Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1
Where do you book your pre-cruise hotel?
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

Where do you book your pre-cruise hotel?

by ANTIKRISS » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:00 am

Hey guys, the cruise is fully paid, the flight are booked, and now, we just need the hotel. We are getting there january 20th, and leaving the day after the cruise.

Is there a place when a lot of metalheads go? Any place to avoid?

Thanks!
    For The Horde!
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Where do you book your pre-cruise hotel?

by klons » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:28 am

Depends if you're staying in Miami or FLL. Sounds like we're going to be a bit split this year due to the port change.

I think we've completely filled up the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort in FLL, so aiming for something around there may be a good idea.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:20 am

I'm thinking to book Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:56 am

You can get a good selection and rock bottom prices on Hotels.com
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:27 pm

I recommend Ft. Lauderdale for sure since most of us are staying there. Somewhere along Hollywood Beach should be well for you if you want to see many cruisers before the Fest. I think there's a massive takeover in that area and I'm pretty sure that's where I'm booked. Need to check my reservation.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:17 pm

DarthDavy wrote:I'm thinking to book Holiday Inn Express Ft. Lauderdale Cruise-Airport

I booked this through a park-stay-cruise website, since we're driving down. Free parking is a Good Thing. :mrgreen:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:51 pm

We are at the Alhambra Beach Resort in Fort Lauderdale.. Not sure if many cruisers booked that hotel, it's kinda small, 14 rooms I think. But it's ranked #1 on trip advisor and it's a 5 minutes drivve from Port Everglades. We arrive on january 19th and we fly back to Montreal on the 26th.
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:03 pm

We gonna book this week, and we dont have a car, and we wont rent one. So we need to be able to walk to the beach (and port, if possible, or we'll just take a taxi)

Still dont know where to book! A little help is welcome!
    For The Horde!
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:50 pm

I am also in the process of scouting out hotels. What's cheap, nearby, and if possible has a shuttle service or whatnot to the port in the morning (I suppose I could take a cab but that's expensive...)
    Emily
    Crewman

by Emily » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:51 am

One thing to be aware of that I discovered when looking at hotels: a lot of them want a minimum week long stay, and won't say so on their website. You only find out after you email them, or try to book. Had I thought, I'd have kept all the emails saying so back when I booked hotels, so I'd have a list to provide of ones to avoid looking at if you'll not be there for at least a week (oh, hindsight, you fickle mistress).
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:17 am

Emily wrote:One thing to be aware of that I discovered when looking at hotels: a lot of them want a minimum week long stay, and won't say so on their website. You only find out after you email them, or try to book. Had I thought, I'd have kept all the emails saying so back when I booked hotels, so I'd have a list to provide of ones to avoid looking at if you'll not be there for at least a week (oh, hindsight, you fickle mistress).

Really??? wtf??

Please send us the list when you have the time, it will be very appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
    For The Horde!
    Emily
    Crewman

by Emily » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:13 am

ANTIKRISS wrote:
    Emily wrote:One thing to be aware of that I discovered when looking at hotels: a lot of them want a minimum week long stay, and won't say so on their website. You only find out after you email them, or try to book. Had I thought, I'd have kept all the emails saying so back when I booked hotels, so I'd have a list to provide of ones to avoid looking at if you'll not be there for at least a week (oh, hindsight, you fickle mistress).

Really??? wtf??

Please send us the list when you have the time, it will be very appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

I wish I could :( Seems the emails are all from too long ago, though, so they're not showing up in my deleted folder anymore. I do know, however, that The Ocean Inn (which looks gorgeous, and is where I'm booked for one day post cruise) does not have minimum stays. It was $120/night when I booked it, and is about a 15-20 minute walk from the area the Riptide Inn is located, which has pretty much been taken over by cruisers. It looks pretty nice, and is 91% recommended on Trip Advisor.

http://www.oceaninnhollywood.com/index2.html

The one I booked pre-cruise has a two night minimum, and has rooms ranging from $129USD to $215 USD, and most rooms have full kitchens. Also 91% recommended on Trip Advisor.
    http://marlinbeachside.com/
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:59 am

Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites.

http://hollywoodbeachside.com/

North Ocean Drive in Hollywood...

I think :oops:

Lost my confirmation email...

:P
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1