Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1
First time for everything
    Jakethetankdewing
    Oiler

First time for everything

by Jakethetankdewing » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:45 am

Hey guys this is my first time attending 70k, and or going on any cruise might as well start with the best. Wondering how pricy merch / booze is on the ship so I can plan accordingly , and can't wait to see you all there ! :3drunks:
    Wishlist: AmonAmarth Bolt Thrower-Running Wild-TankardGloryhammer Demons&Wizards-Edguy-SabatonDarkMoor -Carcass Iced Earth-NuclearAssault-Overkill-Helloween-Tyr-Vader-MorbidAngel- Kreator-DreamEvil Fairyland
    2015Survivor
    2016 Survivor
    2017Cabin9524
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: First time for everything

by bodomdragon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:55 am

Welcome!

I don't remember how much I paid for my T-Shirt last year but it was not especially expensive - maybe 25 bucks? As for the drinks, someone posted this today related to beers, I think it's a good approximation:

Tono_Fyr wrote:Giant cans of Foster are about 32 oz of beer. The last cruise I went on, they were being sold for 8$ each, where as 12 Oz of everything else was in the 5$-7$ range.

Anyway, you can link your room card to your bank account so you don't need to bring cash (or your credit card, for that matter) with you.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Jakethetankdewing
    Oiler

by Jakethetankdewing » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:57 am

Thanks mate that helps !
    Wishlist: AmonAmarth Bolt Thrower-Running Wild-TankardGloryhammer Demons&Wizards-Edguy-SabatonDarkMoor -Carcass Iced Earth-NuclearAssault-Overkill-Helloween-Tyr-Vader-MorbidAngel- Kreator-DreamEvil Fairyland
    2015Survivor
    2016 Survivor
    2017Cabin9524
    Jakethetankdewing
    Oiler

by Jakethetankdewing » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:57 pm

I herd you can bring 2 bottles of wine/mead with you is this true because the website info says no outside booze ?
    2015Survivor
    2016 Survivor
    2017Cabin9524
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Jakethetankdewing wrote:I herd you can bring 2 bottles of wine/mead with you is this true because the website info says no outside booze ?

From theRoyal Caribbean website:

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?
    A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:36 pm

bodomdragon wrote:

Anyway, you can link your room card to your bank account so you don't need to bring cash (or your credit card, for that matter) with you.

Not "you can ",you must link a credit card or put a cash deposit on your room card.No cash or credit card is used to buy anything from anywhere on the ship.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:31 pm

^^^^

Including merch? You use your room-key/card for merch purchases also? Kinda cool, if so.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Pellaz wrote:^^^^

Including merch? You use your room-key/card for merch purchases also? Kinda cool, if so.

Yup. Card is used for merch too.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:34 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Oooh.

That could get......dangerous. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Oooh.

That could get......dangerous. :lol:

Yeah, you need to make sure to keep track of your purchases. Those add up quickly :shock:
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:44 pm

:lol:
    Its very dangerous. People have gone overboard (pun not intended) from what I've heard, so you have to be careful.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1