Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Before Christ There Was Moses!

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Insomnium would be a great addition. A 2 setter that hasn't played the cruise yet.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:39 pm

Insomnium! :bangers:
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:54 pm

I'm excited for the next band to be Insomnium!

They are a 2 setter band that would further validate my decision to book again. :D

They have skipped over my state on every US tour so I haven't got to see them yet.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:46 pm

You also know with Insomnium, comes Omnium Gatherum at some point.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:03 am

Sweet, Insomnium is going to be sweet. Another I like!!!
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Shadows Of The Caribbean Sun

by Andy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:51 am

Please Welcome INSOMNIUM onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2016, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Survivors! If you have not yet received the eMail with your PROMOCODE for early booking, please check your spam folder and if you cannot find it then contact us... you can use your PROMOCODE for early booking until public sales start Thursday, July 9th at 3PM EDT, respectively 12PM PDT. If you are in Europe that's 9PM CET, respectively 8PM BST.

First time Sailors, get ready for public sales next week!

Now the only question remains: How long will we make you wait until we start with round 3 of this game?

Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

Re: Shadows Of The Caribbean Sun

by Jimbo2392 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:04 am

No "?" on the artist lineup does that mean no guessing games? :cry:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:31 am

Phoenix wrote:Well, there you go Bodom. Sounds like Insomnium to me.

OH MY FUCKING GOD. In-fucking-somnium. I can't believe it. One of my three all-time favourite bands obroad. I can't explain how this announcement made me feel!!! Jeez, if the lineup kicked ass so far now it's gone to another level. THANKS ANDY!!!!!!
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:39 am

At this point I see no reason what soever to not have Omnium Gatherum as well!!
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:55 am

Not overly familiar with any of the last four, will have to do some checking later.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:17 am

Finally a band I want to hear!
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:29 am

These are the bands I MUST see on the 70,000 Tons Cruise

At The Gates
    Children of Bodom
    Epica
    Fleshgod Apocalypse
    Insomnium
    Sodom

http://www.facebook.com/70kBands
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:40 am

bodomdragon wrote:OH MY FUCKING GOD. In-fucking-somnium. I can't believe it. One of my three all-time favourite bands obroad. I can't explain how this announcement made me feel!!! Jeez, if the lineup kicked ass so far now it's gone to another level. THANKS ANDY!!!!!!

I'm right there with you man! Absolutely mind blowingly great announcement. One I've been asking for for years and was starting to think it wouldn't happen. Thanks Andy!

Earlier this week, I told the band on Facebook that the forum and I really wanted them on board and that I hoped it would finally happen. They responded "Let's see ;)" which made me pretty excited!

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

• biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:03 am

I'm gonna guess another Round 3 band for the next announcement:
    Kreator, Arkona or Nile
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:19 am

biertroll wrote:I'm gonna guess another Round 3 band for the next announcement:
    Kreator, Arkona or Nile

I'll take all three!

I'm really happy with the Insomnium add. They were in my "full-sized" wishlist for sure. They were my only major conflict last summer at Summer Breeze, where I had to choose Devin Townsend over them. I did see Omnium Gatherum, though. I'd be happy if they also play.

Now only if my bank didn't have a minor stroke at me trying to pay for this cruise. Man, WTF? :?
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:29 am

5 2-setters in the first 20. Awesome.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:30 am

ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:50 am

I just realized they will probably play shit ass Bob Marley all day when we are in Jamiaica again..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: A ROTTING CHRIST Onbroad!

by Pellaz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:39 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:I think Holy Moses is obvious here but wonder if the "lose some sleep" comment could be a clue about the 20th band announced. Fingers and toes are all crossed for this to be true because it may mean that we are getting some INSOMNIUM!!!!!!

:headbanger: :shred: :death: :beerbang: :deathhorns:

Wow, good eye! That was like a pre-hint hint from Andy!

Insomnium = bucket-list band.
    If I hadn't already booked, they would have sealed the deal, much like Equilibrium did for me last year.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:44 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Well, there you go Bodom. Sounds like Insomnium to me.

OH MY FUCKING GOD. In-fucking-somnium. I can't believe it. One of my three all-time favourite bands obroad. I can't explain how this announcement made me feel!!! Jeez, if the lineup kicked ass so far now it's gone to another level. THANKS ANDY!!!!!!

I was awakened 1.5 hours early this morning by my co-passenger's text message telling me Insomnium had been booked. I'm tired, but incredibly pleased. :bangers:

Andy, I officially take back 75% of all the bad stuff I've said about ya.

...Well, okay, maybe 80%. But that's my final offer! :lol: :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:50 am

Razor Ramon wrote:I just realized they will probably play shit ass Bob Marley all day when we are in Jamiaica again..

If you got off and went to Margaritaville, they played metal at the bar ;)

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:31 am

Warphine wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:OH MY FUCKING GOD. In-fucking-somnium. I can't believe it. One of my three all-time favourite bands obroad. I can't explain how this announcement made me feel!!! Jeez, if the lineup kicked ass so far now it's gone to another level. THANKS ANDY!!!!!!

I'm right there with you man! Absolutely mind blowingly great announcement. One I've been asking for for years and was starting to think it wouldn't happen. Thanks Andy!

Earlier this week, I told the band on Facebook that the forum and I really wanted them on board and that I hoped it would finally happen. They responded "Let's see ;)" which made me pretty excited!

Haha - good one, nice timing!!l One of the times I watched them live it was here in Barcelona a couple years ago and I got to talk to them for a few minutes afterwards. I told them about the boat and how great it would be to have them there, and they said they really liked the idea and they'd be happy to jump in. So great that it finally happened. This seriously made my day, and my week, and my month.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:33 am

SaraMarie wrote:I'm really happy with the Insomnium add. They were in my "full-sized" wishlist for sure. They were my only major conflict last summer at Summer Breeze, where I had to choose Devin Townsend over them. I did see Omnium Gatherum, though. I'd be happy if they also play.

I had the same dilemma, well, it was not really a dilemma because I knew I was going to watch Insomnium, but missing Devin Townsend was a big disappointment. This one, and also Omnium Gatherum, ended up being two of the three best shows of the festival for me, along with Children of Bodom. So, Andy, you're only one band short of bringing the whole podium to the boat :D :D :D
    Wishlist:

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:53 am

Pellaz wrote:Andy, I officially take back 75% of all the bad stuff I've said about ya.

...Well, okay, maybe 80%. But that's my final offer! :lol: :lol:

:lol:

If next year's first 20 announcements are going to be as good as this time I can wait not until June, but until December :D
    Wishlist:

• broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:14 pm

:shred:

Last year prior to The cruise I went to Cleveland to attend a D.T and insomnium show. Awesome. I can attent an insomnium gig 10 times in a row....
    metal4ever
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:12 pm

Currently about 50% of the announced lineup are 'guaranteed 2 setters', 4 bands are from my top 10 favourite bands of all time, and there is only one band (Sodom) that I'm not interested in seeing a set of.

Compare that to 2015 after 20 bands I had 2 top 10s (Blind Guardian and Ensiferum), 4 two setters and 11 bands I didn't end up seeing a single set from.

I too take back about 80% of what I've said in the past about the skipper :P

Give me Within Temptation and Magnum, and that would increase to 100% :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:35 pm

I just remembered earlier that the last time I saw Wolfgang on the boat, I told him that they needed to book Insomnium. Apparently, telling them your requests in person works too, haha.

Thanks Wolfgang! :cheers:

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:49 pm

Never heard them before last night but downloaded some stuff and I did like what I heard.
    they are one of the few bands so far I will have to check out
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:52 pm

How much have things improved so far this year, comparatively?

- 2014 cruise. We found out the 20th band on the lineup, on December 24th.

- 2015 cruise. We found out the 20th band on June 25th, BUT that was THREE MONTHS after public sales commended.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:58 am

Really enjoying the active forums and not months of "umc sucks" :headbanger:

Anyways I know it wont happen but Rammstein is reforming in the fall so yeah.... Go get them Andy. I know some people argue where they fall in the metal genres but regardless imagine a boat with fire and flames and giant foam cannons. Then we would be rocking the high seas. :shred:
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:11 am

SpaceSlug wrote:Really enjoying the active forums and not months of "umc sucks" :headbanger:

Anyways I know it wont happen but Rammstein is reforming in the fall so yeah.... Go get them Andy. I know some people argue where they fall in the metal genres but regardless imagine a boat with fire and flames and giant foam cannons. Then we would be rocking the high seas. :shred:

I would be for this :cheers:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Rammstein would be cool, but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell they would allow pyro on the boat. I'd rather see them with their full stage show than a stripped down show just for the cruise.

• klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:08 pm

Warphine wrote:Rammstein would be cool, but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell they would allow pyro on the boat. I'd rather see them with their full stage show than a stripped down show just for the cruise.

Not to mention they'd have to get Wintsersun'd in, to prevent the crowd dynamic from being changed.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:43 pm

What you mean? Explosions and fire on a boat isn't suggested? :lol: :beerbang:

Deck ? 2020
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:29 am

The announcements have gone downhill after Epica and Visions of Atlantis, but that was to be expected. I'm hoping for some quality death metal. Never understood how Rotting Christ can be so popular, but seeing how Six Feet Under and Deicide are among the biggest names in death metal, I guess a billion flies can't be wrong. :P
    So, bring on some Dutch and Swedish (Stockholm-style) old school death metal greatness! :deathmetal:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:41 am

Amyphis wrote:Finally a band I want to hear!

I saw them in March as support for Ensiferum and really enjoyed to see them. Can't wait to see them again on the ship :wank:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:18 am

Warphine wrote:Rammstein would be cool, but there isn't a snowballs chance in hell they would allow pyro on the boat. I'd rather see them with their full stage show than a stripped down show just for the cruise.

That's exactly what I was thinking. No pyro = pretty weak, for Rammstein anyway, who are well-known for their amazing pyro. The only cruise ships who have pyro (well, fireworks) are Disney's ships...and I'm curious as to how they pull it off.

It's a shame about Rammstein, too. A friends' band* once dropped off the Ozzfest tour halfway through to open for Rammstein...and they said it was the best decision they ever made. Great Rammstein tour and great tour-mates also.

--
    * Godhead. They even got half their buy-in money back from Sharon Osbourne (!)
    2025 Wishlist:
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:46 pm

I am sure Rammstein would be pretty amazing even without the pyro... Thats a bit reductionist if you tell me some fire takes you from lame to amazing.... Although it is already pure fantasy haha
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    MonicaMM
    Crewman

by MonicaMM » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:23 pm

Sidvarg wrote:I am sure Rammstein would be pretty amazing even without the pyro... Thats a bit reductionist if you tell me some fire takes you from lame to amazing.... Although it is already pure fantasy haha

You're right! I can clearly remember when Rammstein played in a closed venue to about 7000 people here in São Paulo a few years ago and of course they couldn't use all the pyro they are used to. But it was completely amazing anyway, and I can't wait to see them again. Why not on 70k? ;)
    2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2023 survivor

Favorite bands: Amorphis - Samael - Moonspell - Blind Guardian - Therion - Paradise Lost - Rammstein - Avantasia - Helloween
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:27 am

We have 1/3 of the lineup. I would gladly take the other 40/41 right now but I can at least say I am happy with what we have so far.
    With all of that said though I am guessing Andy is waiting for the public sales to start before starting round 3 of the "game"? I was hoping for it to start this week but maybe he wants to see how his first 20 did attracting new sailors.

Also, I randomly noticed Andy logged in today (Wednesday) and didnt post anything. He is creeping.. or maybe I am creeping.
Post Reply 2908 posts