Post Reply 18 posts Page 1 of 1
After cruise thought : Security question
    ttiger
    Crewman

After cruise thought : Security question

by ttiger » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:03 am

Well is this just me or all those drunk guys jumping and belly splashing in the jacuzzi was just dangerous, if not lethal.... i mean, the jacuzzi is not really deep and someone could get very badly hurt!! No security guy ever think to tell them to not doing it? I mean broke your backbone and/or die is pretty easy doing that kind of move in not deep water.

:party:
    Within temptation, Deathstars, BABYMETAL, Draconian, Diablo Swing Orchestra, OOmph, Megahertz, Dimmu Borgir, Eisbreche, Pain, HEAVENWOOD, HIM, Dope Stars Inc., Ram-Zet, After Forever, The Birthday Massacre, The 69 eyes, Turmion Kätilöt
  • big perken
    Crewman

Re: After cruise thought : Security question

by big perken » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:44 am

Security shut down our circlepit in the hot tub for municple waste so they where around.
  • erik13
    Oiler

by erik13 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:35 pm

they were taking buckets away from people after all the splashing during Cannibal Corpse.
    All in all I thought security did a great job and pretty much let people do what they wanted, within reason
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Security were great as always. A few new guys that were a bit green early, but learnt quickly.

Utmost respect for them all - great guys who I miss almost as much as my metal family!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    gundiesalvo
    Petty Officer

by gundiesalvo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:40 am

Most of the security staff was great in my opinion. The only thing they didn't seem to understand at first was that crowdsurfers should NOT be pushed back into the crowd but taken down and sent their way, but eventually they got that one right. All in all, nice people.
    70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
    70000 Tons 2016 ?
    Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:24 am

gundiesalvo wrote:Most of the security staff was great in my opinion. The only thing they didn't seem to understand at first was that crowdsurfers should NOT be pushed back into the crowd but taken down and sent their way, but eventually they got that one right. All in all, nice people.

We told them to take them down for the first 2 days, and they finally did it. At first they told us they understand but they had to follow the order that was to push them back. After 2 days they finally take them down and I thanked them for it. They told me that it was a lot more fun for them to push them back :?
    They we're all very friendly and nice after all.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:15 am

The guys working the theater the first two days were assholes. I was watching them from the balcony during Wintersun pushing the crowd surfers back and then when they took them down they were gripping them up by the back of the neck and arms then sending them over to the next guy for a talking to. It was really getting on my nerves, I wanted to go down there and punch that one bald fuck in his mouth. Aside from there on the first two days everyone else was cool.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:56 pm

I liked the way they handeled Media.
    3 songs and then you are out.
    but with how early you need to be their to get a front row spot, my suggestion is no Media for the 1st song and then 3 songs and you are out
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I liked the way they handeled Media.

That's the standard in Europe, except for a few designated photographers that can stay as long as they want, and even go on the sides and back of the stage.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:04 am

Speedy wrote:

That's the standard in Europe, except for a few designated photographers that can stay as long as they want, and even go on the sides and back of the stage.

Makes a lot of sense, glad that is the case now. Get what you need and then GTFO lol. No one else other than band official professional photographers and fans after that.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:The guys working the theater the first two days were assholes. I was watching them from the balcony during Wintersun pushing the crowd surfers back and then when they took them down they were gripping them up by the back of the neck and arms then sending them over to the next guy for a talking to. It was really getting on my nerves, I wanted to go down there and punch that one bald fuck in his mouth. Aside from there on the first two days everyone else was cool.

No fucking shit, bro. And they way they were shoving them back into the crowd wasn't cool at all.
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:09 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:The guys working the theater the first two days were assholes. I was watching them from the balcony during Wintersun pushing the crowd surfers back and then when they took them down they were gripping them up by the back of the neck and arms then sending them over to the next guy for a talking to. It was really getting on my nerves, I wanted to go down there and punch that one bald fuck in his mouth. Aside from there on the first two days everyone else was cool.

That was why we eventually just started carrying folks through the pit. It was less dangerous than what those dudes were doing. :P
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:18 pm

So the first evening in the theatre, we were talking to this new security guy in the pit (we were standing front and centre on the barrier)

He was telling us that, when security caught a crowd surfer, they were going to put them down feet first in front of us at the barrier. So if we wanted to keep our spot at the front of the barrier, WE had to force the crowd surfers back otherwise we would lose our spot to them.

Basically he was telling us that we had to do his job for him!!!!

Obviously, that did NOT work out so well for Mr. Securityguy!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:56 pm

Tono_Fyr wrote:That was why we eventually just started carrying folks through the pit. It was less dangerous than what those dudes were doing. :P

I was having a good laugh when that was going on. You can see the security douche bags in my Wintersun videos.
    http://youtu.be/39-qllsaV7E
    http://youtu.be/AUcDlUf3770
    http://youtu.be/tUMMA2k6u-c
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:15 pm

Speedy wrote:

Never heard of this.Last time i remember most festivals in Germany atleast you can crowdsurf as much as you want.It's securities job to keep you safe aswell as the others in the crowd.So the security when they handle crowdsurfers they don't rough them up.They ensure the surfers come over the barriers without harm.And take them over carefully.

Then again to compare these situations to Europe in general would be stupid as would be to this fake 3 songs and your out deal.In many Irish venues the security will drag you and rip your tshirt to get you over the barriers.
    The most important factors are not the country but the venue itself as they have the deciding rule on it.

Btw circle pits in the hot tubs sounds completly fucking stupid and something that would only cause harm.I am happy to hear the security was wise to stop this kind of idiocy.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:35 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    Speedy wrote:

Never heard of this.Last time i remember most festivals in Germany atleast you can crowdsurf as much as you want.It's securities job to keep you safe aswell as the others in the crowd.So the security when they handle crowdsurfers they don't rough them up.They ensure the surfers come over the barriers without harm.And take them over carefully.

Then again to compare these situations to Europe in general would be stupid as would be to this fake 3 songs and your out deal.In many Irish venues the security will drag you and rip your tshirt to get you over the barriers.
    The most important factors are not the country but the venue itself as they have the deciding rule on it.

Btw circle pits in the hot tubs sounds completly fucking stupid and something that would only cause harm.I am happy to hear the security was wise to stop this kind of idiocy.

I was referring to the photo media.
    they where aloud to take pictures for 3 songs and they where removed from the front stage
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    D.T. Metal
    Crewman

by D.T. Metal » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:09 pm

but with how early you need to be their to get a front row spot, my suggestion is no Media for the 1st song and then 3 songs and you are out

Incorrect! This only happened during a couple of bands. And with the amount of media and the small size of the photo pit you really can't do 3 songs and out.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:13 pm

D.T. Metal wrote:

Incorrect! This only happened during a couple of bands. And with the amount of media and the small size of the photo pit you really can't do 3 songs and out.

Pit shifts! oh they're fun, aren't they Birgit!

It's like musical chairs, but most photographers are good to each other, start right and move your way down.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
Post Reply 18 posts Page 1 of 1