Post Reply 43 posts
Hotels in FLL
    manamachine
    Crewman

Hotels in FLL

by manamachine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:12 am

Where do you stay before and after the cruise?

I would like a hotel on the beach, but the prices are a bit high compared to the airport hotels and sketchy motels. I won't be driving, so I want to reduce walking/cab-fare as much as possible. What has your experience been?
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    manamachine
    Crewman

Re: Hotels in FLL

by manamachine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:55 am

Also, I would consider sharing a room with other ladies, if we can work something out.
    Wishlist:
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:53 am

Unfortunately, this is year one in FLL, so the majority of us won't be much help.

The Riptide is ground zero (fully booked) and we have most of the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort booked out, so check the places around those two.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:08 am

http://www.mapquest.ca/#c51ae851fae0bfd7865a70fc

This a Mapquest link from the airport to where most of the people are staying in Hollywood on the beach. it's only 15-20 kms away from the airport, and it's about 10 to the port--so pretty close. The hotels along the beach strip are boutique style, but tons of beaches, bars, restaurants etc and lots of peopel to share cabs with.

Good Luck!! PLaces near the airports are usually pretty ghetto, and not many people stay there, plus ask if the hotel has a shuttle service--these places are constantly catering to the cruise industry, so it should be easy.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:15 am

Jaimie38 wrote:http://www.mapquest.ca/#c51ae851fae0bfd7865a70fc

This a Mapquest link from the airport to where most of the people are staying in Hollywood on the beach. it's only 15-20 kms away from the airport, and it's about 10 to the port--so pretty close. The hotels along the beach strip are boutique style, but tons of beaches, bars, restaurants etc and lots of peopel to share cabs with.

The link doesn't show any place-markers for me.

And it looks like both the Riptide and HHBR are fully booked on the 21st. I'll see what else I can find around there. Guess I waited too long to look into accommodations; now I know for next time.

Update: some rooms available on third-party sites, like Booking.com. I'll see if I can join you guys after all. ;)
    Wishlist:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:21 am

http://www.mapquest.ca/#c51ae851fae0bfd7865a70fc

This is a MapQuest link for directions from the Airport to Hollywood where most of us are staying. It's only about 15-20kms from the airport.

The hotels along the beach are mostly boutique, but there are lots of bars,beaches,restaurants and lots of cruisers to share cabs etc.
    9 Time Vet.
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:22 am

Oops double post! You must have posted the same time I did
    9 Time Vet.
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:27 am

All right. I got a booking for the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort through a third-party site. Now how do I go about hanging out with you all the night before the cruise? :viking:
    Wishlist:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:33 am

PARTY WILL FIND YOU!!!

:pound:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:41 am

Jaimie38 wrote:PARTY WILL FIND YOU!!!

Dress in black and wander? :D
    Wishlist:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:44 am

manamachine wrote:

Historic will be full of metalheads, so just follow the crowd. :bangers:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:45 pm

manamachine wrote:

That's how it's done. Pretty much anyone dressed in black will be going on the cruise. Very easy to make friends. :3drunks:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:50 pm

For some reason the Riptide will show a room available on some sites but it's not really available. I booked and got a call saying there was a mistake. I ended up getting a room at the Spring Hill Suites instead.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:53 pm

I just booked a room at Dolphin Hollywood last week, about a block from Riptide, There were still more rooms available when I booked. $150 per night though.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:01 pm

manamachine wrote:All right. I got a booking for the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort through a third-party site.

Nice ! I'll see you there. When do you arrive ? My plane should arrive at 14:50 (Air Canada) on January 21.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:02 pm

MikeB wrote:
    manamachine wrote:All right. I got a booking for the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort through a third-party site.

Nice ! I'll see you there. When do you arrive ? My plane should arrive at 14:50 (Air Canada) on January 21.

Dude, we're on the same flight!
    Wishlist:
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:41 pm

manamachine wrote:
    MikeB wrote:

That's awesome ! I'll keep an eye out for you at the airport.

By the way, me and a few new friends from the cruise will be going to a show in Montreal on January 16 (Claim The Throne, Distoriam, Nordheim, Sacrificed Alliance, Primalfrost), you should join us. It's like $15
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:45 pm

MikeB wrote:That's awesome ! I'll keep an eye out for you at the airport.

Sure thing. Although I will warn you: when it comes to traveling, I tend to be a lot less "metal", and a lot more "I'm in a hoodie and sweat pants with headphones on; leave me the eff alone". But I can get over that for the sake of camaraderie. ;)

Edit: missed your comment about the show. I'll see what my schedule is like; that sounds awesome.
    Wishlist:
    Gandalf
    Petty Officer

by Gandalf » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:37 pm

manamachine wrote:
    MikeB wrote:

Great!! More people from Montreal!!
    We'll be in FLL on january 19th, we're booked at the Alhambra Beach Resort in FLL, so , see you at the beach party or on the boat!! :cheers: :cheers:
    2011-2012-2015-2018-2019
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:28 am

It might be a good idea to contact the hotel directly to confirm your reservation. Third party sites are sketchy and can overbook, and not all properties will contact you to tell you that. I've had this problem recently.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:23 am

Conrad wrote:It might be a good idea to contact the hotel directly to confirm your reservation. Third party sites are sketchy and can overbook, and not all properties will contact you to tell you that. I've had this problem recently.

Thanks for the heads-up. I've booked before with them without incident, but better safe than sorry.
    Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:00 am

Yeah. Unless a booking is made directly through a property's official website, I don't think it's ever 100% confirmed. I'm staying at Hollywood Beach Hostel, I looked at their website but it was about $20 cheaper through Hostelworld, so I went with that option, but emailed them to confirm. I've used them numerous times before without incident, but that one incident makes me not trust them now. I'd hate to arrive there only to be told they can't accommodate me and have nowhere to stay because everywhere else is full!

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:41 am

I have booked at the Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach hotel, for 3 nights before and 3 nights after the cruise :cool:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:34 am

Conrad wrote:Yeah. Unless a booking is made directly through a property's official website, I don't think it's ever 100% confirmed. I'm staying at Hollywood Beach Hostel, I looked at their website but it was about $20 cheaper through Hostelworld, so I went with that option, but emailed them to confirm. I've used them numerous times before without incident, but that one incident makes me not trust them now. I'd hate to arrive there only to be told they can't accommodate me and have nowhere to stay because everywhere else is full!

the theory is even if you book through a reputable 3rd party site i.e. Expedia, Booking.com and travelocity and the hotel oversells it sort of becomes the hotels problem as they have to preform what we call walking a guest and what that is, is the hotel is supposed to find you another reservation at a comparable hotel and some but not all pay for your reservation at the new hotel as compensation for the hassle of having to move you ( this part is in no way shape or form a law). but if you can avoid it do not book through 3rd party sites for 2 major reasons 1) hotels get fucked sideways by 3rd party sites depending on the hotel and the 3rd party company hotels lose 10-50% of the reservation amount 2) when you come into a hotel and say have a ocean view room there are only 2 available in the hotel one being quiet and peaceful the other being right over the loading dock which starting at 5:30 am has trucks and carts moving around banging and crashing till 1am who do you think is going to get assigned each room when you have a guest paying full rate and you have a 3rd party booking which is costing the hotel 25% of its possible revenue ???
    so whats the point of this wall of text ? call the hotel book directly or use their website to book if you see a cheaper rate online mention it hotels will try their best to price match cause even if you find a 10% discount thats still 15-40% more money than we would have gotten. i may or may not have worked front desk in a hotel for the past 6.5 years ( kill me now please )
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:31 am

:party: Beers for fellow hotel staff! :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • GregoryOfTheNorth
    Crewman

by GregoryOfTheNorth » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:53 pm

manamachine wrote:
    MikeB wrote:That's awesome ! I'll keep an eye out for you at the airport.

Sure thing. Although I will warn you: when it comes to traveling, I tend to be a lot less "metal", and a lot more "I'm in a hoodie and sweat pants with headphones on; leave me the eff alone". But I can get over that for the sake of camaraderie. ;)

Edit: missed your comment about the show. I'll see what my schedule is like; that sounds awesome.

If you see metalheads (and we are a pretty obvious crowd, visually), just ask if they are doing the 70k cruise. If they are - Bam - instant friends with open-armed and friendly cruise-people, who will probably be on their way to the beach party or concert pre-party where you can meet even more like-minded cruisers. 4 Years so far, hasn't failed me once.
    2011#4512
    2012#5535
    2013#2597
    2014#6043
    2015#2546
    2016#9597
    2017#9531
    2018#9847
    2019#8113
    2020#8113
    2024#9483
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:28 am

CaptOblivious wrote:the theory is even if you book through a reputable 3rd party site i.e. Expedia, Booking.com and travelocity and the hotel oversells it sort of becomes the hotels problem as they have to preform what we call walking a guest and what that is, is the hotel is supposed to find you another reservation at a comparable hotel and some but not all pay for your reservation at the new hotel as compensation for the hassle of having to move you ( this part is in no way shape or form a law). but if you can avoid it do not book through 3rd party sites for 2 major reasons 1) hotels get fucked sideways by 3rd party sites depending on the hotel and the 3rd party company hotels lose 10-50% of the reservation amount 2) when you come into a hotel and say have a ocean view room there are only 2 available in the hotel one being quiet and peaceful the other being right over the loading dock which starting at 5:30 am has trucks and carts moving around banging and crashing till 1am who do you think is going to get assigned each room when you have a guest paying full rate and you have a 3rd party booking which is costing the hotel 25% of its possible revenue ???
    so whats the point of this wall of text ? call the hotel book directly or use their website to book if you see a cheaper rate online mention it hotels will try their best to price match cause even if you find a 10% discount thats still 15-40% more money than we would have gotten. i may or may not have worked front desk in a hotel for the past 6.5 years ( kill me now please )

Because my main concern is hotels making money, right? When booking a hotel normally I would book directly with them, not because I care how much money they make, but because it makes me feel more at ease that my booking is confirmed. As for being assigned a noisy room, in this case I'm staying in a hostel dorm room with near a dozen random people, and with the hostel being full of metalheads I'd be lucky to have peace and quiet anyway.

2019 Wishlist:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:20 am

Pretty sure he wasn't suggesting anyone worry about making hotels money. More like knowing and understanding the impact this booking method has on them can help improve your experience with them.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Talking about Hotels with someone whose nickname is CaptOblivious is so close to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgb7W9VLkI4 it is funny.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:11 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Pretty sure he wasn't suggesting anyone worry about making hotels money. More like knowing and understanding the impact this booking method has on them can help improve your experience with them.

I'm pretty sure the final paragraph does suggest it. May not be the intention, but the way it's worded does imply it. However, that's not important as like I said, I'm staying at a hostel where I'm fully aware and understand that my overall experience lies in part with whoever else happens to be staying in the dorm room.

2019 Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:23 am

I use Booking.com or Hotels.com for a simple reason: they have to abide by the EU consumer laws, and the Finnish laws when they offer service in Finnish. When booking through these sites, even outside the EU, I can be sure that I get my money back if the hotel fails to accommodate me. And there can't be any extra charges (that weren't on the description before booking).
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:17 am

I booked at Hotel Sheldon for now. It's honestly pretty far out of my price range, so I'm hoping to split it with a friend if I can. Or I'll find another, cheaper place.... it's really pricey in Ft. Lauderdale for some reason :oops: . I still need to find a room for after the cruise though.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:40 am

the Hollywood Beach Hostel had openings for all January when I checked a couple of days ago, at $20 - $30 a night.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:27 pm

Ocean Drive Villas. Booked through Orbitz. Couple of blocks from Riptide. Looking forward to saying "Hi"
    to some of you...
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:01 pm

Conrad wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Pretty sure he wasn't suggesting anyone worry about making hotels money. More like knowing and understanding the impact this booking method has on them can help improve your experience with them.

I'm pretty sure the final paragraph does suggest it. May not be the intention, but the way it's worded does imply it. However, that's not important as like I said, I'm staying at a hostel where I'm fully aware and understand that my overall experience lies in part with whoever else happens to be staying in the dorm room.

it really does sound like a sales pitch outta me in that final paragraph :? sorry what it was meant to say was book direct you tend to but not always get better treatment from the hotels imma gonna shut up now >.>
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:26 pm

Da wife and I are booked at the Chocolate Hostel, between the airport and the port. We'll try to drop in for visit at the Riptide.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:26 pm

I booked at the Historic Hollywood Beach Resort through Booking.com in march. The hotel didn't got my reservation ! All of you who booked the same thing should call the hotel directly and make sure everything is allright.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:38 am

I booked a room at HHBR in early April through booking.com too. Tried calling them a few times with no luck (guess a lot of us were worried) and emailed them with no answer. Decided to book some other shady hotel on the Hollywood Beach instead. I guess I'll give them a call one of these days, just to be sure.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:11 pm

I called them a few days ago, and they said my booking was confirmed (after keeping me on hold for far too long). But the conversation was a bit weird.

Me: I booked for the 21st and 26th; can you confirm those dates are in my name?
    Call Centre Lady: The 26th is good, but the 21st...let me check. /puts me on hold for forever
    Call Centre Lady: I have to print a thing to fix the 21st. /back on hold
    Call Centre Lady: Your dates are confirmed.
    Me: The 21st and 26th?
    Call Centre Lady: Yes.
    Me: K...cool.
    Wishlist:
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:36 pm

I don't trust this hotel anymore. I have friends who had problem like me at this hotel. Booking.com fixed it and they were told that everything is confirmed. They called back the hotel to make sure, nope ! They still don't have a reservation.
    I know this place cancelled reservation of a few people because the hotel was overbooked (and they did not send any notification to those people). Since the hotel was sold-out, without my booking, and now they say it is fixed, does that mean someone just lost his reservation ?
    I cancelled everything at this place and booked at the Hollywood Beach Hotels instead, and it's 4 minutes walking to the Tiki Bar (Beach Party)
Post Reply 43 posts