Post Reply 43 posts
What about some Rock n Roll?
    Capt.Howdy
    Crewman

What about some Rock n Roll?

by Capt.Howdy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:46 pm

We urgently need the Quireboys on board! :D
    wishlist 2015: TROUBLE, SABBAT, Candlemass, Procession, Lord Vicar, Triptycon, Count Raven, Krux, Bolt Thrower, Morgana Lefay, Sanctuary, Flotsam and Jetsam, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Exodus, Orchid, Forsaken (Malta), Skyclad, Riot....,
    Dundee
    Crewman

Re: What about some Rock n Roll?

by Dundee » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:18 pm

Rock'n'Roll is always good. Quireboys...yeeesssss. And Airbourne. And Great White. And Rose Tattoo.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:26 pm

As the amount of bands has increased from 40 to 60, I was hoping we'd get more rock/hard rock , than more "shouty/metalcore" shit.. I agree.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:15 am

With Chimaira cancelling I don't think we have any metalcore shite. Still, don't we have a couple of hard rock bands already. What we really need is some fucking DOOM METAL and hopefully more than one token Black Metal band this year.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:44 am

Dundee wrote:Rock'n'Roll is always good. Quireboys...yeeesssss. And Airbourne. And Great White. And Rose Tattoo.

Great White? That stuff would belong on an entirely other boat IMO.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:56 pm

I am already going to have enough down time as it is..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I am already going to have enough down time as it is..

Me as well.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:50 pm

SaraMarie wrote:
    Dundee wrote:Rock'n'Roll is always good. Quireboys...yeeesssss. And Airbourne. And Great White. And Rose Tattoo.

I think with 60 bands on board there's enough room for some less metallic bands. In the past we had Gotthard, Bonfire or Victory. Why not Great White? Lots of people are open mind for different genres. I like Death Metal, but also like traditional Heavy Metal, AOR, Prog-Metal etc. Bands like Great White are the perfect party sound under the caribean sun :cheers:
    Capt.Howdy
    Crewman

by Capt.Howdy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:43 am

Dundee wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:

I think with 60 bands on board there's enough room for some less metallic bands. In the past we had Gotthard, Bonfire or Victory. Why not Great White? Lots of people are open mind for different genres. I like Death Metal, but also like traditional Heavy Metal, AOR, Prog-Metal etc. Bands like Great White are the perfect party sound under the caribean sun :cheers:

I ve got the same opinion!
    I mostly listen to Doom-Metal Staff, but also Death- and Thrashmetal and sometimes i need some goodtimes Hardrock! :heavydrink:
    Especially of course the QUIREBOYS, but Cinderella, Mötley, Rose Tattoo, Backyard Babies...as well! :oops:
    wishlist 2015: TROUBLE, SABBAT, Candlemass, Procession, Lord Vicar, Triptycon, Count Raven, Krux, Bolt Thrower, Morgana Lefay, Sanctuary, Flotsam and Jetsam, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Exodus, Orchid, Forsaken (Malta), Skyclad, Riot....,
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:22 pm

I'd be totally okay with a couple of bands like Bonfire or Victory. Rock N' Roll is always fun. My vote would be for Helix or Alice Cooper.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:18 pm

I've been listening to a lot of Kontrust lately, and I think they'd be great on the boat. They totally rock like it don't matter, yo. And they have a new album out this fall.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:24 pm

Gotthard, Krokus, Alice Cooper,

Always awesome to listen to some rock n roll drinking some really cold beers in the afternoon at the pool deck. :beerbang:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:24 am

I'm seeing Motley Crue and Alice Cooper here later this fall.

Just saw Elton John a few weeks back and Tom Petty and Steve Winwood a month or so before that.

I've always enjoyed Cinderella's first album as well as lots of bands like Whitesnake, Krokus and lesser known stuff like Long John Baldry and Murray McLauchlin and have always been a big fan of most of Neil Young's work.

That said, this is 70,000 Tons of METAL and I'd hate to see any bookings that fall too far outside of that realm.

While the lines between rock and metal may blur at times when it comes to hair metal and hard rock bands from Great White to ACDC, I think it's pretty clear that artists like this belong on Rock festivals much more so than on Metal fests. I understand we've had Gotthard and Bonfire on past trips but they've really been the very rare exception to the type of bands Andy has booked. I wouldn't count on much more than one, possibly two bands that fall more into the rock than metal category this time around or on any future trips.

My votes are for Krokus and Steel Panther :P
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:28 am

Alice Cooper would be kinda fun
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:32 am

Azazel101 wrote:Alice Cooper would be kinda fun

Definitely looking forward to his set more than I am to Motley's. I haven't seen him perform since '87 when my then-partner was pregnant with our daughter who is now almost 27 :shock:

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:49 am

I think Alice Cooper is doing the Classic Rock cruise a couple of weeks after 70K 2015. I would probably rule him out this year.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Cethor
    Wiper

by Cethor » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:33 am

Quireboys for the boat!!!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Oh and, just for the record, imho...

White Lion > Great White ;)

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:47 pm

I thought this was a metal cruise :lol:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:04 am

Jotunheimr wrote:I thought this was a metal cruise :lol:

Every culture has to remember and honour it's history sir :beerbang:

Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:13 pm

Metal, Hard Rock, Black Metal, Death Metal, Hair Metal....whatever...as I've written before: No one can see all 60 bands. I think it's the mixture that makes this cruise so special. I wouldn't like a cruise with only Death Metal bands and neither a cruise with only Hair Metal bands.

ShoreSlayer wrote:Oh and, just for the record, imho...

White Lion > Great White ;)

Oh, absolutely. Would love to see White Lion on board. Or Mike Tramp to do a White Lion set.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:26 pm

Krys wrote:I'd be totally okay with a couple of bands like Bonfire or Victory. Rock N' Roll is always fun. My vote would be for Helix or Alice Cooper.

I would love to see Helix on the boat. Been a fan since the beginning and never seen them.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Dundee wrote:

Metal, Hard Rock, Black Metal, Death Metal, Hair Metal....whatever...as I've written before: No one can see all 60 bands. I think it's the mixture that makes this cruise so special. I wouldn't like a cruise with only Death Metal bands and neither a cruise with only Hair Metal bands.

On that note, can we please get Blackmore's Night? I would love to see them.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:15 am

Dundee wrote:

I second that!

We need bands from every possible heavy metal related style.. that includes some rock n roll and hard rock :headbanger:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:27 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Dundee wrote:

I second that!

We need bands from every possible heavy metal related style.. that includes some rock n roll and hard rock :headbanger:

hardcore/crossover, Punk Rock, industrial, Goregrind, slugecore, Ambient/Noise
    Varity is the spice of life :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:13 am

More rock? Well it is a metal cruise n all.
    Hey! I'd be happy if Clutch or something was added.
    But it's not gonna happen :)

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:59 pm

I am going on Monsters of Rock cruise next April. Queensryche, Krokus, Y & T, Tyketto, Zebra, Lita Ford, The Winery Dogs, Black Star Riders, etc......
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:35 am

I would love it if we got Blues Pills for 70k. And they should be within possibilities as well, seeing how they play metal festivals and are one of the most hyped bands at the moment.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:58 am

Argh, facepalm. We already have three rock bands. How many more do we need on a "metal" cruise. :bitch:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:50 am

There would be no metal if not for rock. know your roots :)
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:45 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Argh, facepalm. We already have three rock bands. How many more do we need on a "metal" cruise. :bitch:

Well, with 60 bands on board, I think we could handle two or three more rock bands. Besides that, who says, this is a Metal Curise? I always thought, 70000 Tons of Metal means the weight of the ship ;)

TOM CRUISE wrote:There would be no metal if not for rock. know your roots :)

True words.

Another wish would be NITROGODS, the band of Ex-Thunderhead-Guitarist Henny Wolter. They're not too far from Motörhead, so for sure would fit on a "Metal" Cruise :wank:
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:54 pm

I've just seen Airbourne yesterday. They were a blast. Airbourne has more power than 99% of all Black, Death and Thrash-Bands together ;) This band is pure energy. Please bring them on board :wank:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:22 am

Dundee wrote:I've just seen Airbourne yesterday. They were a blast. Airbourne has more power than 99% of all Black, Death and Thrash-Bands together ;) This band is pure energy. Please bring them on board :wank:

Seconded. I've watched Airbourne live a couple of times and they're all energy, power and fun.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:31 am

Dundee wrote:Besides that, who says, this is a Metal Curise? I always thought, 70000 Tons of Metal means the weight of the ship ;)

:lol:

Bit of a stretch but points for trying :P

gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:57 pm

I'd very much rather have more metal, Rock is good, and I wouldn't complain if we get a couple more bands, but more than that would just feel wrong (and would feel like they're not being able to deliver what was promised to begin with, which was a full metal cruise as far as I understand it).
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:43 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:I'd very much rather have more metal, Rock is good, and I wouldn't complain if we get a couple more bands, but more than that would just feel wrong (and would feel like they're not being able to deliver what was promised to begin with, which was a full metal cruise as far as I understand it).

Yeah exactly. I appreciate some good ol' rock n roll but why do people come to a metal cruise expecting all these rock bands when there are several rock cruises out there that cater to rock fans exclusively?
    2025:

• EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:12 pm

I had mentioned LONG ago that I would have liked more "rock" with the opportunity that 60 bands presents. However, I'm not talking Gotthard. I was thinking more, many-times female-fronted, "psychedelic occult rock". That has made a huge impact lately, and it fits within the Metal aesthetic: Electric Wizard, Royal Thunder, Purson, Ancient VVisdom, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats... I don't remember all this shit I said last time.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:49 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:Yeah exactly. I appreciate some good ol' rock n roll but why do people come to a metal cruise expecting all these rock bands when there are several rock cruises out there that cater to rock fans exclusively?

First of all, I do not expect all these rock bands. I like all kinds of the hard music, be it true metal, death metal, thrash, hard rock, doom and so on...that's why I come to a metal cruise. For me it's the mixture that makes the point.

EvilDan wrote:I had mentioned LONG ago that I would have liked more "rock" with the opportunity that 60 bands presents. However, I'm not talking Gotthard. I was thinking more, many-times female-fronted, "psychedelic occult rock". That has made a huge impact lately, and it fits within the Metal aesthetic: Electric Wizard, Royal Thunder, Purson, Ancient VVisdom, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats... I don't remember all this shit I said last time.

Some female fronted rock bands would be great of course. Just visited the Hammer Of Doom-Festival. Jess And The Ancient Ones, Avatarium, Wucan...all fantastic bands.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:16 am

The name of the event is 70000 Tons of Metal, and since the ship is now twice the size but the name of the event stayed the same, I'd think half of the bands should be something other than metal. :lol:

And I do think some rock bands are more than ok for an "all metal event". Look at almost any metal festival, and you'll find plenty of rock bands on their lineup. It's not like people are asking for Bee Gees or something, but (hard) rock bands that are liked by many metal fans. Same goes with core bands; some of them are perfectly ok for a metal festival, as long as the band has supporters in metal scene and can be considered at least vaguely metal.

Not sure, but I'd guess it's mostly the younger folks who generally don't want any hard rock bands onbroad?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:57 am

Memnoch wrote:The name of the event is 70000 Tons of Metal, and since the ship is now twice the size but the name of the event stayed the same, I'd think half of the bands should be something other than metal. :lol:

And I do think some rock bands are more than ok for an "all metal event". Look at almost any metal festival, and you'll find plenty of rock bands on their lineup. It's not like people are asking for Bee Gees or something, but (hard) rock bands that are liked by many metal fans. Same goes with core bands; some of them are perfectly ok for a metal festival, as long as the band has supporters in metal scene and can be considered at least vaguely metal.

Not sure, but I'd guess it's mostly the younger folks who generally don't want any hard rock bands onbroad?

Agree, and yeah, I think so too. Personally I'm not that much into Hard Rock, but I like some of the acts and also think it perfectly fits these festivals. I'd love to have Pretty Maids or Gotthard onbroad, for instance.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
Post Reply 43 posts