Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1
Do the shows sell out?
  • erik13
    Oiler

Do the shows sell out?

by erik13 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:32 pm

By sell out I mean fill up to the point you can't get in. Or is there room for everyone?
    Last year the wife wanted to see an ice show on this ship and it was full.
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Do the shows sell out?

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Theoretically it could happen.

For example, if for some reason every single person on the boat decided they wanted to check out a certain band playing at any of the venues on broad I think they would have trouble accommodating all 3000 passengers in the one venue.

Shouldn't be an issue though but like any concert - if a band you love is performing, just try and get to their venue early and it will be no problem at all.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Their have been shows that where hard toget into. Several actually.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:06 pm

Amon Amarth in the Chorus line comes to mind.....
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:14 pm

That is why you never see a "big band" on the ship ,because 3,000 people could never fit in a venue.A couple of times ,The Chorus Line" was very crowded Sabaton (2013) ,Helloween ((2013) and Eluveitie (2012) where the most filled I went to.Eluveitie had their first show pushed to 4 in the morning,so a lot of people wanted to see them.The pool deck was never a problem but you might not be able to see or be on the crowd decking they build.
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:22 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:That is why you never see a "big band" on the ship ,because 3,000 people could never fit in a venue.A couple of times ,The Chorus Line" was very crowded Sabaton (2013) ,Helloween ((2013) and Eluveitie (2012) where the most filled I went to.Eluveitie had their first show pushed to 4 in the morning,so a lot of people wanted to see them.The pool deck was never a problem but you might not be able to see or be on the crowd decking they build.

The pool deck on the Liberty is the big unknown quantity.

NO IDEA how that is going to work, and what sort of good vantage points there are going to be.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:00 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:That is why you never see a "big band" on the ship ,because 3,000 people could never fit in a venue.A couple of times ,The Chorus Line" was very crowded Sabaton (2013) ,Helloween ((2013) and Eluveitie (2012) where the most filled I went to.Eluveitie had their first show pushed to 4 in the morning,so a lot of people wanted to see them.The pool deck was never a problem but you might not be able to see or be on the crowd decking they build.

This could be yet another argument against Skipper's "big surprise" being a huge name band. It would be a logistical nightmare trying to accommodate around 3000 people in a single venue on the boat. Imagine a band like Judas Priest or Iron Maiden headlining the theater stage. :shock:
    2020 Wishlist: Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Korpiklaani-/-Moonsorrow-/-Turisas
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:27 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:

This could be yet another argument against Skipper's "big surprise" being a huge name band. It would be a logistical nightmare trying to accommodate around 3000 people in a single venue on the boat. Imagine a band like Judas Priest or Iron Maiden headlining the theater stage. :shock:

While not suggesting we ever 'would' get anyone with that kind of draw, I wouldn't say it would be completely unmanageable if Andy were to pull it off. Would just require assigning wristbands or something and each passenger only gets to attend one set of 2 or maybe 3 depending on seating capacity of largest available venue.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:48 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:

While not suggesting we ever 'would' get anyone with that kind of draw, I wouldn't say it would be completely unmanageable if Andy were to pull it off. Would just require assigning wristbands or something and each passenger only gets to attend one set of 2 or maybe 3 depending on seating capacity of largest available venue.

Damn you and your logic. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist: Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Korpiklaani-/-Moonsorrow-/-Turisas
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:04 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:

I believe that's what the failed Mayhem Cruise was going to do.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:16 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:

OR you can get 2 big acts, and play them at the same time both times, thus forcing people to go once to one and once to the other dividing the 3000 in two.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:22 pm

Risky but could work

Hmmm... so it's Priest and Maiden but they've only agreed to do ONE set each and both are at the same time. Maiden in the big indoor venue and Priest on the Pool Deck. Which do ya choose?

Discuss... ;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:34 am

Tough one, I'd probably try to see both of them. Unless I grab a spot in one of the tubs on the pool deck, then I'd just stay in the tub.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:17 am

Reading all this makes me glad we're not getting Emperor. All those people in one place? You can count me out!
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • AllisonC1978
    Oiler

by AllisonC1978 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:45 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Risky but could work

Hmmm... so it's Priest and Maiden but they've only agreed to do ONE set each and both are at the same time. Maiden in the big indoor venue and Priest on the Pool Deck. Which do ya choose?

Discuss... ;)

Maiden definitely saw Priest a few months ago haven't seen Maiden yet so no contest
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:57 am

Judging by the lack of ween, that is unlikely to happen on this cruise! :D
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1