Post Reply 34 posts Page 1 of 1
About Hanging Out with the Bands
    manamachine
    Crewman

About Hanging Out with the Bands

by manamachine » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Is it real? Did you get to talk to your favourite bands in past years? Did you actually spend time hanging out with any of them?

I can't even fathom what it would be like to meet Hansi (of Blind Guardian); it's been my dream to see them play, so the idea that I could be in the same bar with them kind of makes me need to go.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: About Hanging Out with the Bands

by klons » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:03 pm

manamachine wrote:Is it real? Did you get to talk to your favourite bands in past years? Did you actually spend time hanging out with any of them?

I can't even fathom what it would be like to meet Hansi (of Blind Guardian); it's been my dream to see them play, so the idea that I could be in the same bar with them kind of makes me need to go.

Depends on the band members, but yes, very real. I'd be surprised if there's a survivor out there that doesn't have some sort of random story at this point.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:19 pm

manamachine wrote:Is it real? Did you get to talk to your favourite bands in past years? Did you actually spend time hanging out with any of them?

It helps if you can arrange something with them on Facebook (don't know if it's possible with Hansi). I've been talking to members of Korpiklaani and Equilibrium and so far they are open (and pretty enthusiastic) about having a drink with me.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:06 pm

I have personally seen, talked and drank with many band members on my five previous cruises ... in fact you may even see them in the crowd watching other concerts. yes it is true. :cheers: :beerhorns:

sometimes you may not even realize it's happening if you don't know all the bands and who is playing with them :givebeer: :viking:

(but there are many you may never see wandering around, it's a big ship)
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Hansi was super friendly on the first cruise. I got several pics with him. Also, the members of Blind Guardian and Iced Earth were standing next to me during the muster drill. Watched them all catching up on old times. Took lots of pics and videos. I have managed to get pics with everyone in bands I ever wanted to on the boat. Had meals with a few band peeps too. People are pretty friendly. You can meet many band members in karaoke. I even hung out in HELL with Dark Funeral. :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:27 am

Jotunheimr wrote:It helps if you can arrange something with them on Facebook (don't know if it's possible with Hansi). I've been talking to members of Korpiklaani and Equilibrium and so far they are open (and pretty enthusiastic) about having a drink with me.

Let me know about your plans with the Equilibrium members, I'd be quite happy to join :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:28 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:It helps if you can arrange something with them on Facebook (don't know if it's possible with Hansi). I've been talking to members of Korpiklaani and Equilibrium and so far they are open (and pretty enthusiastic) about having a drink with me.

Let me know about your plans with the Equilibrium members, I'd be quite happy to join :D

give it a shot.
    robsen en hati are quite relaxed dudes
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:47 am

Is it ok to ask for photos if you just see someone randomly? There are still meet and greets for signing stuff right, is it more common to do photos then?
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:51 am

liser wrote:Is it ok to ask for photos if you just see someone randomly? There are still meet and greets for signing stuff right, is it more common to do photos then?

It is perfectly fine to ask for pictures to the guys if you get to see them. They are usually very nice. They know what they are signing up for, so my advice is: don't worry about it and go get that picture ;)
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:04 am

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm 99% convinced to book that ticket now!
    Wishlist:
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer

by AmelieM » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:18 am

You won't regret it!
    Band members are really friendly on the boat, most of them are enjoying the cruise just as much as we do. It's just one big party.
    As others have pointed out, you will probably get to hang out and drink with some of them not even knowing they're in a band.
    Basically, 1 out of 10 passengers is a band member, they're everywhere! Haha!
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:33 am

DragonLordJones wrote:sometimes you may not even realize it's happening if you don't know all the bands and who is playing with them :givebeer: :viking:

Yeah, one of the first dudes I met before the boat even departed in 2012 I didn't know who he was until he asked me where I was from, and he said "I've been to New Zealand, played at the Big Day Out in 1999 with Soulfly" turns out he was the guitarist in Channel Zero. Also was soaking in the hot tub for a long time before Tankard some morning about 3am with some Mexican guys not realizing one of them was in a doom band I had listened to.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:34 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    liser wrote:Is it ok to ask for photos if you just see someone randomly? There are still meet and greets for signing stuff right, is it more common to do photos then?

It is perfectly fine to ask for pictures to the guys if you get to see them. They are usually very nice. They know what they are signing up for, so my advice is: don't worry about it and go get that picture ;)

One of my friends asked for a picture with Cronos, Cronos told him to fuck off.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:51 am

Conrad wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

One of my friends asked for a picture with Cronos, Cronos told him to fuck off.

I'd say that's the exception that proves the rule, and in fact, if that's the general attitude that Cronos showed in the cruise, it was a mistake to have them onbroad, they're certainly not made for this.
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:04 am

Thanks for this guys. I'm oddly shy and at a loss for words on the rare occasion I run into bands, but since this stuff happens all over the boat I think I can be less awkward. In your experience, do most of the band members have good English? At least enough to communicate a little?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:16 am

Phoenix wrote:... In your experience, do most of the band members have good English? At least enough to communicate a little?

All but the Americans.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:36 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:... In your experience, do most of the band members have good English? At least enough to communicate a little?

All but the Americans.

:lol:

To be honest, I've never met a bandmember who couldn't hold a basic conversation in English. That's usually not a problem.
    Wishlist:

athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:40 am

agree with all above. in fact, i have had beers with many band members and only found out they were in a band after someone told me "wow, you just hung out with ....!" every is generally super cool and happy to be on a bad ass boat.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:29 pm

I recall an experience I had on the first cruise. I was sitting at the bar during karaoke and Bif Byford and Nibbs Carter from Saxon were sitting at one side, Jon Shaffer of Iced Earth was sitting to the left of me, and to my right Jeff Loomis of Nevermore was standing ordering a beer, and across the bar was Kai Hansen of Gamma Ray talking to the lead singer of Trouble (I forget his name) That was a very surreal moment for me. I missed a few bands because of moments like that on every cruise.
    You will never get a chance to experience anything like that anywhere else.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:36 pm

onenight wrote:I recall an experience I had on the first cruise. I was sitting at the bar during karaoke and Bif Byford and Nibbs Carter from Saxon were sitting at one side, Jon Shaffer of Iced Earth was sitting to the left of me, and to my right Jeff Loomis of Nevermore was standing ordering a beer, and across the bar was Kai Hansen of Gamma Ray talking to the lead singer of Trouble (I forget his name) That was a very surreal moment for me. I missed a few bands because of moments like that on every cruise.
    You will never get a chance to experience anything like that anywhere else.

That sounds amazing.

I feel like I'm going to have to spend awhile staring at photos to try to memorize some of these guys' faces.
    Wishlist:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Eat at the formal dining (not so formal really),I got seated with Herman Li from Dragonforce and he was supercool.I not even much of a fan of the band,so it was just a normal conversation you would have will any other cruiser,except he was in a band.You also meet people from all over the world.Last year I was in a line and had a great talk with "Jimmie (formal name on Sunday James) from Sweden,turned iut he was the rech for the drummer in Soilwork (who was also playing with Satyricon for the cruise),sure enough I noticed him working afterwards.It is like being backstage completely ,just don't be too pushy.You will have a great time if you do and there are always the 'meet and greets" that will give you a chance to meet your favorite band member.
    Last edited by deathmetalpat on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Yes, you can. Here's proof. A friend and I talking about the virtues of Iron Maiden, with Snowy Shaw and George Kollias :deathhorns:

"So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:01 pm

Sgt. B wrote:

All but the Americans.

Hahahah!

And my english FUCKING sucks, and I never had problem to speak with any band i've met, except maybe Arkona, their english sucks more than mine
    For The Horde!
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:05 pm

It's as good as you think. My stepdad talked with Hansi about scarves. My most distinct memory is in year 2...I may have told this story before. I had a Hammerfall sock (just one, I lost the other) that I wanted to get signed since I had no other HF merch. During Eduy's set Snowy Shaw and Oskar (guitarist from HF) were standing between the hot tubs watching the show. I asked Oskar to sign the sock, but neither he nor I had a silver pen. So instead I just asked him to hold it for a few seconds. I think Snowy took a picture.

But yeah, the bands are just regular joes you can approach (within reason). No need to be all jittery. You probably won't even recognize some. I'm a huge Nightwish fan and didn't even recognize Annette after I held a door open for her and her (?) baby after the muster drill.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:17 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:

All but the Americans.

Hahahah!

And my english FUCKING sucks, and I never had problem to speak with any band i've met, except maybe Arkona, their english sucks more than mine

Montreal buddies! My French is awful though.
    Wishlist:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:25 pm

I could tell a ton of stories. To many to tell.
    Corpse grinder of cannibal corpse passed out next to me.
    Jeff Loomis passed out in the elavator
    Singer of Crobar makeing fun of me cause I was wasted after their 2 am set
    Chuck Billy asking to take my picture.
    Barney of Napalm singing dancing queen at karaoke

It is amazing
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:43 am

In 2013 I spoke several times with Olli of Turisas and this year it was with Steven of Xandria (but I already had some chat with him several time before the cruise as he is/was the bassist for the German band Domain). Hopefully in 2015 I will meet several times Axel of Grave Digger and also Jonne of Korpiklaani :viking:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:33 am

taketheday wrote:In 2013 I spoke several times with Olli of Turisas and this year it was with Steven of Xandria (but I already had some chat with him several time before the cruise as he is/was the bassist for the German band Domain). Hopefully in 2015 I will meet several times Axel of Grave Digger and also Jonne of Korpiklaani :viking:

Olli is without a doubt one of the coolest guys I'd ever met. After the Korpiklaani and Turisas show in Seattle last May, I was playing a guitar and my friend was playing a violin outside. Olli came out with his violin and played some songs with us on his own violin and later posted about it on his Instagram. Definitely made my night.

2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:42 am

Jotunheimr wrote:

It helps if you can arrange something with them on Facebook (don't know if it's possible with Hansi). I've been talking to members of Korpiklaani and Equilibrium and so far they are open (and pretty enthusiastic) about having a drink with me.

I'm going to have to find you and introduce myself. I'd love to have a beer or 20 with Korpklaani and/or Equilibrium! How should we work this?
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:25 am

Shelton wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:

I'm going to have to find you and introduce myself. I'd love to have a beer or 20 with Korpklaani and/or Equilibrium! How should we work this?

Come to room 6511 when bands aren't playing. :lol: There will probably be a lot of people there already hanging out. Or come to the forum meet up after the muster drill. I think it's on deck 10 (can someone verify)?
    2025:

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:17 am

Azazel101 wrote:I could tell a ton of stories. To many to tell.
    Singer of Crobar makeing fun of me cause I was wasted after their 2 am set
    Barney of Napalm singing dancing queen at karaoke

It is amazing

That's hilarious that Kirk from Crowbar did that as I remember him being completely wasted late one night on the cruise. He could barely get out of his seat!!!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:09 pm

This is the first year that they haven't announced a band that I'm good friends with the members of beforehand :cry: :cry:
    Not saying that's part of the reason why I haven't booked, but I like having my band-member-friends onbroad (Holy Grail, Nekrogoblikon, Swashbuckle, etc.).

Nearly everyone is extremely friendly, though I've not done a lot of hanging out with the "bigger" bands (save Angra; and playing blackjack with some of the Nightwish guys [though I met them a week before in Los Angeles and we talked about the cruise so they recognized me]). If you want a picture, they do have specific meet-and-greet sessions where you can fanboy/fangirl it up like crazy.
    surfslamdive
    Oiler

by surfslamdive » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:26 am

I hung out with most of the guys from Immolation for at least half an hour around 330AM one night they were super cool and friendly. Same goes for the 3 Inches of Blood guys (though they are from my hometown so I see them around fairly regularly). I ended up having breakfast with the guys in Pungent Stench the last day and hung out with some of the guys from DRI in their room too. Most of the band members I will talk to fall under the "Hey I'm a long time fan very happy to see you play" with a handshake or a "Sorry to interrupt you but would you mind taking a photo with me?" I've found the band members to be very friendly and if they seem like they are in a rush but if they're sitting down hanging out I find if you ask to join them for a few minutes they don't seem to mind. Obviously if someone looks upset, is in a rush, or is in the middle of a meal I would leave them alone (the common sense approach).
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:08 am

I could not name a band or band member that wasn't approachable on the last 2 cruises for me.

Even struck up friendships with a few, which is cool when they're touring your city.

Most, if not all band members are Metal Fans just like you, and this is trip for them too!

Just wander around the decks when you broad, this is the ideal time to say 'hi' coz they're wandering around too!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
Post Reply 34 posts Page 1 of 1