Post Reply 154 posts
Stuff You DON'T Want to See on the Cruise?
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: Stuff You DON'T Want to See on the Cruise?

by Razor Ramon » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:26 pm

The guys that broke the dog statue and almost got left in Jamaica was way worse. Idiots.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:11 pm

Only dude from the forum I ended up talking to was Jamie, because he introduced himself first.

Same here! Oh wait and that guy from Finland that answered my Tuska questions. I'm terrible with names.
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:59 pm

liser wrote:Only dude from the forum I ended up talking to was Jamie, because he introduced himself first.

Same here! Oh wait and that guy from Finland that answered my Tuska questions. I'm terrible with names.

Ville aka. Memnoch aka. Chewbacca?
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:10 pm

liser wrote:Only dude from the forum I ended up talking to was Jamie, because he introduced himself first.

Only dude from the forum I ended up talking to was Jamie, because he introduced himself first

So, that is in the "Stuff you don;t want to see on the cruise" is meeting me???

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:P
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:

Only dude from the forum I ended up talking to was Jamie, because he introduced himself first

So, that is in the "Stuff you don;t want to see on the cruise" is meeting me???

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:P

Jamie without a beer in his hand is one of the things that I don't want to see on the cruise.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Jamie without a beer in his hand is one of the things that I don't want to see on the cruise.

Hell Ya!!

:pound:

Gotta keep my girlish figure!
    9 Time Vet.
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:40 am

Razor Ramon wrote:The guys that broke the dog statue and almost got left in Jamaica was way worse. Idiots.

It's not an excuse for the destruction (I wanted to capitalize that word just now :metalguy: ) but no one had really bonded with that ship yet like we did on Majesty, so I think that played a role in people just not caring as much..... Also, new people. More douchebaggery in general was bound to occur. Makes 2014's pool closure and hot tub puker seem tame in retrospect.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Yeah, that's him! I wanted to buy him a thank you drink or 2 but every time I saw him he was too drunk and had cut himself off. Guess I'll have to track him down at Tuska.
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:07 pm

liser wrote:

Yeah, that's him! I wanted to buy him a thank you drink or 2 but every time I saw him he was too drunk and had cut himself off. Guess I'll have to track him down at Tuska.

A Finn who thinks he is too drunk and cuts himself off? Mustn't be a real Finn...
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:30 pm

I don't remember that, so it can't be true. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:08 am

I don't remember that, so it can't be true. :lol:

There you are! I still owe you drinks. Tuska it is.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:19 pm

liser wrote:I don't remember that, so it can't be true. :lol:

There you are! I still owe you drinks. Tuska it is.

One thing for certain, you will NOT meet at the Sabaton show at Tuska

:lol: :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:35 am

:lol:

Yeah, there's not enough overpriced piss water beer in Helsinki to get me to watch them. :lol:
    Wishlist:
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:00 pm

Krys wrote:
    Razor Ramon wrote:The guys that broke the dog statue and almost got left in Jamaica was way worse. Idiots.

It's not an excuse for the destruction (I wanted to capitalize that word just now :metalguy: ) but no one had really bonded with that ship yet like we did on Majesty, so I think that played a role in people just not caring as much..... Also, new people. More in general was bound to occur. Makes 2014's pool closure and hot tub puker seem tame in retrospect.

Krys, That "bond" analogy is stupid(sorry). Beer + stupid people = douchebaggery

If doesn´t belong to you don´t brake it.
    metal4ever
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:58 pm

Right, if you need to bond with a ship to keep you from breaking stuff you are a fucking idiot and should just stay in your house.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:25 am

Razor Ramon wrote:Right, if you need to bond with a ship to keep you from breaking stuff you are a fucking idiot and should just stay in your house.

Very much this.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:26 am

The new staff, just bring the staff from the majesty
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:30 pm

1000 extra cruisers.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:36 am

Dimma wrote:1000 extra cruisers.

Stay home, then.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:12 am

broegaard wrote:
    Krys wrote:

It's not an excuse for the destruction (I wanted to capitalize that word just now :metalguy: ) but no one had really bonded with that ship yet like we did on Majesty, so I think that played a role in people just not caring as much..... Also, new people. More in general was bound to occur. Makes 2014's pool closure and hot tub puker seem tame in retrospect.

Krys, That "bond" analogy is stupid(sorry). Beer + stupid people = douchebaggery

If doesn´t belong to you don´t brake it.

I know that and I didn't take anything from the ship... just a theory. Maybe a stupid one, but it takes stupid people to do this sort of stuff. I think it's as wrong as the rest of you.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Snailking
    Oiler

by Snailking » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:07 am

meshuggah wrote:Karate moshers

Fully agreed.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:29 am

bodomdragon wrote:

Stay home, then.

Then what?
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:37 am

Dimma wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

Stay home, then.

Then what?

Oh yeah, the comma was unnecessary. I be sorry, me no speaks proper english, I is spanish, english no native language, tortilla cerveza tacos burrito, hasta la vista baby.
    Wishlist:

• Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:11 am

Oh yeah, the comma was unnecessary. I be sorry, me no speaks proper english, I is spanish, english no native language, tortilla cerveza tacos burrito, hasta la vista baby.[/quote]

You forgot "més que un club" :)
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:16 am

Buga B wrote:You forgot "més que un club" :)

Glad to see our motto is known worldwide :D
    Wishlist:

Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:44 am

You didn't miss the intimacy of The Majesty?

They had it 'just right'. Sure he'll probably make more money, but the exclusiveness is gone now.
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:35 am

3,000 people is still pretty damned exclusive in comparison to the total number of people who want to go and won't ever get to.

Presume, for instance, that every person who has liked the 70K Facebook page wants to go. That's nearly 60,000 people. That means that only 5% (one out of every twenty) of the people who want to go on the cruise will get to, at the current number. It's likely that there are many more than that, as well, as Facebook doesn't account for 100% of the metal population.

As I said, that's damned exclusive, if you ask me.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:15 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:3,000 people is still pretty damned exclusive in comparison to the total number of people who want to go and won't ever get to.

Presume, for instance, that every person who has liked the 70K Facebook page wants to go. That's nearly 60,000 people. That means that only 5% (one out of every twenty) of the people who want to go on the cruise will get to, at the current number. It's likely that there are many more than that, as well, as Facebook doesn't account for 100% of the metal population.

As I said, that's damned exclusive, if you ask me.

This.

It's also 5%, or less, of the audience of a big metal festival, and many single concerts of popular bands have more than 3000 spectators. Yeah, I'd still call it exclusive and even familiar... there's no need to go back to Majesty to get this feeling. Of course if the boat could only fit 500 people it would be even more familiar, just like 6000 would make the opposite effect, but it's very difficult to define where to draw the line. 3000 is still very familiar, and personally I couldn't see such a huge difference with Majesty. On the other hand, I'm happy that 1000 more cruisers got the unique chance to join us this year.
    Wishlist:

Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:38 pm

oh well. Each to their own. I myself prefer not to queue.

The Majesty and crew spoiled me. That was my benchmark.

Hopefully another new ship and crew will perhaps be yours.

Supongo que es la despedida!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:00 am

I agree with Dimma. Almost everything about the Majesty was better. Sure, some of that wasn't due to there being less people but more because of the staff. But the extra 1000 people really showed at the restaurants onbroad (why on Earth the Windjammer buffet was a lot smaller than on the Majesty; the pizza place was a clusterfuck at best and so on), on the ridiculously long lines to/from the ship and in the smaller venues (the Sphinx was bad to begin with, but more people meant it was useless when there were more than 100 people in).

Ok, fair enough, this was the first year on a new boat, so there'll be some changes next year. And most importantly, a new ship means different staff.
    Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:14 am

bodomdragon wrote:I be sorry, me no speaks proper english, I is spanish, english no native language, tortilla cerveza tacos burrito, hasta la vista baby.

LOL. --And next year you'll be able to get tortillas and tacos and burritos on the "new" ship -- for a fee, of course. :roll:

For those wishing for a return to the Majesty, next year will be the last possible time. She is scheduled to be transferred to Pullmantur Cruises, a Royal Caribbean subsidiary, in 2016. Sadly, the end of an era. You always remember your first ship. :cry:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:56 am

Pellaz wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:I be sorry, me no speaks proper english, I is spanish, english no native language, tortilla cerveza tacos burrito, hasta la vista baby.

LOL. --And next year you'll be able to get tortillas and tacos and burritos on the "new" ship -- for a fee, of course. :roll:

As long as I keep having cerveza I'll be happy, I can live without the rest :D
    Wishlist:

• NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:52 am

Dimma wrote:oh well. Each to their own. I myself prefer not to queue.

The Majesty and crew spoiled me. That was my benchmark.

Hopefully another new ship and crew will perhaps be yours.

Supongo que es la despedida!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:46 am

The reason for the food situation on the bigger ship is simple,free food doesn't make Royal Caribbean any more money.I have always heard other people state that"the food is worst in the buffets on bigger ships".The only 2 choices for main dining on the Majesty where free (except for the few entrees that where extra in the main dining room),so everyone ate there and this made one "class of eaters".Johnny Rockets was the only meal option and it was junk food so that doesn't count.If the new ship had great for free meals and changed meals each day,only a few people would try the "for fee" options .Long Lines ,Bad food and the "class system " make people consider paying for food on the cruise,also because they pay for it so tastes better(corporate psychology trick).
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Post Reply 154 posts