Post Reply 163 posts
When will the first bands for 2016 be announced?
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: When will the first bands for 2016 be announced?

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:56 pm

mooyagi wrote:I'm okay with a bit of a wait to start. Gives the bank account a chance to recover. Plus, the later the announcements start, the less time there is for a long gap between announcements... right?

DAMN GOOD POINTS!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:12 pm

I change my vote to May 13
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:36 pm

well if we don't see anything this weekend, Andy may go for the 300 day mark (again) .......... maybe something went wrong and 70k is done for :shock: :shock: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :givebeer: :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:57 pm

If he comes back from Easter festivities and posts it on Monday, I'll have "won" two announcement competitions in a row. :beerwink:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:05 am

Since we are only assuming the year and none of the guesses include 2015 at the end ,everyone is still alive for this.Your guess could still be alive if the cruise where moved to the old BTH date range of late November /Early December of 2016.When the Nightwish /Sabaton tour in America is over and we have no more information about 2016 ,I will believe something has happened to next year's cruise (date moved ,cancelled or new cruise line ).
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:23 am

cowboy71 wrote:EPIDEMICREIGN March 11th
    BUGA B March 12th
    ANTIKRISS March 13th
    STRANGER_IN_MY_LIFE March 13th
    MESHUGGAH March 15th
    DUSTRO25 March 16th
    PHOENIX March 17th
    RAZOR RAMON March 23rd
    MANOOEL March 24th
    MR.KITO March 25th
    BIERTROLL March 27th
    BODOMDRAGON March 30th
    COWBOY71 March 31st
    LALA March 31st
    AMYPHIS April 1st
    SHORESLAYER April 2nd
    HEADLINERLUXI April 4th
    PELLAZ April 6th
    SPEEDY April 9th
    MEMNOCH April 15th
    MINDGRIND April 17th
    LISER April 20th
    MIKE B April 25th
    DEATHMETALPAT May 1st

Only 5 contenders from the original list still have chances.... *sigh*
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:22 am

Eh, I figure Andy went AWOL again. Who could blame him really, the guy does a lot of the work by himself and probably could use a break. I don't mind waiting a little longer since the people I'm rooming with this next year are gonna book ASAP and we'll all have more $$$$ if we wait. It was nice to know someone at UMC is alive with that Easter post.

I have a feeling June might be a better guess at this rate, but I'm ok with that.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:30 am

Phoenix wrote:Eh, I figure Andy went AWOL again. Who could blame him really, the guy does a lot of the work by himself and probably could use a break. I don't mind waiting a little longer since the people I'm rooming with this next year are gonna book ASAP and we'll all have more $$$$ if we wait. It was nice to know someone at UMC is alive with that Easter post.

I have a feeling June might be a better guess at this rate, but I'm ok with that.

The longer the initial wait, more time for me to save money, more time for my friends to save money and more chances for me to actually make it!!

Also, the silence gaps will (probably) be smaller :beerwink:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:45 am

Yesterday's post "Count the Days" had me worried but since that was about the Super Bowl conflict,not so much now.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:51 am

Wait, did seriously no one pick the 300 days mark?

Whelp.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:17 pm

April 10
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:06 pm

"THIS IS 300!!" Or some cheeze like that. April is a month where poeple tend to spend lot of money--Tax returns, Christmas/cruise bills are paid,springtime etc.

I say April 10, with 5 bands.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:23 am

15th April!
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
  • Daniellica
    Wiper

by Daniellica » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:08 pm

Never, apparently. was gonna book a cabin with my boyfriend, but now that I am single and shit, thus delay gives me time to save up for my own cabin.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:10 pm

And here I was thinking I was being pessimistic with my guess (April 15th). :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:48 am

Memnoch wrote:And here I was thinking I was being pessimistic with my guess (April 15th). :lol:

Hey, it's not over yet - still April 15th on this side of the pond. In fact, it barely started.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:24 am

It's still 15th here too, but that wasn't my point. I guessed April 15th thinking I was way off and that the announcements would come a lot earlier.
    Wishlist:
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Daniellica wrote:but now that I am single and shit

Why hello there!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:50 am

Daniellica wrote: delay gives me time to save up for my own cabin.

yup
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:36 pm

Only two people left in the running from the initial round of guesses:
    MIKE B April 25th
    DEATHMETALPAT May 1st
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Only two people left in the running from the initial round of guesses:
    MIKE B April 25th
    DEATHMETALPAT May 1st

it's a little depressing that half the guesses were pessimistic and were still wrong. Why do we do this to ourselves?
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:33 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Only two people left in the running from the initial round of guesses:
    MIKE B April 25th
    DEATHMETALPAT May 1st

That's some pretty embarassing news right there. 70,000 Tons of Delays.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:54 pm

MIKE B April 25th
    DEATHMETALPAT May 1st

Three people left actually. :twisted:

From March 17:
    Sgt. B wrote:Put me down for February 3, 2016.

I'm really hoping one of the other 2 are correct though. I will need to make a decision before my tax refund is completely spent. If that is gone, then my decision is already made.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    MikeB
    Petty Officer

by MikeB » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:44 pm

Shelton wrote:
    MIKE B April 25th
    DEATHMETALPAT May 1st

it's a little depressing that half the guesses were pessimistic and were still wrong. Why do we do this to ourselves?

But I was being optimistic....

MikeB wrote:I'll be optimist with April 25
    2015: Cabin 9527
    2016: Cabin 9219
    2017: Cabin 9675
    2018: Cabin 8215
    2019: Cabin 7449
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:34 pm

MikeB wrote:
    Shelton wrote:
    MIKE B April 25th
    DEATHMETALPAT May 1st

But I was being optimistic....

MikeB wrote:I'll be optimist with April 25

Yeah me also,I was thinking May1st to July 1st,I think the fact Nightwish/Sabaton are touring America stopped them from being announced.So since they are going to be on the ship and should be 2 of the first 10 bands announced ,I think May 15th on,is when to look for bands.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon May 04, 2015 4:58 am

bodomdragon wrote:EPIDEMICREIGN March 11th
    BUGA B March 12th
    ANTIKRISS March 13th
    MESHUGGAH March 15th
    DUSTRO25 March 16th
    PHOENIX March 17th
    RAZOR RAMON March 23rd
    MANOOEL March 24th
    MR.KITO March 25th
    BIERTROLL March 27th
    BODOMDRAGON March 30th
    COWBOY71 March 31st
    LALA March 31st
    AMYPHIS April 1st
    SHORESLAYER April 2nd
    HEADLINERLUXI April 4th
    PELLAZ April 6th
    SPEEDY April 9th
    MEMNOCH April 15th
    MINDGRIND April 17th
    LISER April 20th
    MIKE B April 25th
    DEATHMETALPAT May 1st

Aaaand everyone out.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon May 04, 2015 12:59 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:EPIDEMICREIGN March 11th
    BUGA B March 12th
    ANTIKRISS March 13th
    MESHUGGAH March 15th
    DUSTRO25 March 16th
    PHOENIX March 17th
    RAZOR RAMON March 23rd
    MANOOEL March 24th
    MR.KITO March 25th
    BIERTROLL March 27th
    BODOMDRAGON March 30th
    COWBOY71 March 31st
    LALA March 31st
    AMYPHIS April 1st
    SHORESLAYER April 2nd
    HEADLINERLUXI April 4th
    PELLAZ April 6th
    SPEEDY April 9th
    MEMNOCH April 15th
    MINDGRIND April 17th
    LISER April 20th
    MIKE B April 25th
    DEATHMETALPAT May 1st

Aaaand everyone out.
    Sgt. B. is still in the running with his dollar bid LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZlqo_t4HyE ,
    Second round for the silver medal ?
    Put me down for July 1st. 2015
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue May 05, 2015 12:23 am

deathmetalpat wrote:Second round for the silver medal ?
    Put me down for July 1st. 2015

June 19th
    Wishlist:

• Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue May 05, 2015 7:12 am

I'll go for a second round. June 6th. We'll get a destination soon (TM), booking shortly after, and a band to follow closely after that. I hope.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 05, 2015 7:31 am

Stained Class wrote:I'm going with may 15

Guise...GUISE!! I'm not out yet
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed May 06, 2015 12:07 am

I'll go with May 22nd. Yeah, I'm a dreamer and an idealist. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Wed May 06, 2015 10:43 am

I will say June 3. Not because I think there will be announcement by then, but I may as well pick my birthday.
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Ship rocked line up announced
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Shelton
    Crewman

by Shelton » Wed May 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Azazel101 wrote:Ship rocked line up announced

So since they are 2 weeks before 70k, Andy doesn't have much time to get his shit in a sock before he falls below the curve.
    Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
    2015 - Cabin #7234
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed May 06, 2015 10:38 pm

In all fairness, I think Shiprocked caters to a different clientele.
    Wishlist:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:39 am

Memnoch wrote:In all fairness, I think Shiprocked caters to a different clientele.

More for the new generation American audience
    I would say on average only one or two bands could even jump ship and really the only one I see this year that I have seen on peoples wish lists is Halestorm
    I myself would check out Helmet but other than that I really could care less other than having a drink with Vinnie Paul from HellYeah/Pantera!!!
    "Shit Rocked" is a better name for that one
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu May 07, 2015 9:36 am

Azazel101 wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:In all fairness, I think Shiprocked caters to a different clientele.

More for the new generation American audience
    I would say on average only one or two bands could even jump ship and really the only one I see this year that I have seen on peoples wish lists is Halestorm
    I myself would check out Helmet but other than that I really could care less other than having a drink with Vinnie Paul from HellYeah/Pantera!!!
    "Shit Rocked" is a better name for that one

I just checked out an old lineup and I gotta say, yes they're catering to Americans, and I'm totally embarrassed by what counts as "catering to Americans," oh wow. That lineup suuuuuuuuucked.

I'd love Helmet too, but I like that '90s heavy rock sound. Unsane would be another good one.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 07, 2015 11:23 am

I wouldn't mind Halestorm jumping ship. Their new album is pretty meh, but they're awesome live.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 07, 2015 2:55 pm

Memnoch wrote:I wouldn't mind Halestorm jumping ship. Their new album is pretty meh, but they're awesome live.

Same thoughts re Halestorm (although I haven't listened to the new album).

I'm sure they will make it to Australia to tour eventually though, so I'm fine with them not being on 70k.

Just wandering a bit off-topic - the comment about Shiprocked being "More for the new generation American audience" got me thinking, what do you see as the market for the 'big 4' metal/rock cruises?

I kinda see it like this:

Monsters of Rock - older generation American audience
    Shiprocked - new generation American audience
    70000 Tons of Metal - METALHEADS
    Wacken Full Metal Cruise - European party animals :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu May 07, 2015 6:18 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I kinda see it like this:

Monsters of Rock - older generation American audience
    Shiprocked - new generation American audience
    70000 Tons of Metal - METALHEADS
    Wacken Full Metal Cruise - European party animals :P

Yep, in a nutshell. :)

Rock Legends Cruise - even older generation American audience
    Barge To Hell - trvue grvm kvlt METALHEADS
    Prog Nation At Sea - older/newer, mostly American prog-rock and -metal fans (all 1,000 of 'em, but sadly not enough)
    ProgPower USA At Sea* - would have been about the same (and not enough), with a harder focus

----
    * offered by Sixthman, but [wisely] declined
    2025 Wishlist: