Post Reply 53 posts
People You Met on the Boat?
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

Re: People You Met on the Boat?

by EvilDan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:23 am

Phoenix wrote:Mumble also does that :P So does Steam.

My mistake. Thanks for correcting me. I'm not a pc gamer, so I haven't used Steam. I'd have to do more research on Mumble.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:22 am

Mr.Kito wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:I got to meet lots of new and super interesting people. As for forumites, I met less of you that I'd like to. I just got to know Stained Class - also we made the same excursion in Jamaica - and Mr. Kito, and yeah, both of them really nice guys.

But didn't have a beer!! we need to fix this asap :bangers:

Absolutely right. We'll fix that next year. No excuses.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Daniellica
    Wiper

by Daniellica » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:14 am

I was actually quite sad that only ten or so showed up to the forum meet up on the boat. We need to organize this better next time!
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:16 am

Daniellica wrote:I was actually quite sad that only ten or so showed up to the forum meet up on the boat. We need to organize this better next time!

Yeh, it was not that good, but the timing was awful. There were only a few minutes between the end of the muster drill and the beginning of the Equilibrium show. Hopefully on round 6 we have more time.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:17 pm

Agreed. I would've gone (I have other years), but when the schedule showed 10 minutes until Equilibrium, my hands were tied.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:50 pm

I was planing to come, but I had to go to my room to get my earplugs between the muster drill (that did not arrive before 11pm) and the Equilibrium show, so yeah, I had to skip the meeting.
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:06 pm

Well next year there's no wedding (yet, at least) so perhaps we can have the meeting BEFORE the muster drill.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:53 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Daniellica wrote:I was actually quite sad that only ten or so showed up to the forum meet up on the boat. We need to organize this better next time!

Yeh, it was not that good, but the timing was awful. There were only a few minutes between the end of the muster drill and the beginning of the Equilibrium show. Hopefully on round 6 we have more time.

I dropped by for a few minutes, said hi to a couple of folks, and then dashed off to see Equilibrium, who were one of my absolute two-setters on the boat.
    Hopefully next year will be a little better...and having said that, now I have no doubt that not only will Andy book Ayreon for next year, but he'll schedule them for 5:15 PM on embark-day....and ALSO at 5:15 fucking AM some other morning, a la Gama Bomb. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:42 am

I showed up, met a few hockeyagis, shared a bucket with them and then everyone went their seperate ways. Good times.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • Drunkonvict
    Oiler

by Drunkonvict » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:57 pm

SaraMarie wrote:I met a very friendly, older Aussie dude and a younger Aussie dude, the latter I played volleyball with at the beach party. Well, near to it at least. *lmao*

I am the younger aussie dude in question! My name is Duncan, g'day! I am barely on this, but met tons of people I don't know this year and so thought I should try to frequent it a little more just so I can find le peoples.
  • jtw7266
    Oiler

by jtw7266 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Two Bulgarian IT dudes... biertroll at the riptide and boat... calvin from canada and the prince of wales
    2015 - Room # 6402
    2016 - Room # 9309
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:35 pm

Drunkonvict wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:I met a very friendly, older Aussie dude and a younger Aussie dude, the latter I played volleyball with at the beach party. Well, near to it at least. *lmao*

I am the younger aussie dude in question! My name is Duncan, g'day! I am barely on this, but met tons of people I don't know this year and so thought I should try to frequent it a little more just so I can find le peoples.

Oh man, you posted this a couple weeks ago or abouts, but we should play again next year. Boy we all really sucked! :lol:
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:40 am

I wasn't at the forum meeting because it was very short time before the first gig and due to the distance between the different places on the ship, it was just too hard for me in a short time. Btw, there was also a forum meeting before the muster drill at the Schooner bar, I was there :headbanger:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion