Post Reply 704 posts
Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Unofficial 70K Bands IOS/Android Application

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:57 pm

Just downloaded this to my phone ,I see no push notifications for the announments?It that automatic,works much better already on my iPhone 6 than my 4s from last year.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:09 pm

I have not gotten anything yet on my IPhone 4S yet
    just restarted the app but yet nothing yet
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:12 pm

I have been getting the iPhone announcements on my phone. I will check nvestigate though.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:12 pm

My phone's screen [LG G3] says "Amorphis has been added to the 70K Bands app."

Kinda cool. If I hadn't stumbled across the announcements on FB, the app and my phone would have given me the good news anyway. :headbanger:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:21 pm

I got the 3rd one, maybe I just needed to restart
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:10 pm

slayergeek wrote:I have been getting the iPhone announcements on my phone. I will check nvestigate though.

I know what happened ,had my "do not disturb " on and first announment after install was in the time frame.Turned it off now to check.
    Update :It worked !
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:02 pm

I had noting but trouble with this last year and so far it's 4 for 4, way ahead of facebook. On an S4. Thanks again!
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:35 am

Wife says the notifications are showing on her iPhone 6+
    I'm a Windows dev so two years ago I considered offering my help to port the app to Windows Phone, I'm glad I didn't bother now :P
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:02 am

^My mum and sis are using W10 phones, so you should definitely port the app for it. :beerwink:

The Android app did indeed show the announcements and keep the notifications quiet until morning. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:48 am

My iphone 6s didn't work. I had to uninstall/reinstall. It is working fine now.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:50 am

K I spoke too soon. It's doing something. Anyone else getting this...
    I don't know how to post pictures so bear with me here.
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Yea, I was getting that problem on and off, but was having a hard time reproducing it.

I 'think' I finally found and fixed the underlying issue today. Please load the latest version (released today) 220160701.

That version 'should' fix this issue. If you are running that version, and see the problem again, let me know.
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:08 pm

The Death Angel announment was only seconds after Andy posted it on the forum.The Push Notification on the Apple Watch works nicely also.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:20 am

I released a new Android version yesterday.

Added pull to refresh!

This was the last feature that was an IOS exclusive. The two versions of the tool are now 100% feature identical.

Finally and really fixed refresh bug where the display would get all funky. (I hope)

Removed refresh button
    Fixed blank icon for alerts on newer Android releases.

Let me know if you encountered any issues.
    Survivor

WishList
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:33 am

So the app will alert when a new band is announced? When I looked at the available alerting settings on the app I only saw alerting options related to events on the ship.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:21 am

General Zod wrote:So the app will alert when a new band is announced? When I looked at the available alerting settings on the app I only saw alerting options related to events on the ship.

Yep. The alerts for band announcements are always on, and not customizable.

The alerts for the on ship schedule are subject to all kinds of preferences customization. What preference would you like to see for announcements? If you don't want them, you can turn off notification for app in general.
    Survivor

WishList
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:39 am

slayergeek wrote:Yep. The alerts for band announcements are always on, and not customizable.

Perfect.

slayergeek wrote:The alerts for the on ship schedule are subject to all kinds of preferences customization. What preference would you like to see for announcements?

I think what's there is more than sufficient. Thanks for the quick reply.
    Last edited by General Zod on Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:44 am

You should replace the Beer Mug, Check Box, "Do Not" Symbol and Question Mark icons with the Razor Ramon pictures Razor uses when providing us with his opinion when bands are announced!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:11 pm

mbob wrote:You should replace the Beer Mug, Check Box, "Do Not" Symbol and Question Mark icons with the Razor Ramon pictures Razor uses when providing us with his opinion when bands are announced!

"Special Razor Ramon skin." :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:59 am

For those Android users who were getting the double notifications..

Did the last announcement come through twice?

To anyone who did not get the announcement...do you have a VERY old version of the program? I disabled older Parse support to try and fix this issue...so update the software (you have missed out on about 8 updates at least)
    Survivor

WishList
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:02 am

I am on Andriod and only received 1 alert this time.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:30 am

Same here. Only one alert this time. Perfectly fixed. Thanks!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:50 pm

Fixed for me to. Thanks !
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:20 pm

Sorry for the late reply and mine was good as well
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:57 am

Glad that fixed the issue.

If anyone spots any more issue's speak up, that how these things get fixed :)
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:45 pm

To all the new guys joining the forum and the cruise.

Don't forget to download the 70K bands application.

Not only do you get band announcements pushed to your phone. It also allows you to research and rank the bands.

Once the schedule is made available (a few days before the cruise hopefully) it will be available on you phone within the app and send you notifications before the bands you are interested in are about to go on.

See you on board
    Survivor

WishList
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:07 am

Hey guys, wanted to give everyone an update on how the application is doing.

iPhone/Apple users - 386
    Android Users - 338

Total - 724

Users by County

U.S. - 331
    Canada - 89
    Germany - 46
    Switzerland - 32
    Mexico - 20
    Costa Rica - 14
    Norway - 12
    Finland - 9
    U.K. - 9
    Netherlands - 8
    Brazil - 6
    Other - 148

My expectation is that we will have at least 1,000 users by sail which would represent 1/3 of the cruisers on the cruise!

Thank you everyone for your support
    Survivor

WishList
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:34 am

slayergeek wrote:Hey guys, wanted to give everyone an update on how the application is doing.

iPhone/Apple users - 386
    Android Users - 338

Total - 724

Users by County

U.S. - 331
    Canada - 89
    Germany - 46
    Switzerland - 32
    Mexico - 20
    Costa Rica - 14
    Norway - 12
    Finland - 9
    U.K. - 9
    Netherlands - 8
    Brazil - 6
    Other - 148

My expectation is that we will have at least 1,000 users by sail which would represent 1/3 of the cruisers on the cruise!

Thank you everyone for your support

How many in Spain? Hopefully I'm not the only one :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:46 am

bodomdragon wrote:How many in Spain? Hopefully I'm not the only one :D

Spain right now is under 'other' in my reports from Google and Apple. Don't have any information other then that. Spread the word among your Spanish 70K brethren and I will update this in a month or two :)
    Survivor

WishList
  • Masterbas
    Petty Officer

by Masterbas » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:43 am

I'm proud to be part of those 89 Canadian :). But is that by apps purchase? If so, it's probably more because my wife and I are on the same account for our apps, she has it installed as well.
    2017 - Cabin 9580
    2018 - Cabin 9611
    2019 - Cabin 9675
    2020 - Cabin 8233
    2023 - Cabin 7669
    2024 - Cabin 8659

3.Inches.of.Blood./.Aeternam./.Aether.Realm./.Alestorm./.Alien.Weaponry./.Allegaeon./.Amon.Amarth./.Amorphis./.An.Abstract.Illusion./.Augury./.Avantasia./.Avatar./.Barren.Earth./.Battlecross./.Before.The.Dawn./.Be'lakor./.Beyond.Creation./.Blackguard./.Blind.Guardian./.Cruachan./.Dark.Lunacy./.Dark.Funeral./.Dark.Oath./.Dark.Tranquillity./.Death.Angel./.Devin.Townsend./.Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter./.Dimmu.Borgir./.Draconian./.Dragonforce./.Drakum./.Dreamtale./.Eluveitie./.Ensiferum./.Epica./.Equilibrium./.Euphoreon./.Evocation./.Exmortus./.Ex.Deo./.Fear.Of.Domination./.Finntroll./.Fracturus./.Ghost.Ship.Octavius./.Gloryhammer./.Gojira./.Grailknights./.Hammerfall./.Hands.of.Despair./.Heathen.Foray./.Heidevolk./.Helloween./.Helsott./.Hollow./.Horizon.Ignited./.Insomnium./.In.Vain./.Kalmah./.Kataklysm./.Kissin.Dynamite./.Korpiklaani./.Kreator./.Lord.Of.The.Lost./.Manegarm./.Marianas.Rest./.Mayan./.Moonsorrow./.Moonspell./.Mors.Principium.Est./.Mors.Subita./.Myrath./.Naglfar./.Ne.Obliviscaris./.Nekrogoblikon./.Night.Demon./.Novembers.Doom./.Omnium.Gatherum./.Orphaned.Land./.Persefone./.Powerglove./.Powerwolf./.Psychework./.Revocation./.Rivers.of.Nihil./.Rotting.Christ./.Sabaton./.Saltatio.Mortis./.Scar.Symmetry./.Serenity./.Shade.Empire./.Shape.the.Above./.Shylmagoghnar./.Sonata.Arctica./.Spacemak3r./.Starkill./.Steel.Panther./.Stratovarius./.Striker./.Svartsot./.Swallow.the.Sun./.Tarot./.Tenacious.D./.Terasbetoni./.The.Agonist./.The.Black.Dahlia.Murder./.The.Halo.Effect./.Therion./.Trollfest./.Turisas./.Tyr./.Unleash.the.Archers./.Van.Canto./.Varg./.Wilderun./.Wintersun./.Wolfheart

Red- Out for being on-board last year
    Green- It's ON
    Cyan- Most Wanted
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:07 am

Masterbas wrote:I'm proud to be part of those 89 Canadian :). But is that by apps purchase? If so, it's probably more because my wife and I are on the same account for our apps, she has it installed as well.

The theory is, this should be installs to unique devices.
    Survivor

WishList
    CyBeRiaNO
    Wiper

by CyBeRiaNO » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:21 am

Wonderful app.

Another download from Argentina (iOS) :D

We are 5 friend going, I will tell their to install this app. :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:17 pm

I've used this app since I got my ticket to 70K this year and love it for tracking the bands I want to go to. I really appreciate you taking the time to code this app for all of us.

However I was just thinking it would be great if instead of the 3 options (must, might and wont) if it was set up as 2 sets, 1 set, maybe, wont. The logic I have behind this, and I know it would be a little work to program, would be so that you can compile this data into a schedule so we can arrange for the best times to see the bands we want to see to avoid any potential conflicts (ex: we have a 1 setter band that conflicts with a 2 setter or another 1 setter, than it can recommend which set is best to catch).

I know other festivals have done this so you can schedule your personal itinerary for bands to watch, but that is a lot more simpler as bands only play once each.

Any thoughts on adding something like this?
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    Wacken - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    MetalDays - 2014
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:15 pm

crazemidgt wrote:I've used this app since I got my ticket to 70K this year and love it for tracking the bands I want to go to. I really appreciate you taking the time to code this app for all of us.

However I was just thinking it would be great if instead of the 3 options (must, might and wont) if it was set up as 2 sets, 1 set, maybe, wont. The logic I have behind this, and I know it would be a little work to program, would be so that you can compile this data into a schedule so we can arrange for the best times to see the bands we want to see to avoid any potential conflicts (ex: we have a 1 setter band that conflicts with a 2 setter or another 1 setter, than it can recommend which set is best to catch).

I know other festivals have done this so you can schedule your personal itinerary for bands to watch, but that is a lot more simpler as bands only play once each.

I might consider that for next year.

My philosophy for this year, is not to arrange an all encompassing itinerary to follow, but more to show/alert you to the shows and events that are going on, let you know what you thought of them by band, and let you decide where you want to go on the fly.

So you might find it hard to plan your Sunday schedule on Thursday, but you will know where to go next.

So more provide information, then 'tell you where to go' :)

Unlike last year, where I only showed one show per band, this year I will show all events in one list (with old events disappearing an hour after they start). So things are getting better this year. This along with adding filters for venues and type of events, should hopefully progress things in the right direction.

Right now my biggest challenge will be getting the scheduled entered into the app once it is released. Last year the schedule was release earlier then in past years, and I am hoping that trend continues. Last year I was able to do a LOT of my data entry and formatting on the plane, so I could enjoy the pre-parties. If the same happens this year, I will be very, very happy :)

I am going to be at the Clevelander around 7pm on the 31st after flying in from San Francisco. If the schedule is released the morning or early afternoon of the 31st or before, I will be in great shape. If it released, let's say on the 1st, do not expect to see much of me at any events for a bit, as I will be locked in my room trying to get everything in without mistakes :)
    Survivor

WishList
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:39 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    crazemidgt wrote:I've used this app since I got my ticket to 70K this year and love it for tracking the bands I want to go to. I really appreciate you taking the time to code this app for all of us.

I might consider that for next year.

My philosophy for this year, is not to arrange an all encompassing itinerary to follow, but more to show/alert you to the shows and events that are going on, let you know what you thought of them by band, and let you decide where you want to go on the fly.

So you might find it hard to plan your Sunday schedule on Thursday, but you will know where to go next.

So more provide information, then 'tell you where to go' :)

Unlike last year, where I only showed one show per band, this year I will show all events in one list (with old events disappearing an hour after they start). So things are getting better this year. This along with adding filters for venues and type of events, should hopefully progress things in the right direction.

Right now my biggest challenge will be getting the scheduled entered into the app once it is released. Last year the schedule was release earlier then in past years, and I am hoping that trend continues. Last year I was able to do a LOT of my data entry and formatting on the plane, so I could enjoy the pre-parties. If the same happens this year, I will be very, very happy :)

I am going to be at the Clevelander around 7pm on the 31st after flying in from San Francisco. If the schedule is released the morning or early afternoon of the 31st or before, I will be in great shape. If it released, let's say on the 1st, do not expect to see much of me at any events for a bit, as I will be locked in my room trying to get everything in without mistakes :)

Cool! I like the plan you have in place.
    I think just by adding the 2 set, 1 set, option I think it would allow people to plan better who they want to see. Right now my app is filled with musts, but I know out of those musts only a handful are definite two setters the rest I am only interested in going to see one set just to check the band out.
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    MetalDays - 2014
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:56 pm

crazemidgt wrote:Cool! I like the plan you have in place.
    I think just by adding the 2 set, 1 set, option I think it would allow people to plan better who they want to see. Right now my app is filled with musts, but I know out of those musts only a handful are definite two setters the rest I am only interested in going to see one set just to check the band out.

If I change it to be 2 sets,1 set ,0 sets this leaves out the 'might' if there is time.

I could make it 4 options. Must, Might, Wont, and 2 Setter I would assume the Must and 2 Setting would trigger the same alerts and aside from the icon different (2 beer mugs I guess) would pretty much be identical.

Is this something along the lines that would work for your use case?
    Survivor

WishList
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:49 pm

App is excellent,thanks for the work you put in.Love the push to Apple Watch ,getting the vibration and seeing the adds after this long break is awesome.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    crazemidgt
    Crewman

by crazemidgt » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:05 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    crazemidgt wrote:Cool! I like the plan you have in place.

If I change it to be 2 sets,1 set ,0 sets this leaves out the 'might' if there is time.

I could make it 4 options. Must, Might, Wont, and 2 Setter I would assume the Must and 2 Setting would trigger the same alerts and aside from the icon different (2 beer mugs I guess) would pretty much be identical.

Is this something along the lines that would work for your use case?

Something like that would be cool. So like a double must instead of a single must. I don't care too much about notifications cause I most likely won't have my phone on me for the duration of the cruise but prior when I am keeping track it would come in handy.
    70K 2017 Cabin - 6232

70K Survivor - 2015
    MetalDays - 2014
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:48 pm

got 6 GHO notifications today from the app
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:05 pm

Azazel101 wrote:got 6 GHO notifications today from the app

Yea, fixed it.

For some reason the formatting of the 70K artist page was different when GHO was announced and it didn't get picked up. So I manually added it. Then 70K folks fixed the issue, causing the renotofication and double entries due to differences between the manual and automatic data.

Took a few tries to get everything sorted out.

Sorry about that :)
    Survivor

WishList
Post Reply 704 posts