Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1
43 hours
    Shelton
    Crewman

43 hours

by Shelton » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:02 am

Without any sleep. I finally got to bed at 4 am on Saturday so I wouldn't fall asleep on shore. Anybody else try this? Or do I officially hold the title of the world's dumbest cruiser?

(For the record, I don't recommend that to anyone. By that time you're tired enough to be considered drunk, coupled with alcohol the second day is a compete blur)
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

Re: 43 hours

by Dimma » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:11 am

I go straight through the first 2 days. Catch some z's around 7am as we pull into port morning of Day 3. 5 hours is plenty.
    Then 5 hrs Day 4. Sleep for 2 days after the cruise.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:30 am

when I was in college I used to do that stuff all the time... but then you learn about how much damage staying up 3-5 days at a time can do to you... you should at least try to get occasional naps... take it from a guy that nearly died from a sleeping disorder
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    manamachine
    Crewman

by manamachine » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:18 pm

Not that crazy, but I was surprised at how little sleep I needed. The adrenaline on this cruise is something else.

I got on average about two hours a night. I think it was 8ish hours total, with no sleep on the last night. Then I spent the entire time my hotel room was available sleeping afterward, and somehow transitioned into a "normal" sleep schedule pretty easily.
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:50 pm

First night I didn't sleep at all, waiting for the merch. Followed by a 2h night. Then about 4h for the other days. Adrenaline keep us alive and running...
    First day I got home I only slept 9h to my great surprise. Then the second night, boom 14h straight. Then I was screwed to be able to go sleep at a decent time to get up at 6 AM to go to work. TGIF
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:17 pm

I slept more than I have on any cruise. In bed by 4am first night, 3am second, 2am third and fourth.

Up by about 9 or 10am each day except at Jamaica as we had a booked excursion.

Would have liked to stay up for the final Alestorm show but was too wrecked. Other than that, I didn't miss anything I wanted to. Would have liked to check out Einherjer and Equilibrium but on the flipside I was not staying up all night to catch them!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:27 am

i got plenty of sleep. Most of the 2 am, 3 am bands didnt interest me much....

I do not do that very often but my record without sleeping is: 2 nights (at airports in 2013). I do not know how many hours(around 60 hours) without sleep. I attended Sonisphere Madrid went directly to the airport(spent the night listening to more music) to go to the Netherlands to attend fortarock and then went back to madrid to catch the flight to Brazil. i dont remember having a naptime.

I am a morning person and normally i go to bed arount 10 pm.
    metal4ever
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:55 am

I'm a big morning person, love to go walking and see the sun rise etc.

I'm not even upset to admit that I did sleep during the night in my cabin most nights. Not ALL night in most cases, but I really do appreciate sleep as a part of my "reset switch" daily, so, I tend to sleep when I feel like it and not take any shit from anyone from missing anything lol. Can't help waking up by 7am most days so I generally did make sure I was careful with my snooze patterns - lame as it might sound. I caught most of what I wanted to see during the day, whereas I saw people not come out of the cabins until 2pm. Not sure which misses out on more but if you gotta sleep you gotta sleep. No big deal.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:31 pm

The scheduling worked against me for much of the cruise. Several bands I wanted to see (Equilibrium, Einherjer, etc.) had late sets, and there were early morning signing sessions I wanted to attend. I think I averaged 3 hours per night. But....I survived. \m/
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:49 am

I slept an average of 3.5 hours. Night by night, it went more or less like 3, 4, 3 and 4 hours. Of couse I was absolutely destroyed at the end of the cruise - but with a permanent huge smile on my face as I managed to do pretty much everything I wanted to. I spent the whole flight back home sleeping and that sort of made up for it.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Didn't sleep the last night on the boat but had a nap around 4pm after getting off the boatt, so like 30 hours. When a few of us went to metaldays it was like a 50 something hour stretch. Took 33-36ish to get there then we started drinking...and then James started sleep walking, that was messy. :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
Post Reply 11 posts Page 1 of 1