Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Brace Yourself!

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:05 pm

In all seriousness though, when posted on facebook they used the tag #SuperMetalSunday

Do you think that means this Sunday is going to be a big day of initial announcements?

Or is it merely referring to the fact once again that the Superbowl will be the Sunday we are on broad?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Sgt. B wrote:Brace yourself for another few weeks of nothing!

:lol: :party:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:18 pm

I love the fact they went though the trouble of photoshopping the name of the ship out.So either we get more clues each time a new post such ac "you can depend of 70,000 Tons for all you Metal needs" or "You gonna need your Depends once you see the bands we have lined up this year cause you are going to poop in your pants "!Or to make it worse a reveal a new letter of the ship each day with "Indenpence of the Seas" giving them 22 more days of stalling (Yes they will announce the blank spaces) :bitch: .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:27 am

Winter is coming... not the announcements, though.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:10 am

cowboy71 wrote:In all seriousness though, when posted on facebook they used the tag #SuperMetalSunday

Do you think that means this Sunday is going to be a big day of initial announcements?

Or is it merely referring to the fact once again that the Superbowl will be the Sunday we are on broad?
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:00 am

Independence of the Seas is actually 24 characters with spaces :P even worse.

If it's on Sunday, does that mean Pellaz wins the guessing game again?
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:09 am

Phoenix wrote:Independence of the Seas is actually 24 characters with spaces :P even worse.

Pellaz is on his third attempt at guessing. I still have not been eliminated from the first round of guessing (Feb 3, 2016). Price is Right rules say I already won. :P
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Re: 8 Months Until Departure!

by Andy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:28 pm

In exactly 8 months you will be onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2016!!! Round 6 of The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will be sailing on board of the Independence Of The Seas, the younger sister ship of the Liberty Of The Seas.

Check out the updated 70000TONS OF METAL website for more information on the new ship and stay tuned as we will be releasing more information on our Caribbean Dream Destination as well as the initial Artist lineup and Super Metal Sunday SOON!

http://www.70000tons.com

Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:50 pm

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:00 pm

FYI, prices have changed quite a bit. Seems that quads or higher have mainly either stayed the same, or decreased in price.
    Most of the doubles have increased in price significantly.

Also taxes etc have increased $15 per person.
    Last year's prices:
    http://web.archive.org/web/201404300556 ... ricing.php

Most significant changes I can see - Royal Family suite quad is $500 per person cheaper, large ocean view F double is $200 per person more expensive. Also noticed the cabin we had this year, Prom PR, is $167 more expensive!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Also karaoke has moved :)

THE LABYRINTH
    This two-story Gothic nightclub with a bar on each of its two levels is the place to be. Make your way over here for 70000TONS OF KARAOKE (first 3 nights only). This is also one of the areas for Artist Meet and Greets.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Taken from the Deck plans:
    THE LABYRINTH
    This two-story Gothic nightclub with a bar on each of its two levels is the place to be. Make your way over here for 70000TONS OF KARAOKE (first 3 nights only). This is also one of the areas for Artist Meet and Greets.

I haven't found where night 4 will be, but I'm glad that they're doing something with the gothic club. I remember last year they said that it would be a death/black metal bar, but it turned out to be abandoned when not in use from the meet&greets.

Edit: Bah, you beat me to it. lol
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:29 pm

Awesome, lets go with some band announcements.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:51 pm

SOOOOOON!!!
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:59 pm

I predict that booking will start on June 15. The website says that full payments are due by October 15, and that we have the option to pay in 4 monthly installments just like in previous years. This means the first payment would be due by July 15, the second on August 15, and so on.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:31 am

Well, I predict that the connection between the stages on the deck 3 will be the same than on the Liberty, we will have to go between them through the decks 4 or 5. Hopefully I am wrong :roll:

I have decided to choose a cabin with balcony, for a change, with a hope that I will have some time to use the balcony :cool:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:14 am

Sorry to say this but I am pretty sure we will have the same ass backwards entrances to the stages as we did last year.
    a lot of extra walking. I am complaining and I do not have your problem. but I do tend to have another :stagger:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:43 am

taketheday wrote:Well, I predict that the connection between the stages on the deck 3 will be the same than on the Liberty, we will have to go between them through the decks 4 or 5. Hopefully I am wrong :roll:

I have decided to choose a cabin with balcony, for a change, with a hope that I will have some time to use the balcony :cool:

We got a balcony on the last 70k and it was wonderful!
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:53 am

I had an interior room and it was great. With the lights out it was pitch black in the room, just the way I like it.

Though I also learned that I'm never playing the room mate lottery again. My one room mate was absolutely lovely... but that was it. Sticking with people I know this time around.

... As soon as something good gets announced for the lineup. I'm not prepared to book blind with the dollar this weak right now.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:27 am

Oh shit, it's about to be on. This isn't a great time for me now (I spent my bonus on MDF and need to buy puppy things and go get my new dog by the end of the month), but whatever.

I might go with a balcony room with 3 other girls again. I had a good experience last time. Having the balcony is nice, too.

Would be nice to get at least a headliner announced before booking, though.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:55 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:I haven't found where night 4 will be, but I'm glad that they're doing something with the gothic club. I remember last year they said that it would be a death/black metal bar, but it turned out to be abandoned when not in use from the meet&greets.

Empty and abandoned. Sounds pretty Black Metal to me.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Demons_&_Wizards--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Gloryhammer--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Iced_Earth--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Phoenix wrote:I had an interior room and it was great. With the lights out it was pitch black in the room, just the way I like it.

Me too, I loved it.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:19 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:Taken from the Deck plans:
    THE LABYRINTH

I haven't found where night 4 will be, but I'm glad that they're doing something with the gothic club. I remember last year they said that it would be a death/black metal bar, but it turned out to be abandoned when not in use from the meet&greets.

Edit: Bah, you beat me to it. lol

:D

Night 4 karaoke will be up on the Deck, at the Solarium. Karaoke up on the pool deck will be pretty awesome!

SOLARIUM
    The Solarium pool area is a great place to swim or sunbathe, and is where we will be hosting our infamous belly flop contest. It also features cantilevered whirlpools which extend twelve feet from either side of the ship. Each whirlpool holds sixteen people. The final night of 70000TONS OF KARAOKE will be hosted here.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:25 pm

Karaoke on the pool deck hey? That's a much better idea. Why has this not been done before?

Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:25 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I hope this dude is ready to drop half the line up right off the bat with all this waiting.

Yep, this is exactly what my friends who want to go this year are looking for.
    There's a lot riding on the initial lineup announcement.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Independence of the Seas is actually 24 characters with spaces :P even worse.

Pellaz is on his third attempt at guessing. I still have not been eliminated from the first round of guessing (Feb 3, 2016). Price is Right rules say I already won. :P

Damnit. :lol: :lol:

Still, I'll have a Pyrrhic victory. :twisted:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:30 pm

Im ready. Im ready. Im ready. :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Cardest
    Chief Petty Officer

by Cardest » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:32 pm

Do you think 4 months is enough time for those monthly deposits?

Suddenly, it's all happening!

Super Metal Sunday? What the?

:boobs:
    Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:34 am

Sunday Night Is Documentary Night
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:22 am

Last year's booking process was so "out of the blue" and hopefully so confusing at UMC they won't repeat it.Dealng with people across many time zones and not giving at least 24 hours between announcing booking and starting booking ending up with too many "lead passengers " ( 2 people booking for one cabin ).How a company so inept at times ;can think all the friends going have made their decision on ,if they are going and who will be lead,amazes me.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    CountArioch
    Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Anyone get their promo codes yet? I haven't received mine and was just wondering if I should contact someone. If no one has theirs then I'm not worried.
    ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:01 pm

CountArioch wrote:Anyone get their promo codes yet? I haven't received mine and was just wondering if I should contact someone. If no one has theirs then I'm not worried.

I haven't got mine either, I assume that no one has, otherwise this thread would be blowing up by now.
    Wishlist
    Æther-Realm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amaon-Amarth-/-Amaranthe-/-Amorphis-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Annihilator-/-Arch-Enemy-/-Arkona-/-Asenblut-/-Avantasia-/-Avartarium-/-Axxis-/-Babymetal-/-Battlecross-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Be'lakor-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodbound-/-Brendon-Small-/-Brymir-/-Cain's-Offering-/-Carach-Angren-/-Cattle-Decapitation-/-Children-Of-Bodom-/-Chthonic-/-Crimson-Shadows-/-Dalriada-/-Derdian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dying-Fetus-/-Edguy-/-Eluveitie-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evil-Scarecrow-/-Ex-Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Falconer-/-Fallujah-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Galneryus-/-Ghost-B.C.-/-Gloryhammer-/-Goatwhore-/-God-Dethroned-/-Gojira-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Iron-Savior-/-Kalmah-/-Kamelot-/-Lagerstein-/-Moonsorrow-/-Mors-Principium-Est-/-Nanowar-Of-Steel-/-Nightwish-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Powerwolf-/-Rumahoy-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio-Mortis-/-Serenity-/-Skálmöld-/-Skyfire-/-Solar-Fragment-/-Steel-Panther-/-Swashbuckle-/-Symphony-X-/-The-Dread-Crew-Of-Oddwood-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Týr-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Visigoth-/-Wintersun-/-Ye-Banished-Privateers
    70k2015 Survivor - 2328
    70k2016 Survivor - 7511
    70k2017 Survivor - 6523
    70k2019 - 3336
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:40 pm

CountArioch wrote:Anyone get their promo codes yet? I haven't received mine and was just wondering if I should contact someone. If no one has theirs then I'm not worried.

Got an email back saying, "We haven't sent out Promocodes for booking just yet...", "... in the very near future."
    Wishlist 2020: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Rotting_Christ-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Heilung
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Cattle_Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-Tengger_Cavalry-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Orphaned_Land-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Bob wrote:

Got an email back saying, "We haven't sent out Promocodes for booking just yet...", "... in the very near future."

They seem to have progressed from "SOON"
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:00 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:I predict that booking will start on June 15. The website says that full payments are due by October 15, and that we have the option to pay in 4 monthly installments just like in previous years. This means the first payment would be due by July 15, the second on August 15, and so on.
    Even though you are using reason and logic (something unheard of in UMC offices ),you are problably right about this.Eventually business practices will force the booking process.Monday June 15th would be public and pre-booking for vets should be Friday June 12th ,going past these days will screw up his own terms and conditions .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:57 am

I don't think that is the case, i know we all hope for an announcement soon but the October 15th deadline is to accuore a ticket in four installments, i might for example book a cabin in October 10th and make the last payment on january, what you can't is pay lile that after the 15th, so i dont think it means they must start booking on june 15th, i think im might take a bit longer, they will announce the port and later bands and finally booking i think it might take most of the rest of the month
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:25 am

What happened to Super Metal Sunday?

It's fucking Tuesday night here now!

or is it just a lame promo for Super Bowl on The Boat....
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:59 am

Sidvarg wrote:I don't think that is the case, i know we all hope for an announcement soon but the October 15th deadline is to accuore a ticket in four installments, i might for example book a cabin in October 10th and make the last payment on january, what you can't is pay lile that after the 15th, so i dont think it means they must start booking on june 15th, i think im might take a bit longer, they will announce the port and later bands and finally booking i think it might take most of the rest of the month

You are correct but I was adding an a Royal Carribean policy that must not apply (all cruisers must be paid in full 60 days before a cruise if you book before 60 days , then you must pay in full at time of booking less than 60 days on a normal cruise)
    1)UMC forces pay in full after 15 Oct. 2015,a which means about 80 days but with a late booking say 14 Oct. 2015 you can make you last payment really close to sail date.
    2)When I said business practices ,I was thinking UMC needs money but maybe they don't need any money.Enough profit from prior years ,a bank loan or Swiss Masonic bankers have it covered (see last year's main logo on t-shirt for details on third choice) :P .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jotunheimr » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:10 am

Sidvarg wrote:I don't think that is the case, i know we all hope for an announcement soon but the October 15th deadline is to accuore a ticket in four installments, i might for example book a cabin in October 10th and make the last payment on january, what you can't is pay lile that after the 15th, so i dont think it means they must start booking on june 15th, i think im might take a bit longer, they will announce the port and later bands and finally booking i think it might take most of the rest of the month

With all four installments due by October 15, there isn't really a reasonable timeframe for all payments to be made other than what I mentioned. Unless they're willing to extend the due date for full payment on account of this year's late start, the first payment wouldn't likely to be due any later than July 15.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:With all four installments due by October 15, there isn't really a reasonable timeframe for all payments to be made other than what I mentioned.

What i meant is that the deadline is to start paying in installments, it doent mean that you have to pay all 4 instalments for that day, it means that if you dont start with at least the first payment before that day you will have to pay full at once from then on
    Last edited by Sidvarg on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
  • Post Reply 2908 posts