Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    KeepTheDogsAway
    Oiler

Re: Thank You To All Survivors From 72 Nations!

by KeepTheDogsAway » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:24 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:I didn't see anyone from Children Of Bodom on the cruise aside from onstage.

So what is the story about Children of bodom? Where they being rockstars? I've heard people complaining about them. Any specifics? Jjust curious

I think this is just a case of someone working to maintain their sobrtiety in a vessel full of people who are partying. They found it best to remove themselves from the riff-raff, and avoid temptations.

Some cruisers who were hoping to hang out with this band may be disappointed, and interpret the lack of interaction as "rock star attitude", but ultimately COB were only hired to play 2 sets, and in that they delivered.
    ACCEPT-/-ARMORED-SAINT-/-AVATAR-/-BROKEN-TEETH-/-CORROSION-OF-CONFORMITY-/-DILLINGER-ESCAPE-PLAN-/-DOWN-/-DRI-/-FASTWAY-/-GHOST-/-GOJIRA-/-GRAVEYARD-/-HATEBREED-/-HIGH-ON-FIRE-/-IN-FLAMES-/-JORN-/-KADAVAR-/-KATATONIA-/-KILLER-BE-KILLED-/-KILLSWITCH-ENGAGE-/-KINGS-X-/-KROKUS-/-KVELERTAK-/-KYNG-/-LIKE-OF-AGONY-/-LUCIFER-/-MACHINE-HEAD-/-MASTODON-/-MOONSPELL-/-MONSTER-MAGNET-/-NIGHT-FLIGHT-ORCHESTRA-/-ORANGE-GOBLIN-/-OVERKILL-/-PRONG-/-SAXON-/-SILVERTOMB-/-SLO-BURN-/-SOILWORK-/-SOULFLY-/-SUICIDAL-TENDENCIES-/-THE-HAUNTED-/-THE-SWORD-/-TRIVIUM-/-UFO-/-VOLBEAT-/-WASP-/-WITCHKILLER
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

2016 Survivor Feedback Survey

by Andy » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:19 pm

Dear Survivors,

Thank you for sailing with me onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2016, Round 6 of The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

I hope you had a great time and enjoyed your stay onbroad. I value your opinion and ideas, as such it is very important for my team and I to gather as much Survivor feedback as possible so that we can make 70000TONS OF METAL even better in the future.

Please be patient as it may take up to 24 hours for the system to send all Access Codes. If you do not receive yours within the next 24 hours, please make sure to check your spam folder and contact us.

This survey will remain open up and until February 26, 2016 at 3PM Pacific Time (6PM Eastern Time).

Cheers,

your Skipper

mooyagi
    Captain

Re: 2016 Survivor Feedback Survey

by mooyagi » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:38 pm

Hmm. I filled it out and typed up a whole bunch of comments then got kicked back to the beginning when I hit Submit. Hopefully it went through.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:28 pm

Filled it in too with a bunch of comments,
    Anyway in regards to the children of Bodom issue.It personally didn't affect me but many people on the cruise told me they were not being very friendly at Meet and greet and that it was cut short not in relation to how many people showed up but more so their attitude at the meet and greet towards fans.
    The stage issue i was told was some issue with keyboards not working properly on the first set and some abuse being thrown at stage crew over it.

Maybe the info i have received is wrong but i think seems kind of strange.
    Especially after hearing on the first cruise they played Alexi also having some fit on stage during one of the sets
    And i know as a fact from talking to some of his band members after the cruise in 2102 that he had a second tantrum and dumped some equipment belong to one of the other band members on the cruise and just walked off and left it there and they had to get back on and search for it.
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:09 pm

TEKWRX wrote:Did any of the other meet and greets besides My Dying Bride end early? I was so bummed that we got to the labyrinth at least 15 minutes before the meet was scheduled to end only to find out they weren't there. The lady running is said there were no fans there for a while so they just let the band go. I was annoyed because I had brought some MDB vinyl with me to get signed. At least I was able to wait for Aaron after their theater set and get a quick picture and tell him how much Turn Loose The Swans meant to me. Otherwise I didn't see anyone from MDB walking around during the whole cruise except for the disembark line (and I would never bother an artist while waiting in that hell)

Really? I saw My Dying Bride a lot and talked to them a bunch of times.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:46 am

...filled in the survey as well. thank you, skipper andy for a fantastic cruise! so looking forward to next year, and already marked my calendar! cheers! :cheers:
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:24 am

mooyagi wrote:Hmm. I filled it out and typed up a whole bunch of comments then got kicked back to the beginning when I hit Submit. Hopefully it went through.

same here - but I'd say that's just how it works

I didn't have too many comments; for me, there are only two things they really need to work on: strobe lights in the ice rink and the debarkation fiasco; but I forgot about the pool stage not being ready...but I guess, they know need a reminder for that :D
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:58 pm

mooyagi wrote:Hmm. I filled it out and typed up a whole bunch of comments then got kicked back to the beginning when I hit Submit. Hopefully it went through.

Mine did too, I am able to fill it out again so I guess it didn't go through. Now I need to remember everything I said in the comments..

**It say's Thank You at the end if it really goes through.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:22 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:

Mine did too, I am able to fill it out again so I guess it didn't go through. Now I need to remember everything I said in the comments..

**It say's Thank You at the end if it really goes through.

Damn. I really don't want to type it all back up. Need to remember to copy my text before submitting
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Shadow Son
    Petty Officer

by Shadow Son » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:21 pm

Filled in the survey as well. My biggest concern was that all the meet & greets (from what I remember at least) were all crammed into Day 2 instead of spread out over the four days. Day 2 was my busiest concert day, 13, and had no time for any of the meet & greets that I wanted to go to.
    2015: Survivor: Cabin 9321
    2016: Survivor: Cabin 8455
    2017:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2018: Survivor: Cabin 1688
    2019:
    ABANDONED SHIP!
    2020: ABANDONED SHIP!
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:42 pm

I missed out on a lot of meet and greets due to not having a full meet and greet schedule like on the 2015 cruise (or maybe I just couldn't find it). I'm really lucky I just happened to randomly show up at the Turisas meet and greet but other than that, I didn't know when/where they were happening. Anyone else or just me?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:43 am

Jotunheimr wrote:I missed out on a lot of meet and greets due to not having a full meet and greet schedule like on the 2015 cruise (or maybe I just couldn't find it)

The full schedule was published in the Cruise compass for the second day and was delivered to each stateroom and was available at guest services at deck 5
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:02 am

Shadow Son wrote:Filled in the survey as well. My biggest concern was that all the meet & greets (from what I remember at least) were all crammed into Day 2 instead of spread out over the four days. Day 2 was my busiest concert day, 13, and had no time for any of the meet & greets that I wanted to go to.

I made a comment about this as well. At one point I had three sessions I wanted to attend, all starting at the same time. I tried to be strategic with it, going to what I assumed would be the less-popular bands first, but by the time I got to the third session, the band had left. Oh well...
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:31 am

Sidvarg wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:I missed out on a lot of meet and greets due to not having a full meet and greet schedule like on the 2015 cruise (or maybe I just couldn't find it)

The full schedule was published in the Cruise compass for the second day and was delivered to each stateroom and was available at guest services at deck 5

The Meet and Greet schedule was also published in the iOS and Android application (Unofficial app 70K Bands), complete with alerts under iOS (If you went into preferences and turned them on. By default it only alerts for Shows and Special Events). This feature should be available for Android next year.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:01 pm

TEKWRX wrote:Did any of the other meet and greets besides My Dying Bride end early?

Yes, Cradle of Filth's ended early. We were told -- politely -- that they had to go do an interview. Seems an odd time to hold an interview....during the last half-hour of the meet'n'greet.

I really wonder why they can't spread the meet'n'greets over a couple of days, too.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:27 am

Pellaz wrote:
    TEKWRX wrote:Did any of the other meet and greets besides My Dying Bride end early?

Yes, Cradle of Filth's ended early. We were told -- politely -- that they had to go do an interview. Seems an odd time to hold an interview....during the last half-hour of the meet'n'greet.

I really wonder why they can't spread the meet'n'greets over a couple of days, too.

They could schedule some meet n greets during the time we're at the port.

The artists would have to spend 30minutes at the meet n greet and then they would be able to enjoy haiti/jamaica/bahamas/whatever we arrive.

And we wouldn't miss any sets because we are at the meet n greets (something that really bothers me)
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Sidvarg
    Petty Officer

by Sidvarg » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:09 am

Mr.Kito wrote:They could schedule some meet n greets during the time we're at the port.

The artists would have to spend 30minutes at the meet n greet and then they would be able to enjoy haiti/jamaica/bahamas/whatever we arrive.

And we wouldn't miss any sets because we are at the meet n greets (something that really bothers me)

I think both artist and fans might want to get to some tours which start pretty much by the time we can disembark
    2016 cabin 8225
    2017 cabin 7535

Wish list:
    Angra, Amaranthe, Circus Maximus, Kamelot, Myrath, Tesseract, Symphony X, Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Avantasia, Orphaned Land, Haggard, Dynazty, Haken, Devin Townsend Project
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:44 am

I, for one , am not on 70K for the port
    if I get off the boat at all depends on my feeling at that moment
    I really am not interested in the meet and greets either but have a couple in the morning or before we depart is not really that bad of an idea. you still got time to do your thing just not as early or late
    I, myself would rather lose an hour at port vs a set or 3
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:54 am

Came out in the day 2 recap. :mrgreen:
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:19 pm

Sidvarg wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:They could schedule some meet n greets during the time we're at the port.

I think both artist and fans might want to get to some tours which start pretty much by the time we can disembark

meet n greet will make us miss something anyway.

i'd rather miss the tours than the shows, but the meet n greets could happen in the margaritaville for an example and start at 3pm? or at the boat a few hours before the 1st set of the day?

i don't know, just trying to find some new solution :lol:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    liser
    Petty Officer

by liser » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:54 pm

So just clarifying here, if I got booted back to the start page when I hit submit it means it did not go through? We're sure about that?
    Alestorm/Amon-Amarth/Arch-Enemy/Amorphis/Arkona/Blind-Guardian/Cancer-Bats/Cattle-Decapitation/Dimmu-Borgir/Dragonforce/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Equilibriumor/Fear-Factory/Finntroll/Gormathon/Hypocrisy/In-Extremo/Insomnium/Iron-Reagan/Korpiklaani/Kreator/Manowar/Mayan/Melechesh/Nashville-Pussy/Ne-Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Nightwish/Powerwolf/Rotting-Christ/Sabaton/Septicflesh/Soulfly/Stam1na/Suicidal-Tendencies/Tau-Cross/Triptykon/Turmion-Katilot/Wintersun
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:12 pm

liser wrote:So just clarifying here, if I got booted back to the start page when I hit submit it means it did not go through? We're sure about that?

Yes - you should be taken to a "Thank you" page if the form submitted successfully.

Anything else means it didn't submit properly.

ALSO, if you go to re-do the survey and it HAS submitted successfully previously you should be taken to a "You have already completed the survey." page.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Just curious - for those that couldn't submit the survey properly, what browser were you using?

Mrs Statsman had the same problem - spent ages filling out comments, submitted, kicked back to the start and clearly not submitted :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • strange
    Oiler

by strange » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:58 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Just curious - for those that couldn't submit the survey properly, what browser were you using?

Mrs Statsman had the same problem - spent ages filling out comments, submitted, kicked back to the start and clearly not submitted :(

I was using Chrome. If it is a browser problem, I'd suggest people not use that. And just to make sure, "copy" your comment text before hitting the "Next" button.
    A.K.A: Mrs. Statsman
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:52 pm

strange wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Just curious - for those that couldn't submit the survey properly, what browser were you using?

I was using Chrome. If it is a browser problem, I'd suggest people not use that. And just to make sure, "copy" your comment text before hitting the "Next" button.

I was using Chrome and it submitted fine for me.

I still copied my comments over to Notepad before submitting, though. Can't stress that enough.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:01 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

During the port-stop wouldn't be too good. Many of the bands would probably want to get off the ship and enjoy the port. (Not every port is a craphole like FoulMouth.) Plus, some of the bands might be tapped for shore excursions as was done in 2015.

Say, here's an idea: why not book 50 good, solid bands instead of 60 bands, have a more relaxed meet'n'greet schedule spaced out over two days, and have more sensible performance times instead of running 10 am through 6:15 am? (It would also allow for contingency rescheduling if a stage proves to be unusable due to, oh, say, high winds....)
    2025 Wishlist:
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:49 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

During the port-stop wouldn't be too good. Many of the bands would probably want to get off the ship and enjoy the port. (Not every port is a craphole like FoulMouth.) Plus, some of the bands might be tapped for shore excursions as was done in 2015.

Say, here's an idea: why not book 50 good, solid bands instead of 60 bands, have a more relaxed meet'n'greet schedule spaced out over two days, and have more sensible performance times instead of running 10 am through 6:15 am? (It would also allow for contingency rescheduling if a stage proves to be unusable due to, oh, say, high winds....)

Besides the ones with shore excursions, the bands would miss just 30minuts of daytime for the meet n greets.

But they could do the meet n greets between muster drill and the first set of the festival, don't know if that would work...
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:05 am

Pellaz wrote:
    strange wrote:

I was using Chrome and it submitted fine for me.

I still copied my comments over to Notepad before submitting, though. Can't stress that enough.

Same here. No problems encountered.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:08 am

Pellaz wrote:....

I prefer they keep it at the 60 bands. I don't care about meet'n'greets at all. They could get rid of those & it wouldn't bother me. I know other people enjoy them, but I don't want meet'n'greets to cost me the number of bands on the cruise.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:59 pm

I didn't go to a single meet and greet, I met everyone during the cruise anyway.

Sure you could have 50 great bands, but 50 great bands according to who? I'm good with 60, ups my odds at getting something I want.
    70000 Tons 2019
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:38 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I didn't go to a single meet and greet, I met everyone during the cruise anyway.

Sure you could have 50 great bands, but 50 great bands according to who? I'm good with 60, ups my odds at getting something I want.

I agree.

If we didn't have the "smaller" bands, I wouldn't have finally got to see Twilight Force live, wouldn't have discovered how awesome Abinchova are, etc.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:45 pm

I was a little hard on Andy about booking bands and not responding to them. Hope he clues in.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:50 pm

I couldnt careless about meet and greet. We are stranded in a 24/7 with everyone.

Its meet and greet at breakfast, lunch, dinner, gigs..etc

60 bands is awesome and the trip is a marathon. Keep up, be awake and bang your head!!!
    metal4ever
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:02 pm

broegaard wrote:Its meet and greet at breakfast, lunch, dinner, gigs..etc

It's exactly that. Because there are so many bands and they (almost) all mingle with everyone else. For me that makes much of the vibe of the whole event.

Some people complain about too many bands, too many overlaps, I miss this meet and greet, ohhhh I miss that show, fucking whine, moan, bitch... All the while they forget that with less bands the whole atmosphere would probably change and the fewer musicians may not move that freely around the ship as they do now.

:heavydrink: :3drunks: :cheers:
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:52 am

Keep forgetting to ask this, but did anyone else feel like the Ice Rink was smaller than last year? Even taking into account the real estate lost to the bar in the back?

It also seemed like the theater was a bit smaller, but it was less obvious.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:45 am

EvilDan wrote:Keep forgetting to ask this, but did anyone else feel like the Ice Rink was smaller than last year? Even taking into account the real estate lost to the bar in the back?

It also seemed like the theater was a bit smaller, but it was less obvious.

I think you might be right. I think the stage was either bigger or moved out more. Like you though, I am not 100% sure that is true. Regardless I think this is the best venue on the ship. More floor space then the theater, better sound then the pool deck, and a real stage (unlike the lounge)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    TEKWRX
    Oiler

by TEKWRX » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 am

Dark Dreams wrote:
    broegaard wrote:Its meet and greet at breakfast, lunch, dinner, gigs..etc

It's exactly that. Because there are so many bands and they (almost) all mingle with everyone else. For me that makes much of the vibe of the whole event.

Some people complain about too many bands, too many overlaps, I miss this meet and greet, ohhhh I miss that show, fucking whine, moan, bitch... All the while they forget that with less bands the whole atmosphere would probably change and the fewer musicians may not move that freely around the ship as they do now.

:heavydrink: :3drunks: :cheers:

That's not exactly true. Barge To Hell had a lot less bands, and I thought I saw many more band members mingling and hanging out compared to 70k2016. Could have been because it was a smaller ship, but there were plenty of times I saw band members hanging out watching other bands shows. Watching Sepultura while hanging Themis from Rotting Christ was a highlight, LOL. All in all, I thought the vibe of BTH was more intimate than 70k. Those are the only two cruises I've been on, so maybe 70k is always a different vibe than BTH? I don't know....

Either way, we had a blast on both cruises and are looking forward to booking again in the future :deathhorns:
    ----------------------------
    BTH Survivor (2012)
    70k 2016 Survivor
    ----------------------------
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:42 pm

TEKWRX wrote:That's not exactly true. Barge To Hell had a lot less bands, and I thought I saw many more band members mingling and hanging out compared to 70k2016.

Remember that BTH was nowhere near sold out, whereas 70k 2016 was, so the cruiser-to-band-member ratio on Barge was much lower than on 70K.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    TEKWRX wrote:That's not exactly true. Barge To Hell had a lot less bands, and I thought I saw many more band members mingling and hanging out compared to 70k2016.

Remember that BTH was nowhere near sold out, whereas 70k 2016 was, so the cruiser-to-band-member ratio on Barge was much lower than on 70K.

and their where a lot more bands of the same genres and the bands where more fans of the other bands
    we need another BTH on Majesty of the Seas not that I can afford that but I would make it happen
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    dlakavi_gusar
    Oiler

by dlakavi_gusar » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:12 am

I think the brilliance of this cruise festival is that nothing is obligatory - you wanna go to the gig you can go, but you don't have to, wanna go to meet and greet - you can do that too, wanna just hang-out somewhere and drink yourself to death, sure, no problem. You wanna stand in line for a couple of hours for the merch shop, do it. Nobody forces you to do anything you don't want to.

I personally missed a couple of shows I wanted to see, but I watched some others twice (even though I already saw them in my hometown multiple times) because I love them. Also couldn't catch all of bands I wanted for m-n-g because of overlaps, but fuck it - it was still the best 4 days in my life :cheers:
    10 of these bands will get me on 2017
    -/-Adrenaline-Mob-/-Apocalyptica-/-Avantasia-/-Axel-Rudi-Pell-/-Ayreon-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Civil-War-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Device-/-Disturbed-/-Dream-Theater-/-Edguy-/-Fear-Factory-/-Helloween-/-Kamelot-/-Manowar-/-Nightwish-/-Opeth-/-Pain-of-Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Russell-Allen-&-Jorn-Lande-/-Sisters-of-Mercy-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Symphony-X-/-Tarja-/-Therion-/-Within-Temptation-/-

2016. Survivor (2588)
Post Reply 2908 posts