Post Reply 520 posts
70k 2016 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 70k 2016 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:I've noticed that Andy usually books bands that are touring in North America together shortly before or after the cruise. Does this mean than Eluveitie is slightly more likely since they are touring with Epica?

It is certainly not a guarantee by any means, but obviously if a band is already in or around the US at the time of the cruise it reduces the cost significantly of getting them on broad.

Eluveitie are a popular band, they seemed to enjoy the cruise in 2012, and there isn't a great deal of folk on broad yet, so all those factors would point towards them being highly likely :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:20 pm

I hope he concentrates on getting bands that don't tour NA or rarely tour. Unless they are one of my absolute favorites I don't need a bunch of shit that I can see here all the time.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    BringTheShred
    Oiler

by BringTheShred » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I hope he concentrates on getting bands that don't tour NA or rarely tour. Unless they are one of my absolute favorites I don't need a bunch of shit that I can see here all the time.

This. Granted, a shit ton of bands who frequent 70 are bands I don't get to see to begin with, but if a big percentage of acts are bands that rarely even come to NA, that would make things a little more special. At least for me.
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:48 am

Take into considetation that many cruisers are not from the US, so the fact that you could see them anytime doesnt mean the rest of us can, so for us foreigners that might still be a good deal.
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:07 am

Sure, I understand South Americans and Australians getting excited for pretty much anything.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:30 am

Tengger Cavalry are gonna be announcing North American dates... maybe 70k is in their plans?
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:36 am

Razor... I love your sarcasm... I need to meet you on the boat!!!!

Greetings from a South American, with roots from Denmark! :viking:
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:15 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:I've noticed that Andy usually books bands that are touring in North America together shortly before or after the cruise. Does this mean than Eluveitie is slightly more likely since they are touring with Epica?

If a foreign band is touring North America before the cruise, they would have a valid work visa. That might make it easier to get in/out of the US.

As for after the cruise, I think some bands get booked on the cruise & then make a North American tour around it. If they are coming over, why not try to take advantage of it.

cowboy71 wrote:It is certainly not a guarantee by any means, but obviously if a band is already in or around the US at the time of the cruise it reduces the cost significantly of getting them on broad.

Eluveitie's North American tour with Epica will be over by early October. They will have done touring NA for almost 4 months before the cruise. They still could be booked.

We have had in the past bands that were touring right after the cruise that were not on broad that year. Moonspell toured with Leaves' Eyes after the 2014 cruise and were on the cruise. I think Omnium Gatherum were opening for Dark Tranquility on a tour after that same cruise and they were not booked. Last year, Aeon & Tribulation opened the Cannibal Corpse/Behemoth tour - neither of those two were on broad.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:22 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Last year, Aeon & Tribulation opened the Cannibal Corpse/Behemoth tour - neither of those two were on broad.

He has a knack of picking the headliners of NA tours e.g., Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth, 1349 and Origin, Blind Guardian and Grave Digger, Ensiferum and Korpiklaani (I think Trollfest being on the cruise and the tour package was just dumb luck).
    2020 Wishlist: Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Korpiklaani-/-Moonsorrow-/-Turisas
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Sgt. B wrote:If a foreign band is touring North America before the cruise, they would have a valid work visa. That might make it easier to get in/out of the US.

That doesn't make a difference at all, no paper work is needed to play the cruise. Unless band members are banned from entering the country.
    70000 Tons 2019
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:If a foreign band is touring North America before the cruise, they would have a valid work visa. That might make it easier to get in/out of the US.

That doesn't make a difference at all, no paper work is needed to play the cruise. Unless band members are banned from entering the country.

How is this the case? Bands have to across somehow?
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:10 pm

Eluveitie were the #3 most-requested band in the poll for 70K 2015 (behind only Amon Amarth and Sabaton), so yeah, they'd be a no-brainer for Andy to book. Seen 'em twice, but would love to see them again.

Razor Ramon wrote:

Are you sure about that? Although the ship isn't US-flagged, the vessel operator is based in the U.S. and it's a closed-loop cruise originating from a U.S. port. I'd be surprised (but not unhappy) if work visas weren't required...at least technically.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Pellaz wrote:Eluveitie were the #3 most-requested band in the poll for 70K 2015 (behind only Amon Amarth and Sabaton), so yeah, they'd be a no-brainer for Andy to book. Seen 'em twice, but would love to see them again.

Razor Ramon wrote:

Are you sure about that? Although the ship isn't US-flagged, the vessel operator is based in the U.S. and it's a closed-loop cruise originating from a U.S. port. I'd be surprised (but not unhappy) if work visas weren't required...at least technically.

I agree. Some sort of Visa/pass is needed and I thought we have had bands cancel because they could not get their Visa's or maybe I just drink to much :3drunks: :smash: :shots: :cheers: :heavydrink: :beerbang: :headbanger: :bmhorns:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:28 am

Not needing papers is the whole reason they have to wait until they are at sea before any bands can play. They may need some type of visa just to enter depending what country they are from but that's about it. If all the bands got touring visas there would be a lot more US tours coming out of the cruise. I am sure bands like Therion or Equilibrium would have done a few US shows along with the cruise if they had full touring visas.
    70000 Tons 2019
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:00 am

Razor Ramon wrote:Not needing papers is the whole reason they have to wait until they are at sea before any bands can play. They may need some type of visa just to enter depending what country they are from but that's about it. If all the bands got touring visas there would be a lot more US tours coming out of the cruise. I am sure bands like Therion or Equilibrium would have done a few US shows along with the cruise if they had full touring visas.

Didn't we have this discussion last year? The ship is an American vessel, meaning American soil, and the bands are profiting from the sale of merch (which is taxed, that's why we HAVE to go to make an international port, to pay less tax on that stuff). Andy is also paying them for their time (in most cases) so I would gather that there are charges and taxes associated with that. To do ANY sort of work in the states you need a visa.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:35 am

For whatever reason, US laws clearly apply on the ship, or else people wouldn't have to be 21 to order drinks.
    Brothers.of.Metal-/-Vintersorg-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Powerwolf-/-Finntroll-/-Eisbrecher-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Teräsbetoni-/-Avantasia-/-Edguy-/-Grai-/-Astral.Doors-/-Nodfyr-/-Scarab-/-Mono.Inc.-/-Kontrust-/-Heathen.Foray-/-The.Dread.Crew.Of.Oddwood-/-Turisas-/-Deathstars
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:14 am

Razor Ramon wrote:Not needing papers is the whole reason they have to wait until they are at sea before any bands can play. They may need some type of visa just to enter depending what country they are from but that's about it. If all the bands got touring visas there would be a lot more US tours coming out of the cruise. I am sure bands like Therion or Equilibrium would have done a few US shows along with the cruise if they had full touring visas.

What I meant about having an existing work visa is that it helps to enter the US. In this case, so they can get to the boat. I have no knowledge either way on paperwork needed/not needed for performing on the boat. I have had a few band members tell me over the years that having a valid work visa makes it easier for them to come to the US, even if they are not actually working on one of their trips.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Phoenix wrote:

Didn't we have this discussion last year? The ship is an American vessel, meaning American soil, and the bands are profiting from the sale of merch (which is taxed, that's why we HAVE to go to make an international port, to pay less tax on that stuff). Andy is also paying them for their time (in most cases) so I would gather that there are charges and taxes associated with that. To do ANY sort of work in the states you need a visa.

If that's the case then why would bands not be allowed to play while in either port? There is also no merch sales in either port. If all these bands had US work visas they would be doing tours or at least a few other shows.
    70000 Tons 2019
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:If that's the case then why would bands not be allowed to play while in either port? There is also no merch sales in either port. If all these bands had US work visas they would be doing tours or at least a few other shows.

Not sure about the answer for the port merch sales, but the reason they can't play in either port will have to do with the non-competition clause Andy will put in their contracts. Since people not part of the festival would be able to buy tickets.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:04 pm

I meant on the boat while in port. He said the bands can only play at sea.
    70000 Tons 2019
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I meant on the boat while in port. He said the bands can only play at sea.

ohhh, my apologies. Hmm... maybe then? Naval law suggests that the vessel will NEVER stop being American soil, even when at sea, so the laws still apply? My honest guess would just be that he doesn't want the bands playing in port since it's assumed not everyone is on broad, or we have to go to the muster drill and don't want shows running through that. I may have to look into that, you've got me curious.

• broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:13 pm

If working visa is needed, our skipper, would have to have the entire line-up(non-american bands) under contract at least 2/3 months prior to sail. USCIS is a pain in the b*t regarging working visa(IT TAKES TIME).
    metal4ever
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:15 pm

acidbasement wrote:For whatever reason, US laws clearly apply on the ship, or else people wouldn't have to be 21 to order drinks.

The weird thing is being at sea is the reason why they're able to have a casino. I don't know, US law is weird. You can get around certain kinds of things by being on a boat, and other things not so much.

I think because there are different laws for states, the fed and territories, etc., that makes things confusing.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Right, the casino is another thing. I'm fairly certain the skipper went over all of this last year in a posting somewhere. Bands playing at sea made the visa requirements null. If they played in the destination port the bands would need working papers from that country also. Andy can chime in anytime and correct me if I am wrong, I'm sure he reads these posts.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Flying into the States to play a show without work visas is risky indeed....just ask Vanden Plas.

Sure, it's possible to pull it off. Have each member travel separately, maybe send instruments and gear separately so they don't look suspiciously like, say, a band coming over to play a show....but if CIS finds out, it's OVER, and you go home.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
  • thev666
    Wiper

by thev666 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Right, the casino is another thing. I'm fairly certain the skipper went over all of this last year in a posting somewhere. Bands playing at sea made the visa requirements null. If they played in the destination port the bands would need working papers from that country also. Andy can chime in anytime and correct me if I am wrong, I'm sure he reads these posts.

Pretty sure it works like this:
    -All shops on the cruise (regardless of affiliation with 70k) are duty free because they only open in International Waters (no tax)
    -The captain's word is the law in International Waters, cruise lines tend to choose US law, I assume this makes operating from the US easier. That is why the casino and liquor sales follow US law.
    -Therefore bands don't need Visas to play international waters
    -Cruise ships are often registered in countries with looser employment laws (like minimum wages). The employees of the ship are employed by a corporation in those countries. The bands are contracted by 70K, not the cruise company so there is no visa there either.

Source: that episode of the Simpsons where they go to international waters.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:20 pm

thev666 wrote:Source: that episode of the Simpsons where they go to international waters.

Yvan eht nioj!

• tenebre
    Crewman

by tenebre » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:21 pm

The bands do not need work visas to play the cruise. They do require Visa Waivers which are done at their entry point and are free (assuming they are from a Visa Waiver eligible country.) Otherwise they can simply get a tourist visa because they are not working on US soil.

Also work visas run over $1k PER person. so that's a really good reason NOT to do a US tour right after if they are a smaller band.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:17 pm

I think it's safe to add Cradle of Filth to the rumoured list since, you know, their frontman announced themselves to be onbroad :D
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:34 am

a bit of a stretch but a Possibility

German power metallers HELLOWEEN will return to North America to play select shows in 2016.

Confirmed dates are as follows:

Feb. 28 - Corona Theatre - Montreal, QC
    Feb. 29 - Imperial de Quebec - Quebec City, QC
    Mar. 01 - Best Buy Theater - New York, NY
    Mar. 03 - Agora Theater - Cleveland, OH
    Mar. 04 - Concorde Music Hall - Chicago, IL
    Mar. 06 - Showbox at the Market - Seattle, WA
    Mar. 07 - The Avalon - Hollywood, CA

Pre-sale tickets are available now at EnterTheVault.com. Tickets go on sale at all other outlets on August 22.

HELLOWEEN's 15th studio album, "My God-Given Right", was released on May 29 via Nuclear Blast. The CD was recorded between October 2014 and February 2015 at the band's MiSueno Studio on the isle of Tenerife with producer Charlie Bauerfeind (GOTTHARD, HAMMERFALL).

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/hellow ... v7XOOHW.99
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:38 am

Azazel101 wrote:a bit of a stretch but a Possibility

German power metallers HELLOWEEN will return to North America to play select shows in 2016.

Pre-sale tickets are available now at EnterTheVault.com. Tickets go on sale at all other outlets on August 22.

HELLOWEEN's 15th studio album, "My God-Given Right", was released on May 29 via Nuclear Blast. The CD was recorded between October 2014 and February 2015 at the band's MiSueno Studio on the isle of Tenerife with producer Charlie Bauerfeind (GOTTHARD, HAMMERFALL).

They're playing Monster's of Rock cruise I doubt that they will be on 70K too. :cheers: :beerhorns: of course GUS G is doing both so who knows :givebeer:
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:40 pm

How typical of Helloween. Play Quebec and Montreal and skip out on Toronto... Oh well. I can't think of a more "unmetal" city than Toronto.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:49 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:

They're playing Monster's of Rock cruise I doubt that they will be on 70K too. :cheers: :beerhorns: of course GUS G is doing both so who knows :givebeer:

Looks like they have time to fill!!
    and I need time too Nap
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:12 pm

http://floridametalfest.com/bands.html

I guess whoever plays this might end up on the cruise as well?
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:24 pm

I hope not. It would be nice to catch a few different bands for a pre-pre party.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Indeed. I've been thinking of flying into Tampa, and might go this event. Obituary and Deicide don't really interest me, so I'm hoping they add some good bands.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:06 pm

I love them both but I have seen them enough to skip this, flight, hotel, rental car ect. I hope they announce the full lineup in a timely manner (and by timely I mean before I land in Florida).

Deck ? 2020
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:41 pm

Abbath formerly of Immortal payed a visit to the 70K hot tub in Heavy Montreal
    Maybe more happened their? :beerhorns: :bmhorns:
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Azazel101 wrote:Abbath formerly of Immortal payed a visit to the 70K hot tub in Heavy Montreal
    Maybe more happened their? :beerhorns: :bmhorns:

Yeah... they got added to Behemoth's Euro tour :cry:

Positive note, Unleash the Archers added to PPUSA, really hoping this acts as a springboard for them getting abroad. #UTAfor70k2016!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:37 pm

Aether Realm put up their own announcement on Facebook.....I lost my shit when I saw it at first but then realized it was just trolling. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-AT.THE.GATES-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
Post Reply 520 posts