Post Reply 82 posts
Book an "impossible" band
  • LauraW
    Crewman

Re: Book an "impossible" band

by LauraW » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:09 pm

bodomdragon wrote:How about Shadow Gallery? They barely play live shows but for what I've heard they're amazing. This would be a dream addition for all prog fans, but I guess it's close to impossible for this to happen.

They played at Progpower last year. Wasn't my taste but most everyone thought they were incredible. If they can play that what makes them impossible for this?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:20 pm

LauraW wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:How about Shadow Gallery? They barely play live shows but for what I've heard they're amazing. This would be a dream addition for all prog fans, but I guess it's close to impossible for this to happen.

They played at Progpower last year. Wasn't my taste but most everyone thought they were incredible. If they can play that what makes them impossible for this?

I quite enjoyed them.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:37 pm

Capt.Howdy wrote:... are Reverend Bizzarre impossible enough? :D

RB would be a definite 2 setter for me. Gonna have to go look up what their status in recent years has been.

Edit - split up 7 years ago after a 12 year run... Seems possible but unlikely unless there's rumours of them discussing/contemplating a reunion
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:The Sins Of Thy Beloved

Dude, is that band still around? I thought they broke up after their second album. I used to love that band. I'd catch two sets of that.

They officially called it quits in 2013 after years of reunion rumors.

I didn't know that. I thought they called it quits way before that. I mean they haven't done anything after Perpetual Desolation and they didn't quit until after 10 years later??? Anyway if they got back together and played the boat I wouldn't object. I used to listen to that band quite a bit.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Dude, is that band still around? I thought they broke up after their second album. I used to love that band. I'd catch two sets of that.[/quote]

They officially called it quits in 2013 after years of reunion rumors.[/quote]

I didn't know that. I thought they called it quits way before that. I mean they haven't done anything after Perpetual Desolation and they didn't quit until after 10 years later??? Anyway if they got back together and played the boat I wouldn't object. I used to listen to that band quite a bit.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    LauraW wrote:

I quite enjoyed them.

Shadow Gallery: another band I haven't listened to for a very long time. Now that would be a very cool addition.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Capt.Howdy wrote:... are Reverend Bizzarre impossible enough? :D

RB would be a definite 2 setter for me. Gonna have to go look up what their status in recent years has been.

Edit - split up 7 years ago after a 12 year run... Seems possible but unlikely unless there's rumours of them discussing/contemplating a reunion

With a shortage of doom being an ongoing tradition on these cruises I would be ecstatic for Reverend Bizarre. Imagine them at night and the variety they would bring. I'm not the biggest champion of doom, but I am 100% for the possibility of this one. :death:
    RootOfAllEvil
    Crewman

by RootOfAllEvil » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Really impossible: DISSECTION :D

Not technically impossible, and would be really cool: BATTLELORE
    Hey guys, take a break from your break and come on broad!
    angelyuyo
    Petty Officer

by angelyuyo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:39 am

SABBAT! That all
    2011DONE
    2012 DONE
    BARGE TO HELL DONE
    2013 DONE
    2014 DONE
    2015 DONE
    2016 BEST LINEUP EVER DONE
    2017 DONE
    2018DONE
    2019 Done
    2020 I need my booking code
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:13 pm

In case my sn isn't evidence enough, my impossible band would be Edge of Sanity :death:
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:00 am

Impossible band? mmm WASP would be one.

Wish list 2020: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond, Churchburn, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:39 am

EpidemicReign wrote:In case my sn isn't evidence enough, my impossible band would be Edge of Sanity :death:

That would Be a great announcement !!!!! :cry:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:08 pm

angelyuyo wrote:SABBAT! That all

Which one? The Andy Sneap one, or the Japanese one?
    I know I've said this before, but what's up with the lack of Japanese bands on all these cruises?
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:58 am

Malmsteen and Rainbow with Blackmore = impossible...but would be great
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:22 am

We have so few new bands that we dream about "impossible" bands that s*x ! :?
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:26 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

I know I've said this before, but what's up with the lack of Japanese bands on all these cruises?

I think because outside of hardcore metal geeks (or Japan nuts, or actual Asian people, for that matter), most of Japan's metal bands are really unknown. That, and although English is a compulsory subject in Japanese schools, a lot of the bands probably don't speak it very well or forgot most of it after high school. Language barriers are a bitch.

Japan has lots of good metal bands, of course. Seems a good number of them are grindcore (if I remember right, AxCx had a small following there). I'd trust a pick of a pretty unknown Japanese band. Taiwan also has some damn good metal.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:56 pm

SaraMarie wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

I'd trust a pick of a pretty unknown Japanese band.

Would be interesting!
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:19 pm

EpidemicReign wrote:In case my sn isn't evidence enough, my impossible band would be Edge of Sanity :death:

Anything involving Dan S. would be great (or better yet, a few of his many projects).
    Had the privilege of seeing and meeting him only once. It's not like he's in the U.S. that often.....
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:19 am

I guess Devin Townsend would be in that 'impossible' category.

Shame that. It would be most awesome.

Wish list 2020: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond, Churchburn, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:00 am

Cardest wrote:I guess Devin Townsend would be in that 'impossible' category.

Seconded. Devin Townsend would be freakin' awesome.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:10 pm

I don't think so. He had a great time on the prog cruise.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:41 am

SaraMarie wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

I think because outside of hardcore metal geeks (or Japan nuts, or actual Asian people, for that matter), most of Japan's metal bands are really unknown. That, and although English is a compulsory subject in Japanese schools, a lot of the bands probably don't speak it very well or forgot most of it after high school. Language barriers are a bitch.

Japan has lots of good metal bands, of course. Seems a good number of them are grindcore (if I remember right, AxCx had a small following there). I'd trust a pick of a pretty unknown Japanese band. Taiwan also has some damn good metal.

Ok, so that reasoning seems logical, but I suspect it might be something else. Now tell me why we haven't had any Australian bands?
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:42 am

Cardest wrote:I guess Devin Townsend would be in that 'impossible' category.

Wait...why is Devin in the impossible realm? I suspect he is quite possible. I guess he made some 70k comments while on the prog cruise. If not Devin' Townsend Project, maybe an SYL reunion??? Who could complain about that?
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:34 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Ok, so that reasoning seems logical, but I suspect it might be something else. Now tell me why we haven't had any Australian bands?

yeah, bring on Sadistik Exekution, The Amenta, Blood Duster, Destroyer 666, or even Mortification :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:15 am

Yeah man, I just can't see it happening. I wish it would but.

Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:17 am

Speaking of probably impossbile......
    ....if only....

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:41 pm

Cardest wrote:Speaking of probably impossbile......
    ....if only....

Why are Emperor impossible? Too big/expensive?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Varg-/--/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:44 am

Just Before Dawn.

An amazing Swedish old school death metal project. Sadly the guys have said that they have zero plans of ever playing live - mostly due to having so many guest vocalists from all over the world.
    So, yes, they'd be my number one impossible wish. And somewhat relevant in that they're releasing their new album in a couple of weeks.

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:05 am

I was listening to "Musique" last night and realized it would be awesome to see a Theatre of Tragedy reunion onbroad.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

by Nocturnalbunny » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Mine would be Carpathian Forest. Since Natterfrost is sober I would imagine a cruise is the last place he'd want to be. There are a slew of other things I could list as well, but this band would have my vote for impossible.
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    CountArioch wrote:
    feanorfelagund wrote:is it... Burzum? dude who stabbed some other band in the face and now makes all his albums in a scandanavian prison or something... yeh wouldn't wanna see him

Varg's been out since 2009. He moved to France and is now a neo-nazi. He is also writing a table-top pen and paper RPG based around nazi philosophy.

None of what I said is made up...

I thought he got thrown back in jail recently?

Charges on "inciting racial hatred", 6 months on probation and 8k Euros fine. Not that I'd be interested in having him onboard, plus his penal record would probably stop him from getting a US visa in the first place.

Mr.Kito wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    I'd trust a pick of a pretty unknown Japanese band.

Would be interesting!

Sex Machineguns reunion? As for unknown bands, you'd probably have to ask someone who lives there bout the underground scene. Or do an extensive metal-archives.com / youtube research.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:59 pm

John Zorn with Painkiller doing "Guts of a Virgin"
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:32 am

Lost Horizon reunion.
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:59 am

I have Ayreon in my wish list. Being all conceptual albums with different band singers and musicians it will be quite impossible but I would love to see Arjen with some other members playing any of Ayreon songs.
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:10 am

rockhound wrote:I have Ayreon in my wish list. Being all conceptual albums with different band singers and musicians it will be quite impossible but I would love to see Arjen with some other members playing any of Ayreon songs.

Yeah, Ayreon is pretty much the apex of impossibility in my metal world, too. Is it POSSIBLE? Sure...but the logistics would be hell. We tried to make this happen at ProgPower USA many years ago...and after all was said and done, even with substantial support from potential sponsors (including myself), it just wasn't financially feasible.

Then again, I once considered Therion to be impossible to book for ProgPower (or any US appearance), and then it happened...not once, but twice. So sometimes miracles DO occur...but it'd take a pretty damned big one to book Ayreon.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:52 am

rockhound wrote:I have Ayreon in my wish list. Being all conceptual albums with different band singers and musicians it will be quite impossible but I would love to see Arjen with some other members playing any of Ayreon songs.

Star One has played Ayreon songs live. I feel like that may be slightly in the realm of possibility although difficult to do. Plus, it would mean more Russell Allen.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:11 am

All the bands I want to see.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:19 am

Razor Ramon wrote:All the bands I want to see.

I hope you're wrong, I'd LOVE to have Ghost Brigade (the new album... daaaaaamn!), and In Mourning, Nightwish, Kalmah, Ayreon and Wintersun would be great too. Btw I still think you Anneke's fans will get something - or maybe even more than one thing - this year.
    Wishlist:

• GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:14 pm

My impossible dream band?

A Sentenced Reunion (less Miika Tenkula - RIP)
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    2017#9531
    2018#9847
    2019#8113
  • Nocturnalbunny
    Oiler

by Nocturnalbunny » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:24 am

I like the way you think. If they did a full set with Taneli Jarva on vocals.....that is so impossible it upsets me to even think about how impossible it is.