Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: Save The Dates!

by meshuggah » Tue May 19, 2015 11:42 am

Maybe Andy told the staff to take some time off for a job well done, and we'll see you in June to get 70000 Tons 2016 going. ....I hope...
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue May 19, 2015 1:59 pm

Booked my flight today, $96 round trip out of Philadelphia on Jet Blue was too good to pass up.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue May 19, 2015 7:16 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Booked my flight today, $96 round trip out of Philadelphia on Jet Blue was too good to pass up.

This is what I don't get about the way the cruise is being handled this year.Why not give people more info so they can set aside vacations and book cheap airfare and rooms.So MORC East is starting their pre-booking tomorrow for vets. and promising more artists!I am actually surprised about the fact more artists are coming before public sales start,24 bands out of about 45 already ,that is just crazy!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 19, 2015 8:37 pm

Yeah I'm impressed!!!

And, while I'm not booking MORC as I'm giving 70k the benefit of the doubt....

If that MORC lineup was the initial lineup for 70k? I'd be booking straight away, as it ticks most of the boxes for me.

The bucketlist artist:
    Queensryche

The artists I'd love to see again:
    Gotthard, Helloween, Y&T, Doro, Jeff Scott Soto

The artists I'd be happy to check out:
    Steve Vai, Lynch Mob, Vixen, Kingdom Come

On those above criteria its actually beating 70K 2015 for me :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed May 20, 2015 12:13 am

meshuggah wrote:Maybe Andy told the staff to take some time off for a job well done, and we'll see you in June to get 70000 Tons 2016 going. ....I hope...

Damn, I also want a job that gives me 4 months off a year :D
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Wed May 20, 2015 4:46 am

cowboy71 wrote:Yeah I'm impressed!!!

And, while I'm not booking MORC as I'm giving 70k the benefit of the doubt....

If that MORC lineup was the initial lineup for 70k? I'd be booking straight away, as it ticks most of the boxes for me.

The bucketlist artist:
    Queensryche

The artists I'd love to see again:
    Gotthard, Helloween, Y&T, Doro, Jeff Scott Soto

The artists I'd be happy to check out:
    Steve Vai, Lynch Mob, Vixen, Kingdom Come

: On those above criteria its actually beating 70K 2015 for me :P

:heavydrink: :heavydrink: :heavydrink: all said...i agree...and probably none of these bands will join the 70K of metal ...
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed May 20, 2015 1:39 pm

headlinerluxi wrote:and probably none of these bands will join the 70K of metal ...

I hope that's true :D
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed May 20, 2015 3:59 pm

Latest 70k post on Facebook:

"What could possibly be better than chilling in a hot tub, drinking an ice cold beer, headbanging to your favorite tunes, and spending quality time with your global Heavy Metal family?"

Responses so far:

A booking code

A band announcement

A destination port

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed May 20, 2015 11:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Latest 70k post on Facebook:

"What could possibly be better than chilling in a hot tub, drinking an ice cold beer, headbanging to your favorite tunes, and spending quality time with your global Heavy Metal family?"

Responses so far:

A booking code

A band announcement

A destination port

Sometimes they look like they're really asking for some bashing.
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Fri May 22, 2015 4:33 am

It's aweful to find an amazing flight price and feel uncertain about buying it, i think i'll wait for that. :?
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri May 22, 2015 5:19 am

I can only repeat it again and again. I'll never book again blindly. If the costs for a flight or hotel etc. are too expensive I won't book. There are many festivals and cruises in the world. Perhaps it's time to explore other once. :cheers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Fri May 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Europe has some hardcore metal festivals, I'm just sayin'.
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Fri May 22, 2015 6:40 pm

CountArioch wrote:Europe has some hardcore metal festivals, I'm just sayin'.

The thing is i am freaking far from Europe
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat May 23, 2015 11:54 pm

Sidvarg wrote:
    CountArioch wrote:Europe has some hardcore metal festivals, I'm just sayin'.

The thing is i am freaking far from Europe

True, but the money you'd need for 70K would go a long way toward attending a European festival (or maybe more than one), too.

Haven't been to a Eurofest since ProgPower -- back when there was only one -- in The Netherlands back in 1999...but with my 70K money I could go to one or two fests over there, now.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Mon May 25, 2015 1:30 pm

To people who go to European shows, is there any problems with Language barriers? I'm pretty stereotypical in that I only speak English (although I can manage enough Spanish and Swedish to at least read road signs and not get lost). When I travel abroad I'm painfully aware of the American stereotypes regarding language and I'm afraid of looking like an asshole.

Is it an issue, or should I stick to festivals in Great Britain? Or Scandinavia, as statistically if I go to a random person in Sweden or Norway they're more likely to speak English fluently than a random person in America.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon May 25, 2015 1:38 pm

CountArioch wrote:To people who go to European shows, is there any problems with Language barriers? I'm pretty stereotypical in that I only speak English (although I can manage enough Spanish and Swedish to at least read road signs and not get lost). When I travel abroad I'm painfully aware of the American stereotypes regarding language and I'm afraid of looking like an asshole.

Is it an issue, or should I stick to festivals in Great Britain? Or Scandinavia, as statistically if I go to a random person in Sweden or Norway they're more likely to speak English fluently than a random person in America.

I've only been to Wacken but english is spoken pretty much everywhere in the festival aside from a few of the security guards. Even got some free beers from fellow festival goers because i am American. You shouldn't have much trouble getting around the country either. English is pretty widely spoken though knowing some german helps. It was annoying at times because i wanted to practice speaking german but one mistake or hesitation, and people would immediately switch to english.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon May 25, 2015 6:03 pm

CountArioch wrote:To people who go to European shows, is there any problems with Language barriers? I'm pretty stereotypical in that I only speak English (although I can manage enough Spanish and Swedish to at least read road signs and not get lost). When I travel abroad I'm painfully aware of the American stereotypes regarding language and I'm afraid of looking like an asshole.

My experience is that Germany is much like how you describe Sweden and Norway. English is the lingua franca of Europe, and being a place of many languages, lots of Europeans speak great English as a way to talk to people from other countries. Spain for me was the big exception. I've heard English isn't as common in Czech Republic but probably will get you around Prague, but that's advice from a friend not a personal experience.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon May 25, 2015 6:11 pm

CountArioch wrote: if I go to a random person in Sweden or Norway they're more likely to speak English fluently than a random person in America.

Having just spent 2 months in Mississippi, I can vouch for that :D
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Mon May 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Well i just checked and the plane tickets from here to any place in Europe cost more that the whole 70k experience, and after thay there's all the expenses inherent to the festival haha, don't get me wrong, i will go to the European festival one day, but for yhe time being 70k is my best shot. I just hope for at least a wink from UMC haha while i can get these plane tickets this cheap.
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon May 25, 2015 11:47 pm

You wouldn't look like an asshole at all in Spain. Here people are very open. You might have problems with complex communication as the average english level is very low here, but noone will consider you an asshole for not speaking spanish.
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 300 Days!

by cowboy71 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:44 am

An update :)

On this date in previous years:

2011 - we knew 18 bands
    2012 - we knew 10 bands
    2013 - we had nothing (but 25 bands had been announced for Barge To Hell)
    2014 - we knew 14 bands
    2015 - we knew 16 bands

First announcement for the 2013 cruise was June 26 so we've still got a month until its the longest we've ever waited for the first bands to be named.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Tue May 26, 2015 6:20 am

I can only answer Germany but you won't have any problems speaking only English around here.
    Usually everybody will either speak English right away or somebody will join to help you out if you ever happen to meet that one security guy that doesn't know any English.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 300 Days!

by bodomdragon » Tue May 26, 2015 6:35 am

cowboy71 wrote:An update :)

On this date in previous years:

2011 - we knew 18 bands
    2012 - we knew 10 bands
    2013 - we had nothing (but 25 bands had been announced for Barge To Hell)
    2014 - we knew 14 bands
    2015 - we knew 16 bands

First announcement for the 2013 cruise was June 26 so we've still got a month until its the longest we've ever waited for the first bands to be named.

I feel like I don't care anymore. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing, but at this point I couldn't care less. I'm not even mad or worried or anything, I don't even feel like bitching, but I've lost my motivation and eagerness for news. And I have the feeling it's not only me around here... I know it will be back the minute we finally get substantial news and announcements, but for the moment I unintentionally sort of entered a stand-by mode. I think UMC is causing this, and they should start fearing the consequences their (lack of) acts might have, as people are starting to consider alternative places to put their money on.
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:28 pm

Yeah I agree.

The lack of posts here... there is even a lack of posts on the facebook group relative to how it usually is.

As mentioned before, its to the point now that I'd actually prefer no news for another month. As its been so long it is now close to tax time for us Aussies. And I expect a tax return that should cover the whole cost of a cabin up front.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue May 26, 2015 2:36 pm

Sidvarg wrote:Well i just checked and the plane tickets from here to any place in Europe cost more that the whole 70k experience, and after thay there's all the expenses inherent to the festival haha, don't get me wrong, i will go to the European festival one day, but for yhe time being 70k is my best shot. I just hope for at least a wink from UMC haha while i can get these plane tickets this cheap.

I took a quick look and saw your profile says you're from Colombia. Honestly, after all of the airfare, fees, at least one night's hotel stay, etc., I don't think that the cruise is cheaper. I think that it sucks, though. In the US I pay lots of money for staying at a different city, but in Europe it's expensive to get there and cheaper once you're there. Fucked if you go to Europe, fucked if you don't.

bodomdragon wrote:

You wouldn't look like an asshole at all in Spain. Here people are very open. You might have problems with complex communication as the average english level is very low here, but noone will consider you an asshole for not speaking spanish.

I ended up having a conversation with a girl on the train to Barcelona Rock Fest and she seemed to know all of about 5 words in English. That's not far from my level of Spanish. But metal heads are cool to each other in most places, and Europeans are very international and not copping an attitude about a foreigner's language skills *most* of the time.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Tue May 26, 2015 10:44 pm

SaraMarie wrote:I took a quick look and saw your profile says you're from Colombia. Honestly, after all of the airfare, fees, at least one night's hotel stay, etc., I don't think that the cruise is cheaper.

I checked this week and at the moment flying from Colombia to Europe is not cheap at all the cheaper destiny is Madrid and is already 4 times the cost to go to miami.

But as i said i WILL go to the European Festivals someday but now i have enough to go to the 70k (including the visa which was easier than i expected).

I am not complaining that there is no more choises, i just wish UMC offered me some information so i can start planning the travel.

I am gonna end up buying a new motorcycle with that money at this rate haha (jk i am very exited to go)
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Fri May 29, 2015 3:10 pm

250 days to go.

No news still.

All the sale flights are gone and back to high prices.

Speaking of the silly NFL...I wonder, will they have a huge screen
    showing that Superbowl on board?

ahh, asking too much. Not even a scrap of news at all anyway.

:boobs:

Wish list 2020: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond, Churchburn, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Sat May 30, 2015 3:19 pm

Cardest wrote:250 days to go.

No news still.

All the sale flights are gone and back to high prices.

Speaking of the silly NFL...I wonder, will they have a huge screen
    showing that Superbowl on board?

ahh, asking too much. Not even a scrap of news at all anyway.

:boobs:

I remember reading earlier they WILL show the Superbowl for those who are interested on certain locations on broad. If I can afford to go again Ill skip the Superbowl in favor of bands. :headbanger:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat May 30, 2015 4:44 pm

I hope they are showing the super bowl on a tv in a lifeboat.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun May 31, 2015 3:48 pm

Had a great time (as usual) at the Maryland Deathfest, where I saw a good number of people wearing 70K shirts. I found it very curious that 70K didn't promote itself on a 4-day festival that attracts people from all over. Then again, many things have surprised me about this cruise.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Madkill wrote:Had a great time (as usual) at the Maryland Deathfest, where I saw a good number of people wearing 70K shirts. I found it very curious that 70K didn't promote itself on a 4-day festival that attracts people from all over. Then again, many things have surprised me about this cruise.

It's possible that a sponsorship or promotional buy-in would have been pricey for UMC to handle, but why not organize an unofficial (but promoted here) "wear your 70K t-shirts" meet'n'greet to at least raise awareness?

UMC probably thinks that a lot of promotion in the States isn't worthwhile because they're certain of yet another sellout based on returning survivors and word-of-mouth...and hell, they could be right.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Re: Brace Yourself!

by Andy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:32 am

Brace Yourself!

Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:55 am

Brace yourself for another few weeks of nothing!
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:00 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Brace yourself for another few weeks of nothing!
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Yeah, I think you're right, Sgt B. Were this anyone else, there'd be an announcement this week.

... But this is Andy we're talking about.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:58 pm

At this point 70,000 Tons of Metal exists only as a social media platform ,different slogans that I swear have been used before.At this point a storm of annouments is a must,ship ,port of call and bands within a couple of days or this is just more promotion.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:03 pm

Ugh.

Maybe we're supposed to be bracing ourselves...for disappointment?
    2020 Wishlist:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:00 pm

I hope this dude is ready to drop half the line up right off the bat with all this waiting.
    70000 Tons 2019
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:05 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I hope this dude is ready to drop half the line up right off the bat with all this waiting.

This.
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:29 pm

At least we have a ship now :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
Post Reply 2908 posts