Post Reply 704 posts
Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application

by slayergeek » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:17 pm

So, the public approval of the application is being held up by Apple, It will likely be approved while we are on the ocean....But they have introduced a Beta program. Anyone who sends me an email with their email address will be able to download and and use the application for 30 days. This email address must match your iTunes account email address.

What the application does

Lists all the bands announced
    Provides easily accessible links to
    You Tube Videos
    Wikipedia Information
    Official Band Links
    Lets you rank bands by Must See, Might See, Wont See
    Let you share your 'Must See' list via IOS standard sharing
    iPhone and iPad
    Push Notification of new band announcements

If you would like access to the application, email me you iTunes/AppleID email address to ron_dorn_1@yahoo.com
    Last edited by slayergeek on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Unofficial 70K Bands App ready for Beta Release

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:50 pm

This is for Apple/iPhones only, not Android (yet), right?
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:56 pm

Pellaz wrote:This is for Apple/iPhones only, not Android (yet), right?

Yep. This is a free project that I am doing on my own, I am not a company or trying to make money. If any Andriod developer wants to make a similar app, I will help them out where I can, but this is not something I would do on my own at this point.
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:16 pm

Cool, thanks. I can't use it and neither can my friend Rafael, but it's still a really awesome thing to do. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Might want to link to http://www.metal-archives.com/ along with Wikipedia, it's a great source of information where you can easily check genres, album reviews, current and past lineups as well as which other bands the members are or have been in.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:06 pm

gundiesalvo wrote:Might want to link to http://www.metal-archives.com/ along with Wikipedia, it's a great source of information where you can easily check genres, album reviews, current and past lineups as well as which other bands the members are or have been in.

Thanks for the tip. I will check it out.
    Survivor

WishList
    hypercube33
    Oiler

by hypercube33 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:42 am

If you're handy with Android stuff an ad-hoc networking store+forward messaging app would be awesome.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:04 pm

hypercube33 wrote:If you're handy with Android stuff an ad-hoc networking store+forward messaging app would be awesome.

I will not do anything for Android. I am one guy with a full time job that is not this, my focus will be on Apple for this one personal project app for a while. That being said, if an Android developer with a passion for 70,000 tons wants my assistance in doing something similar for Andriod, I will help out where I can.

I planning on adding a scheduling feature that should hopefully be ready in July, well before the cruise. When Andy annouces the lineup and you launch the app, it will download the schedule and alert you when your favorite bands are playing. It will also show the schedule is a sortable flexible way. Once the schedule is downloaded no internet connection will be needed from that point forward. Still not sure how to handle scheduling changes, but I have some promising ideas, we'll see how they pan out after the more base scheduling functionality is in place.
    Survivor

WishList
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:13 pm

This should come in really handy for next year!
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Is the app in the store?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:03 pm

Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:12 am

Hey, that's pretty cool. I'd be interested in trying my hand at an Android app, but I'm not experienced in it and have limited time. However, I did recently mess around with Ionic, which I believe you can build both iOS and Android apps from. Guess it depends on my time, I have a new project at work and a new puppy at home, haha. I'll take a look at it, though.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:52 am

Saw last night that this thread got bumped. Ive got a lot of free time coming up this week and could probably bang out an Android one by the end of the week.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:00 am

Monmisreal wrote:Saw last night that this thread got bumped. Ive got a lot of free time coming up this week and could probably bang out an Android one by the end of the week.

That would be great! I'd certainly buy you a few beers in return :3drunks:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:49 am

deathmetalpat wrote:Is the app in the store?

Yep, it is in the app store right now.

Search for 70k Bands
    Survivor

WishList
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:55 pm

This is a good idea ,like the link to YouTube and Metal Acrhives.And we need these for the last twenty bands or so if announcements are like last year's .I like the tally of bands ,I need a minimum of 12 beers and at least 12 more checks for 24 total ,last year came no where close. Right now I have 7 beers and an addition 3 checks as no bands announced are total losers for me.Firewind would be my least interested just because I not familiar with their music but Gus G. Is worth seeing.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:50 pm

Just wanted to give the android users a little heads up. I am working with slayergeek on porting this to android so it might be a little more than week depending on time and how everything works out. He is being really awesome about sharing data so rather than me doing twice the work and having a shotty beta released in a week I think I will take my time and incorporate his data into mine and get it done the right way from the get go.

He is owed more drinks at this point so keep that in mind :stagger:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:08 pm

Wow, awesome! That's great that y'all are sharing and working together.
    2025 Wishlist:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:24 pm

Nice work, guys!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Alright that worked well ,do you have to manually update ?
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Yep worked great! Saw the notification on my phone before I noticed it here or on facebook.

Nice!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:47 pm

This app rocks :beerbang:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:06 am

App didn't pick up Thyrfing for me - anyone else?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:02 am

Nope, totally got it! :beerbang:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:22 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Alright that worked well ,do you have to manually update ?

If you go to the "Line Up" web page, and if you hold your mouse over the logo and it shows the band name, then chances are an automated process I wrote sent you the notification without me doing anything.

Now if that same text that shows up when you hold your mouse over the band name is nothing but a '?', then I had to manually add the data to a file and send out the notification manually.

I am trying to stay on top of this as best I can. Of the bands announced so far %50 are setup correctly so the automation works, and 50% are not. Even todays announcements 1 worked and 1 didn't.

That being said I have no agreement with UMC and my code works by looking at the raw HTML (not a best practice in the least for reliable data collection). I am in contact with UMC and am hoping to gain there cooperation in sorting out these type of issues.
    Survivor

WishList
    manooel
    Crewman

by manooel » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 pm

slayergeek wrote:

If you go to the "Line Up" web page, and if you hold your mouse over the logo and it shows the band name, then chances are an automated process I wrote sent you the notification without me doing anything.

Now if that same text that shows up when you hold your mouse over the band name is nothing but a '?', then I had to manually add the data to a file and send out the notification manually.

I am trying to stay on top of this as best I can. Of the bands announced so far %50 are setup correctly so the automation works, and 50% are not. Even todays announcements 1 worked and 1 didn't.

That being said I have no agreement with UMC and my code works by looking at the raw HTML (not a best practice in the least for reliable data collection). I am in contact with UMC and am hoping to gain there cooperation in sorting out these type of issues.

You sir rock ! Thanks for the app and for taking the time to make something cool that will help a lot of us here, we appreciate it !
    70k 2015 - Cabin #6668
    70k 2016 - Cabin #6111
    70k 2017 - Cabin #6513
    70k 2018 - Cabin #6521
    70k 2019 - Cabin #6659
    70k 2020 - Cabin #9523
    70k 2023 - Cabin #8671
    70k 2024 - Cabin #7535
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:25 am

manooel wrote:You sir rock ! Thanks for the app and for taking the time to make something cool that will help a lot of us here, we appreciate it !

Thanks. FYI posting your feedback to the App Store would be appreciated, as right now the application has 0 reviews.

Thanks

Ron Dorn
    Survivor

WishList
    manooel
    Crewman

by manooel » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:55 am

slayergeek wrote:
    manooel wrote:You sir rock ! Thanks for the app and for taking the time to make something cool that will help a lot of us here, we appreciate it !

Thanks. FYI posting your feedback to the App Store would be appreciated, as right now the application has 0 reviews.

Thanks

Ron Dorn

Just wrote a review. I don't know if it has to be approved or it just takes a while to appear 'cause I don't see it yet :bitch:

If it don't pop up during the day I'll write another one.
    70k 2015 - Cabin #6668
    70k 2016 - Cabin #6111
    70k 2017 - Cabin #6513
    70k 2018 - Cabin #6521
    70k 2019 - Cabin #6659
    70k 2020 - Cabin #9523
    70k 2023 - Cabin #8671
    70k 2024 - Cabin #7535
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:41 pm

manooel wrote:
    slayergeek wrote:

Thanks

Ron Dorn

Just wrote a review. I don't know if it has to be approved or it just takes a while to appear 'cause I don't see it yet :bitch:

If it don't pop up during the day I'll write another one.

The review just posted. Thanks!
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:44 pm

slayergeek wrote:

It appears someone at UMC has now fixed the bad entries and this last batch of announcements came in without an issue.

Thanks! :viking:
    Survivor

WishList
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:43 pm

Andy fill those fields in the HTML, this guy made an amazing job with the app, cooperate a bit!! :P :P

PS: There goes another review to the App store
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:45 pm

I love how when I woke up this morning I could look at my phone and see straight away that Sodom was announced overnight even before I'd unlocked my phone.

Awesome work :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:42 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I love how when I woke up this morning I could look at my phone and see straight away that Sodom was announced overnight even before I'd unlocked my phone.

Awesome work :)

Thanks. Assuming I can get the schedule data things sorted out, you will be really happy with the onboard scheduling feature. Right now a lot of functional of the application is hidden from you until the schedule data is made available. Once the schedule data is made available, the application will gain a LOT of new functionality.
    Survivor

WishList
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Yeah, really enjoying the app.
    I had next to zero cellular data today but was still able to get your updates
    :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Just posted a review for ya - would have given it 10 out of 5 if I could :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:23 pm

I hope UMC works with you with the band schedule ,that is usually so last minute and they even had a couple of mistakes in their original posting last cruise.A way of highlighting sets you want to see ,like on a Calender app ,would be a function most used.The app works smoothly now on my iPhone,iPod touch and iPad.The transitions to the web linked sites are good,'the beers ,checks and no interest tags on bands remind me how much better this line up is is far.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:24 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:,'the beers ,checks and no interest tags on bands remind me how much better this line up is is far.

Indeed !! Lots of beers on mine!!!!! :D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:51 am

deathmetalpat wrote:I hope UMC works with you with the band schedule ,that is usually so last minute and they even had a couple of mistakes in their original posting last cruise.A way of highlighting sets you want to see ,like on a Calender app ,would be a function most used.The app works smoothly now on my iPhone,iPod touch and iPad.The transitions to the web linked sites are good,'the beers ,checks and no interest tags on bands remind me how much better this line up is is far.

You can go into the app preferences and select 'Use Last Year's Data'. If you do this it will show you last years bands with the complete schedule with how it will work on the cruise. Don't worry, your ratings for the current bands will be saved, and you will still get alerts for the latest additions. You will not see the new band additions in the app though until you deselect that option. If some stuff is missing from last year, don't worry about it, that's not the point. It's just a preview of the schedule feature that otherwise would only be available in February
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

Re: Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application

by slayergeek » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:16 am

Renamed the thread to be more appropriate.

This will be the thread to discuss anything related to either the IOS or Android version of the 70K Bands application.
    Survivor

WishList
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

Re: Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application

by Mr. HCI » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:04 pm

Is the android version available yet? Searched for it but no luck. If not, please let us know what to search for and when. Thanks a lot for this great idea. :headbanger:
Post Reply 704 posts