Post Reply 17 posts Page 1 of 1
Cruise T-Shirts
    dws515
    Oiler

Cruise T-Shirts

by dws515 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi Gang!

So, I was wondering how many of us DO NOT buy a cruise festival shirt. I feel like at least 90% of the people on broad buy at least one cruise shirt (for me, as a souvenir and a badge of honor at local shows). Would you like the idea of having the $25 added to your room booking, and having a shirt given to you upon checking in and getting your sea passes? Or have them in your stateroom when you get there? I feel like having people stand in line so long for merch just isn't fair, considering the money we pay just to get on the boat.

I haven't been to any other really big festivals, but are the merch lines always 2+ hours long? I just feel like they could do it better. :D
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Cruise T-Shirts

by klons » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:36 pm

Fuck me, dead horse overly beaten. :bitch:

Short story, logistics will mean this will likely never happen.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:39 pm

We bought the Royal Replenish Package (FUCKING SHIT DONT BUY IT!!!) and were supposed to received a Souvenir Cup in our room, didnt get it. Took 2 days and 5 attemps to my GF to get those fucking cups.

i dont want to risk that shit with shirts. Size, model... fuck no.
    For The Horde!
    dws515
    Oiler

by dws515 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Jesus, if they can't get drink cups to the rooms, t-shirts is damn near impossible. Sigh, long lines it is, then.
    9 time cruiser, can't wait for round 10!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:56 pm

There was not always a lineup to get into the main merch store. You just needed to walk past the line without getting sucked into it, check out some shows or grab a drink or whatever, and come back another time when there was no line. I got my stuff with minimal delay on day 3 or 4. I dunno, maybe a few sizes of some shirts were sold out by the time I got there, but they had what I needed so I didn't notice.
    I was expecting it to be horrible, given all the dead-horse-beating on this forum, and was pleasantly surprised.
    Skoden. Stoodis.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:00 pm

Yeah this topic has been discussed ad nauseam over on facebook.

As mentioned, logistically it wouldn't work.

The people that run the merch try their absolute best, and are constantly looking at ways to improve things though.
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah this topic has been discussed ad nauseam over on facebook.

As mentioned, logistically it wouldn't work.

The people that run the merch try their absolute best, and are constantly looking at ways to improve things though.

It was amazing this year (dont know for the other years) just need 10 merch boy, and 10 cash registers to be super fast.
    For The Horde!
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:26 pm

The last day the merchants were selling I went down. Someone said they sell out of stuff so I went right when they opened.
    The line was long so I went to the little merchant area selling just 70K t-shirts. The one by the coffee and pizza place. Waited about 15 minutes, got up front, they said, "We don't have that size". The schedule said up on deck 11 there was another mechant area. Nothing up there and I looked and looked. Went back to the main merchant line and waited an hour for that 70K shirt. Ugh!

I really didn't want any of the other mechant shirts, I can get those anywhere anytime and they arrive on my front door step. Why can't the 70K shirt be the same?
    Wishlist 2021: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Rotting_Christ-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Suicidal_Tendencies
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Beasto_Blanco-/-Behemoth-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metalachi-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:29 pm

Once upon a time several years ago, they actually had 70k merch available for purchase on the 70K website (it was a front-end into JSR Direct if I remember correctly).

Not sure why that fell through (probably didn't want to pay commission to JSR).
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Once upon a time several years ago, they actually had 70k merch available for purchase on the 70K website (it was a front-end into JSR Direct if I remember correctly).

Not sure why that fell through (probably didn't want to pay commission to JSR).

I am actually hoping it is up SOON on JSR because any time I went by any merch area there was a fucking ridiculous line, even for 70k merch alone. I did not buy anything this year because of this.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:09 pm

If a festival has good artwork then i am tempted to buy the tshirt.Examples of this would be the amazing artowrk for every year of KIT festival which is always unique.Metal Assault is kind of smililar.Rest of the festivals including 70k cruise the merch is just generic crap i'm not gonna wear anyway.Money better invested on booze.The only reason the sales are so high on merch for cruises is so people can brag to friends about the cruise they don't care for so much but have the shirt to prove they were there.As is case with most festival merch.
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:18 pm

Metalwrath wrote:so people can brag to friends about the cruise.

Yup, that's me. I wore my 70K tons of shirt on the plane out and then to work the next day plus 2 more times that week. I've given it a rest now and put it in storage. The next time I'll wear it is next year on the plane ride out to self identify with the rest of you for the gathering. LOL
    Wishlist 2021: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Rotting_Christ-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Suicidal_Tendencies
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Beasto_Blanco-/-Behemoth-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metalachi-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:25 pm

I got my merch when there wasn't any line at all. Although I did miss out on getting an Alestorm or a Korpiklaani shirt, so YMMV of course but I had no issues with lines at least.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:43 pm

I went on the second day of merch sales (Day 3 of the cruise) and waited about an hour...which was an hour I could have spent doing something else, but was a lot better than five hours! I spent about $220 in there.

Back in the room I noticed that my nice "personal shopper" had gotten all the sizes right (XXL) except for the 70K shirt itself (XL), so I had to go back on the last day. Waited about a half-hour for them to open but once inside I made the exchange in about ten minutes.

A lot of people in line were disgustedly wondering why 70K's merch area can't work like the merch at any other festival, where you just gather in front of the merch and buy it. It can't be done that way at 70K because the checkout is centralized and the bands have to get their "cut" of their own merch sales...plus Royal Caribbean collects 35% on all t-shirt sales.
    That requires a lot of point-of-sale accounting, and is the reason why each buyer gets their own "personal shopper" to work with. The ONLY way the process could go faster would be to have more personnel on hand to act as "shoppers".....and that's not likely to happen as long as we're spending a ton of money in there.
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:11 pm

My only real issue is there wasn't a "passing area" behind where people were in line (so if your group was waiting in line, you could each take turns jumping out of line and go up ahead and see the merch that was posted so you could at least somewhat have your mind made up by the time it was your turn to actually buy something -like on Majesty). I think that's why the wait was so long.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:20 pm

I had a lot of fun hanging with my cabin mates and others in line for merch first thing in the morning the first day they opened. 3 of my fave bands (Anvil, Destruction and Heathen) had cruise specific merch and I was happy with the set up cuz I felt I got a good look at all available options before it was time to shop so I was able to make my choices quickly and get out in decent time. Spent $195 but could've spent double that if Trouble had brought anything I didn't already own and Annihilator, C.O.C., Primal Fear and Grave Digger had brought ANYthing :|
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:22 am

I've seen better designs on German cruisers
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -