Post Reply 32 posts Page 1 of 1
Excursions 2015
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

Excursions 2015

by alex_canada » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:10 am

So what's everyone's deal this year?

Personally, I'm looking for 3 other scuba divers to get in on a trip so we can get a free pickup from Ocho Rios to a nearby site.

What are other options? I've done Jamaica in the past, although I was quite young. Dunn's River Falls is alright but not life changing, may be equally fun to just sit around the beach bars.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

Re: Excursions 2015

by Jotunheimr » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:40 am

alex_canada wrote:So what's everyone's deal this year?

Personally, I'm looking for 3 other scuba divers to get in on a trip so we can get a free pickup from Ocho Rios to a nearby site.

What are other options? I've done Jamaica in the past, although I was quite young. Dunn's River Falls is alright but not life changing, may be equally fun to just sit around the beach bars.

How much is the scuba diving? I might be interested.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:55 am

I'm just gonna pretty much find a beach and swim, and try to get some good jerked chicken
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:50 am

I'm really torn. This'll be my first trip south, so the beach is uber tempting. But I'd also like to make the most of the trip.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:04 am

I'm a history nerd, so one of the plantation tours looks interesting. On the other hand, I may be really tired and at least a little hung-over. The beach and the bar sounds like a pretty safe bet.

What's the typical drop-off and pick-up times for our "get off the boat" day? Is it like an all-day thing, or do you just get a few hours? I'll take a trip if we're there for pretty long.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:14 am

I think I might do some ATV'ing with Marvyn tours, it's about $80 plus the cost of the entrance fees. Little more than I wanted to spend so it's about 50/50 between that and laying on the beach.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:12 am

SaraMarie wrote:I'm a history nerd, so one of the plantation tours looks interesting. On the other hand, I may be really tired and at least a little hung-over. The beach and the bar sounds like a pretty safe bet.

What's the typical drop-off and pick-up times for our "get off the boat" day? Is it like an all-day thing, or do you just get a few hours? I'll take a trip if we're there for pretty long.

It all depends on what time we get into port. Jamaica is pretty far We have to get back on the ship by late afternoon, if I'm not mistaken. Statsman will have the info, but I think the first band of the night starts at about 5 or 530 PM.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:14 am

Someone posted the ship itinerary on the FB group wall, it was something like 9-4 that we are in port. 7 hours.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:25 am

Our itinerary says in port 9-16. Regular cruises on Liberty leave Ocho Rios for FL 16:30.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:12 am

I'm a diver. Always have my C-card in my wallet. Let's talk on the boat; cabin 7228

--Bob
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:30 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:

How much is the scuba diving? I might be interested.

Mr. HCI wrote:I'm a diver. Always have my C-card in my wallet. Let's talk on the boat; cabin 7228
    --Bob

Diver here too, how much would it be? Deppending on that I'm either game or not. If it's pricey I'll probably just bring my fins and mask and swim around.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:28 pm

Yeah first bandsm will start playing around 5.30pm on shore day.

I would imagine we need to be back by 4.

Would LOVE to do scuba diving! But I cannot as I have asthma :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:14 pm

I've been swimming like a madman for the past 4 months or so and making all kinds of progress so I thought maybe some snorkeling or scuba would be in the plan but I haven't gotten around to training in either and am pretty sure the short time allotted us in Jamaica won't be enough to take either on as a first timer. Some friends recommended SNUBA (like scuba but oxygen provided by hoses from a boat up above) but they don't seem to have it in Ocho, only in Montego Bay from what I found on a short search.

So, I began looking at other activities and some offered by RC but none held a lot of appeal until I learned of The Blue Hole. Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to be offered on the RC site but the reviews I found say it is 10 times better than Dunn's Falls.

random tourist wrote:We got a local cab driver who was well known to our resort to take us to the blue hole, the road up there is a little sketchy and once you are there you will be swarmed by many locals trying to sell you all kinds of stuff, that's how they make a living so try not to judge. Or guides Omar and Chevron were completely committed to our enjoyment and our safety. The water is amazing, cool and refreshing, they keep you running with a kinds of activities like cliff jumping from 5 feet right up to 40 feet!! Bring a water proof camera and the guides will take oodles of pics, these guys are amazing at what they do, we did Dunns river the day before and this was 10 times the activity.

Going to look into the cost and times for booking this from Canada and will report back here if any are interested. From what others have told me in the past, booking excursions through RC is more expensive than simply doing so in the port of call or independently but not sure if that's true for Ocho Rios or if all here have found this to be true on past trips.

Here's the trip advisor link for a brief intro... LINK

*Edit* - According to this site, it's only $35.00 US. A fairly short trip but maybe a great activity to leave time for more/relaxing afterward.

These guys seem to offer 2 tours to the Irie Blue Hole that are longer in duration and include either water tubing (cool) or fire water (?) but I can't find any pricing so will maybe phone them later.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:54 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I've been swimming like a madman for the past 4 months or so and making all kinds of progress so I thought maybe some snorkeling or scuba would be in the plan but I haven't gotten around to training in either and am pretty sure the short time allotted us in Jamaica won't be enough to take either on as a first timer. Some friends recommended SNUBA (like scuba but oxygen provided by hoses from a boat up above) but they don't seem to have it in Ocho, only in Montego Bay from what I found on a short search.

Don't be deceived by SNUBA thinking because your oxygen is provided by hoses from the surface it means it's safer or easier. Actually it carries the same risks as Scuba as you're also breathing compressed air at depth, and it's equipment that relies on its control by other people, plus the freedom of movement is very lacking, not to mention there is virtually no training involved (this is never a plus, even if it saves you time in a vacation, is it worth sacrificing safety in favor of time?). If you want to explore the underwater world, in my very biased opinion, scuba is the way to go. The next best thing is just snorkeling/skin diving, it means a bit more physical training, but it also means less gear and less cost.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:56 am

I was finally able to pull up Royal's shore excursions on their site. The prices are a bit higher than an independent operator would charge, but a little less than comparable shore excursions on, say, Carnival Cruise Lines. (I was pleasantly surprised.)
    I'm assuming all of their excursions include transportation to and from the pier, BTW, since the website didn't specify.

I'd love a chance to go snorkeling combined with a visit to Dunn's River Falls. They have a couple of possibilities listed, at a price ($51) that would probably be another $15 or $20 on Carnival.

Regarding snuba, I wouldn't do the "helmet dive" type unless it was really cheap, but I've done the "free" kind twice (St. Thomas and Grand Turk) and it was awesome! We had a lot of freedom of movement, especially at Grand Turk, at depths of up to 20 ft.

EDIT: looking at the Blue Hole info posted above...pretty awesome! My only concern would be the sketchy road, etc. If you encounter a delay, the ship won't wait!
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:28 am

Another scuba diver here, would love to do it in Jamaica! Let me know if you find out interesting info about it. Visiting the falls is another great option though.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:56 am

bodomdragon wrote:Another scuba diver here, would love to do it in Jamaica! Let me know if you find out interesting info about it. Visiting the falls is another great option though.

I've done scuba before with friends, but don't hold a PADI scuba cert. I was surprised to see no scuba excursions listed at all for Ocho Rios on Royal's site (since they're a good moneymaker!)..... I was hoping there might be something offered that didn't require a cert.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:05 am

Pellaz wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:Another scuba diver here, would love to do it in Jamaica! Let me know if you find out interesting info about it. Visiting the falls is another great option though.

I've done scuba before with friends, but don't hold a PADI scuba cert. I was surprised to see no scuba excursions listed at all for Ocho Rios on Royal's site (since they're a good moneymaker!)..... I was hoping there might be something offered that didn't require a cert.

I have a PADI certificate so I guess I should be OK, but yeah, sounds strange that there's nothing in their website.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:53 am

Pellaz wrote:

There is an experience PADI has called Discover Scuba Diving which you can do without being certified, it involves the basic training, so a confined water dive is necessary before you go out to the sea (swiming pool, or calm bay). It takes a bit longer because of that but there may be a local operator that could facilitate it within the time window.
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:04 pm

A handful of us were looking at doing the falls + Jamaican bobsled trip
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Can you post a link for the bobsled? Sounds...potentially dangerous
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:19 pm

alex_canada wrote:Can you post a link for the bobsled? Sounds...potentially dangerous

http://www.rainforestadventure.com/jamaica_ocho_rios_tours_excursions/attractions/bobsled_dunns_river_falls/

Judging by the line of people in one of the pics, you'll be stuck behind some slowpokes and the chance to fly down the mountain goes down. Hate when that happens on an alpine slide. :cry:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:35 pm

FYI, the excursions that the bands are doing are now on the website:

http://70000tons.com/voyage/shore-excursions/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:FYI, the excursions that the bands are doing are now on the website:

http://70000tons.com/voyage/shore-excursions/

That's an interesting addition. :lol:
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:42 pm

I want to swim with dolphins with Alex Webster & Corpsegrinder. Lol. The possibilities are endless haha. :lol:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:30 am

hey Folks!

Little question: yeah it is possible to book some excursions now but did someone booked already? or is it better to wait until we are at the boat and book from the boat? i worry about the think that when i book something now ist not avaible at the cruise? or is this booking a save thing that the booked excursion will finally happen?
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
    EpidemicReign
    Petty Officer

by EpidemicReign » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:06 pm

I booked the shark encounter and Dunn's River Falls.
    2018 Booked
    2017 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:41 pm

I think the deadline for pre-booking shore excursions through Royal has passed, or is about to. Those will have to be done on the boat at the Explorations! desk. (They always put the exclamation point afterwards. :lol: )

I'm kinda torn right now between Dunn's River Falls (via Royal, booked on board) .....or going to the Blue Hole, booked through Liberty Tours or one of the Taylors before we leave the U.S. Both of those Blue Hole tour operators are highly recommended on CruiseCritic.

That Blue Hole looks a lot nicer than "my" Blue Hole, which is here. (Everyone calls their local swimming/snorkeling hole "Blue Hole," it seems. :lol: )

Dangit, now I want to do some snorkeling, too. I'm bringing some extra masks and snorkels too, if anyone needs to borrow. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • AllisonC1978
    Oiler

by AllisonC1978 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:33 am

I am doing an early morning (9:30-11:30) Dunns River Falls..trying to find someplace to go snorkeling afterwards, I haven't been in many years and have a nifty waterproof (to 10 feet) camera to play with
    DarthDavy
    Oiler

by DarthDavy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:37 am

alex_canada wrote: may be equally fun to just sit around the beach bars.

Check, checked, double checked, confirmed.

Perhaps a round trip around the Island sounds interesting, the rest is kinda meh and I read a lot of bad reviews for those excursions. I know, the Internet is full of whiners, but still... I do want to see the place, so maybe, only maybe Dunn's River Falls, but I'll decide that on the boat.
    70K 2015 - Cabin #8593
    70K 2016 - Cabin #7691
    70K 2017 - Cabin #7691
    Rosenkreutz
    Wiper

by Rosenkreutz » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:53 pm

hello,
    To any of you going to "The Blue Hole", what trip company are you using, or just getting local transportation there?
    If you are using a trip company, do you know the time they are picking you from the port?
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Rosenkreutz wrote:hello,
    To any of you going to "The Blue Hole", what trip company are you using, or just getting local transportation there?
    If you are using a trip company, do you know the time they are picking you from the port?

I forget the name of our company cuz it was set up by someone else but we leave around 9 am for almost 6 hours
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
Post Reply 32 posts Page 1 of 1