Post Reply 520 posts
70k 2016 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
  • DavidWinter
    Oiler

Re: 70k 2016 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by DavidWinter » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:12 pm

kwoolf1 wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:So, you wanna play on 70k, but don't want to make any effort yourself? How about the band email Andy and offer themselves?...One passenger out of 3000 doesn't scream "we need this band".

I see your point that the band should be proactively making the effort, and I kind of agree with you. I'm not sure how all the bookings work but thought I would give it a shot. The band is Persefone, from Andorra, and they had to cancel their only US show this year because of visa issues. So I was bummed but wanted to see if there might be hope with 70k 2016.

Per-fucking-sefone, one of my bucketlists bands... I want to see them so bad but they won't come to the US! This year I was stocked when I saw someone give a copy of Shin-Ken to Jeff Loomis and asked the band about going onboard for next year and they said they would love to do so, its only a matter of Andy wanting them onboard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:47 pm

DavidWinter wrote:Per-fucking-sefone, one of my bucketlists bands... I want to see them so bad but they won't come to the US!

It's not from lack of trying; they certainly wanted to come.
    They WERE confirmed for ProgPower USA, but due to delays at U.S. Customs and Immigration, their visas wouldn't have been ready in time.
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Leaves Eyes shared a photo on facebook of Alex Krull with the Skipper at the Metal Hammer awards.

Maybe a sign?

Also a mate of mine posted to the Circle II Circle facebook asking about 70k and they replied:

Circle II Circle We offer to play every year. Management reached out to them this year as well. So far no response.
    19 September at 00:58
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:24 pm

I don't hate Leaves' Eyes or anything (rather grown to like them a bit), but I'd rather see some other band onbroad. The main problem I have with Liv is that I don't find her singing interesting or powerful enough. She does an ok job, but she's nowhere near the likes of Anneke or Kari (Rueslåtten), which is painfully obvious when watching The Sirens. Having said that, The Sirens would be an amazing addition for the cruise. Well, anything with Anneke would be amazing. Or Kari. Ok, they play some classic Theatre of Tragedy songs as well. If it wasn't clear already, I kinda want The Sirens onbroad. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:27 am

I saw the Sirens at Summer Breeze and I liked Liv and Anneke together most. The other songs I found a little bit boring. But I'm ok with them onboard. :cheers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:44 am

cowboy71 wrote:Leaves Eyes shared a photo on facebook of Alex Krull with the Skipper at the Metal Hammer awards.

Maybe a sign?

Simone does guest vocals on the latest album and Epica is already onbroad, so it would be a great opportunity to see that duet live :bangers:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:33 am

Speedy wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Leaves Eyes shared a photo on facebook of Alex Krull with the Skipper at the Metal Hammer awards.

Maybe a sign?

Simone does guest vocals on the latest album and Epica is already onbroad, so it would be a great opportunity to see that duet live :bangers:

That would be great.

Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Vektor and Voivod MIGHT be announced soon. This is coming from Vektor's facebook post with a flyer for both bands:

"Our primary focus now is Europe in the fall, and the January release of TERMINAL REDUX -- but there is even more exciting news coming on the February horizon for North America...."
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:26 pm

They are playing in NYC on Feb 7th.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Jimbo2392 wrote:Vektor and Voivod MIGHT be announced soon. This is coming from Vektor's facebook post with a flyer for both bands:

"Our primary focus now is Europe in the fall, and the January release of TERMINAL REDUX -- but there is even more exciting news coming on the February horizon for North America...."

Vektor would make me pretty happy. :) While we're on V-name bands, I'd like Violator a lot as well.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:28 pm

As you can tell by my wishlist...for a V letter band I would go apeshit VADER on broad! :death: But I'll gladly accept Violator too, or a reunion of Vomitory or Vio-lence!
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:They are playing in NYC on Feb 7th.

Yep - move those two from the Rumours thread to the Ruled Out thread:

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/247630 ... cy-theatre
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:53 am

Solstafir follows 70000tons on twitter. Has that something to say? It's the only band I follow and which follows 70000tons and was never on board. I hope that's a sign.

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:40 am

jodionline wrote:Solstafir follows 70000tons on twitter. Has that something to say? It's the only band I follow and which follows 70000tons and was never on board. I hope that's a sign.

Weren't they on Barge?
    Wishlist:
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:15 am

I don't know and barge is another one. OK I know not really another one. Seems my hope is destroyed.

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:56 am

Glad to be of service. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:39 pm

:cheers:

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    jodionline wrote:Solstafir follows 70000tons on twitter. Has that something to say? It's the only band I follow and which follows 70000tons and was never on board. I hope that's a sign.

Weren't they on Barge?

I would not mind them being back.
    I did enjoy what little I got to see.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:07 pm

Solstafir were great on Barge ... got to talk to them a couple times and seen them at several shows of other bands - Barge was so magical - maybe not for the bands and the smaller shows, but as a cruise goes I saw more bands , drank more, ate more talked to more band members (they almost out numbered us :lol: ) ......... it was just one of the best cruises. 70K number one comes in as a very close second for the magic of such a beautiful event. :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:

:stagger:
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:33 pm

As often in life the first time is very special. But I think that's a problem of our expectations.

bleedingkyo
    Oiler

by bleedingkyo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:07 am

solstafir would be great, they did a good show when I saw them.
    But speaking of icelandic bands..I'd love to see Skalmold!
    2016- Cabin 6223
    2017- Cabin 2313
    2018- Cabin 9272
    2019- Abandoned ship
    2020- Cabin 8604
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:58 am

Bloodbath => bring Nick Holmes
    Vallenfyre => bring Greg Macintosh + Adrian Erlandsson
    At the gates => Adrian Erlandsson

=> For sure, Paradise Lost will be on board
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:26 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Bloodbath => bring Nick Holmes
    Vallenfyre => bring Greg Macintosh + Adrian Erlandsson
    At the gates => Adrian Erlandsson

=> For sure, Paradise Lost will be on board

:wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank: :wank:
    That's the only thing I can think of. :D

FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:00 am

Hypothesis :

- We all know 70k team work with dragon productions
    - No band from them have already been anounced yet on this cruise (http://www.dragon-productions.eu/bands/)

Conclusion :

I would add Primordial (never done, asked by a lot), Skalmold (increasing popularity), the gentle storm (asked by a lot of cruisers + the cruise miss female singers).
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:27 am

Gloryhammer is almost a sure bet ,Chris posted a hastag ilikeboats with gloryhammer hastag.Plus he got married last week and 70k would probably give him a cabin to himself and wife as a gift for playing so many times .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:16 pm

Both you guys are spot-on I reckon.

I too am surprised no Dragon Productions bands have been added yet. THose ones suggested would be awesome.

And we need Gloryhammer. The new album is magic.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:51 pm

I am also a fan of the Dragon Productions line of thinking. Skalmold and Primordial would both be awesome adds to the lineup!

Gloryhammer would be amazing to have on broad as well. But didn't they play in 2014? There have been no bands announced yet that are repeats from 2014. I seem to remember earlier discussions on here about that fact, and that it seems like the "no repeat" rule may have been extended to two years. If that is the case then unfortunately it means no Gloryhammer.....no Swallow the Sun....no Carcass....no Overkill....etc...etc... Maybe Mr. Bowes can come up with a new band to get around this pesky rule. How about Alehammer! They can be a tribute band that plays covers of Alestorm and Gloryhammer songs :lol:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Cancer-/-CARCASS-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed.A.D.-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Firespawn-/-Gatecreeper-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:I am also a fan of the Dragon Productions line of thinking. Skalmold and Primordial would both be awesome adds to the lineup!

Gloryhammer would be amazing to have on broad as well. But didn't they play in 2014? There have been no bands announced yet that are repeats from 2014. I seem to remember earlier discussions on here about that fact, and that it seems like the "no repeat" rule may have been extended to two years. If that is the case then unfortunately it means no Gloryhammer.....no Swallow the Sun....no Carcass....no Overkill....etc...etc... Maybe Mr. Bowes can come up with a new band to get around this pesky rule. How about Alehammer! They can be a tribute band that plays covers of Alestorm and Gloryhammer songs :lol:

While it is less likely to be bands from the previous 2 years it is not without precedent.

2015 we had Helstar and Whiplash that were 2013 repeats
    2014 we had Overkill and Orphaned Land from 2012

So I reckon we'll get at least two bands from 2014.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:07 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Gloryhammer is almost a sure bet ,Chris posted a hastag ilikeboats with gloryhammer hastag.Plus he got married last week and 70k would probably give him a cabin to himself and wife as a gift for playing so many times .

Chris'll definitely be on the boat, whether or not Gloryhammer joins him. Fingers crossed that's the case
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Hoppy McGee wrote:I am also a fan of the Dragon Productions line of thinking. Skalmold and Primordial would both be awesome adds to the lineup!

While it is less likely to be bands from the previous 2 years it is not without precedent.

2015 we had Helstar and Whiplash that were 2013 repeats
    2014 we had Overkill and Orphaned Land from 2012

So I reckon we'll get at least two bands from 2014.

Whiplash was from 2012 I thought? And we also had Vicious Rumors repeat in 2014.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2021: Hmm...

Wishlist: Arkona-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Necrophagist-/-Otyg-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Savatage-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas-/-Varg
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Right you are!

Added to that, we had Massacre from 2012 repeat in 2014.

So yeah, definitely lots of opportunity for bands from 2014 to be on broad - I'd gladly take any number of bands from that lineup. Leaves Eyes, Xandria, Dark Tranquillity, Freedom Call, Gloryhammer, Haggard....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:46 pm

Swallow the Sun would be my number one pick from 2014, but according to a friend they're not going to be on. DTA, Septicflesh and Xandria would be cool too, but at least Septicflesh is ruled out.
    Wishlist:
  • zeitgeist777
    Oiler

by zeitgeist777 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Xandria is ruled out too !
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:54 pm

DTA then. And Swallow the Sun doesn't have any conflicting dates yet. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:55 am

DTA ruled out too ! Because drummer parts with singer (both in cynic) !
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:11 am

I'm not having much luck with my hopes of 2014 repeats, am I? :lol:
    Dammit, Andy, book Swallow the Sun before they too are ruled out. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:46 am

Repeats from 2014, my favourites and wishes are:

Orphaned Land, Leaves' Eyes, Dark Tranquillity, Carcass, Swallow the Sun and Satyricon. Don't know who have dates or not.

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:58 am

2014? D.R.I. Or Izegrim besides the ruled out
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:02 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:DTA ruled out too ! Because drummer parts with singer (both in cynic) !

DTA might not be ruled out yet. Gene Hoglan did the drumming for the 2014 North American tour. They could use him if available. Not sure of Gene's availability.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:25 pm

I think that the number of filler bands might not be one-third (20) but more like 10-15.Even then they will much more known then last year's last twenty bands.I wonder if fuel being cheaper has helped with the cruise.70k might get a fuel rebate if prices are low ,seems like better line ups happen when fuel is cheaper.Just a dollar a gallon is a lot of money,I mean a lot.A long cruise and a lot of extra power generated for the bands light and sound has to cost big bucks.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
Post Reply 520 posts