Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: The Age of Swords is upon us!

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:47 am

We are there. 16days for 16bands (counting 60 + 1)....
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:00 am

Azazel101 wrote:we all know it is Raven so stop it!!!

I rather dream of a good announcement than bitch about a bad one like Raven. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:01 am

Memnoch wrote:
    Azazel101 wrote:we all know it is Raven so stop it!!!

I rather dream of a good announcement than bitch about a bad one like Raven. :beerwink:

well said!!!
    going back to the day that Pigs Fly
    bring on Pig Destroyer :shred: :heavydrink:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:44 am

You're all wrong.

Clearly when you think of ships and birds and metal, you think the albatross from Iron Maiden's Rime of the ancient Mariner.

Iron Maiden doesn't fit between Paradise Lost and Rhapsody of Fire you say? Well of course they wouldn't use their own name - they are wanted to keep it low key so they are playing under another name take from one of their classics:

Phantoms of the Opera

You're welcome :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:00 am

Actually, it very well could be Pig Destroyer. You know, there's a somewhat popular game (series) of pig destroying birds. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:02 am

cowboy71 wrote:You're all wrong.

Clearly when you think of ships and birds and metal, you think the albatross from Iron Maiden's Rime of the ancient Mariner.

Iron Maiden doesn't fit between Paradise Lost and Rhapsody of Fire you say? Well of course they wouldn't use their own name - they are wanted to keep it low key so they are playing under another name take from one of their classics:

Phantoms of the Opera

Damn, NOW it makes sense at last!
    Wishlist:
    Not in the mood to work on it.

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:08 am

Phantoms of the Opera

LOL. That one made me laugh, nice ! :beerwink:
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • elj4176
    Petty Officer

by elj4176 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:39 am

Phantoms of the Opera

Now that's the spirit!
    Survivor 2016, 2017

pics from 2016
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskFsgBhm
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:47 am

With at least one extra band for a total of 61 , sometime later today the horizon will be crossed with the number of bands left to be announced equal to or greater than days to departure.This point needs an offical title.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:12 am

Don't suppose The Raven Age, with Steve Harris' son, is a possibility?
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Downvod wrote:Don't suppose The Raven Age, with Steve Harris' son, is a possibility?

I would say no, unless his father's main band is booked.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:49 pm

Downvod wrote:Don't suppose The Raven Age, with Steve Harris' son, is a possibility?

I hope not. It's enough that one of Harris's kids is opening for Maiden on the American leg of the tour. Maybe its the one you mentioned. I would prefer Raven myself but I have a feeling this particular bird will be a Pelican.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    Downvod
    Chief Petty Officer

by Downvod » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:35 pm

metalmaciejmetal wrote:

I hope not. It's enough that one of Harris's kids is opening for Maiden on the American leg of the tour. Maybe its the one you mentioned. I would prefer Raven myself but I have a feeling this particular bird will be a Pelican.

Yeah, that's the one opening for Maiden, and the tour starts in Florida later in February. That's why I was thinking it might be a possibility. Plus, it would keep the '3 year rule' intact, since Raven played in 2014. I would enjoy seeing Pelican, but there certainly haven't been too many bands like them on the boat in years past. I would be pleasantly surprised if they were announced.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402

Abbath-/-Aeternam-/-Aetherian-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-At.the.Gates-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE’LAKOR-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carach.Angren-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Cruachan-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DEATH.ANGEL-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-De.Profundis-/-Devin.Townsend-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Emperor-/-Enslaved-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Exodus-/-Finntroll-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Havok-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Iced.Earth-/-IHSAHN-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-In.Mourning-/-Insomnium-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-MELECHESH-/-Mgla-/-MOONSORROW-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Obscura-/-Omnium.Gatherum-/-Oni-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-SOILWORK-/-Solution.45-/-Sunburst-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-Taake-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WINTERSUN-/-Witchery-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:57 pm

Memnoch wrote:Actually, it very well could be Pig Destroyer. You know, there's a somewhat popular game (series) of pig destroying birds. :lol:

Good point :lol: :lol:
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:08 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:With at least one extra band for a total of 61 , sometime later today the horizon will be crossed with the number of bands left to be announced equal to or greater than days to departure.This point needs an offical title.

Last year, we got nearly daily band updates starting around the last full week before the cruise, and lesser known bands tend to be announced in bunches, though not always.

I'm bored. I'm happy with the line-up for the most part, but I'm bored and cold and freakin' bored. Boredom and anticipation make for a bad mix. So I'll keep checking back and wondering about the next 15 bands, not because I care, but because I don't have much shit to do. :? :P
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:08 am

And now they've officially done it. We've reached THAT point. We've got as many days left for the cruise as bands to be announced. Congratulations!!! :bangers:
    Wishlist:

FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:35 am

That incredibly sucks for me ; it probably means we will get the last bands when all cruisers will be arrived.
    Well, what if I wanted to have a signature of them on a record ? in my ass.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:47 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:That incredibly sucks for me ; it probably means we will get the last bands when all cruisers will be arrived.
    Well, what if I wanted to have a signature of them on a record ? in my ass.

Yep that is the WORST worst worst thing about this.

All well and good for those that don't give a shit about that sort of thing, but I do.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:03 am

cowboy71 wrote:All well and good for those that don't give a shit about that sort of thing, but I do.
    Yup, we are at least 2 :beerwink: And knowing that most of the bands sell t-shirts rather than records, it's not good for us. Let's hope we will only miss 2 bands before...
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:15 am

Yeah, well if 2015 is anything to go by, there were 16 bands added in the last 7 days, when I had already left Australia.

Hopefully its not as bad this time, and we get the lineup finalised (or at least, down to the last couple!) before I fly out in 8 days time.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:48 am

What is still a mystery 4 me is that we all know Raven (or another band) will be onboard; why no anouncement ? To gain time ? Crazy nonsense.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:49 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:What is still a mystery 4 me is that we all know Raven (or another band) will be onboard; why no anouncement ? To gain time ? Crazy nonsense.

Well, same thing happened with Skalmold just a few days ago. Not that it's something new to any of us.
    Wishlist:

FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:06 am

Yup; patterns known; reasons still unknown ...
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:04 am

Maybe he does not have the following band locked, so he can build another clue.
    metal4ever
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:27 am

broegaard wrote:Maybe he does not have the following band locked, so he can build another clue.

At this point he'll probably have 10 more bands booked, at the very least. It would be a suicide being 15 days to go and still having to book 15 bands. Too risky and not very likely to achieve.
    Wishlist:

FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:34 am

He has to book at least 15bands to reach 60.
    If achivement is not unlocked ; next year nobody will go because UMC would be categorized as thieves to have sold a 60bands cruise that was in reality a <insert a random number between 45 and 60>.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:51 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:He has to book at least 15bands to reach 60.
    If achivement is not unlocked ; next year nobody will go because UMC would be categorized as thieves to have sold a 60bands cruise that was in reality a <insert a random number between 45 and 60>.

And the good news is that we know for a fact that won't happen, so pessimistic speculation is needless :D
    Wishlist:

FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:54 am

bodomdragon wrote:

And the good news is that we know for a fact that won't happen, so pessimistic speculation is needless :D
    Yeah for sure :beerbang:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:35 pm

I find the lack of announcements hurts bands that you really have no chance to give a listen to and not knowing if you you should bring a cd booklet or record jacket to get signed equally worthy of rage.If there is a small band you love having an item to sign might be your only opportunity to get that line up or even see the band at all.No one would cancel now if they didn't like the full line up.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    UltimoAviso
    Petty Officer

by UltimoAviso » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:38 pm

i gave up on waiting on the announcements, i've decided to do something just a bit more productive...watching paint dry.
    http://www.helionprimemetal.com/ <-My Band

70K:
    2016-7211
    2017-9230
    2018-1690
    2019-7648
    Wacken:
    Progpower:

Wish:Skull Fist-Striker-*Grim Reaper*-Manowar-Running Wild(and i book immediately)
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:53 pm

I have a feeling all bands are booked, Andy is just fucking with us.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:00 pm

I guess we are passing the threshold of more bands than days..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:17 am

Razor Ramon wrote:I guess we are passing the threshold of more bands than days..

Not as bad as last year.....

YET.

2016 - 15 bands left, 14 days to go.
    2015 - 23 bands left, 14 days to go.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:30 am

Well, 2015 was ridiculous. That should not be taken as a standard. The problem is that we're used to this and I've never seen anything similar in any other festivals. Yeah, I know 70k is different, but still.

Anyway, I try not to care much because the lineup already kicks serious ass and we'll have a blast anyway.
    Wishlist:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:42 am

bodomdragon wrote:Well, 2015 was ridiculous. That should not be taken as a standard. The problem is that we're used to this and I've never seen anything similar in any other festivals. Yeah, I know 70k is different, but still.

Anyway, I try not to care much because the lineup already kicks serious ass and we'll have a blast anyway.

Agreed. Last year at this stage I was PIIIISSSED OFF majorly.

This year I already have 50 sets I wouldn't mind seeing, and I've never managed to catch more than 30 :P

But it would just be nice to know the full lineup so we can prepare properly!

And yes - last year not a good comparison so lets look at ALL THE YEARS! With 14 days to go we were at:

2011 - 39/42
    2012 - 35/42
    2013 - 34/41
    2014 - 29/41
    2015 - lets try and forget that trainwreck :P

I'm hoping for some epicness in the final bands, but I won't get my hopes up. There has usually been 1 or 2 bands in the last 2 weeks that I've been happy with.

2011 - Circle II Circle
    2012 - Edguy
    2013 - Nothing really (although Nightmare turned out to be pretty cool)
    2014 - Gloryhammer, Freedom Call, Atrocity
    2015 - Trouble, Wintersun
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:02 am

I do not care much about the rest of the bands. I hope that it will be not too stressful on board. Perhaps it's possible to enjoy a little bit the boat. For me there are actually already enough bands on board. Much more as on the 2 cruises I've been before.

To me it's the best line-up ever this year. :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:46 am

can imagine some of These bands will be added to the cruise...

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... e=56FE7AB1
    :viking: :viking: :shred: :shred:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:18 am

In the end I wouldn't mind just sailing with the bands we have right now, the Line Up is amazing for me and I already won't be able to make it to all sets I'd like to see. Also we'll mostly see smaller unknown bands in those last announcements so it mostly just hurts those bands because people won't be able to listen to their stuff prior to the cruise.
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:22 pm

I would be very surprised if the Raven announcement isn't tonight or tomorrow night at the latest, followed by a brisk pace of more announcements starting next Monday and going up to the night before we cruise.

I'm still trying to think of how I will get enough cat naps between bands. There is just so much good shit this year.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:49 pm

SaraMarie wrote:I would be very surprised if the Raven announcement isn't tonight or tomorrow night at the latest

Never, ever, underestimate the ability of UMC to surprise us :D
    Wishlist:

Post Reply 2908 posts