Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1
70000 tons of soccer
  • Buga B
    Oiler

70000 tons of soccer

by Buga B » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:17 am

Is anybody up for soccer on the boat next time?
    ISince usually there are many Europeans and South-Americans on broad, I guess we could have a championship similar to the ice hockey championship which was cancelled, but it would be much more easier to accomplish

Any opinions?
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 70000 tons of soccer

by bodomdragon » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:03 am

IN!
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:27 am

IN
    metal4ever
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:50 am

You meant football right?

:P
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:35 am

pablov8 wrote:You meant football right?

Of course
    But I wrote soccer for the sake of North-Americans :)
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:12 am

Buga B wrote:

Of course

You should have written Football. I would have loved to see the North-Americans show up with helmets :D
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:34 pm

bodomdragon wrote:I would have loved to see the North-Americans show up with helmets :D

I Second that
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- SET SAIL!
    RIP Andre Matos
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:36 pm

70000 Tons of (Real) Football!

Honestly though, as much as I would love it, I'd rather just scrap the extras and use the time slots for bands to create less overlap.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:51 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Buga B wrote:

Of course

You should have written Football. I would have loved to see the North-Americans show up with helmets :D

Can we combine the two? :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:34 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Buga B wrote:

Of course

Now THAT would have been fun :)
  • Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:38 pm

klons wrote:70000 Tons of (Real) Football!

Honestly though, as much as I would love it, I'd rather just scrap the extras and use the time slots for bands to create less overlap.

We"ll see, maybe this could be a pre-cruise event in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, or something
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:07 am

Buga B wrote:

We"ll see, maybe this could be a pre-cruise event in Miami or Fort Lauderdale, or something

Yeah, this year I tried to arrange a basketball match right after the forum meetup, but it didn't happen because there were only a few minutes between the Muster Drill and Equilibrium concert. So if we do it onbroad we depend completely on the running order.
    Wishlist:

• Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:31 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Buga B wrote:

Yeah, this year I tried to arrange a basketball match right after the forum meetup, but it didn't happen because there were only a few minutes between the Muster Drill and Equilibrium concert. So if we do it onbroad we depend completely on the running order.

I guess I'll try to contact UMC to possibly make it "official" on broad (although I have no high hopes :)
    If that's not possible, then it could be a pre-cruise event
    There are many football (soccer, my North-American friends :) fields in Miami or Fort Lauderdale
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:05 am

Buga B wrote:I guess I'll try to contact UMC to possibly make it "official" on broad

That would be awesome.

Buga B wrote:There are many football (soccer, my North-American friends :) fields in Miami or Fort Lauderdale

Still cool, but a little bit more complicated to get people involved. Some people might arrive in FLL just in time for the cruise, others will prefer to spend time on the beach, and if it overlaps with the beach party no one will join.
    Wishlist:

• Buga B
    Oiler

by Buga B » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:57 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Buga B wrote:I guess I'll try to contact UMC to possibly make it "official" on broad

That would be awesome.

Buga B wrote:There are many football (soccer, my North-American friends :) fields in Miami or Fort Lauderdale

Still cool, but a little bit more complicated to get people involved. Some people might arrive in FLL just in time for the cruise, others will prefer to spend time on the beach, and if it overlaps with the beach party no one will join.

It seems that I have PLENTY of time to get something going until teh cruise starts unfortunately, so we'll se what happens
    I'll keep everyone posted if something is brewing!
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:08 am

I think if we combine (soccer, football and hockey )just think of this hitting a soccer ball with a hockey stick while wearing a football helmet on ice with shoes while drinking beer ... During a bands performance . I'm in :deathhorns:
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
Post Reply 16 posts Page 1 of 1