a bottle of liquor? They likely buy them buy the crate so the prices are probably reduced. But let's say 20$/bottle, if they sell approximately FOUR drinks they've paid for the whole bottle! Also worth considering is the fact that no one spent much time requesting diva treatment for the cabins on 70k (betting there are folks who demand the royal treatment on their personal vacations). That must be a welcome relief to the crew members who clean up and serve the food/drinks.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
  • aussiestu
    Crewman

by aussiestu » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:00 am

Well I turn 40 the day the cruise leaves! So therefore im getting into Fort Lauderdale on the Tuesday and starting my 40th celebrations then! :givebeer: Have booked the Holiday Inn Airport/Cruise Hotel for the 2 nights. Cruise combined with my 40th = a winning combination! :bangers:
    Slayer13
    Oiler

by Slayer13 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:52 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:What days is everyone going to Florida? I do not like the cruise is not a Mon-Fri, that always made it easier to stay the weekend before and weekend after.

Is everyone going for a bunch of days before the cruise and leaving right after or what?

We're arriving the night of the 19th and flying back the day after the cruise. That'll give us three nights pre cruise to party it up.
    70K 2014 - Survivor - Deck 4
    70K 2015 - Survivor - Deck 8
    70K 2016 - Survivor - Deck 7
    70K 2018 - Survivor - Deck 8

Wishlist for 2019 (work in progress): Abbath, Arkona, Avantasia, Brainstorm, Flotsam & Jetsam, Savatage, Voyager.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Krys wrote:Too true. I sincerely was left with an impression that the booze sales well exceeded any damage costs. What is the value of a bottle of liquor? They likely buy them buy the crate so the prices are probably reduced. But let's say 20$/bottle, if they sell approximately FOUR drinks they've paid for the whole bottle! Also worth considering is the fact that no one spent much time requesting diva treatment for the cabins on 70k (betting there are folks who demand the royal treatment on their personal vacations). That must be a welcome relief to the crew members who clean up and serve the food/drinks.

Yep. I called the 70k office (well, Ultimate Cruises) a few Sundays ago, expecting to leave a message for a callback, and a really cool guy named Vince answered. (On a Sunday. Pretty nifty.)
    During the course of the (awesome) convo that followed he confirmed that for the first 70k cruise, Royal Caribbean was told "Hey, these guys are gonna drink a LOT. They're metalheads. They DRINK!"
    And RC promptly increased the beer and liquor purchases by 15%, confident that would be more than adequate to supply thirsty metalheads for a 5-day cruise.
    They ran out of beer before the ship even docked at Cozumel. :lol: :bangers: :lol:

Vince also said there are now RC staffers and crew who REQUEST assignment to 70k, for the same reasons you cited: metalheads are not divas (for the most part), we're a lot less demanding than the average cruise audience, we drink a lot, AND we tip a lot. Hopefully we don't damage too much, since I'm sure Andy would like to do this again. :lol:

"Tipping: it's not just for cows anymore."
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • GamingCarl
    Wiper

by GamingCarl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:58 am

If you decide to go with Vegas, there are really cheap rooms over on http://las-vegas.hotelscheap.org/. It's not really top-notch, but it'll get you through the night. I think they have offers for Miami as well, but I'm not sure.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:20 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Krys wrote:Too true. I sincerely was left with an impression that the booze sales well exceeded any damage costs. What is the value of a bottle of liquor? They likely buy them buy the crate so the prices are probably reduced. But let's say 20$/bottle, if they sell approximately FOUR drinks they've paid for the whole bottle! Also worth considering is the fact that no one spent much time requesting diva treatment for the cabins on 70k (betting there are folks who demand the royal treatment on their personal vacations). That must be a welcome relief to the crew members who clean up and serve the food/drinks.

Yep. I called the 70k office (well, Ultimate Cruises) a few Sundays ago, expecting to leave a message for a callback, and a really cool guy named Vince answered. (On a Sunday. Pretty nifty.)
    During the course of the (awesome) convo that followed he confirmed that for the first 70k cruise, Royal Caribbean was told "Hey, these guys are gonna drink a LOT. They're metalheads. They DRINK!"
    And RC promptly increased the beer and liquor purchases by 15%, confident that would be more than adequate to supply thirsty metalheads for a 5-day cruise.
    They ran out of beer before the ship even docked at Cozumel. :lol: :bangers: :lol:

Vince also said there are now RC staffers and crew who REQUEST assignment to 70k, for the same reasons you cited: metalheads are not divas (for the most part), we're a lot less demanding than the average cruise audience, we drink a lot, AND we tip a lot. Hopefully we don't damage too much, since I'm sure Andy would like to do this again. :lol:

"Tipping: it's not just for cows anymore."

Reasons that add to why 70k is just the best week of each year for me!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Booked at Alhambra Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Looks nice and clean with full kitchen. 13 minutes drive from the airport, 8 from Port Everglades. :beerbang:
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:24 pm

booked the Hollywood Beachside Boutique, looks nice, a few blocks from the beach, as well as 5 blocks from historic Hollywood beach hotel that the facebook group will invade... maybe I'll wobble by for a few beers...

:stagger:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards