Post Reply 61 posts
The unofficial Hollywood pre beach party
  • GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

Re: The unofficial Hollywood pre beach party

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:58 pm

I re-booked my flights and hostel from Miami to Fort Lauderdale (because I am an idiot and missed the announcement that we were leaving from a different port) so there is now a definite chance that I will be there.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    2017#9531
    2018#9847
    2019#8113
    Jefe
    Oiler

by Jefe » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:11 pm

I'll be there for the party!

If anyone wants to add me on Facebook to make arrangement or just to get to get know each other before then, feel free to do so.

Jeff Trower. https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Picko

Just send a message saying you're from the cruise so I know to add you. I screen my friends due to a stalker exgf.

Look forward to meeting you guys/gals!!
    Cabin 8489, M
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:25 am

Jefe wrote:I'll be there for the party!

If anyone wants to add me on Facebook to make arrangement or just to get to get know each other before then, feel free to do so.

Jeff Trower. https://www.facebook.com/Mr.Picko

Just send a message saying you're from the cruise so I know to add you. I screen my friends due to a stalker exgf.

Look forward to meeting you guys/gals!!

ok send you by facebook
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:02 am

As I can't walk on the sand, you will all find me on the bar's patio where there will be some chairs and tables. For those of you who never seen me, I am a very short lady with green crutches :cheers:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:08 pm

After a day sitting on the beach drinking, the next thing to do is go out at night drinking.

Count us in.
    munhoz
    Wiper

by munhoz » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:50 am

I'll be there!

I'll take a brazilian drink ..."cachaça"! It is similar to rum, but has a different taste ... :belly:

Countdown to embark! :party:
    2015: first year on board!
    Therion, Theatre of Tragedy, Dark Tranquility, Blind Guardian, Tristania, Arch Enemy, Crucified Barbara, Leaves Eyes, Nightwish, Iced Earth, Shadowside, Black Sabbath, Lake of Tears, Primal Fear, ...
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:59 am

munhoz wrote:I'll be there!

I'll take a brazilian drink ..."cachaça"! It is similar to rum, but has a different taste ... :belly:

Countdown to embark! :party:

Awesome.. i think i'll take some cachaça, too :beerbang:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:09 am

I'll bring a couple of bottles of salmiakki liqueur. Maybe this time I won't drink it all myself. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:04 am

Memnoch wrote:I'll bring a couple of bottles of salmiakki liqueur. Maybe this time I won't drink it all myself. :lol:

Is that the "salty licorice" stuff? I've heard VERY good things about that and (not from the same place but related because they have a similar flavour) Plopp. I wonder if that would be good as a liqueur...
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:27 am

Plopp? Hadn't heard of that before, so had to google it. It's like a Mars bar? Not much in common with our salty treat.
    Come find me at the beach party if you want to try the salmiakki liqueur. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:30 am

Memnoch wrote:Plopp? Hadn't heard of that before, so had to google it. It's like a Mars bar? Not much in common with our salty treat.
    Come find me at the beach party if you want to try the salmiakki liqueur. :beerwink:

It's a European chocolate bar known for coming in original, I think strawberry? And salty licorice. So... Related :P

And sure, what could possibly go wrong?!
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:36 am

I'll be there with many flavors of vodka :mrgreen:
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:36 am

We have Fazer's Salmiakkisuklaa, milk chocolate with a salmiakki filling. It's by far my favourite chocolate. Might try and bring some of that too.
    Wishlist:
    munhoz
    Wiper

by munhoz » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:34 am

There is a drink that is getting famous in underground bars in São Paulo (Brazil) ... it is called "hidromel" something like "hydrohoney" or something like that... :dreams:

Its production takes about six months and results in a few liters. It is a craft and home production and it has a high alcoholic level :stagger:

I live in another state now, but if someone can take... it will be something really new in the pre cruise party! The last time I saw this drink, it was being sold in "Madame Satan Bar" in São Paulo, by two sisters called "Irmãs Draculinas" which would be something like "Draculinas sisters" ... they seem like much of Celtic and Nordic folklore cultures. :viking:

Is this drink sold in other countries?
    Therion, Theatre of Tragedy, Dark Tranquility, Blind Guardian, Tristania, Arch Enemy, Crucified Barbara, Leaves Eyes, Nightwish, Iced Earth, Shadowside, Black Sabbath, Lake of Tears, Primal Fear, ...
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:37 am

Not that I've seen in US. We do have some cachaca though ;)
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Donnerklang
    Oiler

by Donnerklang » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:37 pm

My wife and me will be there!

:viking:
    70.000tons family cruise 2020: My two daugthers, my wife and me
    :viking:
  • LauraW
    Crewman

by LauraW » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:26 pm

I'm heading to pick up some good Ole southwest virginia moonshine. I hope your livers are prepared
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:50 am

munhoz wrote:There is a drink that is getting famous in underground bars in São Paulo (Brazil) ... it is called "hidromel" something like "hydrohoney" or something like that... :dreams:

Its production takes about six months and results in a few liters. It is a craft and home production and it has a high alcoholic level :stagger:

I live in another state now, but if someone can take... it will be something really new in the pre cruise party! The last time I saw this drink, it was being sold in "Madame Satan Bar" in São Paulo, by two sisters called "Irmãs Draculinas" which would be something like "Draculinas sisters" ... they seem like much of Celtic and Nordic folklore cultures. :viking:

Is this drink sold in other countries?

That was a viking drink, so very metal :viking:

Equilibrium has a song called "met", which means exactly "hidromel" in your language. They usually play it live, so make sure you take a shot of it in their concert ;)
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    munhoz
    Wiper

by munhoz » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:56 pm

bodomdragon wrote:Equilibrium has a song called "met", which means exactly "hidromel" in your language. They usually play it live, so make sure you take a shot of it in their concert ;)

Thanks for the new knowledge!

I'll watch the Equilibrium show in a different way ... :shred:

A friend told that this is a drink with characteristics of Viking culture :viking:

If it has no "met", we even have a beer ... lol :heavydrink:
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:42 pm

I'll be staying at the Riptide so feel free to us my bathroom if you need to. Of course there may be an alcohol fee of some sort. ;)
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:14 pm

I'm in :cheers:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)