Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 2 / 4 = 6???

by Azazel101 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:39 pm

well, Nightwish are scheduled to play Milwaukee February 27, 2016 so I would not rule them out at all as they will be in the states a few weeks later.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Re: Round 6? You got it!

by Andy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:41 pm

You got it! Round 6 of 70000TONS OF METAL The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise sails on February 4th, 2016. Count the days!

bernabeit
    Petty Officer

by bernabeit » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Holy shit, what a surprise!!!!! :bangers:
    Wishlist: Battlelore, Bloodbath, Borknagar, Communic, Dimmu Borgir, Dying Fetus, Gojira, Hypocrisy, Legion of the Damned, Midnattsol, Nightwish, Persuader, Power Trip, Suidakra, Warbringer, Whispered, Within Temptation.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:48 pm

And we shall henceforth refer to the skipper, as CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.

:headbanger: :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:29 pm

No shit, Sherlock?!?!
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:45 pm

we want boat - bands - destination - and bookings ....... not needed in that order :cheers: :chug: :chug: :chug: :givebeer: :beerhorns:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:01 am

DragonLordJones wrote:we want boat - bands - destination - and bookings ....... not needed in that order :cheers: :chug: :chug: :chug: :givebeer: :beerhorns:

Right! I would like to pay for this while I still have my tax returns.
    LET THE BOOKING BEGIN!!! in my best Glen Benton voice of Vital Remains "Let The Killing Begin"
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:40 am

OMG Sailors.......New Clue!!!!!!!!!!

70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-At.the.Gates-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:41 am

cowboy71 wrote:And we shall henceforth refer to the skipper, as CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.

:headbanger: :lol:

Someone needs to Photoshop that hotels.com captain obvious with Andy's face
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:43 pm

Hoppy McGee wrote:OMG Sailors.......New Clue!!!!!!!!!!

I figured this one out !That is a Tugboat,which jerks ships over water ,so latest post means "Andy is jerking off 70,000 people" :bitch:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:12 pm

I wonder why it's February now. Sucks for me, as I can't get off work at that time.

Here's hoping for 2017 then.

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Cardest wrote:I wonder why it's February now. Sucks for me, as I can't get off work at that time.

Most likely reasoning is so that it does not clash with NAMM:

https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2016
    Upcoming Gigs:

2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:02 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Cardest wrote:I wonder why it's February now. Sucks for me, as I can't get off work at that time.

Most likely reasoning is so that it does not clash with NAMM:

https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2016

Or simply that Rock Legends grabbed "our" dates first.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:52 am

It's only one week later than usual, so maybe the simplest explanation is that that's the closest availability that RC provided for 2016.
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:45 am

well, shit happens, sorry for that
    2015 changed dates prevented me to come - cruise started just 2 days too early
    any dates after January 24th are just perfect for me

In Nassau (BTH) I just went to Atlantis with bunch of friends and we had an awesome time.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:49 am

Super Bowl weekend in America makes this the cheapest cruise to charter.Wedding Hallls used to do 50% discounts on Super Bowl Sunday to get weddings , now they either close or have Super Bowl parties but no other events.Plan anything in America on Super Bowl Sunday and you are just asking for failure.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:44 am

deathmetalpat wrote:Super Bowl weekend in America makes this the cheapest cruise to charter.Wedding Hallls used to do 50% discounts on Super Bowl Sunday to get weddings , now they either close or have Super Bowl parties but no other events.Plan anything in America on Super Bowl Sunday and you are just asking for failure.

Hey, I know a lot of Canadians (Calgarians in particular) that would be happy to take the cabins the Americans give up for this. A couple are football fans, but there's an option to watch the Super Bowl on the ship, as the Skipper already mentioned, and they're totally fine with that.

I do sympathise with those that cannot take vacation time during the Super Bowl though - it really sucks that they can't go on their favourite vacation because it coincides with busy time.

On that note, great. Official date has been announced. My priorities now are bands, destination and booking information - yeah in that order, I know it'll never happen though.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:19 pm

Im from America, but I could care less for the Super Bowl so count me on broad if I can financially pay 70k 2016 haha.
    On a side note I think I found our destination: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/4 ... Mode=false
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:22 pm

It's too bad it's during the Super Bowl because I would prefer to not hear a single word about about it.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • igglepuff
    Oiler

by igglepuff » Fri May 01, 2015 9:41 am

Razor Ramon wrote:It's too bad it's during the Super Bowl because I would prefer to not hear a single word about about it.

I'm not the only one who couldn't care less! yay! I won't lie after the year ive had from divorce to losing a few family members, I can't wait to just have fun, make some new friends and listen to good music.... in the middle of the ocean!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri May 01, 2015 10:12 am

Jimbo2392 wrote:On a side note I think I found our destination: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/4 ... Mode=false

I wouldn't mind the cruise starting from Tampa, but I'm fairly sure we'll sail on the Independence from Port Everglades.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Re: Save The Dates!

by Andy » Fri May 01, 2015 4:48 pm

Sailors, you got the news: 70000TONS OF METAL 2016, Round 6 of The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise will sail out of Ft. Lauderdale, FL on February 4 and return on February 8, 2016. Which Caribbean dream destination will we invade this time?

• Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri May 01, 2015 4:51 pm

As someone whose first time was last year, I kind of hope it's Turks + Caicos. But I'll take whatever Andy wants to throw at us. Unless it's somewhere like... Alaska
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri May 01, 2015 4:59 pm

The Indepence of the Seas just sold out all cabins , so that was the easiest way to black cruise out in a hurry .So it is the Independence,once again I am assuming 2016 and Andy hasn't invented time machine and cruise is Feb. 4-8 2015.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri May 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Geez Facebook ,Instragram and Twitter announcement wiped and this one edited ,off to a bad start with news.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat May 02, 2015 2:57 am

Has anyone noticed the uh....football in the ocean?

WHat nation in the Caribbean plays that?

Independence of the Seas does make runs to Laribbee, Haiti.

Ah, the teasing.
    The tiny clues.
    Cool, more keen to know details already.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat May 02, 2015 7:02 am

Cardest wrote:Has anyone noticed the uh....football in the ocean?

WHat nation in the Caribbean plays that?

Independence of the Seas does make runs to Laribbee, Haiti.

Heh, you're really trying to stretch that hint into a Haiti port. :P

I'd be psyched for a trip to Haiti if they had some kind of historic sightseeing excursion, but it doesn't seem to have that, too bad. I want to see a place where slaves had a battle against the French or something.

Cuba would be an awesome trip, but I doubt RC will start making stops there until it's 100% certain the US government is okay, and even then they need to set some things up, I'm sure.

Turks and Caicos sounds cool.

I'm glad that the port stays the same. I already booked my hotel a couple months ago, because it was filling up so fast. It's a place near the Riptide, sort of, and behind that taco place. I'm thinking it'll be way better than that dirty clusterfuck Historic Hollywood whatever.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat May 02, 2015 6:20 pm

Haiti would be great.

But I Hait-i to say it, I can't make it.
    February is no good for me at all, after 4 cruises. Grr

2017 perhaps.......

Enjoy

Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat May 02, 2015 11:40 pm

The football might just be a nod to the Superbowl and the fact that it will be carried aboard ship....or maybe it's Something Else. (Whooo......)

Port-stops I'd hate: Nassau, Freeport (ugh), Key West (legally impossible anyway due to the PVSA)

Port-stops I'd love: Grand Turk T&C, Labadee Haiti, Little Stirrup Cay, La Romana D.R., St. Thomas (too far, alas)

Port-stops I'd be okayyyy with: San Juan P.R. (also probably too far), Cozumel, Jamaica again

Trying to think of anywhere else that's within range....
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sun May 03, 2015 8:38 am

The Port of Call must not be any part of United States or Territories in order to avoid paying taxes to United States on the any goods sold on the ship.If the PVSA would allow it ,I don't know ,but this fact stops us from using Key West or even far away Puerto Rico without stopping for awhile on Coco Cay or another place outside United States.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon May 04, 2015 4:57 am

Pellaz wrote:The football might just be a nod to the Superbowl and the fact that it will be carried aboard ship

I think it's pretty obvious, yes.
    Wishlist:

Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon May 04, 2015 6:58 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:The Port of Call must not be any part of United States or Territories in order to avoid paying taxes to United States on the any goods sold on the ship.If the PVSA would allow it ,I don't know ,but this fact stops us from using Key West or even far away Puerto Rico without stopping for awhile on Coco Cay or another place outside United States.

Yep. The Passenger Vessel Services Act is the reason why any cruise originating at a U.S. port on a non-U.S. flagged vessel must visit at least one foreign port (or no port at all, in the case of a "cruise to nowhere"). It gets into stuff like composition of the ship's crew, etc. The only ship sailing all-U.S. itineraries is Norwegian Cruise Line's Pride of America in Hawaii, as she is U.S.-flagged.

If the PVSA keeps our destination from being Key West, hey, I'm all for it. :lol:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue May 05, 2015 10:55 pm

American Airlines has a campaign for flights Helsinki-Miami-Panama-Helsinki. I could get flights for January/February for 560 euros.
    Come on, Andy, announce Delain already! :bitch:
    Wishlist:
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed May 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Memnoch wrote:Come on, Andy, announce Delain (or, y'know, anyone) already! :bitch:

Fixed.
    :twisted:
    2021 Wishlist:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:19 pm

Point of thought, can we get rid of the countdown dominating the whole homescreen?? People I tell about the cruise to go to the website, and there's nothing there--no pics, vids, MERCH, nothing to market the cruise... I bet there are lots of people coming to the site and go " meh" ....

I'd be one of those folks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing

:P
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Wed May 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Point of thought, can we get rid of the countdown dominating the whole homescreen?? People I tell about the cruise to go to the website, and there's nothing there--no pics, vids, MERCH, nothing to market the cruise... I bet there are lots of people coming to the site and go " meh" ....

I'd be one of those folks!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marketing

:P

It's a shocker!

my old myspace page has more info on it!
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed May 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Come on, Andy, announce Delain (or, y'know, any girlie band) already! :bitch:

Fixed.
    :twisted:

Why thank you, good sir. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Thu May 07, 2015 4:14 am

YAWN, with the bad ozzy dollar and no info at all, gonna have to pass on 2016, if we had anything might of made it work, but no band. no boat no idea makes it very hard to commit to going again, but on the up side we get to follow any bands we wanna see in OZ
    OC if dallas is yanking y chain with nightwish in jan/fab he gonna get brutalized :)
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu May 07, 2015 6:47 am

Yeah, I do not think the blank countdown page does any justice for hooking new cruisers in any way.
    can not even look at past line-ups, set times, press info
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu May 07, 2015 7:29 am

Let's face it, UMC are really, really good at organizing festivals - but only at organizing festivals. Year after year they create what many of us consider a truly unforgettable experience. The bad news is that they suck at everything that is not the cruise itself, such as promoting it, developing a proper website, managing user expectations or the customer service, among others.

I guess after surviving twice I've learnt to live with it.
    Wishlist:

Post Reply 2908 posts