Post Reply 2911 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    Speedy
    Ensign

Re: Prepare Your Wish Lists!

by Speedy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:08 am

deathmetalpat wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:One thing I'm noticing at the moment, is that flights from Australia to the US at the moment are WAY cheaper than they were last year.*
    There really is a bias towards a lower price when I checked RT flights to Miami from Sydney. It is 50% more expensive if the trip orignates in the USA vs.Australia. I guess the airlines keep the planes full by discounting prices from a country with a weaker currency. Airfare being so expensive from Australia means only you guys get this major help.

Even before the dollar started rising transatlantic roundtrips was generally significantly cheaper from Europe than from the US.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:51 am

cowboy71 wrote:And also interesting that the US currency fell heavily overnight - Australian Dollar improved almost 2 cents (very significant movement in such a short period of time!).

Hope the trend continues :D

Yay! My potential trip next year became like $30 cheaper in one night. Way to go, dollar!
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:59 am

Speedy wrote:Even before the dollar started rising transatlantic roundtrips was generally significantly cheaper from Europe than from the US.

True , the only way for USA people to get a good deal is to use a travel site like Expedia. If I look for rates to Australia or Europe and combine flight and hotel, I can save a lot.They must get some of that money kicked back to them by the airlines.They usually have a flight or 2 with a heavy discount.
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:45 am

Bookings for motorheadcruise start 25th marth. I guess we'll have some news from the 70k team soon.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:39 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Bookings for motorheadcruise start 25th marth. I guess we'll have some news from the 70k team soon.

I do not think that impresses Andy.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • Godflesh
    Midshipman

by Godflesh » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:15 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Bookings for motorheadcruise start 25th marth. I guess we'll have some news from the 70k team soon.

Yes I, for one, am going to Motorboat this year.
    Agnostic.Front-/-Akercocke-/-Alien.Weaponry-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Animals.As.Leaders-/-Behemoth-/-Between.The.Buried.And.Me-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Star.Riders-/-Body.Count-/-Brujeria-/-Candiria-/-Candlemass-/-Cattle.Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dark.Angel-/-Deicide-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-DRI-/-Entombed-/-Evile-/-Fear.Factory-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Galakticon.-/-Ghost-/-Godflesh-/-Gojira-/-Green.Carnation-/-Hatebreed-/-Iron.Reagan-/-Jungle.Rot-/-KMFDM-/-Kvelertak-/-Lost.Society-/-Loudblast-/-Manowar-/-Melechesh-/-Memoriam-/-Ministry-/-M.O.D.-/-Morbid.Angel-/-Morgoth-/-Municipal.Waste-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Nails-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Pig.Destroyer-/-Power.Trip-/-Protector-/-Rivers.Of.Nihil-/-Ross.The.Boss-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Saxon-/-Six.Feet.Under-/-Sleep-/-Stormtroopers.of.Beer-/-Suffocation-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Tankard-/-Terrorizer-/-The.Crown-/-The.Faceless-/-The.Great.Old.Ones-/-The.Zenith.Passage-/-Thin.Lizzy-/-Triptykon-/-Trust-/-Tsjuder-/-Twelve.Foot.Ninja-/-UFO-/-Upon.A.Burning.Body-/-Vio-lence-/-Wrath-/-Xibalba
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:32 pm

70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:29 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:...

I think I saw that tumbleweed episode on the Outer Limits. There was another far-fetched episode where there were announcements about 70000 Tons 2016.

SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Meanwhile in America, we are paying full price no matter where the currency goes and until recent were paying quite a lot more to do anything in Europe when we visited. I think it was $1.30 for one Euro last summer, but the seemingly lower prices tricked me a lot. :lol:

In all seriousness, though, I understand having the stronger currency meant it was easier to pay for the flight, which is no small chunk of change.

Having the cruise on Super Bowl weekend, that's some balls, but I'll bet plenty of American regulars to the cruise would be happy with a party for football fans on the ship. Any popular Sunday bands will probably be crowded shows at their first gigs. Me, I don't care for football, so I'll hang out with all the cool foreign people at the less-crowded shows. :headbanger:

I'm already stoked to find out who is going to be announced first. My guess is sometime around the beginning of April but in April for sure. Sad Motorboat took Exodus, but oh wells.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:11 am

Sure, the food on Liberty wasn't great, but jumping ship might be a little extreme..... :shock:

http://www.local10.com/news/coast-guard-crews-search-for-cruise-ship-passenger-near-marathon/31960120
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Pellaz wrote:Sure, the food on Liberty wasn't great, but jumping ship might be a little extreme..... :shock:

http://www.local10.com/news/coast-guard-crews-search-for-cruise-ship-passenger-near-marathon/31960120

Well, he probably wanted some better sushi than the one they served onbroad :D
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:06 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Sure, the food on Liberty wasn't great, but jumping ship might be a little extreme..... :shock:

Yeah, eating the sushi was a mistake. Next year, if I'm going back, I'm just going to stick with the salad bar and the freshest proteins I can find.

Breaking my diet with literally everything I ate was not good for my health...
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Gonna take a lot to get me back next year.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:50 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

Yeah, eating the sushi was a mistake. Next year, if I'm going back, I'm just going to stick with the salad bar and the freshest proteins I can find.

Breaking my diet with literally everything I ate was not good for my health...

I stopped caring once I went on vacation. I made poutine at the buffet Hahaha. Took weeks to get back on track.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • JanaPerry
    Wiper

by JanaPerry » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:52 pm

YOU NEED TO HAVE D.R.I. BACK!!!!!
    http://www.dirtyrottenimbeciles.com/home.htm
    Andy wrote:Sailors!

Are you getting ready...?

Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:19 pm

bodomdragon wrote:

Or it made him so sick he went stark raving mad and jumped ship. (I heard a few folks, including my roomie Raf, got sick from the sushi on 70K....)
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:51 am

Andy should include these as we have asked since the beginning and never seen. :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:37 am

Well at least we got a booklet this past year, that was pretty nice.

So uh... you alive there Andy? We haven't even been getting the daily posts anymore, just recaps of the LAST cruise.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:29 pm

This time last year I was already booked..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Year before last we got 'easter eggs' on Easter Sunday containing Dark Tranquillity, Soilwork, Overkill and Death Angel.

Andy doesn't tend to repeat himself (other than bands LOL :P) too much with how announcements are handled each year so I doubt this will happen this year.

I reckon we might be waiting until late April.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • eddie_beast
    Oiler

by eddie_beast » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:27 pm

- Testament
    - Overkill
    - Death Angel
    - Tankard
    - Exodus
    - Anthrax
    - Kreator
    - Warbringer
    - Finntroll
    - Eluveitie
    - Manegarm
    - Turisas
    - Ancient Rites
    - Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
    - Edguy
    - Freedom Call
    - Helloween
    - GammaRay
    - Nocturnal Rites
    - Wuthering Heights
    - Stratovarius
    - Unisonic
    - Masterplan
    - Kamelot
    - Luca Turilli's Rhapsody
    - Rhapsody of Fire
    - Savage Circus
    - Angel Dust
    - Heavenly
    - Iron Savior
    - Sabaton
    - Sinbreed
    - 3 Inches of Blood
    - Manowar
    - Crimson Glory
    - Savatage
    - Lordi
    - Airbourne
    - Scar Symmetry
    - In Flames
    - Soilwork
    - Into Eternity
    - Under Threat (COL)
    - Amon Amarth
    - Dark Tranquillity
    - The Haunted
    - Carcass
    - Symphony X
    - Dream Theater
    - Shadow Gallery
    - Treasure Land
    - Andromeda
    - Elegy
    - Pagan´s Mind
    - Ring of Fire
    - Ayreon
    - Evergrey
    - Haggard
    - Nightwish
    - Dimmu Borgir
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:48 am

DragonLordJones wrote:Image

Andy should include these as we have asked since the beginning and never seen. :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:

The Ear Plugs would be enough for me.. i think i'm getting old :cry:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:27 pm

Just changed my wishlist in my signature to reflect that Immortal is no longer immortal. Instead I want ABBATH!! He is going solo!!!

That would be amazing!!!! :beerhorns:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Motorhead Motorboat has already started taking booking and is filling up.

Wacken Full Metal Mountain has announced their first bands and will start bookings tomorrow.

MORC West Coast version has started announcing bands for their 2016 sailing.

Full Metal Cruise released details of their goodie bag.

What we are getting from 70K:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTCNwgzM2rQ
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:41 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Motorhead Motorboat has already started taking booking and is filling up.

Wacken Full Metal Mountain has announced their first bands and will start bookings tomorrow.

I'm afraid to click the link since the answer is shit.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:37 am

cowboy71 wrote:Motorhead Motorboat has already started taking booking and is filling up.

I don't expect this sort of things to change until 70K has a serious competitor (I don't consider Motorboat or Shiprocked serious competitors).
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:23 am

I hope the bookings for 70k don't start yet. I'm hoping the euro gets a bit stronger, so the "cheapest" spots wouldn't be closer to 1000 euros.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:57 am

Yeah I don't really want to pay $1300 Canadian for the boat if I don't have to.

• bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:08 am

Memnoch wrote:I hope the bookings for 70k don't start yet. I'm hoping the euro gets a bit stronger, so the "cheapest" spots wouldn't be closer to 1000 euros.

I don't think time is on our side. Chances are euro will get even worse and some say it might reach parity with the USD this year. If I could choose I'd book right away.
    Wishlist:

Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:12 pm

My local currency has gained some strenght against dollar this week. I hope it vontinues to do so, also the guys i was going with are not going now that dollar is so expensive, so now i am hoping booking starts as late as possible while i find someone else hahaha
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:26 am

NIGHTWISH
    DIMMU BORGIR
    TO/DIE/FOR
    EPICA
    SONATA ARCTICA
    AVANTASIA
    SABATON
    KAMELOT
    AMARANTHE
    Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-ReVamp-Syrens Call-Iron Maidens-Epica-Satyricon-Mägo de Oz-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coorius-Sabaton-Visions of Atlantis-Amaranthe-Lande-Sabaton
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:24 am

Captain Alex wrote:NIGHTWISH
    DIMMU BORGIR
    TO/DIE/FOR
    EPICA
    SONATA ARCTICA
    AVANTASIA
    SABATON
    KAMELOT
    AMARANTHE

I love your wishlist :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:07 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Captain Alex wrote:NIGHTWISH
    DIMMU BORGIR
    TO/DIE/FOR
    EPICA
    SONATA ARCTICA
    AVANTASIA
    SABATON
    KAMELOT
    AMARANTHE

I love your wishlist :D

I love 1/3 of it. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:05 am

So at the 312 Days to Departure Point last year we knew....
    1)Ship
    2)Port of Call and Departure
    3)Dates
    4)Greater that 10 bands announed
    5)Booking Codes for Veterans where sent out
    6)Booking confirms for Veterans who booked

This year we know https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XO17UxR2MHA
    My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    Slayer13
    Oiler

by Slayer13 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:44 am

For those that didn't care for the food on the liberty, did you eat at the buffet most of the time or in the dining room? I ate at the buffet twice, grabbed a few slices of pizza here and there and the dining room the rest of the time (with Ben and Jerry's , the cupcake place thrown in for good measure) and I thought the food was really good.
    70K 2014 - Survivor - Deck 4
    70K 2015 - Survivor - Deck 8
    70K 2016 - Survivor - Deck 7
    70K 2018 - Survivor - Deck 8

Wishlist for 2019 (work in progress): Abbath, Arkona, Avantasia, Brainstorm, Flotsam & Jetsam, Savatage, Voyager.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:57 am

JanaPerry wrote:YOU NEED TO HAVE D.R.I. BACK!!!!!
    http://www.dirtyrottenimbeciles.com/home.htm
    Andy wrote:Sailors!

Are you getting ready...?

haha! Well done Jana! Had a blast with you all in 2014 and the tour down under!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Slayer13 wrote:

For those that didn't care for the food on the liberty, did you eat at the buffet most of the time or in the dining room? I ate at the buffet twice, grabbed a few slices of pizza here and there and the dining room the rest of the time (with Ben and Jerry's , the cupcake place thrown in for good measure) and I thought the food was really good.

Buffet was pretty bad compared to other cruises and, due to time, that was where most of my eating was done. I ate at the formal dining room twice. Had one excellent meal and one disappointing meal. The pizza I thought was slightly better than on the Majesty, but that's not saying much. Cupcakes were good for a snack. Went to Johnny Rocket's once and it wasn't as good as in the past.

I miss the Compass Deli.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:12 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Slayer13 wrote:

Buffet was pretty bad compared to other cruises and, due to time, that was where most of my eating was done.

Have to agree here. I'm comparing with previous cruises on different ships, not previous 70Ks, but it WAS pretty bad. Very little variety day-to-day, some items were poorly labeled, and (unlike a certain other "fun" cruise line), they didn't have any items from the main dining room's menu available on the buffet.
    I wasn't sure if it was Royal's normal buffet fare or if they were deliberately toning it down for 70K's clientele...but the fact that I even had to wonder is a Bad Thing.

I ate at the formal dining room twice. Had one excellent meal and one disappointing meal.

I had two decent meals. I was underwhelmed by the menu there also.

The pizza I thought was slightly better than on the Majesty, but that's not saying much.

It was better than That Other Cruise-line's older-style pizza, but didn't hold a weak candle to their new-style pizza. (Quatro formaggia pizza or GTFO. :lol: )

And there's the lack of fee-free dining options. No Mongolian stir-fry Wok? No fresh made-to-order burritos with a salsa bar? No Guy Fieri's Burger Joint with an awesome toppings bar? Meh.

Cupcakes were good for a snack. Went to Johnny Rocket's once and it wasn't as good as in the past.

For me, Johnny Rocket's was one of the few bright spots. The staff actually seemed friendly and they were open until 5 am for 70K, instead of closing at midnight like they do normally. And they kept bringing me onion-rings until I hauled up the surrender flag. :D

I miss the Compass Deli.

It's been five years since my first cruise, on good ol' Majesty, and I still remember the awesomeness of the Compass Deli. Even better: it seemed like a lot of people never found it during the cruise, so it never had a long line.
2020 Wishlist:
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:46 am

There's too much emphasis on food here. I believe my fare covers the bands, port taxes/tips and accommodation, food is just a bonus. What do you expect? A Paul Bocuse dining experience! It's bulk cooking, food for the masses.
    Last edited by Dimma on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:15 am

If the places on the promenade next year could carry fruit/something not 80% bread into the late night that'd be great. Goes for the dining room as well - very little of the proteins weren't fried or covered in carbs. I know to a certain extent diets don't matter on vacation - but I had so many carbs I got sick. I do believe this year I'll tell UMC of my restrictions. ... But Ben & Jerry's was great. What's with you Americans and JR's? Two of my friends went and explicitly told me NOT to.

You know, once we actually confirm the cruise is a thing.

Donnerklang
    Oiler

by Donnerklang » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:49 am

My wishlist:

Amon Amarth
    long time nothing :viking:
    Nightwish
    Stratovarius
    Sonata Arctica
    In Flames
    Power Wolf