Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1
Pick your poison
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

Pick your poison

by Jotunheimr » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:25 pm

What are you guys mostly going to be drinking on the ship? What's your favorite drink you would buy all the time if money were no object?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Pick your poison

by Phoenix » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Vino. All the vino, whites and rosés I can drink. With the occasional Caesar and Bellini on the deck. Because you know, I'm a classy girl.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:14 am

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, gin tonic (with Tanqueray Gin and a slice of lemon) and some frozen girlie drinks.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:44 am

Memnoch wrote:Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, gin tonic (with Tanqueray Gin and a slice of lemon) and some frozen girlie drinks.

I love me some Sierra Nevada and maybe some girlie drinks here and there (long islands are good sometimes). Mostly I think I will stick with mixed drinks and shots so I can get drunk for less money than what beer would cost. Plus, whiskey and vodka taste way better than cheap beer (I heard Fosters is popular onbroad). I'm having a drinking contest with Jonne from Korpiklaani during the cruise so I think I ought to start practicing.
    :lol: :chug:

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:31 am

Jotunheimr wrote:What are you guys mostly going to be drinking on the ship? What's your favorite drink you would buy all the time if money were no object?

Beer all the way! If we got it for free (LOL) I'd probably go for Stella Artois most of the time. Instead I usually grab these huge cans of Foster's, which are not that bad. Maybe also a sweeter cocktail from time to time.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:16 am

Water
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:29 am

Beer :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly:
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:31 am

Razor Ramon wrote:Water

WHAT fish fuck in it
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:25 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:What are you guys mostly going to be drinking on the ship? What's your favorite drink you would buy all the time if money were no object?

Beer all the way! If we got it for free (LOL) I'd probably go for Stella Artois most of the time. Instead I usually grab these huge cans of Foster's, which are not that bad. Maybe also a sweeter cocktail from time to time.

You have the right idea, sir. Giant cans of Foster are about 32 oz of beer. The last cruise I went on, they were being sold for 8$ each, where as 12 Oz of everything else was in the 5$-7$ range. My bank account (and general lack of my preference in craft/Belgian import selection) dictates that there is only one course of action.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Demons_&_Wizards--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Gloryhammer--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Iced_Earth--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:02 am

JARI wrote:Beer :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly:

:belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly: :belly:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:01 pm

Tono_Fyr wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

You have the right idea, sir. Giant cans of Foster are about 32 oz of beer. The last cruise I went on, they were being sold for 8$ each, where as 12 Oz of everything else was in the 5$-7$ range. My bank account (and general lack of my preference in craft/Belgian import selection) dictates that there is only one course of action.

I believe Foster's has a lower alcohol content than the other beers on broad, though.

Mostly beer for me on the ship. I usually go with Sam Adams until they run out then switch to Dos Equis until that runs out then it's Heineken.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Fosters is shit.

Alcohol content of a fosters here in Australia (if you can find it anywhere. because nowhere in Australia sells it. because its shit.) is 5.0% - apparently only 4.0% in Europe though.

Me? If money was no object it would be Wild Turkey Rare Breed. (if it was REALLY no object, I'd get the most expensive WT you can get LOL).

But yeah - bourbon is my weapon of choice, and when money IS a factor I tend to go with Wild Turkey or Makers Mark.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:30 pm

I like Belgian whites, so Hoegaarden and Blue Moon are top picks. Captain and coke for mixed drinks or Grey Goose with cranberry.

The way I drink, it's not impossible to just drink whatever I like and not worry too much about the cost. Some people drink like Olympic sprinters. I'm more of a long-distance jogger... I just drink enough to maintain a steady buzz.

Girl drinks: it's a cruise, gotta have at least one "tiny umbrella and a straw" drink, amirite? Like a frozen margherita. But not while watching any bands. Wouldn't want that sweet shit to get mixed up in my band time drinking and make me feel like shit in the morning.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Coffee is my favourite drink, I especially like a good cappuccino. On my last cruise only had about half a cup though, it was foul (and not from the Windjammer either). Hopefully the Liberty has better coffee.
    Other than that, I like some girly drinks too, sweet cocktails. Not a big drinker so don't like to get drunk, so it's either coffee or cocktails for me.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:19 pm

I almost exclusively drank Long Island Iced Teas last year. Strong shit. Sometimes, they'd put so much alcohol in it that they'd ask you to take a couple of sips before adding cola because the glass was already full. With the cola pack, you can basically make yourself two drinks with a single long island order.
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:51 pm

AmelieM wrote:I almost exclusively drank Long Island Iced Teas last year. Strong shit. Sometimes, they'd put so much alcohol in it that they'd ask you to take a couple of sips before adding cola because the glass was already full. With the cola pack, you can basically make yourself two drinks with a single long island order.

How were they? I plan on drinking a lot of Long Islands because they can get you really drunk for almost the same price as a can of piss beer (just checked Royal Caribbean drink prices).

Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Beer for me. Heineken or Corona(low alc. easy drinking patio beers) REALLY need to try some of the blinky glass iced girly drinks one day)

Wine= bad for "The Gout"

I like Jack Daniels and Coke, Rum and Coke.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Capt.Howdy
    Crewman

by Capt.Howdy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:49 am

Long Island Iced Tea! :whisky:
    wishlist 2015: TROUBLE, SABBAT, Candlemass, Procession, Lord Vicar, Triptycon, Count Raven, Krux, Bolt Thrower, Morgana Lefay, Sanctuary, Flotsam and Jetsam, Morbid Angel, Anthrax, Exodus, Orchid, Forsaken (Malta), Skyclad, Riot....,
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:12 pm

For me, probably soda. I'm not much of a drinker; don't like the taste of alcohol so I'll get the soda package from Royal -- it's better than Carnival's, AND Royal has FreeStyle Coke machines. :belly:

Now, if a half-pina colada, half-strawberry daiquiri happened to fall my way for free, like what happened two weeks ago on Carnival Freedom (thank you nice Canadian people in the hot-tub!), I'd drink it in a heartbeat. That was good! :twisted:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Fosters is shit.

Alcohol content of a fosters here in Australia (if you can find it anywhere. because nowhere in Australia sells it. because its shit.) is 5.0% - apparently only 4.0% in Europe though.

Me? If money was no object it would be Wild Turkey Rare Breed. (if it was REALLY no object, I'd get the most expensive WT you can get LOL).

But yeah - bourbon is my weapon of choice, and when money IS a factor I tend to go with Wild Turkey or Makers Mark.

Yes, Fosters is shit, and Wild Turkey rules. :cheers:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:49 pm

I'm all about the Sierra Nevada Pale Ales and Red Bull Margaritas.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman

by feanorfelagund » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:46 am

beer with a double shot of rum. AKA Grog! At least for Alestorm. For Korpiklaani just drink whatever they happen to be singing about at the time
    "Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:02 am

feanorfelagund wrote:For Korpiklaani just drink whatever they happen to be singing about at the time

You might as well end up with a pretty killer combination of beer, vodka, rum and tequila. That can't be healthy :D
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:40 am

I will drink all the coffee.

Do they have any single malt scotches on broad?
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1