Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1
Official 2015 Pillow Fight band?
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

Official 2015 Pillow Fight band?

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:29 am

Every year it seems there's a new tradition. 2011 had the pool moshpit, 2012 had the elevator moshpit, Barge and 2013 had the Lounge Chair Mosh pit, and last year had one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen. Last year, I remember Symphony X we're playing a bit late due to delays and while I love Symphony X and can't stand Raven, I have never seen Raven before. Leaving midway through Symphony X's spot on performance I went to watch Raven and while they were good, I still fell asleep for about a song. When I woke up about five feet in front of me, I saw about 3-5 sweaty dudes hitting each other with pillows in the mosh area of the Spectrum Lounge. I guess it started out with a few hot chicks, but by the time I saw anything, the pit degraded into sweaty dudes, which I guess makes sense for a Raven show. :lol:

Anyway, Raven won the first ever "pillow fight award." Who will it be this year? Perhaps none of the bands announced so far will win the award, I don't really see any of them as "pillow fight material." For that matter though, what makes a band "pillow fight material?" What is the appropriate "pillow fight venue?" For that matter, why did the pillow fight have to occur during Raven of all times? Let's analyze these factors and see what will happen with the next cruise.

Also, I feel like I should post a disclaimer. I am in no way endorsing throwing pillows at the bands. I think that's a dick move and if it happens again I'm sure that's a great way to guarantee that we never get to do fun things like this again. Also, while we're on that subject, if you throw glass around...you're a dick! Now that I've said that, lets have some fun!! :D
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

Re: Official 2015 Pillow Fight band?

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:45 am

Also, it is not my intention in any way to turn this into another lack of bands thread. We already have like 20 of those. Trying to keep it fun and positive. :D
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:49 am

Hm, I'm curious. Why did this happen specifically at Raven?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:58 am

Stained Class wrote:Hm, I'm curious. Why did this happen specifically at Raven?

That my friend is the magic fucking question!
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:30 am

I came out of my cabin after a (not so quick) nap and found out I missed it. Dammit. :cry:
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Melusine
    Oiler

by Melusine » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:04 am

I heard from someone that the band was the one spreading the word to bring pillows to their set for a pillow fight. I am kind of sad that I missed it.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Coz Pillar had nothing else going on.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:34 pm

The official pillow fight band is ORIGIN!!! I guess the band want this and its a one time thing. Any other pillow fights during other sets are henceforth deemed FALSE!

Anyway, this is going to be awesome!!! :shred:
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:57 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:The official pillow fight band is ORIGIN!!! I guess the band want this and its a one time thing. Any other pillow fights during other sets are henceforth deemed FALSE!

1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:20 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:The official pillow fight band is ORIGIN!!! I guess the band want this and its a one time thing. Any other pillow fights during other sets are henceforth deemed FALSE!

First or Second Origin set?
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Castroh wrote:

I can't miss that!
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Castroh wrote:

First set, I believe.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:21 am

Yes, I believe the band specifically requested the pillow fight for the 1st set only. Hopefully it'll be on the first day.

Yes Brian, death to false pillow fights. :lol:
    jeff_tentacles
    Oiler

by jeff_tentacles » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:46 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Yes, I believe the band specifically requested the pillow fight for the 1st set only. Hopefully it'll be on the first day.

Yes Brian, death to false pillow fights. :lol:

Yes, I also believe they're getting special ORIGIN pillow cases specifically for the occasion!
    2015 Survivor - 8256
    2016 ????
    WishList: Forbidden,Gojira,Goreguts,DeathspellOmega,PigDestroyer,KingParrot,UltraVomit,Cynic,Martyr,
    CarpathianForest,Krisiun,Ihsahn,SymphonyX,Macabre,Nile,Aborted,ElectroQuarterstaff,DreamTheater,
    KeepOfKalessin,OldMan'sChild,SpawnofPossession,Psycroptic,UliJonRoth,Hammerfall,AtTheGates,Opeth
    mpaled,Ghoul,Suffocation
Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1