Post Reply 19 posts Page 1 of 1
Dining on broad The Liberty
    cowboy71
    Commander

Dining on broad The Liberty

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:11 pm

Just thought I would share this here, so you get an idea of what is included, what is not, and how much it costs:

http://cruiseline.com/ship/liberty-of-the-seas/dining
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: Dining on broad The Liberty

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:30 pm

I guess I better get my tuxedo ready.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Dress: We suggest smart casual attire. On formal evenings (2), formal attire is appropriate in the restaurant, which includes suits and ties or tuxedos for men and dresses for women. Swimwear, shorts and jeans are not permitted.

Seriously??? I wasn't planning on taking a suit onbroad. I will be wearing a jeans for travelling. But I was only planning on taking swimwear, shorts and t-shirts. Not even a formal shirt.

Do I really have to pack that? The website doesn't say so. This cruise is different to other ones, so a jeans, short and t-shirt should suffice no?
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:24 pm

Yeah I think you will be fine. I would think as long as you don't go in wearing just your swimsuit, you'll be fine :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:28 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah I think you will be fine. I would think as long as you don't go in wearing just your swimsuit, you'll be fine :D

Swimsuit, no. Only if I'm drunk, but seeing the prices on the liquor on the ship I think that's unlikely.

But shorts with metal chains, band shirt and accessories, yes!

What's next? Asking us to hide our tattoos :mrgreen:
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 pm

Calm down folks. RC knows we're a different breed and they treat us the way we expect. Tuxedos are permitted but not required ;)

That said, I wonder about those two exclusive dining areas mentioned near the bottom of the list. Are those for special passengers only or do they reduce the requirements there as well?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    RootOfAllEvil
    Crewman

by RootOfAllEvil » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:37 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:That said, I wonder about those two exclusive dining areas mentioned near the bottom of the list. Are those for special passengers only or do they reduce the requirements there as well?

All you guys being onbroad since the first 70K should be Diamond Plus with Gold Lining and Platinum On Top Crown and Anchor members by now...

...or at least soooooooon.

;)
  • Skullhammer
    Oiler

by Skullhammer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:24 pm

I never did a reservation for the restaurant on Majesty.
    Where's the difference between "Main Dining Room (Botticelli, Michelangelo & Rembrandt)" and "My Time Dining (Main Dining Room)"?

This also is interesting:
    Prepaid gratuities are required to participate in My Time Dining - this includes tips for your waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter and stateroom.

Don't remember this on Majesty either, but could be wrong.

Also Sorrento's Pizza was always free of charge but now no longer seems to be.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:08 pm

They recommend dresses for women? Great. I have a Vampira tunic dress that looks nice with plaid stockings. Guess I can wear that when I'm not in a pool.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:30 pm

I'm going to assume the dress code isn't a big deal for 70k. Maybe I'll bring a dress. /shrug

So will the bands most likely be in the paid dining areas?
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:55 pm

The link is for what is offered on a regular cruise. Things will be different on 70K.
    Only one of the main dining rooms will be open since the other one will be used for Merch. There is no "my dining time" and to be honest I don't know which of the specialty restaurants they will have open for us.
    The dress code DOES NOT apply to us at all, but be prepared for no shirt, no shoes, no service.
    The bands will eat at the same places which are available for us.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:03 pm

Wow, yeah, it implies that there's a charge for Sorrentos. Charging money for "meh" pizza? Two cheers for Royal Caribbean!

I'm fairly sure the entire cruise is "My Time Dining" and they won't have assigned-time dining. Previous 70Ks were like that, right?
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:45 pm

Pellaz wrote:they won't have assigned-time dining. Previous 70Ks were like that, right?

the fancier dining venues will be open at assigned times but we can go there whenever we like and without a reservation as far as I know.

And no, dresses will never be mandatory.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:11 am

Yeah, don't worry about the dining formalities at all. I remember last year I walked into Windjammer shirtless and some woman was about to go off on me, but a few other staff intercepted her and reminded her of the clientele.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Thyrfing
    Oiler

by Thyrfing » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:26 am

http://70000tons.com/onboard-information/

"Is there a Dress Code for the Dining Room?

There is no dress code, however, the usual “no shirt, no shoes, no service” rule applies to all of the restaurants and dining rooms on board."
    2015 2016
    2017 2018
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:39 am

Skullhammer wrote:Also Sorrento's Pizza was always free of charge but now no longer seems to be.

From http://www.royalcaribbean.com/liberty and dining options:
    "More complimentary options including Windjammer Café, Jade Sushi and Asian-fusion cuisine, Sorrento's Pizza, Café Promenade for coffee and pastries/snacks, and room service*"
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:00 am

Memnoch wrote:
    Skullhammer wrote:Also Sorrento's Pizza was always free of charge but now no longer seems to be.

From http://www.royalcaribbean.com/liberty and dining options:
    "More complimentary options including Windjammer Café, Jade Sushi and Asian-fusion cuisine, Sorrento's Pizza, Café Promenade for coffee and pastries/snacks, and room service*"

That pizza better be free. No way I'd spend extra money for that crap. Also, I eat way too much of it on the ship. Blah.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:13 am

Just remember too that all tips are pre-paid and included in the cruise price. If you find a great bartender and you get great service you can tip, but it's not required.
  • dholiman2112
    Wiper

by dholiman2112 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:26 pm

The dining dress code is for normal cruises. If you had been on a previous cruse on the Majesty of the Seas there was no dress code. Hell some dude came in with no shirt last year in the fancy dining place.
  • Post Reply 19 posts Page 1 of 1