Post Reply 81 posts
Andy, now you should give us... BABYMETAL!!!!
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

Andy, now you should give us... BABYMETAL!!!!

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:56 am

BABYMETAL would be the best show of the cruise for sure!!

DO IT!!

plz
    For The Horde!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Andy, now you should give us... BABYMETAL!!!!

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:17 am

Oh, come on. Hasn't this joke already run its course?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:23 am

Would still be better than Sonata Arctica
    For The Horde!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:58 am

Almost anything is better than Sonata Arctica. Not sure if Babymetal is though. ;)
    Wishlist:
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:28 am

I sure hope you're not serious! This is a metal cruise, remember? :headbanger: :headbanger:
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:33 am

I actually like Babymetal. I think we should greet our little sisters from across the Pacific with open arms!
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:03 am

Gandalf: They are more metal than any power metal band anyway.
    For The Horde!
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:55 am

Please no . BUt Chthonic !
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:23 am

:shock: Fuck babymetal. I don't care if this is a joke or not. I am not cool with this post. :evil:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:48 am

Yeah, I'll pass.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:46 am

Just really didn't need another thread for same conversation.

Chthonic and Loudness threads would make much more sense :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:18 pm

Nope.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:20 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:Gandalf: They are more metal than any power metal band anyway.

There's nothing metal about them. Come on! Even Poison is more metal!
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:04 pm

Gandalf wrote:
    ANTIKRISS wrote:Gandalf: They are more metal than any power metal band anyway.

There's nothing metal about them. Come on! Even Poison is more metal!

I think the exact same thing about Sonata Arctica.
    For The Horde!
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:22 pm

I think Babymetal would be kind of fun. There's a few songs that are okay, and a couple that I hate with a passion. I definitely wouldn't do two sets. But, I'm a big dork for Japan, whatever.

To the people who said Chthonic: fuck yeah! I'll even take some Silent Hell or Tengger Calvary, while we're naming Asian bands. C'mon, let's not just go with Europe and America. Send a scouting party to the East!
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    ttiger
    Crewman

by ttiger » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:07 pm

im a BM fan because i think they are awesome, this is personnel taste.

For begining, the recurring pedo comment are just idiot, those who sexualized this girls are the pervert and have some issue in their brain, westerner are obsessed with sex and see sex and perversion everywhere, but at the same time they hypocriticaly watch trash tv show such as Toddlers & Tiaras . Im not sexualize them, they are just entertainment and i think they are fun and pretty original by mixing metal sound with Jpop.

As a manga/anime fan, Japanese culture fan, Japaneses horror/gore fan, as jpop fan, as a metal fan and as weird musical act fan BM is like a mixture of many thing i like. So when they came out it was like an «eureka»! all was just so perfect at my ears and eyes.

For the debate metal vs non metal, art vs product etc.. this is a childish debate! BM are actuality metal «performer» support by a very skillful metal band with a lot of very well known musician in the japanese metal world Takayoshi Ohmura (guitar), Leda (guitar), BOH (bass) and Aoyama Hideki (drum). Those guys are like their protector and give them their metal «credential» in the metal world. Also BM is marketed inside the metal media and not inside the otaku/idols scene, this is something pretty unusual for a Japanese idol group.

For the «they dont know metal» you have to understand one thing, they are relatively young and have all their time to explore the metal world. For now and for a long time, you have to see BM as a musical on Broadway or like a Disney adventure. Even, if they don't know metal, or are not «really» into metal, they are like actress and are their to give their 110% and entertain you as best as they can. They are just normal teen in their normal life and in concert they become su-metal, moametal and yuimetal, 3 female kawaii metal soldier that are their to make you smile and have fun.They have been chosen for they talent and personality and because they are very professional and accomplish artist despite their young age. They are Japanese for god sake, a complete different way to see life, art and work.

For the art vs product, you have to understand that the creative behind BM is kobametal, their manager and producer, this is the art of kobametal and HE is the metal fan that make all this happen. A japanese metalhead pushing his ideas and thought inside the big Japanese music industry, this guy deserve respect for what he is doing, pushing metal music inside a very powerful and controlling industry.

Well that all for now ive to go to work
    Within temptation, Deathstars, BABYMETAL, Draconian, Diablo Swing Orchestra, OOmph, Megahertz, Dimmu Borgir, Eisbreche, Pain, HEAVENWOOD, HIM, Dope Stars Inc., Ram-Zet, After Forever, The Birthday Massacre, The 69 eyes, Turmion Kätilöt
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:22 pm

I think anything that makes the "true metal fans" fly into a rage, simply by not conforming to what metal is supposed to be, must be onto something. I'd probably check out a set if they were on the boat.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:57 pm

acidbasement wrote:I think anything that makes the "true metal fans" fly into a rage, simply by not conforming to what metal is supposed to be, must be onto something. I'd probably check out a set if they were on the boat.

They call themselves "Kawaii Metal". It really is adorable. Also, I'm with you on the "true metal fans" thing. Then again, I also tend to like the more folkish metal which is usually about love and respect for nature, ancient heroes, partying, getting laid, and life and I probably am not considered a "true" metalhead either.
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:11 pm

acidbasement wrote:I think anything that makes the "true metal fans" fly into a rage, simply by not conforming to what metal is supposed to be, must be onto something. I'd probably check out a set if they were on the boat.

THIS.

Babymetal is absurd and that's why I like 'em. Although if the "scouting party" does travel to Japan, I'd much prefer Sigh or Maximum the Hormone.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:34 pm

Get real! Might as well add some guitars and drums to 1 Direction and invite them on the boat!
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:45 pm

Gandalf wrote:Get real! Might as well add some guitars and drums to 1 Direction and invite them on the boat!

Would be nice.

Andy, there is a nice challange for you!
    For The Horde!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:56 pm

The only reason they are so popular is because there's kids singing.Nothing the band do is out of the ordinary.It's all very mediocre metal.Plenty of bands playing the same style but a lot better.
    The don't stand out though because they don't have a gimmick going for them.
    And thats the sad part of this.
    If this band didn't have a gimmick they were trying to go for in the first place they'd be nobodies.Every band has to have some kind of gimmick angle to get noticed.
    Metal is turning into a fucking circus.
    Anyway Baby metal is shit and shouldn't be on the cruise.
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:28 pm

Seconding the request to sign 1 Direction.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:14 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:
    Gandalf wrote:Get real! Might as well add some guitars and drums to 1 Direction and invite them on the boat!

Would be nice.

Andy, there is a nice challange for you!

It would be nice to watch them lose their collective heavy metal v-cards.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:21 pm

So you're saying the horribly bad bands are the new extreme metal?
    Even if people focus more on the obviously commercially crafted image of Babymetal doesn't mean they like other aspects of them. The music is just plain bad. IMO, any band that has a "shocking" (whatever that may be) gimmick, is just trying to draw attention away from the music.
    I do get it that Babymetal is mostly a Japanese thing, but that alone does not make them worth listening.

And the most annoying thing in metal nowadays is people who keep preaching about their favourite even if they know everyone else hates them. "Do you have a moment to hear about *insert band name*?" If you like them, fine, go listen to them and stop trying to make everyone else a believer.
    Wishlist:
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:53 am

Me not liking babymetal isn't about "being true metal" so you guys can take your PC crap and shove it. This is a shitty band with shitty tunes. It's pop music pure and simple and a gimmick. Sure, GWAR is a gimmick but at least they played their own instruments for the most part. I know there's a lot of you on here that want to crusade for the underdog, but get real. :bitch:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:53 am

Don't bring politics into this, dude. There is nothing "PC" about anyone's argument, that has nothing to do with anything. No one cares about your political orientation, so stop trying to shove it into the conversation.

If you can't, then just start posting pictures of your dick, because that's what you're doing, shoving your dick where we don't want it.
    Last edited by CountArioch on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:47 am

To be honest, I don't really like their music, but when any other band gets announced, some people like them and some don't care. This is a band that turns people's ambivalence into active rage. I find it curious, that's all.
    They'd never play the cruise anyway, because as kids playing in such a controversial band, they'd need a safe "musicians only" area where there'd be no drunk people yelling at them about how they don't belong on a metal cruise.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:21 pm

acidbasement wrote:To be honest, I don't really like their music, but when any other band gets announced, some people like them and some don't care. This is a band that turns people's ambivalence into active rage. I find it curious, that's all.
    They'd never play the cruise anyway, because as kids playing in such a controversial band, they'd need a safe "musicians only" area where there'd be no drunk people yelling at them about how they don't belong on a metal cruise.

It's not really rocket science.The reason it causes this much annoyance is if one pop band gets booked then it opens the gateway for other bands like this to play.
    Sure look at Wacken and the Wacken cruise.Perfect example.Some decent long going bands playing of course.And then all of a sudden they try book Avenged sevenfold and other shit.They even had a metal/dubstep crossover band playing both their cruise and festival. Eskimo rent boy or something they are called.
    I love the way people are so fast to bash people as elitist for not likeing certain mainstream bands.These so called elitists have given the time to listen to said garbage though and given it an honest oppinion.I'd be curious to know how many of these anti elitists have listned to bands suggested by those people.Probably few and far.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:45 pm

Please try and keep it civil and productive guys. No need for shove-its and dick comments. We tend to try to treat each other like family here k?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:33 pm

I think anyone who shells out the time, money, and effort to be a passenger on this boat is probably going to be a metal fan of the highest order, whether they dislike Babymetal or not. Disliking them doesn't make anyone elitist/snobby, just as liking them doesn't mean someone is less of a metal fan.
    Whatever, it'll be easier to discuss this over drinks on the boat. I doubt if it'll turn into a fistfight. :3drunks:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:56 am

I'm quite shocked to see Babymetal has been the second most conflictive topic in this forum in a long time - right after the six months silence last year :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:33 am

Meh, nothing to worry about as Andy would never book BabyMetal anyway.

I can't imagine ever buying their albums.

Kinda fun to watch. Kids getting into metal is a great thing.

They'd get booked on the Motorboat more likely.

But c'mon, there's better metal acts from Japan than them.
    Metalucifer!!!!!!!

SIGH
    COFFINS

Anyway....

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:43 am

There has never been a band from Japan on the cruise yet, has there?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:03 am

....And another thing, they would never play the cruise!
    Not with the Pool Girls roaming around aimlessly in nothing.
    What were those names this year?
    BabyHoneyMetalSpanks or something?
    Just look at the ones in g-strings and fishnets!
    No kids on board!!

• DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:11 am

CountArioch wrote:Don't bring politics into this, dude. There is nothing "PC" about anyone's argument, that has nothing to do with anything. No one cares about your political orientation, so stop trying to shove it into the conversation.

If you can't, then just start posting pictures of your dick, because that's what you're doing, shoving your dick where we don't want it.

Whatever man, I'm not into politics. Enjoy your damn hero complex.
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:12 am

Cardest wrote:Meh, nothing to worry about as Andy would never book BabyMetal anyway.

I can't imagine ever buying their albums.

Kinda fun to watch. Kids getting into metal is a great thing.

They'd get booked on the Motorboat more likely.

But c'mon, there's better metal acts from Japan than them.
    Metalucifer!!!!!!!

SIGH
    COFFINS

Anyway....

Fuck yeah man, Metalucifer rules. I'd love some metal from Japan on the boat, especially Metalucifer! :shred:
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:12 am

Metalucifer would be dope, and I would also like to throw in a vote for Chthonic. Seeing them live on the boat would be AWESOME. Someone representing the Asian territories :bmhorns:

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:23 am

Sigh or Loudness would be cool.
    Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:22 pm

No chance of BabyMetal, not even for Motorboat, because of their age.

As for other Japanese bands, my pick would be Church of Misery or Boris.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
Post Reply 81 posts