Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
  • Metalwrath

Re: How About Some NWOFM Onbroad?

by Metalwrath » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:59 pm

Actually i am still thinking A gonna be from Sweden with either Ambush or Air Raid.
    Air raid been on my wishlist for several years i think.
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Woohoo!!! Round 5 begins. And what a way to kick it off with one of my favorite bands!! Seen them a few times but can never see them enough, two setter for sure!

:headbanger: :beerbang:
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • big perken
    Crewman

by big perken » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Algebra from Switzerland maybe?
    mikijonas
    Crewman

by mikijonas » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Something with Twilight in the name or Twisted
    Make love, not war... and while you are at it, listen to metal!

2012 - Survivor (Don´t remember)
    2015 - 9561
    2016 - 6500
    2017 - 9561
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:08 pm

Maybe Twilight Of The Gods is back. Would be good for me since they were one of the three bands I missed in 2014!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:13 pm

AMARANTHE would fit the "A", and they are from sweden, and they are also hotly rumoured, but I imagine they would be too big to be a Cripper nominee.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:21 pm

Just our luck. When we booked on October 1st they started announcing bands 2 hours later, then today right after we make our last payment I come here and we found out the next round of announcements just started. Funny kinda luck we have.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:33 pm

Gonna take a shot in the dark and make three guesses.

From Switzerland - Algebra (Thrash)

From Germany - Mytherine (Melodic Death Metal) or would love for it to be Odetosun (Progressive Death)....not sure if Odetosun even plays gigs though?

From Sweden - Twins Crew (Heavy/Power Metal)
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:39 pm

For Germany i'm gonna go with T and say Twyster reunion.
    As for Switzerland possibly N for Nidhoeggr
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:40 pm

And yeah....this years lineup is without a doubt the best 70K lineup ever now!!! And still 19 bands to go!!!
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:57 pm

These latest clues are doing everyones heads in. Nice work skipper :P

Hopefully he puts us all out of our misery today!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Unfortunatly i just realised there is a band from Germany that fits the space and previously played on Barge making it a higher possibility.Necronomicon
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Why is this thread now called

'How About Some NWOFM Onbroad?'

Am I missing something?
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:11 pm

slayergeek wrote:Why is this thread now called

Am I missing something?

The Eluveitie announcement - Skipper describes them as "New Wave Of Folk Metal" or NWOFM for short.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:34 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    slayergeek wrote:Why is this thread now called

Am I missing something?

The Eluveitie announcement - Skipper describes them as "New Wave Of Folk Metal" or NWOFM for short.

Thanks!
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Yaaaaaaayyy! :viking:

I've liked Eluveitie for a long-ass time now. Since Spirit came out, anyway. The cruise being low on thrash compared to last year sucks a little for me, but at least there's plenty of folk bands for some good ol' heathen fun.

I'm glad we're back into the guessing game mode, because I'm bored as fuck and chomping on the bit to get down to Florida.

Soooo... I think the easiest one is in the T's, I'm gonna say Twilight Force from Sweden who play power metal. They have been recently announced for a Rockharz, just by checking their Facebook. I think the other two will be much more difficult guesses.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:58 pm

SaraMarie wrote:Yaaaaaaayyy! :viking:

I've liked Eluveitie for a long-ass time now. Since Spirit came out, anyway. The cruise being low on thrash compared to last year sucks a little for me, but at least there's plenty of folk bands for some good ol' heathen fun.

I'm glad we're back into the guessing game mode, because I'm bored as fuck and chomping on the bit to get down to Florida.

I am really falling out and need to get back in touch.
    Thanks Skipper for Eluveitie.
    bring on the cripper bands :bitch: I need some influence
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:52 pm

big perken wrote:Algebra from Switzerland maybe?

SO good :shred: :shred: :shred:
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:20 pm

It's really hard for me to pick a possible band from Switzerland. The only ones I know off the top of my head are Eluveitie (just announced), Triptykon (doesn't fit the letters, isn't a Cripper nominee) and Suborned (Cripper band but was on last year). So I'm stumped!

In the A's for Germany, it's possible to have Adorned Brood (folk) or Ahab (doom). Both are pretty active and somewhat known but not too much. I see Ahab on some festival bills, but not anywhere else really. Adorned Brood I literally learned about last week.

There are some possibilities from Germany for the N-O spot, but what I would like to see is probably too big for Cripper bands: Neara and Obscura (who just released something).

This is pretty hard!
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:53 pm

If Ahab would be the choice for Germany, it would make quite a few people happy.

That said, I am expecting bands I may not have ever heard of before
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Obscura would be a great way to help fill the death metal void. Plus they have a tour starting in March, maybe they'd like the practice?
    Last edited by Rjturtle9 on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Thanks for Eluveitie, that's really an awesome news this morning.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:53 am

Sgt. B wrote:If Ahab would be the choice for Germany, it would make quite a few people happy.

It would make me very happy indeed.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:57 am

Eluveitie is a good addition, their pool deck set in 2012 at 4am was one of the better more memorable shows on broad.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:20 am

Good for Eluveitie!!!

Now there is a perfect gap for Twilight Force. That would be a hell of an announcement!!! There are not many cripper award candidates for the band starting with A and I don't know any of them, and as for the remaining one, no clue.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:51 am

bodomdragon wrote:There are not many cripper award candidates for the band starting with A and I don't know any of them, and as for the remaining one, no clue.

just to name few:
    Alkaloid, Acherontas, Aeon, Abraham or Algebra (which will not be since I would have known by now) :wank:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:54 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:There are not many cripper award candidates for the band starting with A and I don't know any of them, and as for the remaining one, no clue.

just to name few:
    Alkaloid, Acherontas, Aeon, Abraham or Algebra (which will not be since I would have known by now) :wank:

Joey also mentioned a few in Facebook: A Document Says, Abaddons Breed, Ablaze My Sorrow, Accuser, Act 3, Adorned Brood... as I said, I don't know any of them. So it will hopefully be one that makes some of you happy. And in exchange, give me Twilight Force.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:02 am

bodomdragon wrote: So it will hopefully be one that makes some of you happy. And in exchange, give me Twilight Force.

Only AEON would make me happy
    and hope you will get Twilight Force
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:32 am

doomguy wrote:
    Sgt. B wrote:If Ahab would be the choice for Germany, it would make quite a few people happy.

It would make me very happy indeed.

Ahab would make me very happy.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:43 am

bodomdragon wrote:Good for Eluveitie!!!

Now there is a perfect gap for Twilight Force. That would be a hell of an announcement!!! There are not many cripper award candidates for the band starting with A and I don't know any of them, and as for the remaining one, no clue.

I agree, Twilight Force would be a fantastic announcement :deathhorns:

For Switzerland Abinchova would be great too :viking:

Have no idea at this time from Germany, except Freedom Call, but they aren't a cripper candidate for sure :D

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:45 am

Northgard from Germany.
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2020: survived 2021-2022: lost 2023-2024: survived 2025: #SOON
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:00 am

Amaranthe from Sweden and Obscura from Germany would make me a happy little wookiee.
    The Swiss band could be Tu...riptykon. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:48 am

I also would enjoy Ahab being the German band.

I'm really hoping Nifelheim, Nominon, or Necrophobic is the Swedish band.

No clue for the Swiss band,
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:31 am

Eluveitie sounds good to me! Not my favourite, but definitely solid. :viking:

I'm not going to speculate on the next ones, but I'm glad we're getting into Cripper award territory.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:16 am

acidbasement wrote:Eluveitie sounds good to me! Not my favourite, but definitely solid. :viking:

I'm not going to speculate on the next ones, but I'm glad we're getting into Cripper award territory.

and hopefully early enough to listen to their shit before hand
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:12 am

Andy wrote:You didn't really think we let this year end without giving you some more goodies, did you? So let's get this next round started by welcoming some New Wave Of Folk Metal onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL! Please welcome ELUVEITIE onbroad The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

THE best lineup since the cruise started in my opinion!!! This is amazing. THANK YOU ANDY!!
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    Eluveitie -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes Partial list
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:13 pm

Having named Eluveitie and Samael I can't think of any other Swiss bands. Triptykon doesn't fit.

Based on nothing im just going to say the NOP band will be Orden Ogan.

Or maybe the T band is something called TuXedoo that's playing at Wacken. Maybe they are from one of the three countries.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:31 pm

Abinchova, Nailed to Obscurity and Twilight Force.

I listed pretty much all the bands that fit the clues on metal archives. I would love if we got Alkaloid or Orden Ogan.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:41 pm

ACCEPT for Germany .... how much more cripper award can you get :lol: :givebeer:
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:02 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:ACCEPT for Germany .... how much more cripper award can you get :lol: :givebeer:

I hope you're right. That would be badass
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
Post Reply 2908 posts