Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1
GO PRO'S ALLOWED?
  • jtw7266
    Oiler

GO PRO'S ALLOWED?

by jtw7266 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:11 pm

Anyone past survivors have any insight on what cameras / video equipment you can bring?

I have a new Go-Pro camera and wanted to bring it. Anyone know the policy based on their experiences?

Also what are you bringing :chug:
    2015 - Room # 6402
    2016 - Room # 9309
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

Re: GO PRO'S ALLOWED?

by Dimma » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Bring what you like.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:54 pm

I'll be taking my canon DSLR and panasonic video camera.

Only problem I've ever had on any previous cruise was I got told to stop video'ing by security at the first of Delain's 2 gigs last year.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    surfslamdive
    Oiler

by surfslamdive » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:46 pm

I shot with a higher end point and shoot from the crowd/the crowd side of the barrier in 2013 and never had an issue. In 2014 I saw people shooting from the crowd with a DLSR and they looked like they didn't have any issues either. Also saw people with some kind of camera thing on a tall stick (video recorder?) and they seemed to be ok too!
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:51 pm

surfslamdive wrote:I shot with a higher end point and shoot from the crowd/the crowd side of the barrier in 2013 and never had an issue. In 2014 I saw people shooting from the crowd with a DLSR and they looked like they didn't have any issues either. Also saw people with some kind of camera thing on a tall stick (video recorder?) and they seemed to be ok too!

I saw someone using something like that when I saw Deep Purple in Vegas a few months ago. It's a long stick than can fasten an iPhone to the end and capture photos/video using one of the controls on the handle. And it's extendable so you can get a nice zoom without using an ultra-high quality professional camera. I don't know if security will have a problem with it.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:39 am

surfslamdive wrote:. Also saw people with some kind of camera thing on a tall stick (video recorder?) and they seemed to be ok too!

That was me, and it was a go pro camera. No problem at all
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Just don't bring an Ipad and hold it up to shoot a video while being up close to the stage.That is the only thing I have seen stopped ,just because you block the view of people behind you and look like an idiot.Go-pro on a stick is a very good way to shoot because it is easy to hold the thing up and watch the show you are at.Or better still watch the show you are at and then go to youtube to find the 1 in 10 videos with good sound.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:44 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Or better still watch the show you are at and then go to youtube to find the 1 in 10 videos with good sound.

I've been opting to do this more frequently as I enjoy gigs more when I don't waste time trying to film them. That being said, there's just something cool about capturing a few key songs/memories from a fave artist's show that you were actually at which can't quite be duplicated with a youtube search.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:11 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:Or better still watch the show you are at and then go to youtube to find the 1 in 10 videos with good sound.

I've been opting to do this more frequently as I enjoy gigs more when I don't waste time trying to film them. That being said, there's just something cool about capturing a few key songs/memories from a fave artist's show that you were actually at which can't quite be duplicated with a youtube search.
    I agree I filmed one song each from my most favorite bands the first cruise in 2012,and more of bands I didn't like that much to put on Youtube.I filmed less in 2013 and nothing in 2014,just decided to enjoy myself and not worry about a camera and everything.Can't say any way is better but unless you get great sound,it is a waste of time because a few people do a great job and their videos are easy to find.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:43 pm

My cam actually gets amazing sound but the video sucks in low light or at any major distance so only fairly close up and/or outdoors are very enjoyable to watch. Considering investing in something better (GoPro maybe?) in the future but not in the cards this year.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:12 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:My cam actually gets amazing sound but the video sucks in low light or at any major distance so only fairly close up and/or outdoors are very enjoyable to watch. Considering investing in something better (GoPro maybe?) in the future but not in the cards this year.
    My cam got very good sound outside at the pool deck,in the Chorus Line the best place was in the middle rows in front of that lightning room in the back and the sound was bad in the Spectrum.The Spectrum always had a very low sound production and last year the strobe lights made any video taping in there almost useless.This year the new "Chorus Line" is a very nice venue with much better sound.Have to see if that works with heavy metal,but a more modern ship is going to have a lot better film and sound opportunities.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:36 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

I've never recorded a whole show in my life, and doubt I ever will.

Like you I find there is an extra special something about having that video that I took to look at later.

My general rule is record 1 or maybe 2 full songs per show, then put the camera away and enjoy the rest :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:26 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

I've never recorded a whole show in my life, and doubt I ever will.

Like you I find there is an extra special something about having that video that I took to look at later.

My general rule is record 1 or maybe 2 full songs per show, then put the camera away and enjoy the rest :)

same here, I like to get a couple and then I get out of the way.
    Their are shows where I do record as much as I can but not that often.
    Their are a few on the next cruise that I would like more than 3 or 4
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1