Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1
Internet on the cruise
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

Internet on the cruise

by ANTIKRISS » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:16 pm

I know we have to pay shitload of $$$ to use internet on the cruise. But is it available everyone? Even in the ocean? Because we will have to use it 10 minutes.

Thanks.
    For The Horde!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: Internet on the cruise

by meshuggah » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Past cruises it was $35/hour. With a more modern ship, it might be different.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:22 pm

I have never used it but I do believe it was useable the whole trip for a lot of $$$$
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Don't know if this is your first cruise, but if you join the Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society and reach Gold status (basically, one cruise) you get a coupon book in your room. Included is a voucher for a few minutes worth of internet. Careful once the cost starts calculating, though. Maybe if you make friends with some veteran cruisers they'd be willing to give you their voucher too. The internet is very, very slow. Yes, it is available the entire journey.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:38 pm

And if you are lucky, there might be free wifi in Jamaica.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Some good info on prices, availability and some tips too (ie write emails offline before sending!)

http://cruiseadvice.org/CruiseShips/WiF ... f+the+seas
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:16 am

I have used the internet over the years. Slow as hell but get the job done
    metal4ever
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:07 am

So happy I was able to sell all 4 of my Game of War accounts for a small profit :D
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks!

Gonna cost me shitload of money to be able to do all my dailies and my raids in the World of Warcraft while on this cruise! :(
    For The Horde!
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:54 pm

Can the computers on the boat even run WoW?
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:57 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:Thanks!

Gonna cost me shitload of money to be able to do all my dailies and my raids in the World of Warcraft while on this cruise! :(

Good luck finding the time to deal with that!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:16 pm

I emailed RC and this was the reply I got- I'm going on the assumption that this is an estimate only but it's somewhere to start anyway.

"Shipboard Wi-Fi Coverage is available on the Liberty of the Seas. Our Wi-Fi service provides easy-to-use wireless internet access that enables our guests to surf the net and send or receive email 24 hours a day through their own internet-based email provider such as AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, or any web-based email provider. Rest assured that you will be able to access the internet from anywhere on the ship, even your own stateroom. All of our ships also offer an internet cafe, which is available 24 hours a day.

Below is an example of the price of available Wi-Fi packages on a 7-night itinerary. At this time there is no per-minute pricing option available.

Family Unlimited Package is $229.95 (2 devices)
    Unlimited Package is $189.95 (Unlimited internet access for your entire vacation)
    Daily Package is $59.90 (24 hours of continuous access from the time of purchase)
    Hourly Package is $29.95 (60 minutes of internet access that can be used in increments throughout the cruise vacation)

Please kindly note that the purchaser of each prepaid package is provided log-in information which may only be used for one internet-capable device at a time. Additionally, prices are quoted in United States Dollars (USD) and are subject to change. Please inquire with the Guest Services Desk onboard for additional assistance."
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1