Post Reply 43 posts
What do the band schedule look like ?
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

What do the band schedule look like ?

by MikeB » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:47 pm

It's going to by my first cruise in 2015, I'm wondering when the bands play. Do any of you have a copy of the schedule of the previous years ?
    Do some bands still play when we will be in Jamaica, or they stop so we can enjoy Jamaica without missing a lot of performance ? I know I will miss some good show, with 60 bands playing this years, just trying to have a general idea.

Thanks
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: What do the band schedule look like ?

by X-Thor » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:53 pm

MikeB wrote:It's going to by my first cruise in 2015, I'm wondering when the bands play. Do any of you have a copy of the schedule of the previous years ?
    Do some bands still play when we will be in Jamaica, or they stop so we can enjoy Jamaica without missing a lot of performance ? I know I will miss some good show, with 60 bands playing this years, just trying to have a general idea.

Thanks

From my experience (70K 2013 and 2014), it's something like this.

First day:
    Get on the boat before 4pm (I think? I'm there by noon! :lol: ).
    Walk around the ship, eat, drink, talk to people.
    Muster drill at about 4pm.
    Bands start playing at around 6pm
    Bands stop playing between 5-6am (though my perception could be skewed due to the Helloween delay of '13 which resulted in Turisas playing five songs at "ridiculous o'clock" :lol: :lol: ) Yes, this should be on the second day, but I'd get confused. :oops:

Second day:
    Merch store opens early. I think 8 or 9am. Line is FUCKING huge.
    Bands start playing at 10am.
    Bands stop playing at around 4-5am. Again, could be earlier. I don't really remember. :oops:

Third day:
    Debarkation
    Get back on the boat.
    Bands start playing around 6pm.
    Bands stop playing between 4-5am (I think?)

Fourth day:
    Bands stop playing at 2am. Unless it rains and the pool deck is closed, in which case they'll stop playing later. :ugeek:
    karaoke time.

Fifth day:
    Wake up or continue to be awake and drunk.
    Get off the boat.
    Recover all the sleep you didn't get on the cruise.
    Be sad.

I think you can see the running order on the 70k website. Not sure, though.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:07 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    MikeB wrote:It's going to by my first cruise in 2015, I'm wondering when the bands play. Do any of you have a copy of the schedule of the previous years ?

Thanks

From my experience (70K 2013 and 2014), it's something like this.

First day:
    Get on the boat before 4pm (I think? I'm there by noon! :lol: ).
    Walk around the ship, eat, drink, talk to people.
    Muster drill at about 4pm.
    Bands start playing at around 6pm
    Canadians claim hot tub around 10pm
    Bands stop playing between 5-6am (though my perception could be skewed due to the Helloween delay of '13 which resulted in Turisas playing five songs at "ridiculous o'clock" :lol: :lol: ) Yes, this should be on the second day, but I'd get confused. :oops:

Second day:
    Merch store opens early. I think 8 or 9am. Line is FUCKING huge.
    Bands stop playing at around 4-5am. Again, could be earlier. I don't really remember. :oops:

Third day:
    Debarkation
    Get back on the boat.
    Bands start playing around 6pm.
    Bands stop playing between 4-5am (I think?)

Fourth day:
    Bands stop playing at 2am. Unless it rains and the pool deck is closed, in which case they'll stop playing later. :ugeek:
    karaoke time.

Fifth day:
    Wake up or continue to be awake and drunk.
    Get off the boat.
    Recover all the sleep you didn't get on the cruise.
    Be sad.

I think you can see the running order on the 70k website. Not sure, though.

Minor adjustment made :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:29 pm

It sounds like "No sleep for 4 days!
    For The Horde!
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. It looks like we're in for a metal overdose :headbanger:
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:20 am

I found the best opportunity for sleep maximization was to sleep 3 hours during the middle of the day, and 3-4 hours in the evening. Sleeping the whole day would be a serious waste and so would missing all the late shows and karaoke etc. Karaoke was the best after hours fun I've ever had lol.... being that drunk that far into the morning is special :party:. My point is that you NEED to sleep a little bit, so try and schedule naps whenever you have the downtime. Don't hate yourself if you oversleep and miss something. Remember all the bands play 2x! That being said I still missed a few bands I wanted to see due to power drunkeness, meeting people, mingling, taking care of myself (kind of) and being impressed by other bands playing at the same time. I never crashed once without a shit eating grin on my face so I can't really feel bad. The whole trip is not comparable to any other festivals.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:38 am

Scheduled playing time this year:
    Day 1:
    Theatre: 18:00-02:15
    Pool Deck: 00:30-04:45
    Spectum: 17:30-04:00

Day 2:
    Theatre: 16:45-02:00
    Pool Deck: 10:00-04:30
    Spectum: 10:45-03:45

Day 3:
    Theatre: 18:30-01:30
    Pool Deck: 17:30-05:15
    Spectum: 17:00-04:30

Day 4:
    Theatre: 17:15-02:00
    Pool Deck: 10:00-01:00
    Spectum: 10:45-02:45
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:38 am

ANTIKRISS wrote:It sounds like "No sleep for 4 days!

pretty much. There isn't much time for sleep, plus with all the bands and amazing people on the ship, sleep is not wanted!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:09 am

Krys wrote:I found the best opportunity for sleep maximization was to sleep 3 hours during the middle of the day, and 3-4 hours in the evening. Sleeping the whole day would be a serious waste and so would missing all the late shows and karaoke etc. Karaoke was the best after hours fun I've ever had lol.... being that drunk that far into the morning is special :party:. My point is that you NEED to sleep a little bit, so try and schedule naps whenever you have the downtime. Don't hate yourself if you oversleep and miss something. Remember all the bands play 2x! That being said I still missed a few bands I wanted to see due to power drunkeness, meeting people, mingling, taking care of myself (kind of) and being impressed by other bands playing at the same time. I never crashed once without a shit eating grin on my face so I can't really feel bad. The whole trip is not comparable to any other festivals.

This year, I went to sleep around 5-6am every day and woke up in time to see the early shows. In general, I didn't sleep between shows, though I did take a short nap on Thursday during Xandria and another on the pool side on Wednesday. Other than that, I took a triple espresso every day at around 6pm and then kept drinking. Worked perfectly. :beerbang:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:13 am

I tried taking naps but it didn't even really happen. Pretty much if you throttle your drinking you should be ok.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    magicgrl111
    Oiler

by magicgrl111 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:37 am

Stained Class wrote:I tried taking naps but it didn't even really happen. Pretty much if you throttle your drinking you should be ok.

So true, drinking is the thing that will wear you out faster than lack of sleep. If you drink all day, you'll have a hard time at night for sure. I would recommend holding off on your drinks and waiting for the 'witching hour'(the time when the biggest bands are playing and most people are out partying. sometime between 9pm - 2am). Naps are not super realistic as there's just too much to do!
    Absu-Behemoth-Cryptopsy-DevinTownsend-Dillinger Escape Plan-Dying Fetus-Enslaved-Gojira-Gorguts-Gwar-High on Fire-Machine Head-Mastodon-Municipal Waste-Napalm Death-Neurosis-Nile-PigDestroyer-Red Fang-Revocation-Vader

2015: Room 9682
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks

From 2012, the only cruise I have been on so far. Bands don't play the day the boat arrives at the destination port, but bands resume that evening not long after the boat starts going back to Florida...

2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:24 pm

Thanks a lot Conrad. So I guess I won't have time to sleep nor eat for 4 days straight. Now how know why they are called "Survivors".
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:18 pm

MikeB wrote:Thanks a lot Conrad. So I guess I won't have time to sleep nor eat for 4 days straight. Now how know why they are called "Survivors".

Don't forget that 20 additional bands are going to be scheduled as well. Perhaps instead of 45/60/75 minute sets they will be 30/45/60 for 2015.
    erkpod
    Oiler

by erkpod » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:32 pm

On the Majesty, I'd seen every one of the 40 bands by the end of day 2. Sometimes that meant ducking out early from sets but that was ok. By the end of day 2, I knew which bands I wanted to see again. I spent the 3rd night in the hot tub watching the bands on the pool deck. That was the plan for day 4 this year as well but it fucketed down with rain but I was hanging out in the hot tub & on the pool deck until around 1am just hanging out & stuff. Then I went to see some more bands & karaoke.

With the exception of the final day where I didn't go to sleep at all, I slept for about 4-5 hours a day.

Next year with 60 bands, I don't know if I want to try & see all the bands in 2 days if that is an even an option.
    70k Survivor 2013 & 2014.

Survivor of 70000 Tons of Rain during 70000 Tons of Hot Tubbing in the Canadian spa on Thursday, 2014

Please don't wear your 2015 Survivor merch before Jamaica! You haven't survived until you get back to FLL!!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:51 am

If you only want to see bands, it's easy compared to other major festivals that have 150 bands and only 3 days, considering there's 4 days, only 60 bands, and each of them plays twice, once on the way to Jamaica and again on the way back to Florida. What makes it difficult is unlike most other festivals, there's so much activities to do on the boat you'll be really busy. But you're unlikely to want to see every band anyway.

I don't think the length of the sets will change, there's 20 extra bands, but remember there's also an extra stage.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:24 am

I kind of wish that instead of adding an extra stage, they would add 2 extra days to the cruise. That would keep the same number of bands playing per day, and we would have more time for drinking :dreams:
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:08 am

ExtraneouS wrote:I kind of wish that instead of adding an extra stage, they would add 2 extra days to the cruise. That would keep the same number of bands playing per day, and we would have more time for drinking :dreams:

And it would cost 50% more unfortunately.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:18 am

Thanks Conrad, I was looking for this for DAYS!
    For The Horde!
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:51 am

ANTIKRISS wrote:Thanks Conrad, I was looking for this for DAYS!

You're welcome.

2019 Wishlist:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:40 am

ExtraneouS wrote:I kind of wish that instead of adding an extra stage, they would add 2 extra days to the cruise. That would keep the same number of bands playing per day, and we would have more time for drinking :dreams:

yessss I'd love 2 extra days.... then we can have things spaced out better!

DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:56 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

yessss I'd love 2 extra days.... then we can have things spaced out better!

Yes, I want to spend two more days with you guys as well, but we can always stay two extra days in Ft. Lauderdale I suppose.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:10 pm

Stained Class wrote:

And it would cost 50% more unfortunately.

Yeah that would cost too much money and I'm usually wiped out and ready for a vacation from vacation at the end of the cruises now.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:21 pm

It definitely can get rough if you're not ready for it.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Max_Rockwell wrote:It definitely can get rough if you're not ready for it.

even when you are ready and know what to expect it is still rough.

surfslamdive
    Oiler

by surfslamdive » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:40 am

On my first cruise (2012) I remember going to the Crown Lounge (?) at the rear of the top deck to nap for an hour/hour and a half later at night. There was always a quiet spot where no one was around. I figured if I went all the way back to my cabin I simply wouldn't get up to see more bands!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:59 pm

Random question but do any of you old-timers remember where Blind Guardian played on the first cruise? I seem to remember them playing twice in the Chorus Line. Curious if that would happen again on the new ship. I want some pool deck BG.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:20 am

[quote="mooyagi"]Random question but do any of you old-timers remember where Blind Guardian played on the first cruise? I seem to remember them playing twice in the Chorus Line. Curious if that would happen again on the new ship. I want some pool deck BG.[/quote

Double Chorus Line for Blind Guardian on first cruise.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:46 am

NuuX wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Random question but do any of you old-timers remember where Blind Guardian played on the first cruise? I seem to remember them playing twice in the Chorus Line. Curious if that would happen again on the new ship. I want some pool deck BG.

Double Chorus Line for Blind Guardian on first cruise.

Thanks! Hopefully they get a pool deck set this time. Still curious as to how the pool deck will be set up. Pictures from the Legends of Rock cruises on the Liberty don't make me excited. Their arrangement was crap.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:47 am

That was probably by request. I'm pretty sure Kamelot requested 2 chorus line sets as well, which apparently kinda screwed Moonsorrow over and they had to do 2 in the Spectrum.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Slayer13
    Oiler

by Slayer13 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:38 am

MikeB wrote:Thanks a lot Conrad. So I guess I won't have time to sleep nor eat for 4 days straight. Now how know why they are called "Survivors".

I believe the dining room was open for breakfast from 8 am to 9:30 am when pretty much no bands are playing so stumble in there, get breakfast and stumble back to wherever. I think there are very few hours where there isn't some place to get food.
    70K 2014 - Survivor - Deck 4
    70K 2015 - Survivor - Deck 8
    70K 2016 - Survivor - Deck 7
    70K 2018 - Survivor - Deck 8

Wishlist for 2019 (work in progress): Abbath, Arkona, Avantasia, Brainstorm, Flotsam & Jetsam, Savatage, Voyager.
    magicgrl111
    Oiler

by magicgrl111 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:02 pm

Slayer13 wrote:

I believe the dining room was open for breakfast from 8 am to 9:30 am when pretty much no bands are playing so stumble in there, get breakfast and stumble back to wherever. I think there are very few hours where there isn't some place to get food.

Pretty sure you can always get pizza, at least all through the night.
    Absu-Behemoth-Cryptopsy-DevinTownsend-Dillinger Escape Plan-Dying Fetus-Enslaved-Gojira-Gorguts-Gwar-High on Fire-Machine Head-Mastodon-Municipal Waste-Napalm Death-Neurosis-Nile-PigDestroyer-Red Fang-Revocation-Vader

2015: Room 9682
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:15 pm

magicgrl111 wrote:
    Slayer13 wrote:

Pretty sure you can always get pizza, at least all through the night.

That pizza tasted like rubber after the 5th slice lol, but it's like you couldn't stop eating it anyways.
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:17 pm

mooyagi wrote:Random question but do any of you old-timers remember where Blind Guardian played on the first cruise? I seem to remember them playing twice in the Chorus Line. Curious if that would happen again on the new ship. I want some pool deck BG.

It's too bad they couldn't add a bit of pyro to their show if they blocked off a section of the ship while the show went on.
    Maybe on this bigger ship.....?

In any case, Guardian was awesome on both sets.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:26 pm

Max_Rockwell wrote:

It's too bad they couldn't add a bit of pyro to their show if they blocked off a section of the ship while the show went on.

In an interview with Andy he revealed that the only way RC would let them do pyrotechnics would be to tail a smaller barge to shoot the fireworks from. I wonder if that would be any more feasible with the new boat...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Haha, that'd be pretty pointless. Good to know though.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:46 am

Max_Rockwell wrote:It's too bad they couldn't add a bit of pyro to their show if they blocked off a section of the ship while the show went on.

Well, heck, if DISNEY's cruise ships can do it...(which they do)...... :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Max_Rockwell wrote:It's too bad they couldn't add a bit of pyro to their show if they blocked off a section of the ship while the show went on.

In an interview with Andy he revealed that the only way RC would let them do pyrotechnics would be to tail a smaller barge to shoot the fireworks from. I wonder if that would be any more feasible with the new boat...

Considering the copious amounts of alcohol and other intoxicants consumed, debauchery partaken of, crazy antics indulged and heavy metal mayhem in general, onbroad a freaking cruise ship designed and constructed to cater to old ladies and whining children, the fact that we consistently find ourselves standing on dry land and all in one piece year after year is nothing short of a modern a miracle in and of itself. As much as I enjoy fireworks, I'm not sure we wanna add any Rammsteinian grade light show elements to our proverbial, powder keg paradise :P
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:49 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Considering the copious amounts of alcohol and other intoxicants consumed, debauchery partaken of, crazy antics indulged and heavy metal mayhem in general, onbroad a freaking cruise ship designed and constructed to cater to old ladies and whining children, the fact that we consistently find ourselves standing on dry land and all in one piece year after year is nothing short of a modern a miracle in and of itself. As much as I enjoy fireworks, I'm not sure we wanna add any Rammsteinian grade light show elements into our proverbial, powder keg paradise :P

To quote Blazing Saddles, "you use your tongue better than a $20 whore" :heavydrink:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:13 pm

meshuggah wrote:To quote Blazing Saddles, "you use your tongue better than a $20 whore" :heavydrink:

:lol:

And the concubines concur! :cheers:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
Post Reply 43 posts