Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:32 am

Year 1 was pretty epic for me as there were a lot of bands on that lineup I loved that I'd never seen before at that point (Epica, Amon Amarth, Saxon, Circle II Circle) or only once or twice (Dark Tranquillity, Ensiferum, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth). Plus a couple I'd never even heard before but subsequently fell in love with (Tyr and Sabaton).

This year is close to that though! I'm getting really amped!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:24 am

Sidvarg wrote:I have never been on the cruise and in the past my favorite bands have been in and are not this year, but seeing it as a whole, this year has more band for me than any other so far, so bet one for me too, although i don't like that so far there is no Prog at all, at least one or two bands should get in in my opinion since there is something of almost any other kind of metal

You, sir, have an amazing wishlist. I hope some of those bands get onbroad.

SaraMarie wrote:Too bad it is so far away from you (and me, but I was lucky enough to go once), but Be Prog! in Barcelona is an excellent prog festival. And I've changed my mind about Leprous, but I think they were already ruled out for the ship this year. Between the Buried and Me is playing Be Prog! next year, but it would be great to have them on the ship.

It's a good thing to have a good progressive festival in my hometown, but still, we have to travel far, far away for the best festivals (like 70k), so don't be too jealous :D
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:08 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Sidvarg wrote:I have never been on the cruise and in the past my favorite bands have been in and are not this year, but seeing it as a whole, this year has more band for me than any other so far, so bet one for me too, although i don't like that so far there is no Prog at all, at least one or two bands should get in in my opinion since there is something of almost any other kind of metal

You, sir, have an amazing wishlist. I hope some of those bands get onbroad.

SaraMarie wrote:Too bad it is so far away from you (and me, but I was lucky enough to go once), but Be Prog! in Barcelona is an excellent prog festival. And I've changed my mind about Leprous, but I think they were already ruled out for the ship this year. Between the Buried and Me is playing Be Prog! next year, but it would be great to have them on the ship.

It's a good thing to have a good progressive festival in my hometown, but still, we have to travel far, far away for the best festivals (like 70k), so don't be too jealous :D

I'm not terribly jealous myself, since I was able to go in 2014. I may go again to visit old friends. We still have MDF which is only a max 2 hr plane ride for me.

I'm very excited for the Skalmold announcement that will surely be tonight. If it's something else, I'll be very surprised.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:55 am

Enough with the folk bands :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:11 am

Where's the obligatory 1 month post?

I can't wait to be on that boat.

:death: :death: :death:
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Haven't had a band announcement on a Monday (Vancouver time) at all for the 2016 lineup so I'm calling it now. No bands today!

Better luck tomorrow :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:26 pm

30 days to go!!!!

It still seems like a long way away yet.
    But I get that feeling every year I guess.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:06 am

This round of announcements is taking forever... it was so cool when we got the 10 bands in just a few days :D
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:08 am

bodomdragon wrote:This round of announcements is taking forever... it was so cool when we got the 10 bands in just a few days :D

Well, you can see like this: You can be absolutely certain that 16-18 anouncements will be made in the next 29 days. That's alot! :-P
  • FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:12 am

I miss anouncements
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:47 am

scyll wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:This round of announcements is taking forever... it was so cool when we got the 10 bands in just a few days :D

Well, you can see like this: You can be absolutely certain that 16-18 anouncements will be made in the next 29 days. That's alot! :-P

I'll bet most of us are in Florida or on our way there when at least half of those are still being announced. Last year, I came two days early and there were 6 bands announced after my arrival. My guess is the last round of 10 is in the lead-up week.

Just give me one band that is not folksy or weenie, and I'll patiently wait on the rest. Except Skalmold, they're cool.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Move along folk, nothing to see here......

:P
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:51 pm

srsly stop announcing power/folk metal and start to announce death/thrash!

but well ... fuck off .... just announce something!!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Come on Skipper. Over six days since the last announcement, 16 to go, 29 days until we sail....

Chances are slim, the Eluveitie announcement last week was the first announcement we've had on a Tuesday for this cruise.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be the day!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Diomedes
    Oiler

by Diomedes » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:32 pm

I know that my vote doesn't mean much, but I signed up for the forums to beg that we get more band announcements.

Last year we got a full color glossy book, I've worked with publishers on things like that before and I had to order weeks in advance. So I'm working on the assumption that at this point, all bands are probably known.

Most of the bands remaining are probably small. Because of this, I haven't heard them all. I would like a chance to research these bands and listen to them before we show up on the boat.

So please, consider more band announcements. Thank you :) :viking:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:56 pm

Diomedes wrote:I know that my vote doesn't mean much, but I signed up for the forums to beg that we get more band announcements.

Last year we got a full color glossy book, I've worked with publishers on things like that before and I had to order weeks in advance. So I'm working on the assumption that at this point, all bands are probably known.

Most of the bands remaining are probably small. Because of this, I haven't heard them all. I would like a chance to research these bands and listen to them before we show up on the boat.

So please, consider more band announcements. Thank you :) :viking:

Your request will fall on deaf ears as it is one that has been made repeatedly over the years - but I'm sure the politeness of it will be appreciated :beerbang:

And welcome abroad!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Come on Skipper. Over six days since the last announcement, 16 to go, 29 days until we sail....

Chances are slim, the Eluveitie announcement last week was the first announcement we've had on a Tuesday for this cruise.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be the day!

I see you've been scrying in the murky darkness of the previous front page posts again. It's like looking for meaning in chaos. Hahaha.

Diomedes wrote:Last year we got a full color glossy book, I've worked with publishers on things like that before and I had to order weeks in advance. So I'm working on the assumption that at this point, all bands are probably known.

Actually, Andy has a time machine. It's very convenient, because it allows him to be very disorganized and procrastinate while still somehow getting together an amazing cruise every year. That's the only logical explanation... that there is no logic. :P
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:24 pm

I'm actually looking forward to hearing about the shore excursions. Might be down if they're reasonably priced and sound fun.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:29 pm

SaraMarie wrote:I see you've been scrying in the murky darkness of the previous front page posts again. It's like looking for meaning in chaos. Hahaha.

But there has actually been an actual pattern this time :P

It may change now that we are so close to the end but of the announcements this cruise:

1 on a Tuesday which was Eluveitie last week, 5 on Wednesday, 16 Thursday, 15 Friday, 5 Saturday.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:56 am

cowboy71 wrote:

cowboy71, you are a stats man here.
    Are we far behind with announcement this year compared to others?
    There are 28 days left and still 16 bands to announce.
    Is it not more than usual?
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:24 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

I counted 22 announcements and one cancellation in Jan last year. This year we are departing 13 days later, and had six bands less to go on New Year.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:31 am

At least I got Nightwish to look forwards to tomorrow night while waiting for these announcements!!!
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:48 am

Yep as Speedy said, we are actually in a slightly better position this year compared to last year :)

And the year before, for that matter. 2014 we had 15 bands to be announced with 28 days to go. BUT that was 15 out of 41 bands so as a percentage it was far greater than what we have at the moment.

Yes, as strange as it may seem considering we've got 16 bands to be announced in under 4 weeks, things have actually IMPROVED :shock:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:54 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Yes, as strange as it may seem considering we've got 16 bands to be announced in under 4 weeks, things have actually IMPROVED :shock:

WOW, I'm impressed. Thanks.
    So, we may get a running order 24 hours before BOARDING?
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:58 am

Isn't one hour before not enough :lol:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:22 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

WOW, I'm impressed. Thanks.
    So, we may get a running order 24 hours before BOARDING?

Now you're being TOO optimistic :)
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:40 pm

Mal2000 wrote:

To give a full breakdown of where we have been previously with 28 days to go:

2011 - 3 bands remaining out of 42
    2012 - 9 bands remaining out of 42
    2013 - 12 bands remaining out of 41
    2014 - 16 bands remaining out of 41
    2015 - 24 bands remaining out of 60
    2016 - 16 bands remaining out of (probably) 60

So on a percentage basis we are waiting for 26.7% of the lineup. The best situation we've been in since 2012.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:22 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    So on a percentage basis we are waiting for 26.7% of the lineup. The best situation we've been in since 2012.

It sure is! I'm pretty impressed with both the lineup and distribution of announcements this year. I can't believe it's already less than a month until we're onbroad! :bangers:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:04 pm

Can't wait to be back on broad! Seriously can't contain my excitement seeing Sodom , Bloodbath , Rotting Christ , Vader among others on the same boat! Hopefully I get one or two more from my wishlist as my birthday gift seeing my birthday is in about two weeks. :mrgreen: :beerhorns:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote:2011 - 3 bands remaining out of 42

If/when we end up with 60 bands this year, it's safe to assume there'll be only 59 bands on the next two cruises, right? :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:11 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Mal2000 wrote:

To give a full breakdown of where we have been previously with 28 days to go:

2011 - 3 bands remaining out of 42

2011 was the only decent year if you consider any other festival's standards in the world. Imagine Wacken with 40% of the lineup to be announced with only one month to go.
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:06 am

Ok, I think it's time to announce a Finnish band, because this is now a land of ice. -25°C (-32°C with wind chill) in Helsinki this morning, and this is practically Southern Europe. Below -40°C in Lapland.

If Sodom, Squealer, Stratovarius and Subway to Sally cancel, Swallow the Sun fits the clue and the place of the question mark nicely. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Awesome little bit of news - noticed a post on Facebook that the singer for Origin had so much fun on broad last year, he has volunteered to be part of the crew this year.

How cool is that?!?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:20 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Awesome little bit of news - noticed a post on Facebook that the singer for Origin had so much fun on broad last year, he has volunteered to be part of the crew this year.

How cool is that?!?

Hahaha, that guy's insane.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:22 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Awesome little bit of news - noticed a post on Facebook that the singer for Origin had so much fun on broad last year, he has volunteered to be part of the crew this year.

How cool is that?!?

That's insane :wank: :wank:

Also, I'm sure these next few weeks are going to be some of the longest of my life
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Well if we don't see any announcements in the next couple of hours it greatly reduces the chance of hearing anything for another few days :(

Only 1 announcement on a Saturday so far for this cruise, and none on a Sunday or Monday.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:49 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Well if we don't see any announcements in the next couple of hours it greatly reduces the chance of hearing anything for another few days :(

Only 1 announcement on a Saturday so far for this cruise, and none on a Sunday or Monday.

I've noticed that many came out around 9 pm EST or so, but I'm not holding my breath. I got too excited, because we always had rounds of 10 this time. We became a little spoiled. :roll:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Kingslayer wrote:Also, I'm sure these next few weeks are going to be some of the longest of my life

Oh man,,, work is brutal leading up to the cruise--constantly checking the forum and Facebook... plus, at my work it's pretty slow after Christmas...Hard to focus and make dumb mistakes :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:40 pm

Dude is really taking his time sitting on Skálmöld for probably no reason at all...
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:42 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:Dude is really taking his time sitting on Skálmöld for probably no reason at all...

There was a lot of what was almost bordering on customer satisfaction and a lack of bitching around here.

Dude has a reputation to uphold so NO MORE ANNOUNCEMENTS!! :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 2908 posts