Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 8 Months Until Departure!

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:09 am

ExtraneouS wrote:Once bands did get announced for 2013, was it done with a band a day, or a large announcement all at once?

We got 10 bands in one hit, then Turisas the next day, then booking codes the day after that. Over the next few weeks we got 4 more bands before Andy did one of his "I'm not telling you shit" periods of total silence from end July to end September.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:08 am

Looks like this year he won't do a silence from july to september, because we wont even have the booking code nor the firsts couples of bands.
    For The Horde!
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:27 pm

its not just us the fans complaining .. i have talked to more than a few bands that have either experienced it 1st hand or heard from others that 70k is very unorganized and under pays the bands compared to other cruises and festivals. Maybe the increased room charges will allow them to pay better and attract some "bigger" bands and/or get some others to return. i will say that there is virtually no chance of Iced Earth or Kamelot every dealing with UMC again and there are many others....on the other hand...GloryHammer is all but a lock for next year !! :)

Edit : Thats a big surprise announcing Iced Earth ... i have seen them 7 times since they were on the cruise and every time they have said it was a one time thing and they lost money doing it. +1 to UMC for making this happen !!
    Last edited by ravenous on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:11 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:I don't think i'm gonna be in 70k 2016 no matter what (other problems), but i feel bad for who's looking forward to it.

Dude, you and I have some beers to drink in that boat, don't say that!

I'll do what i can! :bangers:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Facebook Post
    "Sailors,
    In anticipation of what is going to be revealed over the coming days, 70000Tons.tv introduces a new feature: Musician Monday! Your favorite artists reflect on their experiences on board 70000tons OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy ‪#‎MetalCruise‬."
    1)Carefully worded statement
    2)To me sounds like the cruise is over,or changed somehow
    3)Cruise will take year off?
    4)Cruise with resemble Wacken (Full Metal Cruise)with Concerts on land ,Destation or before cruise starts in Flordia.
    5)Cruise has been sold to new promotors
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

by SpaceSlug » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Monsters of Rock cruise is on sale june 24th..... Just saying....
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:54 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Facebook Post
    "Sailors,
    In anticipation of what is going to be revealed over the coming days, 70000Tons.tv introduces a new feature: Musician Monday! Your favorite artists reflect on their experiences on board 70000tons OF METAL, The Original, The World’s Biggest Heavy ‪#‎MetalCruise‬."
    4)Cruise with resemble Wacken (Full Metal Cruise)with Concerts on land ,Destation or before cruise starts in Flordia.

Or just the fact that we're about to get bands and finally be able to throw money at them again!

They've already announced dates and the Super Bowl stuff, so slim to nil chance of your 2/3 happening. 4 could happen if they're working with Don and just counting the pre-cruise show he puts on as part of the "official" events.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:09 pm

The post is actually referring to the YouTube channel and there is more but no mention of booking,bands or the dreaded "soon " word.Actually too late for them to beat MORC,public booking starts Wednesday ,but booking already started for vets.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:35 am

"Sailors,

Personally, I don't think 2, 3 or 5 make any sense at all. Despite all the douchebaggery and disastrous management, I still don't have any reasons to believe there won't be 70k 2016.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:09 am

deathmetalpat wrote:5)Cruise has been sold to new promotors

A new - professional - Promoter would be much better than Amateur Andy......
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:32 am

klons wrote: 4 could happen if they're working with Don and just counting the pre-cruise show he puts on as part of the "official" events.

They could start merch selling BEFORE the cruise at those events!
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:27 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    "Sailors,

Personally, I don't think 2, 3 or 5 make any sense at all. Despite all the douchebaggery and disastrous management, I still don't have any reasons to believe there won't be 70k 2016.

I agree. This shit will go on. I hope the new plans work out.
    I would book completely blind today if I could.
    The only thing that will make me not attempt to be their is my death
    70,000 Tons Of Metal - 2016 :shred: :metalguy: :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:36 am

After this long of a wait ,some change in the business structure would be the only good excuse .The 2013 sailing had delayed booking mostly due to the BTH overlap so that year was an outlier.One thing that would be a good reason would be a better booking system also.Other cruises let you actually pick what category you want , while 70k is just a booking request.Looking at the website it doesn't appear that that has changed unfortunately .The bad thing about waiting is Hotels are starting to book up and the prices are inching up also.I imagine some of the cruisers have already booked rooms,most people wait until they have booked the cruise.Almost all the 70k announcements this year have been geared to keep interest up without any progress towards bands or booking.A couple of weeks of Metal Mondays and then a destination will drag this out even farther.I wonder if their is some German long word for this ,like Germans often have.Dickinwifdefuckinncrruisers or something. :lol:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:41 am

I've been "bracing myself" for so long, I think I've ruptured something.... :?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:28 pm

Twitter activity suggests that bands should be announced tomorrow and booking Friday,if they repeat last year's pattern.I do dislike the ambush style of booking ,a few days warning would be more professional ,but it seems they are happy with the results from last year.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Let's Play A Game

by Andy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:06 pm

Sailors!

We are going to play a game with you.

You will know the first 10 out of 60 bands to perform onrboad 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 within the next 24 hours. If you would like to play along at home, keep your eyes on our Artists Page.

Let's begin by welcoming ICED EARTH on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Let's Play A Game

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Okay the very soon means 2 hours or less lol!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:23 pm

Let The Games Begin !!!
    1st 0f 10 is not bad at all.
    I was just about to go to bed but now I might have to stick it out a few hours :stagger:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
  • ExtraneouS
    Petty Officer

by ExtraneouS » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:27 pm

The Artists Page wrote:The first 10 out of 60.

All artists listed alphabetically.

There is 6 before Iced Earth, and 3 after. Any guesses on who the other bands will be?
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:28 pm

Dark Tranquillity,Sonata Arctica ,Symphony X and Overkill my guesses however only 3 bands above "I" means I expect only one of these 4 are correct guesses.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:31 pm

ravenous wrote:i will say that there is virtually no chance of Iced Earth ... every dealing with UMC again

Yeah, about that :lol:

Iced Earth was one of my favorites from the first cruise. Never had the chance to see them with Stu yet. Then again, I still don't know if I'm going on the next cruise. Good start to the artist listing though.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:37 pm

GloryHammer ! Symphony X , Overkill
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:38 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    ravenous wrote:i will say that there is virtually no chance of Iced Earth ... every dealing with UMC again

Iced Earth was one of my favorites from the first cruise. Never had the chance to see them with Stu yet. Then again, I still don't know if I'm going on the next cruise. Good start to the artist listing though.

WHAT?
    70k need you!!! :gulp:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:40 pm

Yeah what he said!!! :D

As to the bands?

Hmmm Maybe Amaranthe, Edguy, Gloryhammer, Hammerfall to the left of Iced Earth.

Hoping Within Temptation will be to the right!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:41 pm

My Dying Bride just announced on facebook their new album is out in September.

How good would it be to see them on broad again!!??!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:44 pm

Also, about their "game".

Does this mean they are not actually going to make any further announcements for the first 10 bands?

And we just have to refresh the artists page?

If so - that's kinda cool :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:51 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Great first band. Iced Earth live has gotten a breath of fresh air since Stu joined. We've seen them 3-4 times with Stu and they never disappoint. I havent been a big fan with any of their albums with him but they are soo much better live.
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:55 pm

Amaranthe, Amon Amarth, Bolt Thrower, Delain, Enslaved, Finntroll, Hammerfall, Powerwolf, Vader
    70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Fast-/-Bölzer-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-DISMEMBER-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-DYING.FETUS-/-Dyscarnate-/-Gatecreeper-/-Finntroll-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorod-/-Grave-/-Gruesome-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hath-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kaoteon-/-Katatonia-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Magic.Circle-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Possessed-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-SATAN-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:14 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:Amaranthe, Amon Amarth, Bolt Thrower, Delain, Enslaved, Finntroll, Hammerfall, Powerwolf, Vader

That's a nice mix! I would be over the moon about that if it were true :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:24 pm

The last annouement that I consider a winner was Lake of Tears last year,Iced Earth means that hasn't changed.Repeat and crowd favorite but with only 10 bands rounded up it is like opening up the biggest Christmas present first and being disappointed :|
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:25 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Also, about their "game".

Does this mean they are not actually going to make any further announcements for the first 10 bands?

And we just have to refresh the artists page?

If so - that's kinda cool :)

Re: "game" - Dragonforce reference perhaps? Pretty sure that was their last single.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Greetings From Italy

by Andy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Please welcome LACUNA COIL onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL 2016, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Will they be bringing any fellow countrymen along?

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Greetings From Italy

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:48 pm

YES!!!

Well that's 4/4 sets for me so far :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:56 pm

Hope they bring a bass player this time,expected as it seems they do Shiprocked every other year.Cristina is social butterfly and is great personality ,liked their older music but finally a decent add.Now we need more girls Delain ,WT and Xandria.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:57 pm

Countrymen... so Fleshgod Apocalypse, Elvenking or a Rhapsody or two.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:59 pm

klons wrote:Countrymen... so Fleshgod Apocalypse, Elvenking or a Rhapsody or two.

Would LOVE Ancient Bards to be added.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:59 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Now we need more girls Delain ,WT and Xandria.

Death metal and girlie? You aren't Ville's long lost cousin or something are you? :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:02 pm

Doesn't impact my wishlist much (rules out Kalidia), but given that Lacuna has cropped up right next to Iced Earth on the lineup, that rules out (just in this initial crop of 10 bands) any bands whose names start with J or K.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:04 pm

Mamma mia!!
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: Don't even remember

Wishlist: Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Dzo-nga, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Primordial, Running Wild, Steel Panther
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:17 pm

Well so far he's certainly making up (to Dallas specifically) for the lack of weenie last year.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
Post Reply 2908 posts