Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: The Caribbean Is A PARADISE LOST!

by Pellaz » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:33 am

What a great flurry of announcements, and a lot of bands that are "in my wheelhouse."

I dunno what triggered this sudden eruption of bands*, but ten bands in less than a day is pretty awesome!

This is a heavily goth-influenced lineup, too...and that's fine by me.

---
    * Actually, I think I know...
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:01 am

SaraMarie wrote:Now that we're possibly going into "filler" bands territory, I hope we get some more pleasant surprises like Gama Bomb and Masacre. I'd love Lich King, for example. Lots of great small-time bands out there.

Massacre is no more.
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:39 pm

spooky wrote:
    SaraMarie wrote:Now that we're possibly going into "filler" bands territory, I hope we get some more pleasant surprises like Gama Bomb and Masacre. I'd love Lich King, for example. Lots of great small-time bands out there.

Massacre is no more.

She was talking about Masacre from Columbia.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:41 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Happy to see Bloodbath and Vader finally getting on the boat, still don't think I'll make it next year, but I'm sure all who does will have an amazing time!

Yeah, those two as well as Vallenfyre came as a very pleasant surprise :D This is turning out to be a great year for me to pop my 70K cherry!
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:51 pm

Andy should announce some Gothenburg metal greatness in the next round. And no, none of that melodic drivel, but the Motorboater Extraordinaire himself, His Royal Gnoffiness. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    epartos
    Petty Officer

by epartos » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:09 am

Vader and Krisiun!! Great!! :death: :death:
    Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Get these guys on the boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKLKzE77YrM
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:57 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Andy should announce some Gothenburg metal greatness in the next round. And no, none of that melodic drivel, but the Motorboater Extraordinaire himself, His Royal Gnoffiness. :beerwink:

That would be nice indeed :beerbang:

THIS!!!! :cheers:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:00 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    spooky wrote:

Massacre is no more.

I mean that Gama Bomb and Masacre were good adds last year, and they were fairly unknown, at least to me. I'm saying that "filler" doesn't mean it can't turn out to be a really good band.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • mushoomhead666
    Oiler

by mushoomhead666 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:43 am

paradise lost, makes me super excite.. just have been listening to their new cd which was pretty awesome. I remember back in the early 2000's I typed gothic into napster and their song came up, got me into a whole new style of tunes. :D
    2015 CABIN 6563
    2016 CABIN 7629
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:36 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    spooky wrote:

Massacre is no more.

Well, perhaps we can still get Masacra from France?? :death: :shred:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:08 am

Or just get some more thrash for you. :headbanger:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:21 pm

When do we reckon the next lot of 10 will commence?

My money is on it being early December - maybe do a '10 days of xmas' type of thing.....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:41 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Well, perhaps we can still get Masacra from France?? :death: :shred:

Are these serious hopes ?
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:43 am

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:28 pm

ExtraneouS wrote:Image

Ain't that the truth!!! :bitch:

let's start round 5.
    One band a week for the next 10 weeks would take up to Christmas and keep the forum alive :givebeer:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:29 pm

I am NOT gonna complain :)

Lets not forget that for the 2015 cruise, we found out the name of the 40th band....

14 DAYS before sailing. This time we found out 4 MONTHS before sailing.

Yes this new method of announcements has lead to spurts of activity on the forum followed by periods of abject silence but I'd much rather this to the alternative!

My guess is that we'll have silence on the announcements front for another month or so, then the 2nd last lot of 10 bands in the lead up to xmas, then the last ten in the final week or two before the cruise.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:27 pm

I would be willing too bet that we get at least 5 while I am an Florida and I am ok with that.
    it is the other 15 bands that make me mad
    5 between Christmas and New Years works
    and 1 a week between then and now :bitch:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:33 pm

I could really give a crap!
    best week of the year every year!!!!!!!!!!!! :heavydrink:
    I just do not like the silence but in the end, it is all ways worth it!
    70k FOR EVER
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:38 pm

AMEN to that :D :party:
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:05 am

I guess : 10 for christmas
    10 the last days (9 small / crap + 1 big name).
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:06 am

Europe is playing at Revolution in Ft Lauderdale Feb 2nd, in case you're interested and are already in the area .
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:27 am

Madkill wrote:Europe is playing at Revolution in Ft Lauderdale Feb 2nd, in case you're interested and are already in the area .

Yeah, seems a bunch of cruisers is going to the gig. I guess I have to find some other day to visit Funky Buddha.
    Wishlist:
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:52 am

10 bands for Christmas and the 10 last ones between mid-January and few days before the departure :D

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:23 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:
    Madkill wrote:Europe is playing at Revolution in Ft Lauderdale Feb 2nd, in case you're interested and are already in the area .

Yeah, seems a bunch of cruisers is going to the gig. I guess I have to find some other day to visit Funky Buddha.

FB is a bit of a trek, me and Andrei used über there and back, took a good 35-45 min one way.
    They have a bunch of taps though, also a food truck outside, and they have flights!
    Downside: They only sell 6-packs to take away, no singles.

We're renting a car, so even if it's a bit out of the way doesn't matter. I guess Riikka will be the designated driver. :lol:
    Wishlist:
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

100 Days Until Departure!

by Andy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:00 pm

SAILORS!

In exactly 100 DAYS YOU will be onbroad 70000TONS​ OF METAL 2016!

Round 6 of The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will sail from Florida to Jamaica onbroad the Independence of the Seas, leaving from Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale near Miami, FL on Thursday, February 4th 2016 and returning on Monday, February 8th.

Still haven't reserved your spot? What are you waiting for?

Limited cabins remain - Book before October 29 to take advantage of our 4 Easy Monthly Installments Payment Plan!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: 100 Days Until Departure!

by Phoenix » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:19 pm

I appreciate that Andy switches the spelling from onboard to on broad on the forums.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:57 am

Andy wrote:Image

SAILORS!

Limited cabins remain - Book before October 29 to take advantage of our 4 Easy Monthly Installments Payment Plan!

This must be a hint that Warrant is going to be onbroad, since the big hit from "Cherry Pie" is Uncle Tom's CABIN
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:24 pm

HAHAHA!

Close, but no! That would be TOOOOO obvious.

What it must CLEARLY mean is that AVANTASIA will be on broad, because they just announced that the current lead singer Warrant, who's big hit from "Cherry Pie" is Uncle Tom's CABIN, will be on the new Avantasia album.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Guys, guys, guys. You're missing the obvious hints. Because "Book", "Easy", "Monthly", "Installments", "Payment" and "Plan" are capitalized, on the next round of ten bands these words are in the band names. Statsman, get to work on Metal Archives. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:44 pm

Memnoch wrote:Guys, guys, guys. You're missing the obvious hints. Because "Book", "Easy", "Monthly", "Installments", "Payment" and "Plan" are capitalized, on the next round of ten bands these words are in the band names. Statsman, get to work on Metal Archives. :lol:

NO

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Let me rephrase that. I wonder how many active metal bands there are with those words in their names? Surely you can't resist looking up statistics for that? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:35 pm

so we have 20 bands left, how will Andy do this in 100 Days (give or take a day) ? does he do 2 more groups of 10 meaning roughly 50 days (40 to be safe and give us a little time to research named bands) between announcements.

or does he break it down and drag it out now ? ( a few here and there through out the rest of our wait) ;)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:29 am

I reckon he'll stick with the groupings of 10.

10 in the leadup to xmas - so maybe early December, then the other ten through January.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:07 am

Only 100 days left? Not bad! :wank:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:34 am

ahh CRAP!!!
    I have too see all your ugly faces again in less than 100 day
    What a bummer. way to ruin my day!!

I Can NOt Wait!!! :shred: :shred: :shred:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:12 am

So, will the Wintersun event be repeated this year? A surprise high-profile band showing up at the beach party before they're announced at the last minute?

That was dope, I gotta say.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:14 pm

Independence has one too many syllables to qualify as an All Hands on Deck lyric :cry:

That said, I hope you guys enjoy checking out and metalizing another new ship :shred:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:32 pm

acidbasement wrote:So, will the Wintersun event be repeated this year? A surprise high-profile band showing up at the beach party before they're announced at the last minute?

I didn't know they were at the beach party, and now I wish I'd have seen them there.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:21 am

Jotunheimr wrote:
    acidbasement wrote:So, will the Wintersun event be repeated this year? A surprise high-profile band showing up at the beach party before they're announced at the last minute?

I didn't know they were at the beach party, and now I wish I'd have seen them there.

They weren't (unless they got there late at night), one of them mentioned getting on a flight that morning on Twitter.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:43 am

Yup. A friend of mine flew in on the same flight.
    Wishlist:
Post Reply 2908 posts