Discuss anything related to 70000TONS OF METAL
User

CountArioch

Rank

Petty Officer

Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:37 am

Re: Andy, now you should give us... BABYMETAL!!!!

by CountArioch » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:48 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Please try and keep it civil and productive guys. No need for shove-its and dick comments. We tend to try to treat each other like family here k?

Fine. Yo DJ, truce?
User

Laura

Rank

Commander

Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am

cloud 9 chicago

by Laura » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:01 am

So, i finally watched a bunch of Babymetal videos. :P I figured it was about time after so many discussions on the Facebook group & now here.

I must say I found the videos entertaining, if for no other reason than the novelty & the obvious highly polished "gimmick." I think the girls are absolutely adorable, but that is coming from my perspective as a mom of two young teen girls who I think are adorable too. ;) I understand why some people raise a suspicious eyebrow when adult men show a seemingly "overzealous" attraction to them. I am by NO MEANS accusing anyone of anything unsavory here though - that would be unfair. We each can like a thousand different things for a thousand different reasons, and I am making no judgement whatsoever in this context.

As far as people being unhappy about BM invading metal "turf" - I understand that sentiment too, although I personally couldn't care less on that point. Metal to me is a very "Big Tent." When I consider some of my favorite performers I've seen over the years...hmmm - take Mortuus of Marduk (have seen 5 or so times) & Tarja (who I've seen solo twice) - those two in my view have about as much in common with one another as a performance by Die Antwoord (who I recently saw at Riot Fest - gaaah, are they effing weird :shock: although I must admit I enjoyed them :lol: ) and a Chicago Symphony Orchestra concert. Yet, Marduk & Tarja (and Nightwish) are both called "Metal."
2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
User

FrenchMachoBoy

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:55 am

Paris, France, Europe, Earth, World

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:40 am

I fully support this idea of BABYMETAL on board ! So much better than many trendy bands !
+AGENT STEEL+BOMBERS+BULLDOZER+CANDLEMASS+CORONER+DARK ANGEL+DORO+IHSAHN+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MANILLA ROAD+MASTER+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+PROTECTOR+RAZOR+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+VENOM+VOIVOD
User

TOM CRUISE

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Everett, WA USA

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: They can be added. More time for me to catch a real band and/or eat something or take a break
70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 -CABIN 7386- Barge to hell -2012
User

Cardest

Rank

Petty Officer

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am

Sydney, Australia

by Cardest » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:05 am

hahaha It'll never happen as the cruise will have those Pool Girls
roaming around in g-strings again.

Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer

El Presidente of the Dangerous Fans & the Fivey Group
User

Cardest

Rank

Petty Officer

Sydney, Australia

by Cardest » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:07 am

.....and that means, no kids on the cruise. I guess.
But you are never too young to rock!!

Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer

User

Cardest

Rank

Petty Officer

Sydney, Australia

by Cardest » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:08 am

So hang on, is the 70 event an all ages event?

It's never something I have even bothered to give a second thought to before.

Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer

User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:28 am

Yup, it's an all ages event. There's been kids on the boat on all previous cruises.
Wishlist:
SABATON / ARKONA / HEIDEVOLK / KILPI / SLAYER
FOLK METAL / THRASH METAL
User

acidbasement

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Erickson, Manitoba

by acidbasement » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:24 am

I'd be taking my kids (5 and 7 years old) if I could afford it. I'm hoping that at least the older one will want to come to Eluveitie, Tyr, and Metsatoll with me next week. He loves Tyr, but I think he's a bit intimidated by the prospect of going to a concert.
Korpiklaani-/-In.Extremo-/-Alestorm-/-Aeternam-/-Battle.Beast-/-Threshold-/-Moonspell-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Civil.War-/-Wederganger-/-Scarab-/-Kontrust-/-Gloryhammer-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Heathen.Foray-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars-/-Metsatöll-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Vogelfrey
User

DJ Old Man Stares

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Portland, OR U.S.A.

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:34 am

CountArioch wrote:
ShoreSlayer wrote:Please try and keep it civil and productive guys. No need for shove-its and dick comments. We tend to try to treat each other like family here k?

Fine. Yo DJ, truce?

Sure.

Btw, I have no idea where that dick comment came from, but whatever.
Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
User

DJ Old Man Stares

Rank

Midshipman

Portland, OR U.S.A.

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:37 am

Memnoch wrote:Yup, it's an all ages event. There's been kids on the boat on all previous cruises.

Yep, I think every year I've been on there were kids on the boat and by kids I mean 5 year olds. I can't imagine being a kid and trying to take in that environment. Hell, I could barely take in the environment at the age of 32. :lol:
Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:22 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:I fully support this idea of BABYMETAL on board ! So much better than many trendy bands !

?????They are the trend right now. come on, they played with Lady Gaga :?
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-Amorphis-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-Benidiction-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-DementedTed-/--Entrails-/-Exhumed-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-Necrophobic-/-NuclearAssault-/-OctoberTide-/-NapalmDeath-/-Sepulturia(20yearsRootsw/MaxandIgore)-/-Tiamat-/-VoiVod-/-Wilt-/-Nailbomb-/-FudgeTunnel-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-Godflesh
ok for a start
User

Cardest

Rank

Petty Officer

Sydney, Australia

by Cardest » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:08 am

ahhhh Ok. I can't remember seeing any kids on any of the 3 cruises I been on.

I just assumed with all the naughty bits almost exposed it was over 18s.

Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer

User

Cardest

Rank

Petty Officer

Sydney, Australia

by Cardest » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:11 am

And not that I am against the Pool girls, I just have zero interest in them.
I HATE bras. They wear to much bras and makes me vomit.
And no that ain't sea sickness either. haha

Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer

User

CountArioch

Rank

Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:09 am

Noob question, what are these pool girls that y'all keep referring to?
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:00 am

Wishlist:
SABATON / ARKONA / HEIDEVOLK / KILPI / SLAYER
FOLK METAL / THRASH METAL
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm

London, England.

by doomguy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:32 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
Memnoch wrote:Yup, it's an all ages event. There's been kids on the boat on all previous cruises.

Yep, I think every year I've been on there were kids on the boat and by kids I mean 5 year olds. I can't imagine being a kid and trying to take in that environment. Hell, I could barely take in the environment at the age of 32. :lol:

Just regular cruisers, with their parents. It would be a bit different though if they were band members.
2012: 2093
2015: 8671
2016: 7515

2016 Wishlist:
AHAB-(old)Anathema-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AnimalsAsLeaders-Borknagar-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Emperor(Anthems.to.the.Welkin.at.Dusk)-Meshuggah-NeOblivscaris-Nile-ProphetsOfRage-SolitudeAeturnus-SpiralArchitect-TheatreOfTragedy(reunion)-VanCanto

My new years resolution is 1366 x 768
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Cardest wrote:And not that I am against the Pool girls, I just have zero interest in them.

I also have no interest in the pool girls.

2016 Wishlist:
AHAB-(old)Anathema-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AnimalsAsLeaders-Borknagar-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Emperor(Anthems.to.the.Welkin.at.Dusk)-Meshuggah-NeOblivscaris-Nile-ProphetsOfRage-SolitudeAeturnus-SpiralArchitect-TheatreOfTragedy(reunion)-VanCanto

User

CountArioch

Rank

Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:39 am

Conrad wrote:
Cardest wrote:And not that I am against the Pool girls, I just have zero interest in them.

I think I'd like to at least meet them before I make the decision about whether I care about them or not. They might be cool chicks.
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:21 am

CountArioch wrote:
Conrad wrote:

I think I'd like to at least meet them before I make the decision about whether I care about them or not. They might be cool chicks.

You're right, but so might be all the other girls that use the pool, so what's special about the Pool Girls?

2016 Wishlist:

User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:15 am

Conrad wrote:
CountArioch wrote:I think I'd like to at least meet them before I make the decision about whether I care about them or not. They might be cool chicks.

You're right, but so might be all the other girls that use the pool, so what's special about the Pool Girls?

Boobs.
Wishlist:
Accept--Aeternam--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Battle.Beast--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--DREAM.EVIL--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonspell--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--Nightwish--Onslaught--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Pyramaze--Sabaton--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: Survivor | 2018: BOOKED
User

Mr.Kito

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am

São Paulo, Brasil

by Mr.Kito » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:56 am

Conrad wrote:

I also have no interest in bras
2018.: Accept-Adrenaline.Mob-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Aneurose-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Doro-Edguy--Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Grand.Magus-Hazy-HellArise-In.Flames-Kreator-Kontrust-Mors.Principium.Est-Nevermore-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Soilwork-Subway.To.Sally-Susperia-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-TriOsphere-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Unexpect-Warrel.Dane
2013-Survivor
2014-Survivor
2015-Survivor
2016- :(
2017- :(
2018-BOOKED!
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:13 am

bodomdragon wrote:
Conrad wrote:
CountArioch wrote:I think I'd like to at least meet them before I make the decision about whether I care about them or not. They might be cool chicks.

Boobs.

Yes, but what's special about them though? I mean what makes the Pool Girls unique that the other girls don't have?

2016 Wishlist:

User

AmelieM

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed May 08, 2013 3:46 am

Quebec City

by AmelieM » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Conrad wrote:Yes, but what's special about them though? I mean what makes the Pool Girls unique that the other girls don't have?

A free cabin for the cruise? Haha!

Seriously, I know a couple of the pool girls, and they are cool chicks and they love metal just as much as you and I.
This summer, they worked promoting the cruise at festivals around the world (not a bad job, if you ask me! ;) )
Yes, they look good, they have boobs and they are sexy. But guess what, sex sells!

As for what they actually do on the boat, I don't really know since they weren't there when I went on the cruise.
I think they're there to entertain, give out towels, put sunscreen on ppl... and have fun!

Edit: I should have written "they weren't working when I went on the cruise". Because some of them were there, but as normal passengers.
Last edited by AmelieM on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
User

Mr.Kito

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am

São Paulo, Brasil

by Mr.Kito » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Seriously speaking and simply put,

AmelieM wrote: sex sells!
2018.: Accept-Adrenaline.Mob-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Aneurose-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Doro-Edguy--Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Grand.Magus-Hazy-HellArise-In.Flames-Kreator-Kontrust-Mors.Principium.Est-Nevermore-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Soilwork-Subway.To.Sally-Susperia-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-TriOsphere-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Unexpect-Warrel.Dane
2013-Survivor
2014-Survivor
2015-Survivor
2016- :(
2017- :(
2018-BOOKED!
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Ensign

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:43 pm

Conrad wrote:
bodomdragon wrote:
Conrad wrote:You're right, but so might be all the other girls that use the pool, so what's special about the Pool Girls?

Boobs.

Yes, but what's special about them though? I mean what makes the Pool Girls unique that the other girls don't have?

I was just kidding, I don't really care much about them. I mean, yes, I find Sam super hot and sexy, but I'm not there for the hot chicks.
Wishlist:
Accept--Aeternam--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Battle.Beast--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--DREAM.EVIL--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Freedom.Call--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonspell--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--Nightwish--Onslaught--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Pyramaze--Sabaton--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017: Survivor | 2018: BOOKED
User

CountArioch

Rank

Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Conrad wrote:You're right, but so might be all the other girls that use the pool, so what's special about the Pool Girls?

I guess we'll all find out in January. I'm not really going to the cruise to "talk to chick", I'm going there to catch some music, maybe discover some new bands I might like, and hand out with other metal fans who might be men or women. Trust me, I'm sharing a room with 3 random dudes I've never met before. I'm not going to try to bring women back to the room, that would be rude.
User

ANTIKRISS

Rank

Petty Officer

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Montréal, Québec.

by ANTIKRISS » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:13 am

I want to be a pool girl.
For The Horde!
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:03 am

CountArioch wrote:

I guess we'll all find out in January. I'm not really going to the cruise to "talk to chick", I'm going there to catch some music, maybe discover some new bands I might like, and hand out with other metal fans who might be men or women. Trust me, I'm sharing a room with 3 random dudes I've never met before. I'm not going to try to bring women back to the room, that would be rude.

I hear ya. Too many shows to see, things to do and little time to be distracted by that stuff. My rooms gonna be stinky anyway so girls won't want to come back there, 'cause, err... Bill Humphrey farts a lot! :P

2016 Wishlist:

User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:58 am

2016 Wishlist:

User

DJ Old Man Stares

Rank

Midshipman

Portland, OR U.S.A.

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:51 pm

CountArioch wrote:

Dude, I talked to a couple of pool girls and I really can't justify any hate toward them. They were cool for the most part and they were actual metalheads who were musically familiar with the bands on the cruises. Also, I do know of a couple whom had to pay to get on the 2013 cruise, so they're not sucking dick for a free ride. They've done nothing wrong to me, so I say bring em on.
User

Jotunheimr

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm

Reno, Nevada

by Jotunheimr » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:01 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
CountArioch wrote:

Dude, I talked to a couple of pool girls and I really can't justify any hate toward them. They were cool for the most part and they were actual metalheads who were musically familiar with the bands on the cruises. Also, I do know of a couple whom had to pay to get on the 2013 cruise, so they're not sucking dick for a free ride. They've done nothing wrong to me, so I say bring em on.

Yeah they're cool chicks and everything but what do they do besides promoting the cruise and making sure metalheads don't become lobsters in the Caribbean sun? Do they take drink orders?
Last edited by Jotunheimr on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015: 6511
2016: 7455
2018: Sooooooon

Trans-SiberianOrchestra-/-Savatage-/-JonOliva'sPain-/-CircleIICircle-/-Sabaton-/-Nightwish-/-Wintersun-/-Ensiferum-/-Turisas-/-Korpiklaani-/-Eluveitie-/-Arkona-/-InExtremo-/-Finntroll-/-Tyr-/-Heidevolk-/-Alestorm-/-AdornedBrood-/-Thyrfing-/-Skyforger-/-Primordial-/-Waylander-/-Metsatoll-/-Elvenking-/-Wilderun-/-RiotV-/-YngwieJMalmsteen-/-Ayreon-/-IcedEarth-/-BlindGuardian-/-GammaRay-/-Firewind-/-Dragonforce-/-Rhapsody-/-Stratovarius-/-Hammerfall-/-Delain-/-Blackmore'sNight-/-Spellblast-/-Watain-/-CarachAngren-/-ChildrenOfBodom-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Borknagar-/-Varg-/-Solstafir-/-Isengard-/-Kampfar-/-Kreator-/-Voivod-/-Exodus-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-Behemoth-/-MunicipalWaste-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-CarpathianForest-/-BlackMessiah-/-LostSociety-/-RottingChrist-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Ulver-/-Arcturus-/-Melechesh-/-Necrophagist-/-Be'lakor-/-Bloodbath-/-Gorguts-/-Krisiun-/-Septicflesh-/-Fallujah-/-Starkill-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Dååth
User

alex_canada

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Winnipeg

by alex_canada » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:39 pm

My observations about that:

Walk around and offer sunscreen
Walk around and actually put the sunscreen on if you're attractive enough (or something, I don't know what their criteria was)
Stop walking around and all assemble in a line whenever one of the cruisers or media wants a picture
Occasionally block people's sight lines when someone official wants a good shot
Cause controversy

Yes, I've talked to them, they all like metal and they're very nice. So are most people onbroad. It's always been a strange feature to me and I don't quite grasp its purpose other than tacit objectification of pool girls and the cruisers they interact with.
3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Blink 182, Chthonic, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Pagan's Mind, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
User

ttiger

Rank

Crewman

Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:59 pm

by ttiger » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:58 am

I am a BM fan but also new wave of Jmetal fan, some of you seem interested about japan band but most people just talk about old , or more known band, so if you are interested to know more new japeneses metal band just follow me :)
here are a couple of cool japaneses band if you want more just let me know

Power Metal

Gauntlet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-siEIQGdC4

Galneryus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KN3ju3xPmo

Jupiter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xQM778WyeE

Kamijo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkaHvacCK1Q

All Female metal some of this band are just so Over the top and the have absolutely nothing to envy to any western male metaller

Cythia - this ladies kill!!
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1t1z ... ings_music

Mary's Blood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLM2unV0kwU

Aldious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQkhio7glys

Destrose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_PoRIJxuDE

Melodic Death

Gyze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1XbEDnThsk

Galmet (all girls)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnvrOLeRt-I

New Metal-Metalcore

Dazzle Vision - hot female singer!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVG_bBJU94A

Man with a mission
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzWcameJDow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lh1jDNxi0o

Crossfaith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu1CgWt26VI

ColdRain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZbALa9CVgA

One Ok Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZqcDYbvAE
Within temptation, Deathstars, BABYMETAL, Draconian, Diablo Swing Orchestra, OOmph, Megahertz, Dimmu Borgir, Eisbreche, Pain, HEAVENWOOD, HIM, Dope Stars Inc., Ram-Zet, After Forever, The Birthday Massacre, The 69 eyes, Turmion Kätilöt
User

Dutchguy-Tim

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:00 am

baymetal: fun, get them abroad
poolgirls: fun, get them abroad - ow wait

both are good. stop bitching. there will be enough fun for everyone to come around

is it january yet ? :viking: :viking:
Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:
DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Dude, I talked to a couple of pool girls and I really can't justify any hate toward them. They were cool for the most part and they were actual metalheads who were musically familiar with the bands on the cruises. Also, I do know of a couple whom had to pay to get on the 2013 cruise, so they're not sucking dick for a free ride. They've done nothing wrong to me, so I say bring em on.

Yeah they're cool chicks and everything but what do they do besides promoting the cruise and making sure metalheads don't become lobsters in the Caribbean sun? Do they take drink orders?

No hate, I just haven't really grasped it's purpose either. And I always supply my own sunscreen.

2016 Wishlist:

User

athun

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:00 pm

san diego

by athun » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:30 pm

i would rather watch babymetal than many bands on each cruise, but i know people like those other bands, so no big deal. why this promotes so much bitching is beyond me. you dont like them, watch something else. there a few classic rock bands on this boat, so clearly the metal line is blurry anyway.

i have met several of the pool girls and they are cool as shit and serious metalheads. if they like the gig, great for them! and i always forget my sunscreen, so thats a bonus. try talking to a couple of them before you judge them.

now, i would not be happy of this was still on the ship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMGVNh4pQE

:death:
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:20 am

athun wrote:i would rather watch babymetal than many bands on each cruise, but i know people like those other bands, so no big deal. why this promotes so much bitching is beyond me. you dont like them, watch something else. there a few classic rock bands on this boat, so clearly the metal line is blurry anyway.

i have met several of the pool girls and they are cool as shit and serious metalheads. if they like the gig, great for them! and i always forget my sunscreen, so thats a bonus. try talking to a couple of them before you judge them.

now, i would not be happy of this was still on the ship http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMGVNh4pQE

:death:

The difference between BabyMetal and classic rock bands is BM is a commercial product, manufactured from Japan Idol. None of the girls even knew what metal was before the groups inception. I don't really care. I'd never buy an album or listen to their music, but I've seen them live just for entertainment. I'm not judging the pool girls, just don't get it. Sure I'd talk to them, as I would talk to anyone. I treat everyone equally.

2016 Wishlist:

User

gundiesalvo

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

by gundiesalvo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Had no idea this even existed, first impression on Gimme Chocolate was "this is a joke, right?", then moved on to Megitsune "This isn't so bad", moved to Ijime, Dame Zettai "This would be very enjoyable if it wasn't for the extremely high pitch of the little two girls". Overall, it's a band I could probably enjoy, maybe even like if they cut down on the poppy/techno (and WTF is up with the rap thing?), but I am NOT interested in having them on the cruise, I feel there are bands I'd probably like more, plus it seems to me they're a heavy post-production band, which would mean Live would most likely either suck, or be lipsync..

Is it metal? sure, well some of it is, looks like it's trying to embrace a much wider audience though and loses a lot in the process by adopting elements from other styles (techno, pop, rap for what I've seen so far) with a predominance of JPop, so it's kind of hard to say if it's a JPop band with Metal influences or the other way around.
70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
70000 Tons 2016 ?
Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
User

DragonLordJones

Rank

Lieutenant

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Mayville, Wisconsin

by DragonLordJones » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:06 pm

how about a baby metal knock off from Korea Pritz
http://www.metalinjection.net/kids-toda ... ng-outrage :cheers: :beerhorns:
70000tons of Metal 2011 Deck5 5563 2012 Deck5 5063BARGE TO HELL Deck5 5563 2013 DECK6 60572014 ... deck4 4557 2015 Deck 7 7225 2016 deck? cabin?2017 deck6 room?2018 deck6 6693
PreviousNext