Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1
2015 cruise reports
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

2015 cruise reports

by Godflesh » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:22 am

I don't if you guys have another report thread, if not I'm starting this one.
    It's a partial report mostly focused on the music, rather than the other cruise aspects, that seem covered in other threads.
    Disclaimer: these are only raw impressions from the shows I caught, and are not meant to reflect any kind of reality or truth other than in my head.

It was my first time, and I only did it “half-time”: shows from 5pm to 3am, the rest at the pool or beach.
    I caught 33 shows:
    Stole the cruise for me (twice!):
    • Napalm Death (unbelievable), Behemoth (best metal)
    Kicked ass (chronological order):
    • Annihilator (best musicians, plus the original singer was there), Korpiklaani (revelation), Cannibal Corpse (amazing), Michael Schenker (with two other Scorpions O.G.s), Origin (best humour), Trollfest (craziest), Corrosion of Conformity (best feeling), Jam session (see below), Soulfly (for the classic Sepultura songs), Alestorm (most fun)
    Good but I expected more:
    • Melechesh (bad sound), Monstrosity (repetitive), Destruction (needs a second guitarist live), Venom (new album sucks, old songs rock)
    Worth a listen:
    • God Dethroned, Apocalyptica, Thy Antichrist, 1349, Gurd
    I wanted to see them but missed them:
    • Enthroned, Exhumer, Hate Colony, Jungle Rot, Masacre, Municipal Waste, Whiplash
    Ran away after 5mn:
    • Equilibrium, Therion, Einherjer, Arch Enemy, Wintersun, In Extremo, Tank, Lake of Tears, Amorphis, Trouble
    Other bands I didn’t see:
    • Abandon Hope, Adaliah, Anvil, Artillery, Blind Guardian, Claim the Throne, Crucified Barbara, D-A-D, Dark Sermon, Divided Multitude, Ensiferum, Gama Bomb, Grave Digger, Heathen, Helstar, Kataklysm, Pretty Maids, Primal Fear, Refuge, Riot, Suborned, Threshold, Triosphere

The jam session with Jeff Waters was with top musicians from many bands, notably:
    Ace of Spades with Cronos (Venom) on bass and vocals, Mike (Destruction) on guitar, Specki (In Extremo) on drums
    Paranoid with Cronos (Venom) on bass and vocals, Mike (Destruction) and Andre (Blind Guardian) on guitars
    Breaking the law with Ralf (Primal Fear) on vocals (tell me again why this guy was rejected as Rob’s replacement in Judas?), Danny (Venom) on drums
    Highway Star with Doogie White (MSG) on vocals, Danny (Venom) on drums, Jacob (D-A-D) and Alex (Primal Fear) on guitar
    Seek and Destroy with Schmier (Destruction) on vocals, Mike (Annihilator) on drums, Oscar (Annihilator) and Markus (Ensiferum) on guitar
    Walk with Max Cavalera (Soulfly) on vocals
    Immigrant Song with Hansi (Blind guardian) on vocals, Alex (Primal Fear) on guitar
    Black Sabbath with Barney (Napalm Death) on vocals!!!!, Stu (Venom) on guitar
    Purple Haze with Michael Schenker on guitar and Herman Rarebell on drums
    Shot down in flames with Hansi (Blind Guardian) on vocals, Michael Schenker and Jeff Waters on guitars, Herman Rarebell on drums, Tomasz (Behemoth) on bass

This was an amazing boatload of fun (pun intended), with the craziest crowd I’ve ever seen. For example, during one of the Alestorm shows, half the crowd spontaneously sat down and started rowing!
    Speaking of Alestorm, at the end of their second show, they invited the whole crowd to finish the night drinking with them. Then the singer shouted “Take me to the bar!” and jumped into the crowd, who carried him all the way from the stage to the bar outside, where he ordered rum while still being carried by the crowd. It should be noted that it was 3am on the last day, and most people had to get up around 7:00 to prepare to disembark.

Some thoughts:
    • A somewhat disappointing lineup compared to expectations perhaps, but it was still awesome, and the real fun is the audience 
    • Metalcore has been MIA since the first edition it seems. Perhaps it’s a US-only phenomenon, since the cruise represents 65 nationalities, with 50% coming from Northern Europe. Germany #1 (significantly), US #2, Canada #3. Germans love old-school thrash and power metal and it shows in the lineup, although last year there were bands such as D.R.I. and Fear Factory.
    • Folk and symphonic metal are HUGE these days, they seem to be an order of magnitude bigger than any other metal genre in terms of audience draw.
    • Being randomly seated with band members at the dinner table is great!
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Frog.Leap-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2015 cruise reports

by SaraMarie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:18 pm

Man, I'm still so exhausted to write up on everything, but it was certainly a good time.

My highlights:
    • The pirate pre-cruise cruise (met a few really cool folks there, more laid-back than while on the actual ship)
    • My roommates were all super cool girls
    • Origin motherfucking pillow fight mosh pit
    • Really jam-packed schedule of bands I wanted to see with few conflicts (only missed Masacre)
    • Amorphis doing their classics
    • Fucking Korpiklaani and Alestorm pits were NUTS

I could point out low-lights, but there's really no point. Just maybe we could get quicker communication about delays and shit is all, don't tell me hours after the fact that Alestorm won't be on, somebody coulda walked on stage and said something. I had to find out by sitting there for an hour and realizing the "roadies" were actually members of Primal Fear setting up. Their last show really made up for it, though.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:03 pm

SaraMarie wrote:don't tell me hours after the fact that Alestorm won't be on, somebody coulda walked on stage and said something.

They did though. About 15 min before their set started, the band walked on stage an announced that their guitarist went into "labour last night and had a baby boy earlier that morning", and that their show would be postponed until that evening.
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:33 pm

Weird, I didn't hear them say that. Actually, it was at the rescheduled show where they joked about there not being a baby, though I think a lot of people don't believe that. Doesn't really matter, I just didn't hear any announcement in the morning. Would've been a good time for a nap!
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:51 am

The band posted drunken pictures of their guitarist on instagram...
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:13 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:The band posted drunken pictures of their guitarist on instagram...

Well, who cares? They ended up rescheduling their show to a much, much more appropriate time to have a party, without overlappings - unlike the original time - and with all the members in full energy. Cheers to that, I don't care about the details!
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:52 am

MUSICAL HIGHLIGHTS:

- Alestorm's second set. What a fucking crazy party that was.

- Both sets of Blind Guardian. Loads of fun and almost completely different sets (only Valhalla and Mirror Mirror in common).

- Threshold. These guys are completely underrated, and their singer is one of the craziest, more energetic persons I've ever seen on a stage. Besides, they are incredibly amazing, down-to-earth guys.

- Triosphere, Therion, Heathen, Pretty Maids, Annihilator. Awesome shows by all of them, I enjoyed them much more than expected. I didn't have big hopes on Heathen and Annihilator and ended up kicking ass. I liked other bands too but these listed here were the best I watched besides the aforementioned.

- I wouldn't call it a highlight but it was a good thing that Wintersun's second set was based on their first album. The first set was boring and predictable (basically all Time I + The Way of the Fire + Winter Madness).

WHAT I ENJOYED THE MOST - BESIDES THE SHOWS:

- People. You. Your friends. My friends. The artists. The pool girls. Everyone.

- I travelled to Miami in the same flight as Trollfest, Threshold and Venom, and my friends and I were sitting between the first two. We became sort of friends with the Threshold guys and that lasted for the whole trip, especially with one of their members.

- Security. I criticised them last year seeing how they pushed crowdsurfers back to the pit instead of picking them. This year I only saw that in a couple of the first concerts, then that changed and they started picking everyone nicely. Even I crowdsurfed a few times and everything was alright. Thanks, guys.

- The ice rink scenario. Flawless. Great sound, great space, great views.

- The surf simulator. Lots of fun! That thing is addictive.

- Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica. And the atmosphere at the beach.

- I sort of crowdsurfed inside an elevator once. I don't even understand how I did that, but it was fucking cool.

WHAT WAS NOT SO COOL:

- All the scenarios except for the ice rink could have been better. The pool deck was not suitable for a concert (jacuzzis, railings and different floor levels in the pit? Bad idea...), more seats should have been removed from the theater and the Sphynx was a complete disaster, with a bad sound and you couldn't see shit unless you were standing in the first two rows.

- The food at the classy restaurant was disappointing. This has been mentioned a milion times so I won't go through it anymore.

- Andy's speech.

- The looong lines everywhere. I'm sure the merch guys did a great job - kudos!! - but isn't it possible to get two or three more people there to help them out?

- The karaoke placement. The atmosphere remained colder than I expected.

- The catacombs would have been a GREAT place for a metal disco, or even for a regular pub. Instead, there was virtually no music there so of course it was dead.

- The fact that the cruise doesn't last forever.

I might be forgetting a thing or two, but this pretty much sums up my experience this year. See you all in 2016 and please, dollar, stop getting better :)
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Bodomdragon you are SPOT ON with your criticisms - I agree 1,000% with all of them!

Added to that some other constructive criticism:

Meet and greets - 4 on at the same time, in 4 different locations. WHAT THE HECK? Terrible idea!
    Listening parties - good idea in theory, but PLEASE let us know beforehand that we cannot take phones, cameras, etc.
    Strobe lights - STOP IT! Ensiferum's second set in the theatre there were multiple people that could not even look at the stage due to the ridiculous over use of strobes.

BUT THE GOOD.

- TROUBLE! Oh wow they were THE highlight of the cruise. The new singer is perfect. And to chat with Bruce Franklin....wow I've got goosebumps just thinking back to it
    - Hot tub at the side of stage. Hahaha that was some fun! Was awesome watching Cannibal Corpse, Michael Schenker and Therion from there
    - Jamaica. Great location. Had a great time eating lunch with the bass player from Cannibal Corpse. Great guy.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:44 am

I enjoyed the cruise far more than I expected. So much even that I'm actually thinking of booking for next year if:
    - one of my absolute favourites (Delain, Primordial, Hail of Bullets) is announced, and
    - a couple of good old school death metal bands and a couple of girlie bands are announced

Might even book early on if one of the three favourites of mine are announced among the first bands.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:32 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Strobe lights - STOP IT! Ensiferum's second set in the theatre there were multiple people that could not even look at the stage due to the ridiculous over use of strobes.

Agreed.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    jeff_tentacles
    Oiler

by jeff_tentacles » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:54 pm

As this was my first cruse, I had no idea what to expect and having someone very close to me pass away a week before departure made me a little less excited. But I had an absolutely amazing, unforgettable time.

Highlights:
    Annihilator - Both sets were fantastic. Got to crowd surf in the hottub for their second set, which wasn't much more than a bunch of people holding me up and spinning me around, but was certainly something awesome.
    Got to hangout with Coburn Pharr (the old singer) in the Sphinx, he totally though I was someone important and started introducing me to the lead singer of trouble and some other random band members, he kept calling me Dave. He wanted us to sing John Denver for Karaoke. After about 20mins of us hanging out it got a little creepy so I told him my name was Jeff, not Dave, He looked at me and said "are you serious?! You're killin' me!" and walked off. Didn't see him for the rest of the cruse.

Origin - These guys were the main reason I was on the cruse, the drummer and singer live near me and are good friends of mine. When they got booked on the cruse, a bunch of us pooled our resources to be able to attend this year. The pillow fight was a great idea, although ship logistics put a damper on the event, was still fun as hell. More mosh pits should involve pajamas and fluffy pillows. Also the "rock the boat" wall of death at the Sphinx was great time! and holy crap with the crowd surfing. There was at least 2 people up at all times, really gave those security guys a workout, who were awesome by the way, there were a few guys at the ice rink that were pushing people back into the pit, not most of them were grabbing people carrying them to safety. Great job!

Corrosion of Conformity
    - Missed their first set which bummed me out, but was front row for the entirety of their second set. Even with missing some of their lineup they put on a hell of a show. Got to meet Karl Agell and gave him my bands T-shirt and saw him later at the bar waring it! I had a shit eating grin from ear to ear.

Municipal Waste - Also missed their first set, which was a major bummer since it was on the pool deck and heard it kicked ass. But their second set in the ice rink did not disappoint, was mashpit madness. Had a blast throwing myself around with everyone. Municipal Waste is gunna fuck you up! Also got to meet the singer Tony Foresta late the last night, we were both shit bag hammered, if I hadn't get a picture with him, probably wouldn't have remembered it.

Napalm Death - Put on a fantastic show. I dig that their current guitar player is from Rochester NY and used to play in Sulaco, who I've had the pleasure of playing shows with on a few occasions.

Behemoth - Great shows,no surprise there.

Cannibal Corpse
    - Always heavy, their pool stage set was a tad better in my option, but maybe that's because I was in a hot tub. Also got to do the excursion with Paul Mazurkiewicz (Drummer of CC), who is an awesome dude by the way.

WinterSun - This was a surprise to me, never really gave them much thought, but after I saw them on the pool deck (from the hot tub of course) I'm a believer, fantastic guitar work and a great overall show.

Michael Schenker Temple of Rock
    - Only got to see their first set in the Platinum, but man it was good. I was laughing my ass off when they got the whole place singing 'Rock You Like a Hurricane' and yeah, I was singing along too.

Apocalyptica - Really liked their first album, but never really followed them after that. I could do without the drummer and the singer, but they played the fun covers I remember, and did anyone catch the rendition of 'My Heart Will Go On' on the pool deck? was good for a chuckle.

HelStar - Had never heard these guys before but I love me some thrash metal. They were the first band I saw on board and they ruled, singer does some serious Dio channeling. He also did some awesome Karaoke.

Trollfest - Really cool sound and fun songs, never heard them before but I really dug their set at the ice rink.

Food
    No issues with the food, I mean, I'm not expecting to get 5 star food, after hearing about food poisonings and rancid food on cruses in the news in the past few years I was skeptical about quality, but liked everything I ate, and no diarrhea! Went to the fine dining twice, and really enjoyed myself, got the lamb and the giant shrimp as my main courses and walked out full and happy. The Pizza left a little to be desired, but I only ate it at 3am on when I was too drunk to care.

Karaoke
    SO much fun, wish I could have done more of it.

Lowlights
    Its really hard for me to complain here because I had such a great time, but if my opinion is worth a shit, here's my two cents

Waiting in Lines (mainly for merch)
    - Lines, so many lines. I mean there's 3000+ of us on one ship so I understand that there's going to be some queuing, but the line for the main merch store was ridiculous, I tryed to go twice and gave up b/c I would rather see bands. My cabin mate waited 3 hours to buy stuff, that's just absurd.

Water - We're all drinking alcohol like maniacs and 'water, water, everywhere and not a drop to drink' went through my head a few times during the cruse. And did anyone else think the water at the pizza place tasted weird? Like unhealthy weird, I drank it a few times but then just ended up wondering to a bar and waiting in line to order a cup of water.

Karaoke management
    - I'm someone who enjoys some karaoke, so I was pleased to see it was such a big thing on the cruse, just in my opinion could have been executed better. Sign up was a free for all, no indication on where you were on the queue, or if they'd even get to your song before daybreak, and the fact the stage barrier was up for karaoke was just silly.

Not being able to see every band - Unavoidable, but still shitty.

Now that's out of the way,
    This was so much fun and I'll be back year after year if I can, this is a seriously great event with seriously great people.

:bangers:
    2015 Survivor - 8256
    2016 ????
    WishList: Forbidden,Gojira,Goreguts,DeathspellOmega,PigDestroyer,KingParrot,UltraVomit,Cynic,Martyr,
    CarpathianForest,Krisiun,Ihsahn,SymphonyX,Macabre,Nile,Aborted,ElectroQuarterstaff,DreamTheater,
    KeepOfKalessin,OldMan'sChild,SpawnofPossession,Psycroptic,UliJonRoth,Hammerfall,AtTheGates,Opeth
    mpaled,Ghoul,Suffocation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:00 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Strobe lights - STOP IT! Ensiferum's second set in the theatre there were multiple people that could not even look at the stage due to the ridiculous over use of strobes.

Agreed.

Yeah I was already so drunk I was seeing double, add the lights on top and I had to leave.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:00 am

Listening more to Sodom, and given my disappointment with Venom and Destruction, I think I have a problem with power trios, they just don't do it for me on stage, unless they're Motorhead, one of my favorite bands.
    Are you guys fans of power trios as good as Motorhead?
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dethklok-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Frog.Leap-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Gutalax-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Mercyful.Fate-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:54 am

Godflesh wrote:Listening more to Sodom, and given my disappointment with Venom and Destruction, I think I have a problem with power trios, they just don't do it for me on stage, unless they're Motorhead, one of my favorite bands.
    Are you guys fans of power trios as good as Motorhead?

Coroner
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1