Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Title: Time To Drop The Hammer!

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:41 pm

Pellaz wrote:I'm 51, and I can honestly say I had never heard, or heard OF, The Rods before yesterday. :twisted:
    So....whew, looks like Rhapsody of Fire, which is fine...but we need more br00talz. :bmhorns:
    I guess there are quite a few bands in the Eighties that put out a run of albums that I never heard of either.If I didn't come across a band in a record store or they didn't get at least one play on Headbangers Ball,I wouldn't have found them.Listening to them, I wasn't missing anything special,a band called "Wrathchild"(Known as Wrathchild America due to legal reasons) then renamed "Souls at Zero"is a local band with a few albums I could throw out and nobody knowns of.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:25 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:Maybe the next announcement is so huge that it could potentially sell out the cruise and they want to wait until the next business day to spill the beans.

Yet another argument for my Pink Floyd theory.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:13 pm

I'd be very happy for Rhapsody, I've somehow never seen them. Definitely looking like a better lineup than last year, although Guardian is always great.

edit: just looked at the history page...2015 was actually pretty good. So maybe 2016 has just a little ways to go yet.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:42 pm

Hey Pat , Wrathchild kicked ass. Saw them many times. Climbing the walls is solid.
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:26 pm

content://media/external/file/29239

Ashes of Ares ...Make this happen Andy ...can u imagine the chance of Barlow as a guest during a couple Iced Earth songs as a 70k exclusive ?
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:27 pm

:headbanger:
    ravenous wrote:Hey Pat , Wrathchild kicked ass. Saw them many times. Climbing the walls is solid.
    Hey your from Baltimore!I guess Hammerjacks, Sandbar and Network (and its many other names) are a few of those places.They would be much better known if they got signed to a record company earlier in the eighties.It is funny seeing Shannon in Godsmack knowing he kicked ass in a great thrash band.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Yep, those were the spots... and the 8x10 once too I believe. Very true ..that dude is a beast. After your post I noticed u r from maryland too. So it all made sense. Lol
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:18 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:"Wrathchild"(Known as Wrathchild America due to legal reasons) then renamed "Souls at Zero"is a local band with a few albums I could throw out and nobody knowns of.

Climbin' The Walls!!!

A Souls at Zero announcement would make me cry :cry:

Oh and I discovered them on TV here in Western Canada
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:29 pm

I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if that same question mark is still in the same spot 6 weeks from now.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:39 pm

ravenous wrote:content://media/external/file/29239

Ashes of Ares ...Make this happen Andy ...can u imagine the chance of Barlow as a guest during a couple Iced Earth songs as a 70k exclusive ?

The next announcement will fall between My Dying Bride and Rotting Corpse. Sorry, bud
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:04 pm

Kingslayer wrote:
    ravenous wrote:content://media/external/file/29239

The next announcement will fall between My Dying Bride and Rotting Corpse. Sorry, bud

I think it was just a general request, not necessarily a request for the next announcement ;)

ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 am

Just a general request... When Barlow replied that they would love to do the cruise I had to put it out there.
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:48 am

Having Barlow on broad would be amazing, his voice is absolutely outstanding.
    I never got to see him perform live sadly.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:58 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    Hoppy McGee wrote:Maybe the next announcement is so huge that it could potentially sell out the cruise and they want to wait until the next business day to spill the beans.

Yet another argument for my Pink Floyd theory.

:lol:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:43 am

Pink Floyd would sell out the cruise in about 35 seconds... Jaja it is nice to dream like that
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:57 am

I don't think the type of crowd that Pink Floyd would attract to the cruise is the kind of crowd that we want on broad 70,000 Tons of METAL.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:11 am

Why not, people can like Pink Floyd and Metal at the same time.
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:57 am

Phoenix wrote:I don't think the type of crowd that Pink Floyd would attract to the cruise is the kind of crowd that we want on broad 70,000 Tons of METAL.

I think it's more likely the other way around.... In that many of the fans Pink Floyd attracts would not enjoy or understand 70K.

dlakavi_gusar wrote:Why not, people can like Pink Floyd and Metal at the same time.

While a majority % of metal fans respect and enjoy Pink Floyd, the opposite is not necessarily the case.
    Last edited by ShoreSlayer on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

• SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:36 am

dlakavi_gusar wrote:Why not, people can like Pink Floyd and Metal at the same time.

I do, but a lot of their fans are the kind that bitch if they can't sit for the entire concert and then also have everybody else sit down. I think most of those people would probably see the rest of the line-up and decide it's not worth it at least, but I've worked for StubHub, I can say there's a lot of morons with deep pockets who somehow are wealthy but can't read, lmao.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:48 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    I think it's more likely the other way around.... In that many of the fans Pink Floyd attracts would not enjoy or understand 70K.

That's kind of what I was getting at. The two environments, for the most part, would not mesh well, and I would not care to see them try.

I can respect Pink Floyd but their music is certainly not for me. It's irrelevant though - I can't see Andy being able to pay for Pink Floyd whether he wanted to or not. Not that it's a mark against him, just that bands that are basically household names are expensive.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:24 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    deathmetalpat wrote:"Wrathchild"(Known as Wrathchild America due to legal reasons) then renamed "Souls at Zero"is a local band with a few albums I could throw out and nobody knowns of.

Climbin' The Walls!!!

A Souls at Zero announcement would make me cry :cry:

Oh and I discovered them on TV here in Western Canada

Two sets with "Climbing the Walls" album being one whole set would be awesome.Most of the special stuff involves European bands getting together or playing albums,be nice if a little known North American band would be added.They could even play some Pink Floyd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGJubQGMJR4 ,this was awesome live every time I saw them.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:56 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:I don't think the type of crowd that Pink Floyd would attract to the cruise is the kind of crowd that we want on broad 70,000 Tons of METAL.

While a majority % of metal fans respect and enjoy Punk Floyd, the opposite is not necessarily the case.

I was just gonna say that

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:00 pm

So.......Andy???
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:44 pm

SpaceSlug wrote:So.......Andy???

Lollipop told me yesterday about once having to wait six months in between band announcements, so now I kinda feel like a bitch agonizing about waiting half a week for the next one. I can't help it; it hurts to wait

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Kingslayer wrote:

Lollipop told me yesterday about once having to wait six months in between band announcements, so now I kinda feel like a bitch agonizing about waiting half a week for the next one. I can't help it; it hurts to wait

Yep.

There was a period of total silence from 18th May 2013 until 9th of November 2013. 175 days. It was torture.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Kingslayer wrote:
    I kinda feel like a bitch agonizing about waiting half a week for the next one.

Don't. That's what we do here. We will do it until the day we sail, or close to it at least. :P
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Kingslayer wrote:

He's Stained Class on the forums, though I suppose calling him "Lollipop" gets the point across.

Welcome to the 70k forums. We've actually been very light on the bitching this year so far.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:50 pm

SaraMarie wrote:

I do, but a lot of their fans are the kind that bitch if they can't sit for the entire concert and then also have everybody else sit down.

Hmmmm, most of you kids here were much too young or were not born yet, when I went to Pink Floyd shows. And no, not all of us Pink Floyd huge fans sit at their shows, no more then 60% of 70k crowd sits at theater shows :mrgreen:

SaraMarie wrote: I think most of those people would probably see the rest of the line-up and decide it's not worth it at least,

Damn, what the hell am I doing by going to 70k and Barge, then?

SaraMarie wrote: I've worked for StubHub, I can say there's a lot of morons with deep pockets who somehow are wealthy but can't read, lmao.

I can't read what you wrote :twisted:

and btw, there is no reason to offend anyone here, we are all big metal family, with or without Pink Floyd fans among us :mrgreen:
    and there is not way they would reunite now, though I would love it.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:22 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Kingslayer wrote:

He's Stained Class on the forums

I can't believe that post didn't make sense to me until you said this :lol: durr

Andy where's the Bolt Thrower announcement?! :bitch: :bitch:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:02 am

So has the UMC promo team been spotted at any of the summer festivals yet? Haven't seen any photos or anything this year.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:10 am

My dream is to have a drink with Jo Bench! So Im all for #BoltThrowertofulfill my dream! :lol: :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:30 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:

I do, but a lot of their fans are the kind that bitch if they can't sit for the entire concert and then also have everybody else sit down.

Hmmmm, most of you kids here were much too young or were not born yet, when I went to Pink Floyd shows. And no, not all of us Pink Floyd huge fans sit at their shows, no more then 60% of 70k crowd sits at theater shows :mrgreen:

SaraMarie wrote: I think most of those people would probably see the rest of the line-up and decide it's not worth it at least,

Damn, what the hell am I doing by going to 70k and Barge, then?

SaraMarie wrote: I've worked for StubHub, I can say there's a lot of morons with deep pockets who somehow are wealthy but can't read, lmao.

I can't read what you wrote :twisted:

and btw, there is no reason to offend anyone here, we are all big metal family, with or without Pink Floyd fans among us :mrgreen:
    and there is not way they would reunite now, though I would love it.

I think you reply like I have a problem with all older Pink Floyd fans? I really don't. There are a lot who are not metal heads and do not like to stand at concerts. My father is one of these people. I also worked tech support at a ticket reseller (the StubHub thing) during the Roger Waters tour and can tell you that I had some complaints from people who paid a lot for tickets but did not seem to ready any information or who were unhappy when some younger people stood in front of them. Perhaps my time there made me jaded. ;)

Pink Floyd was my favorite band in high school, so there is that. :beerwink:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:52 am

Jimbo2392 wrote:My dream is to have a drink with Jo Bench! So Im all for #BoltThrowertofulfill my dream! :lol: :beerhorns:

That would be great as would I.
    and on 70k, some dreams come true
    Last year I had gotten to just talk with Mark "Barney" Greenway of Napalm Death. meet his Girlfriend/wife? and watched The Origin show and the pillow fight with them. was something I would have not gotten to do any where else so easily.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Activity around here pretty much grinds to a halt when no announcements are being made :P

MAKE WITH THE RHAPSODY OF FIRE ANNOUNCEMENT SKIPPER!!

And while you are at it, announce Within Temptation, Magnum, and Van Canto and I'll be good.

Actually, add Gloryhammer, Twilight Force, Orden Ogan, and Powerwolf. THEN I'll be good.

As long as you then add Amaranthe, Pathfinder, Thaurorod, Ancient Bards.

Yeah, I'm not asking too much, surely?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:44 am

Not at all, add Civil War too, they're neat.
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:48 am

cowboy71 wrote:Activity around here pretty much grinds to a halt when no announcements are being made :P

MAKE WITH THE RHAPSODY OF FIRE ANNOUNCEMENT SKIPPER!!

And while you are at it, announce Within Temptation, Magnum, and Van Canto and I'll be good.

Actually, add Gloryhammer, Twilight Force, Orden Ogan, and Powerwolf. THEN I'll be good.

As long as you then add Amaranthe, Pathfinder, Thaurorod, Ancient Bards.

Yeah, I'm not asking too much, surely?

Yeah, that way I won't feel bad about missing the cruise :D

Though I am confused as to why Skipper has suddenly gone dark when he was DOING SO WELL.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Luxi
    Oiler

by Luxi » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:20 pm

The mighty POSSESSED should be on the cruise... most definitely! :deathmetal:

Any chance for getting them on board Andy?
    Wish list for 2017:

Sadistic Intent, Hellwitch, Demilich, Infernäl Mäjesty, Sacrifice (Can), Razor, Possessed, Immolation, Hobbs' Angel of Death, Morbid Saint, Autopsy, Dr. Shrinker, Nuclear Assault, Denying Nazarene, Destructor, Morgoth.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Luxi wrote:The mighty POSSESSED should be on the cruise... most definitely! :deathmetal:

Any chance for getting them on board Andy?

There is a good chance. They were on the Barge (and killed it!) and some of the members live in Florida I believe.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:53 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    Though I am confused as to why Skipper has suddenly gone dark when he was DOING SO WELL.

And that right there is the problem :P

We've been spoilt with waves of announcements, now the inevitable silence that we get every single year will be even more unbearable :P :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:27 pm

glad I did not answer that as I am still waiting for Dark :death:
    miss read that one completely the 1st time
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
Post Reply 2908 posts