Post Reply 30 posts Page 1 of 1
Some Swiss Bands
    Dundee
    Crewman

Some Swiss Bands

by Dundee » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:02 pm

Our skipper is Swiss and in the past, we had a Swiss band every year (exepct the first one). Would be nice to meet some countrymen.

Gotthard (I know, it's not real metal but great Hard Rock and they've been on the cruise before)
    Krokus (maybe unlikely as the do the MOR-Cruise)
    Contorsion (thrash à la Testament)
    Coroner (a repeat and the best Swiss band ever)
    Emerald (great epic heavy metal)
    Pertness (fantastic band in the vein of old Blind Guardian)
    Drifter (great thrash but not sure if they're still active)
    The Order (traditional hard rock in the vein of EARLY Gotthard)
    Sin Starlett (trad. Heavy Metal)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Some Swiss Bands

by Memnoch » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Swiss bands and you don't mention Triptykon?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:16 pm

Eluveitie!
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:53 pm

Eluveitie and Gotthard would be nice additions.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:37 am

Even if I hate thrash, I'd be happy if Petrol Patrol was playing on the boat. Only because they're awesome dudes. And they're Swiss.
    Wishlist:
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:12 am

Memnoch wrote:Swiss bands and you don't mention Triptykon?

:oops: Shame on me...how could I forget Triptykon. Of course they would be also a great announcement.
    Capt.Howdy
    Crewman

by Capt.Howdy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:08 am

Eluvitie is a band for girls...! Why dont get Nightwish than...! :lol:

The only two serious Bands from Switzerland are TRIPTYKON and Coroner! :deathhorns:
    wishlist 2015: TROUBLE, SABBAT, Candlemass, Procession, Lord Vicar, Triptycon, Count Raven, Krux, Bolt Thrower, Morgana Lefay, Sanctuary, Flotsam and Jetsam, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Exodus, Orchid, Forsaken (Malta), Skyclad, Riot....,
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:32 am

Capt.Howdy wrote:Eluvitie is a band for girls...! Why dont get Nightwish than...! :lol:

Well, 1/3 of cruisers ARE girls! ;)
    So yeah, my vagina and I would be down with Eluveitie AND Nightwish! :lol:
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 am

Dundee wrote: ....

I'd have to say the best Swiss band is Celtic Frost. This is coming from a big Coroner fan.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Capt.Howdy
    Crewman

by Capt.Howdy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:02 am

AmelieM wrote:
    Capt.Howdy wrote:Eluvitie is a band for girls...! Why dont get Nightwish than...! :lol:

Well, 1/3 of cruisers ARE girls! ;)
    So yeah, my vagina and I would be down with Eluveitie AND Nightwish! :lol:

So...hail to your vagina!
    wishlist 2015: TROUBLE, SABBAT, Candlemass, Procession, Lord Vicar, Triptycon, Count Raven, Krux, Bolt Thrower, Morgana Lefay, Sanctuary, Flotsam and Jetsam, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Exodus, Orchid, Forsaken (Malta), Skyclad, Riot....,
    Capt.Howdy
    Crewman

by Capt.Howdy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:04 am

Sgt. B wrote:

I'd have to say the best Swiss band is Celtic Frost. This is coming from a big Coroner fan.

Your fuckin right!!!
    But unfortunately Celtic Frost dont exist anymore...so the best solution would be Triptykon!
    Toms Uhhhggghhh is always a blast!
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:13 pm

Sgt. B wrote:

Uh oh...we might have to brawl this one out over on the boat, Brian. As far as tech thrash is concerned I don't think anything beats Coroner. This is a repeat that I know many people would really dig.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:02 pm

Capt.Howdy wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

Your fuckin right!!!
    But unfortunately Celtic Frost dont exist anymore...so the best solution would be Triptykon!
    Toms Uhhhggghhh is always a blast!

Triptykon would be great.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:20 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Eluveitie and Gotthard would be nice additions.

THIS!
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Dude, when I got into Eluveitie, it certainly had no fucking thing to do with my vage and everything to do with Celtic shit, folk, history, metal music, etc. Comparing them to Nightwish is also super gross. If Nightwish is a band for girls, then I need a sex change STAT. There's very few of those clean-vocals female lead bands that I actually like.

Eluveitie and Triptykon would by my two wishes, but fuck, the guy in Triptykon already shit-talked Eluveitie. Maybe not two bands that should be in the same (literal) boat! I'm seeing Triptykon at MDF already, anyway, unless they pull out or something.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:55 am

Why not MESSIAH if they still exist...
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:32 pm

SaraMarie wrote:
    If Nightwish is a band for girls, then I need a sex change STAT.

No offense, but if Nightwish is for girls, maybe i should start thinking about that too :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously.. Eluveitie and Nightwish should be announced :headbanger:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:18 pm

"serious band"? People must be kidding!!!!
    metal4ever
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:05 am

Oui....Ja!

Swiss ch-please!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:11 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Why not MESSIAH if they still exist...

That's a good question. Do they still exist? I'm thinking they don't, but man that would be cool if they're still around somehow.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:59 pm

I just realized no-one has mentioned Bölzer yet, which is kinda strange seeing the hype surrounding them at the moment.
    While they are good, I'm not too fond of the idea of them being booked for 70k. I just saw them at Kill Town Death Fest, and they weren't too impressive live. I'll see them again at Eindhoven Metal Meeting in December; maybe they're better then.
    Wishlist:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:07 am

I want that band whose name slips my mind , who are swiss and sound similar to Dissection. Magnola knows the name. :)
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Yes Please! Samael!!
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:54 pm

The only two serious Bands from Switzerland are TRIPTYKON and Coroner! :deathhorns:

Oh come on, Eluveitie isn't a band for girls, but as every band with a woman singer, it's for the men who are attracted by women :mrgreen: Personally, as a girl, I never been so attracted by the bands with female singer, sorry :oops:

2013: 7545
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:58 pm

I'd love love to see November-7. One of the best discoveries for me at MFVF X :wank:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:12 am

There are quite a lot of great Swiss bands, but they are probably not a lot known in the whole world.

More in the hard rock, there are:

Krokus
    Sideburn (even if they not sing a lot outside Switzerland, one of their songs is in the movie 'Wolverine' that came out in 2013 and also in the serie '24' :headbanger: )
    Sahara Rain
    Skansis

Metal:

Dreamshade (Melodic Death)
    Shakra (Metal)
    Gonoreas (Heavy metal)
    Abinchova (Folk death)
    Excelsis (Folk)
    Elferya (Symphonic)
    Dysrider (Symphonic death)

For the bands I remember as they are a lot more :wank:

Leprechaun
    Oiler

by Leprechaun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:34 am

Memnoch wrote:I just realized no-one has mentioned Bölzer yet, which is kinda strange seeing the hype surrounding them at the moment.
    While they are good, I'm not too fond of the idea of them being booked for 70k. I just saw them at Kill Town Death Fest, and they weren't too impressive live. I'll see them again at Eindhoven Metal Meeting in December; maybe they're better then.

i'll be at the Eindhoven Metal Meeting too. Gonna check them out there.
    70k 2014
    70k 2015
    70k 2016
    70k 2017
    Wacken since 1998
    Bang your Head since 1998
    Member of the Wacken Metal Battle Judges
    Dundee
    Crewman

by Dundee » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:38 pm

The last time we had Poltergeist, so how's about GURD this time? They have a fantastic new album out.
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:14 am

Krokus, Gurd would be nice ideas.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:37 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Krokus, Gurd would be nice ideas.

I would love to see Krokus on board too, but as they are doing the Monsters of Rock cruise in April 2015, not sure they will be on our cruise :roll:

Post Reply 30 posts Page 1 of 1